No conclusions Just a question.

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (111 posts)
  1. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Before I begin; I want to say, I do believe in GOD and the Messiah.  So I'm not disputing the existence of God.   Though I do dispute many discriptions of him and where he is.

I'm just asking a question that believers (we) should all ponder.
      How is it that the church teaches that a false religion will rise up (in our future) that will teach a false religion and establish its own doctrine becoming a world order so-to-speak. 
       It is said in our bible that this false religion will fool even the MOST elect, if possible.
      That new, false religion; according to the book of Revelation, will be imposed upon the world, and those that do not come into that false religion  will be punished severely and/or killed.

Their book (the false one) will identify itself as the real teachings of God. And all others are false. And must chnge their way of thinking!
      Everything that we will need to know to identify this false religion is explained in the bible.                          And all that we have to do is read our book.

When this happens; we know that we are following the right path to heaven, and we know  "That New Book" is wrong because it says so in our book. (?) 
        I see a problem here !!  Who is who becomes very important according to the book.
         When this false religion comes along, their book will (falsely) prove itself as the one and only true religion.
    And we know that this hasn't happened yet because our book says so.                                                                But how do we really know if we are reading the first book or the False Book that is said to be the real book. ??   
       EASY  …    Our book explains how we can tell.

1. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Which means that you, and many others who have chosen to believe God wrote a book about himself, years ago, could be heading right down the path to doom.

You have no way of knowing.

Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe there is a God, and probably did express himself to many people.

Do I believe that those people express what they understood as their message from god 100% accurately ?   NO I don't.

Do I believe that those things of which prophesy was correctly written down are properly understood?  No I do.

For the answers are there. BUT,  No one wants to believe what is written because that disagrees with that which they were taught.

Why do you believe that whatever created everything, would contact humans?

Well, then, there is no sense in reading anything claimed to have been sent from God...now does it?

You don't even know if you are reading from the RIGHT book, Jerami, so how can you assert anything?

You seem to imply that the very book that you are reading could be in doubt, yet you go right on making claims that there is something there.  Why?

1. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why wouldn't the creator contact humans? What qualifications do we lack that make it of no interest in God contacting humans? Do you see other lifeforms around that God would like to contact more than humans? Any other habited planets? Do we need to be taller, shorter, wider, have three arms or our planet, does it need to be the biggest thing in the cosmos?
            All ya have to do is read that God gave his only son that all should be redeemed from eternal death to realize this is the right book.

No matter how much you ponder human qualifications, I fail to see why whatever created reality has a desire to contact humans.   

And, of course, your version is that HIS contact was through a 2000 year old book written by ignorant goat herders.

However, you probably couldn't handle an encounter with the real God, if such a being existed. 

Keep pondering

And this is one reason that no Creator would ever want to contact humans.  It is apparent that humans need to evolve for many more years.  This statement is still on the level of prehistoric savages.

2. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do not know any answer for this in truth, but I have had twp Pastors tell me, that the more they are involved, the moree they feel the New Testimate changing, and feeling way off base from the earlier meanings.

They were insinuating that that Religion talked about may be the very ones Christians are flocking to..!

It made me think some. Maybe so..?

I think that we have been flocking to it for a verry long long time.

If ?   lets just say If?  the church Constantine built was this church, it would certainly select  those writting  that would substanciate itself with the book which they created.

Yes with the word of God but requiring just a little bit ov oversight of certain parts and a little interpretation here and there.

Under very close scrutney Yes I think that the truth is there.

but that is just my opinion.

And I could be mistaken.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

big dif. between Church, as we know it and Jesus Christ. Big casam to cross back over I think

I don't know if crossing back over is posible.
            Religiousity has pick up a lot of unecessary baggage, making it very difficult to recognize the bare essentials.

The red letters in the bible are suposed to be exact quotes of that which Jesus spoke.
              I think that when we understand something a disciple says as being contradictory to that which is written in red; that is our first mistake. 
               but that is just the way I see it..

3. TMMason profile image60
      TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My god tell me to, "test all things and hold fast to that which is true". My God is not afraid of the truth... He is the truth.

As far as if the Bible is the true Bble... I believe the Catholics changed it to fit their agenda, among many others and their agendas. But I believe the truth of God's word cannot be changed in its intent and meaning. I believe His message is still within its text and that He ensures it does not get minipulated.

Also... Christ preached the "Gospel of the Kingdom of God"... most Christians today are following the "Gospel of Jesus Christ". They are two different things. Many religious leaders today have replaced God with Christ, and that is not what Christ wanted. So we have the false gospel among us today... and many have been misled by it.

1. dutchman1951 profile image60

I have to agree here.

2. Jerami profile image58

Yes I agree also ...   I could also say  You are agreeing with what I said in a small way.

Come a little closer ..???

1. TMMason profile image60
          TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nudge, nudge...

Just getting older and better looking every day.

And yourel?

4. heavenbound5511 profile image65
      heavenbound5511posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Right now the only thing from the bible that comes to my mind is:

2 Cor 11:3- But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

John 10:4-And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 12 years ago

My book is nature. Think you can believe that.

Yes I can.

I think that God can be seen in nature much better than he can in humanity.

I've known many that says they have great conversations with God while holding a fishing pole.

3. Jerami profile image58

These sounded like respectfully submitted questions  and I will attempt to answer in kind.
    ========================================================== Jerami wrote:
    I believe there is a God, and probably did express himself to many people.
    = - = - -   -   -   

getitrite

- = - = - ==   -   
    Me ..
    Why can you not see that we are connected with everything created through the reality of relativity?    And everything created is connected with that which created it through that same principle.
    = - = - = ----   ==== =-
    ===================================

Jerami wrote:
    Do I believe that those people express what they understood as their message from god 100% accurately ?
    = - = -

getitrite wrote:
    Why do you believe that whatever created everything, would contact humans?  NO I don't.
    =   =   -  -

Me 
    Why can you not see that we are connected with everything created through the reality of relativity?    And everything created is connected with that which created it through that same principle.

=  -  ==  --
    =============================
    Jerami wrote:
    NO I don't.
    ===   ----
    getitrite wrote:
    Well, then, there is no sense in reading anything claimed to have been sent from God...now does it?

=  -  ==   

me

That does not fall within proper reasoning,  Just because something is believed to not be 100% accurate it looses all of its value ?     How does improved ideas happen if imperfect ideas are automatically rejected completely.
       Kinda like cutting down an apple tree simply because a crow pecked a hole in a few apples.
    ==========================================================       = - =   --  ==
    Jerami wrote:
    Do I believe that those things of which prophesy was correctly written down are properly understood? No I do. For the answers are there. BUT, No one wants to believe what is written because that disagrees with that which they were taught.

- =  - =  - 

getitrite
    You don't even know if you are reading from the RIGHT book, Jerami, so how can you assert anything?
    = - = - = -
    me
    I never said that I do not feel that I know which is the right book  (You AS-U-Me that to be what I said)
    There you go again!
    =  -  ===

getitrite wrote
    You seem to imply that the very book that you are reading could be in doubt, yet you go right on making claims that there is something there.  Why?

----  ====  -  =
    ==  --  ==  -= ---  =
    That which I expressed above, I have expressed many different ways over the past couple of years.  I don't think I can express this any clearer.
       The fact that organized religion has gone where it has gone is in and of itself fulfillment of prophesy.

There you go again!

4. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 12 years ago

I don't think this new religion will have a book, per se'.

There is coming a world leader and the false prophet, who will deceive many with false signs and wonders. They will likely draw on all of the "holy" books to prove their case.

I guess he'll play right into the hands of those who do not hold fast to the truth. I recon even staunch atheists will swoon to this combination of political/economic genius and the works of the false prophet. they will finally have all the "proof" they keep asking for.

5. Jerami profile image58

I don't think that all that are taken in by this false religion will be punished by hell fire such as our religion teaches,

Just saying that I believe; if a false religion came into being tomorrow, perople would believe  and behave pretty much the same way that we act today.

And there were many people that believed and behaved; a long long time ago, the same way that you say that you would tomorrow if this false religion came into being tomorrow.

A long long time ago when people believed diferently than that which was dictated,  they were exterminated as a group, pretty much the same as futurists believe will happen some day.

I happen to believe that this is all past tense.
    But you know this so I won't elaborate. NOW,  AGAIN.

6. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 12 years ago

Well since Christlikeians have this personal relationship with God the Spirit will inform them of the falseness.
    I believe catholicism is a great falseness and people need to come out of that religion.
    And yes this is why God left us a book. Just like in school people need books to learn from, but unlike our worldly system God put everything we need in ONE book.
    God is brilliant and well able to write the worlds best book.

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

this 'worlds best book' wasn't circulated until quite recently.  The printing press was only invented a few hundred years ago.  Most people couldn't read & write.  A lot of people wouldn't touch the KJV with a barge pole because of dodgy translations etc.  If you had been born 1000 years ago, you would never have heard of the bible

1. profile image0

uh no, i would have been considered a gentile and to me the bible was not given to yet. With jesus, slight correction here, 2,009 yrs ago the gospel was given to the gentiles. They had books in jesus time, obviously. The gospel spread in jesus time, obviously. The catholics took control of it and hushed it up, obviously. king james in 1611, but a few bibles before that. King james is not that dodgy compared to some of the versions out there. More often than not the king james nails it on the head. Today we have access to the greek and hebrew texts. The torah was used predominantly until christ birthed the church so He could be preached. It all works. I do not get caught up on what others do, like some people, it is not a good excuse, i worry about what i do and the rest falls in place.

2. Jerami profile image58

brotheryochanan
      I believe catholicism is a great falseness and people need to come out of that religion.

= - = --  ==

I think you are right about Catholicism being a great falseness, And just about everyone who are not catholic will agree.
        I might add; her daughters are not quite as false as their mother is. 

I am neither preterits nor historist
           I am a combined of these two.
           I am preterits concerning the seal judgments and historist concerning the rest ......   but not for any of the reasons that they suggest.

I think that if we consider that the second coming did happen when Jesus said that it would (That generation) and that catholism is the beast that rose up out of the sea (Rev.13)
      And she had many daughters
           The mystery would disappear
           Then denominations would fade away.
           Then all Christians could live in harmony.
           Then there might be world peace
        OK, that last one is a stretch.

Almost 1 AM  so going to bed.

1. profile image0

nice.. one of the beasts is to me, obviously, a religious system... come out of her, etc.

Jesus is the way to God there is no other.
        God is the way to selflessness and selflessness makes all the difference.

thanks, its nice to see someone gleans what i glean

Jesus is the way to God there is no other.

. one of the beasts is to me, obviously, a religious system..

===============

And that religious system will teach  Jesus said "such and such".  and that not be true.
          it will surely warp the teachings of Jesus.
          It will teach that that which is good is bad , and that which is bad is good.

It will fool almost everyone,  OR , maybe it did already?

3. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The bible is the second worst hate filled psychotic book of lies the world has ever seen, the quoran tops it by a few percentile points. smile

1. profile image0

and slasher movies are lauded as good entertainment
        lol
        and fights are okay in hockey games
        and murder would be okay if the a**hole deserved it
        and rape might not be such a terrible thing if a woman did it to a man or a man found himself in a situation of crossed signals, a few drinks and a really short skirt on the girl in your car.
        Finger pointing is hilarious. Everybody likes to think the person next to them is worse than them, but many people are just fortunate enough not to have their boundaries tested, or when they do, its okay for them, but not anyone else.

1. earnestshub profile image81

Slasher movies don't make claims to be written at the behest of a god fer gawds sake!

What a pathetic argument! lol

1. profile image0

at the behest of a God?
            You make it sound like God is the criminal here.
            God didn't foreordain the rapes
            God didn't foreordain the murders
            He gave people a choice. Even before the Hebrews went into canaan and camped before the city of jericho.. god had his people circumcised and then they had a two week feast of passover - giving the people inside jericho ample time to consider who and what was coming at them, but instead they took confidence in their walls and shut the gate. None came out. None sided with Gods people. How can you say that God is merciless when biblical evidence like this is blantantly in your face. Of course you never interpreted this on your whirlwind 30yrs of bible study.
            Just like in our society. We still have the death penalty for a few things. Jail for most. When Gods people were walking around in the wilderness they did not have jails, or permanent homes. They had tents.. tents.. cloth and tent pole tents... no jails.. So God couldn't say.. lock this person up for 12 yrs because they were on the move again. They did not actually settle until they were in Canaan which was occupied by unGodly nations, at which point in the book of joshua God set up a prison system.
            A parent does the best they can do for their children. Parents want the best for their child. God wants the best for His people.
            The OT shows clearly that God is a god of judgment and reprocussion for disobedience. Jesus shows clearly that all can be saved and enter into the things of God. At the same time this clearly states that those who do not enter into the things of God will not be saved and judgment will happen.
            There are no pathetic arguments just pathetic interpretations and misguided perceptions lol

How do you manage to take the words written plainly in your "good" book and change the meaning to be entirely different?

Majik! lol

4. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, all 38,000 reported denominations of Christlikeians have been informed of the falseness. They each agree each of the other denominations information is false.

See? You just made my point.

Now you contradict yourself, you just stated above that it is the personal relationship with god that informs you of the falseness of your holy book, while completely ignoring the fact so many denominations of "Christlikeians" do not agree with each other on the interpretations. smile

1. profile image0

This statement is wrong
        "Yes, all 38,000 reported denominations of Christlikeians have been informed of the falseness. They each agree each of the other denominations information is false".

1) i have proven that there are not 38,000 denominations there are 38,000 offices and 123 denominations, which include catholicism, 7th day adventist, mormon etc...
        1) they do not agree the other denominations are false. OF the ones that truly are Christian, saved and born again: each denomination has some truth, except catholicism. Some beliefs are off the mark but to say as you infer that the baptists think the presbyterians are false and the methodist are false and the pentecostals are false is, ummm, false. I even know of baptists who don't think the catholics are false.

I haven't contradicted myself, my personal relationship is based on the questions i ask God, see, because its personal, its my person. Since i ask God certain questions he gives me answers to those questions. If others have not asked those questions, they have not received those answers.
        ALSO, if others have their minds set in a certain way about some thing like trinity for example. God has a difficult time changing their minds, because they fight to keep their decision finalized. God cannot twist the arms of people and make them believe a certain way if they do not want to. I have no such predetermined theologies. God is able to answer me in areas he may have trouble with others.
        So the spirit is willing to teach people, but the people have to be open to the teaching.
        The reason so many do not agree with each other on interpretations has been discussed before in detail in response to your post. I wish you would listen. Its like a puzzle. (remember now?) some are working over here on this section of the puzzle and some over there on that section. They disagree because they have not worked on the same section. Those who know more scriptures can put them together more concisely than those who rarely read the scriptures. Its like the difference between a person in grade 8 and a person in grade 12, both know math but do not know the same things. The grade 12er may sit down with the grade 8er and begin to teach co-signs and equivalents.. the grade 8er may not grasp what is being taught. Of course denominations build walls.. the baptist will not believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues because he is not taught that way. Hence few christlikeians pray to mary because they are not taught that way. Those who are curious may search the scriptures and pray about certain issues and being open to the truth will be taught by God and learn, whether we hear of them changing churches as evidence is highly improbable on hubpages.
        hope this helps. hope you actually read it lol

7. amymarie_5 profile image66
    amymarie_5posted 12 years ago

The bible was written by primitive and barbaric people.  Its also been re-written hundreds of times- if it's the word of god, why edit it? To this day there are different versions of the bible. Again, why different bibles? The ancient Romans wrote the new testament to satisfy the pagans and Christians who were at war with one another. They basically turned Jesus into a deity and gave him powers of many different roman gods. We all know how irrational and barbaric the Romans were at that time. Dangerous people like hitler and manson were inspired by the bible to commit heinous acts against humanity. The Jesus freaks of the world refuse to acknowledge that.

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Where did you get your history of the Bible?
      How much of your view is pure assumption, or repetition of other's opinions.

To me, none of what you wrote is YOUR personal conclusion, mere parroting of other you agree with. hmm

2. heavenbound5511 profile image65

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and [from] the things which are written in this book.- Revelation 22:19

8. amymarie_5 profile image66

If any other book inspired the kind of evil the bible does, it would be banned. The irony? They think Harry potter is evil. Lol

1. profile image0

the bible is too violent for children

http://godconfusion.blogspot.com/2011/0 … ldren.html

1. profile image0

hey, don't forget about the NT with that jesus guy he had a lot of good things to say, but avoid this stuff ... the wolf ate grandma and then tried to eat little red riding hood. And don't forget about poor humpty dumpty, and husha husha we all fall down. London bridges falling down... every watch Walt Disney cartoons.. full of violence.. ever let your 10 yr old watch Freddy!
        I think when people talk overly much about the violence in the bible they are really just accusing for the sake of accusing, kinda like being a hypocrite: saying, oh the violence is bad and then cheering for the fighter in the hockey game. Vampires have been glamorized in our society but its still violence biting into the neck of some prey.
        There's violence everywhere. There's books about rape, although masked in a cover of self help, its still there. The bible is like that, there's a rape or two but its covered in self help and Gods help.
        Get over it people!!!!

1. profile image0

a rape or two?  Clearly you haven't read the bible throughly.

A rape ot two, a murder or two, a threat or three.... all the same to the religiously impaired apparently. sad

1. profile image0

So now you are against murder. I guess you don't watch movies very often do ya? Your facade of a righteous front is marred with self denial. Like you never watched a movie with adultery in it, or a killing or threats...
              Yet you disclaim the bible.
              hypocrite!

2. profile image0

you got more? Your movie collection free from perversity?

2. aka-dj profile image64

The Bible inspires PEOPLE, not violence.
      Neither good nor evil can be inspired.
      It inspires people like Mother Teresa to serve the poor all her life.
      It inspired Martin Luther King to change a nation!
      It has inspired countless NGO's and charities around the world.

Please don't be so narrow minded and biased to limit it to evil, just because it suits your beliefs.

1. profile image0

yet the bible has violence, incest, rape, murder, etc etc - LOTS of it.

People used the bible to justify slavery, treating women as second class citizens, racism and more

1. aka-dj profile image64

Sure it does.
          It's not deniable.
          But, it shows the human condition for what it is.
          That's kinda what separates it from "fairy tales".

People do what they want. The Bible is what it is.
          How much good has ome out of it over the years?

1. profile image0

That's true aka, the bible shows all aspects of humanity, it doesn't cloud the issues with lies.. these things were done and this is the outcome and God definitely saw it. God doesn't shirk from his word, he compiled the book as honestly and real as it is. There are lots of lessons to learn throughout all the ages from this book. I can have faith in a God that is open and honest even if its not a desirable truth, he still lets me have it. Glory to God.

2. profile image0

it shows portrays god as a psychotic murderer along with his followers (who have a fetish for collecting foreskins)

1. profile image0

so God was a psychotic murderer when he saved His people from slavery in egypt, and when he gave the Hebrews land, when they had no land, and when he protected them from barbaric nations who were skilled at war when His people were not skilled at war and against nations who were much taller (giants) than they were (goliath) and when Jesus allowed himself to be the last sacrifice for the salvation of all people and when he said Love your neighbor.
              Honestly i have heard of tunnel vision before but yours and others like you, completely take the cake.

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, he murdered thousands of completely innocent Egyptians while apparently letting the slavers go free.  He gave Hebrews land that someone else already occupied after forcing them to walk for two generations to get it.

He then declared that we should Love Our Neighbor.  Yes, the medical term is psychotic, but those with tunnel vision cannot see it.

1. profile image0

the murder of the egyptians. Lets look at the scenario. An army of egyptians, men trained for war, told by their captain to get those hebrews back! Not much is going to detour them. This is proven by their attempt to cross the sea as did the Hebrews. After the plagues and the sea parting they still obeyed their leader. Josephus adds much to this story that is very interesting. So, what was God to do.. He did not want them killing his people - oh he stopped a war didn't he now.
                  The land was all occupied true. The land that God wanted for his people, walkably close and the best land of them all! God hates his children so much he wanted nothing but the best for them, interesting huh. God gave the surrounding nations time to change their minds about fighting Gods people each time he moved his people on toward more territory, as i said before, after crossing the Jordan river there was a 4+ week wait till they attacked Jericho giving the inhabitants enough time to access their situation. The Jericho people knew what Gods people were capable of and still their resolve was to shut the gates and trust in their walls.
                  The walking in the desert occurred after God had already taken them to the Jordan river the first time - He was ready to move the across the Jordan before the 40 yr marathon in the desert - he sent spies to see the land and they came back with a negative report, all except joshua and caleb. The negative report disturbed all of Gods people except joshua and caleb and God turned them back because belief and faith in what God could and would do was the important tool to conquer the land. The faithless and unbelieving had to be eradicated because Gods work was important for His peoples sake.
                  In the OT God does much to show his people how to live a successful life in times that were much different than our times now. We live in a time called the age of civilization and the age prior was the uncivilized age. Uncivilized is quite barbaric as history shows not only in the bible. Territory was something that everybody fought for because with territory came plunder, riches and wealth. There were no boundaries. People did not just jump on the camel and go camping by any old stream, travel was dangerous even up unto roman times.
                  God loves His people but he gave a son for all people.
                  Yeah that's psychotic. God freed a people from slavery, yah thats pschotic. God told them many things that helped them live and understand their world, saved them from heartache and headache. He prospered them when they did well and corrected them when they did bad. He went to extreme lengths to keep their society pure of evil
                  Yeah that psychotic.
                  I think you have the tunnel vision

2. recommend1 profile image60
                recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is no record of any jewish exodus from egypt.  In all the many notations of the educated Egyptians across the whole possible period of this fictitious event there is no mention of it, or any of the plagues - or anything at all.

If everything that your supposed god does has to be made up doesn't that begin to tell you that it is a lie ?

If you choose to close your eyes to the truth of history, then why don't we see (in these enlightened days) seas parted for the righteous, talking burning bushes, no illuminating stone tablets miraculously appearing on mountain tops ?

1. profile image0

There are no records of egyptian exodus because it was the practice of new pharaohs to eliminate evidence of the previous pharaoh and each ruling pharaoh only recorded their success not their defeats. Check for yourself there's enough info on the web.  Even our history books today leave out the damaging info and make everyone into heroes and our newspapers and tv news broadcast are severely controlled.

hows that 3 self church doing these days? Are you getting indoctrinated by your culture?

3. earnestshub profile image81

and the dish ran away with the spoon! lol

2. profile image0

I think the middle eastern mentality about women arose out of a fear of their sexual power. What people fear they want to control.

3. profile image0

what about friday the 13th?
      Texas chainsaw massacres?
      oh the list goes on.
      banning the bible for its printed stories is ludicrous.
      your post should have been banned
      was funny though.

1. recommend1 profile image60

There is no comparison between the two issues - as you well know.  Movies are for amusement, your vicious tome is explicit direections to vulnerable people on how to live their lives and hate and make war on every other religious belief.

You are deluded but clearly you are not stupid - you are just another liar for jesus it seems.

1. profile image0

and you miss my point.
          You can't judge events that happened in a time of history that was barbaric.
          You can't agree with movies that depict violence and then shun violence.
          You are either against violence or not.
          If you liked the horrors of freddy and rail against the bible wars you are being completely biased and double minded.

Who is Freddy? smile I abhor violence. You may be out of your culture here.

I assume you mean the crazy ghost-like guy who chops people up with a chainsaw?

I caught a couple of promos I think. We have cable and satellite here and the only time I have seen it was by accident.

I don't watch nasty crap like this from Noddy land or Hollywood, not the sort of thing anyone in my circle could tell you much about really.

2. earnestshub profile image81

Sorry about the late edit. glitch. smile

9. amymarie_5 profile image66

Aka- not my conclusions. It's part of history. Dionysus is eerily similar to Christ. As are many other roman and Greek gods. Look it up yourself.

10. amymarie_5 profile image66
  11. amymarie_5 profile image66

Bailerbear: it's interesting you say that. My friend's little boy was traumatized at church because of all the paintings and sculptures of a bloody Jesus nailed to the cross. I myself was scared as a child but being that my family was so religious at the time I knew better than to show my fear.

1. profile image0

I was subjected to all the demon crap in a pentecostal church.

I haven't read the bible for years, but can still remember all the stuff about foreskins being hacked off as bounty, brains splattered on stones etc

12. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel.  (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live.  (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
        "If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."  (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death.  (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.  (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Cursing Parents

1) If one curses his father or mother, his lamp will go out at the coming of darkness.  (Proverbs 20:20 NAB)

2) All who curse their father or mother must be put to death.  They are guilty of a capital offense.  (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Death for Adultery

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.  (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Death to Followers of Other Religions

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed.  (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.  (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions.

1) If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him.  Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you.  You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery.  And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.  (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

2) Suppose a man or woman among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, has done evil in the sight of the LORD your God and has violated the covenant by serving other gods or by worshiping the sun, the moon, or any of the forces of heaven, which I have strictly forbidden.  When you hear about it, investigate the matter thoroughly. If it is true that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, then that man or woman must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.  (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy

One day a man who had an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father got into a fight with one of the Israelite men.  During the fight, this son of an Israelite woman blasphemed the LORD's name.  So the man was brought to Moses for judgment.  His mother's name was Shelomith. She was the daughter of Dibri of the tribe of Dan.  They put the man in custody until the LORD's will in the matter should become clear.  Then the LORD said to Moses, "Take the blasphemer outside the camp, and tell all those who heard him to lay their hands on his head.  Then let the entire community stone him to death.  Say to the people of Israel: Those who blaspheme God will suffer the consequences of their guilt and be punished.  Anyone who blasphemes the LORD's name must be stoned to death by the whole community of Israel.  Any Israelite or foreigner among you who blasphemes the LORD's name will surely die.  (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets

1) Suppose there are prophets among you, or those who have dreams about the future, and they promise you signs or miracles,  and the predicted signs or miracles take place.  If the prophets then say, 'Come, let us worship the gods of foreign nations,' do not listen to them.  The LORD your God is testing you to see if you love him with all your heart and soul.  Serve only the LORD your God and fear him alone.  Obey his commands, listen to his voice, and cling to him.  The false prophets or dreamers who try to lead you astray must be put to death, for they encourage rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of slavery in the land of Egypt.  Since they try to keep you from following the LORD your God, you must execute them to remove the evil from among you.  (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT)

2) But any prophet who claims to give a message from another god or who falsely claims to speak for me must die.'  You may wonder, 'How will we know whether the prophecy is from the LORD or not?'  If the prophet predicts something in the LORD's name and it does not happen, the LORD did not give the message.  That prophet has spoken on his own and need not be feared.  (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Infidels and Gays Should Die

So God let them go ahead and do whatever shameful things their hearts desired.  As a result, they did vile and degrading things with each other's bodies.  Instead of believing what they knew was the truth about God, they deliberately chose to believe lies.  So they worshiped the things God made but not the Creator himself, who is to be praised forever.  Amen.  That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires.  Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other.  And the men, instead of having normal sexual relationships with women, burned with lust for each other.  Men did shameful things with other men and, as a result, suffered within themselves the penalty they so richly deserved.  When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.  They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful.  They are forever inventing new ways of sinning and are disobedient to their parents.  They refuse to understand, break their promises, and are heartless and unforgiving.  They are fully aware of God's death penalty for those who do these things, yet they go right ahead and do them anyway.  And, worse yet, they encourage others to do them, too.  (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle

For the LORD had said to Moses, 'Exempt the tribe of Levi from the census; do not include them when you count the rest of the Israelites.  You must put the Levites in charge of the Tabernacle of the Covenant, along with its furnishings and equipment.  They must carry the Tabernacle and its equipment as you travel, and they must care for it and camp around it.  Whenever the Tabernacle is moved, the Levites will take it down and set it up again.  Anyone else who goes too near the Tabernacle will be executed.'  (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever.  It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy.  Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy.  Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community.  Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest.  I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'  (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

All good harmless fun! lol

1. profile image0

another ridiculous post. If you put as much effort into discovering the truth as you did copying and pasting without any knowledge of what you are talking about, then perhaps you would be able to correct the desperate position you find yourself in.
      All these posts of yours have been explained before and you lost miserably in your proclamation of a harsh God. Once again you repeat defeated arguments against a God who's love and grace extends unto HIS people. HIS people: in a time of history, harsher than God that you cannot imagine.
      I give this 9 yawns out of 10.
      0 on a base of understanding
      -3 on interpretation
      +10 on denial of truth
      typical score
      i do love running jokes across forums
      keep on posting.
      Of course if you like rather than take up space on this thread i can email you all the details that prove you wrong: again. But honestly, since you are in the business of denial and misinformation and your ears won't listen nor your mind ever admit when a post defeats your stance, i would prefer not to waste more time than this with you.

If you don't like the lies in the bible don't read them!

Yes I have seen dozens of religiously impaired people lie about the lies, nothing new.

What you think of me is of no interest at all, and your personal attacks are as gutless and meaningless as ever! lol

1. profile image0

what i don't like are your lies.
          I have also seen hundreds of atheist impaired people nothing new.

I'm not attacking you. I'm just telling you truth. I can think of nothing else to say to you. You have broadcast this same message countless number of times, so many in fact it should by now be considered spam. You have been refuted and proven to be wrong and still you ramble on. Your credibility is zero and that's being generous.  Since all you post is hate and negativity the mods should throw you out for being useless, creating chaos, and wasting space on their server. Again not an attack, just honesty of the which you are not champion.
          If i were you i'd stick to what you know and keep out of what you know nothing about.
          I see that dignity is as meaningless as ever also lol

1. profile image0

'I'm not attacking you.  I'm just telling you the truth.'

Yeah, right.

2. profile image0

When they refused to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their evil minds and let them do things that should never be done.  Their lives became full of every kind of wickedness, sin, greed, hate, envy, murder, fighting, deception, malicious behavior, and gossip.  They are backstabbers, haters of God, insolent, proud, and boastful.

The fate of all those who hate God, its a psychosis thing.

13. Stump Parrish profile image59
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Hitler accomplished a few positive things for Germany as well. Does that mean we should ignore all his barbaric actions due to this? As he said...What luck for rulers that men don't think.

14. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 12 years ago

BrotherChan the following words on the front top section of your Hub Page

Quote:

" All my information is strictly and only from the king james bible, no other book is used. If you want to discuss info from other sources, even c.s. lewis, i gotta say, i'm not interested. I enjoy bible discussions about bible stories that are exclusively bible. I don't even wanna discuss your NIV version lol."

if you are this closed minded?  Why even debate anything?

1. profile image0

who was it that said they wouldn't touch the KJV with a barge-pole?

2. profile image0

Its not a closed mindedness. No other books are required.  The king james version is the best. The niv isn't close to the king james. Most versions now a days are off base. C.S lewis is okay but why debate that like some have tried to do.
      If i am wrong in scripture i prefer to be corrected by scripture, is this not the christian way?

15. earnestshub profile image81

Working at the 280 foot level of a power station as a rigger in my youth, a religious fanatic went crazy about all the swearing he heard on the site.
    I got fed up with him and told him he was on a construction site fer gawds sake!

He then resorted to flogging his belief in god, and how he had no fear because god was protecting him.

So naturally I picked him up by his jacket and held him over the side and asked him if he really had the faith in god he was driving us nuts with.
    He crapped himself. Never heard a religious word from him after that. smile

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL Dangling him over  the side like that, uh, forget god, his faith should be in you! He probably prays to you every Sunday now!

lol I would like to test a few on here for "real" faith! lol

What is such a pity is that the few moronic 'believers' are nothing of the kind and they obscure and reduce the status of those real believers who live their lives very well and are a huge asset to society. 

Funny how Ihave never heard any of those good people flapping their ignorance, badgering people to believe or supporting wars in favour of their chosen myth system.

My son was a chorister for 5 years, and an atheist. The church where he sang also look after the homeless. Not one of the people we were involved with ever talked to either of us about religion.
            My son was glad to have his scholarship, and they were glad to have him in the choir. The church is sometimes just a structure to help others, and I have no problem with that.

I agaree with this and have similar experiences.  My religious mother was part of a church 'help' group that would help really aged people to stay in their homes by doing a bit of cleaning or shopping for them.  She roped me in to help her doing justthis for a blind couple both over 90,  I got to do the shopping luckily!  Her example is the way to influence others.  However, the blue-rinse pompous @ss-wipes who organised it and took all the credit at services never ever got one heavily be-ringed finger dirty.

Unfortunately it is the same here. It was not the church leaders who did any of the helping, they just are. smile

I had to make the choice to ignore that and stay with the mere workers like myself who actually did something useful.

One triumphant day one of the church leaders an Archbishop who had hidden the truth about some of the churches sexual offenders for twenty years or more visited and got a lot more than he bargained for.

When he came in earshot, several of the senior boys whispered in unison "Paedophile!" We all heard it. smile

Small justice I know. smile

1. profile image0

amusing stories if true. i have no doubt you stretched them for impact sake.
                  Church leaders, lead the church, duh. and they are not supposed to leave the guidance of church matters to help.
                    Acts 6:2   Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
                  The same in any business, the top dog leads, the others do the work...

AS to the people hanging 20yr old mistakes over their pastors heads when God has forgiven them shows that a cult you were in and a cult it was. Wishy washy at best and i'm bettin an all round sucky church.  Catholic perhaps smile

2. profile image0

I recall people who had questions about the bible. They wanted to know about the flood, adam and eve, why mankind was so important to God. And when their questions were answered. They took the next step and were saved.
      After that ya couldn't shut them up about God.
      Never heard an anti-religious word from them after that smile

Been there, done that. lol

Ever hear an anti religious word from me or most of the other non myth-ers here who have also been through the mythical majikal ride?

16. earnestshub profile image81

Apparently your particular version of a version of the bible is almost unique. lol

It must be so wonderful to be you with all that learnin about a myth. lol

1. profile image0

yah it's alright. Unique is okay. The old versions don't work.
      I enjoy knowing what i know. Many have been blessed, glory to God of course.
      i know more in my two years than you ever did from your 30.

Wanna know why?
      Because you didn't spend enough time in quietness listening for Gods voice and you didn't hear Gods voice because you were in a state of rebellion. In short you were not submitted to God and i still doubt you were ever born again via christian standards.
      You failed to put all your cares upon him and then failed to patiently wait for an answer.
      Hope this helps

Two short years of study. That's true.

And over 30 years of being surrounded by religionists who neither read nor understand anything other than religion. smile
        It's a bit like, I read your book which tells you you can't read my book.
        You know, the old circular thinking thing breaks out then. smile

1. profile image0

It doesn't matter what other people do or don't do. This area of finger pointing and blaming others is really quite huge. There are many modifiers to consider.
          1) if they are even saved to begin with 2) length of time as a christian 3) amount of dedication to God 4) what hell are they coming out of 5) Their lifestyle - busy home life, workaholics, alone and single 6) what area of their life is God working on 7) do they have access to a church 8) do they read the word at all 9) are they struggling with something.. these are a few considerations and this is why Jesus told us to love one another, because we cannot know their hearts and we cannot know what is of utmost importance from Gods perspective in their christian walk.
          We cannot judge each other which seems to be where your post comes from. Here's an example of a type of judging we are not supposed to do:
          Ya walk into a christian home and notice there is no TV set. so ya ask, you dont have a TV? and buddy christian says, nope. So immediately you think, immature christian cannot even program the proper shows to watch, doesn't trust himself with a TV in the house. Bam! ya judged, and maybe incorrectly, but the harm is done because you think less of that christian now.
          Lets tackle the can't read the other book. Secular books are all mans ideas and theories and man can be wrong and often is: God is not wrong but beside this... we want a road map to heavenly things, living in the spirit, how not to judge others, how to avoid the very appearance of evil - again a few examples.. well ya don't go to a gardening book for that info..you go to the source of the matter, the bible - coincidentally a book about God and for His people. This book can be trusted to teach a person about what he or she wants to know about Jesus and God.
          Its not circular thinking, that's a trap label that people get caught up in reading other books lol. How are we to know what parts of other books to accept as truth? We line it up with the word of god.. oh... i see,... so why do i need other books lol, if all the answers i need are in this bible.

17. earnestshub profile image81

The story is true. smile
    Wrong on the second account as well. I could name names. lol

1. profile image0

i'm not convinced .. but whatever. It would be far to easy to name names over the internet. i'll give him the name bill summers.
      see
      Best to stay away from personal experiences that have no way of being verified, it leads to much speculation and often doubt, if the story is of such and such a nature.

1. profile image0

yet personal experiences is all religionists have to offer as 'proof' that god is real - how ironic!

1. profile image0

More like socratic irony.
          Many Christians have personal experiences with God and none of them do you believe. Go to another forum and those Christians there have personal experiences also. Go to a christian forum in russia, africa, new zealand or to a christian coffee shop anywhere and ask around... oh my they too have personal experiences. The Christians all say they have a personal experience with God and you believe none of them.
          I guess judging people by ones own experience is not really a good idea.
          You want to finger point at people when they do wrong and blame them for your downfall but when mass amounts of people from all walks of life who don't know each other, hundreds and thousands of miles apart,  all claim the same thing - personal relationship with God you ignore that completely. Your finger doesn't point to this as a positive thing.
          Socratic irony indeed.

Their are millions of people who believe all sorts of rot everywhere you go.
            No big revelation. Are you a sci fi fan as well?

2. profile image0

you sound so bitter & twisted in your efforts to defend your beliefs

2. earnestshub profile image81

I don't make up lies and pass them off as truth. You could have easily verified it if you read any of a dozen of my hubs that mention my youngest son.
        I have been on this site almost 3 years now, and no one has called me a liar!

1. profile image0

I've only been accused of lying by a few religionists on here (who shamelessly tell porkies)

A bit like the ones who run a hate list then tell you they are being attacked when they are responded to.

2. profile image0

Every time you are proven wrong and you deny it - a lie or you ignore it - a lie
          When you don't verify your material - a lie
          When you copy bible out of proper context - a lie
          When you say people should listen to you because you studied the bible for 30 yrs - a lie
          When you post misinformation on purpose - a lie.
          When you put blame on other people for your mistakes - a lie.
          When you put on false airs to look important - a lie
          When a post has been proven to be wrong and you post it again - a lie.
          You lied to hubpages when you joined the forums - a place for debate and discussion but there is no discussion with you.
          Seems like i care more than others do about you. smile

until now. lol

No need to try and disguise from hubpages that you are flat out calling me a liar many times over. I will let your post stand on it's own merit. smile
            I won't have you banned, others may, but I feel you are better at destroying your own credibility left to your own devises here.

1. profile image0

Now that's funny.
              When you get an ear to live in a world of truth.... try not to be too alarmed
              no disguise.
              I've not met a worse person that i can remember.
              congrats! lol

Well thank you! I consider that an honour! lol

2. profile image0

oh, the hypocrisy

18. earnestshub profile image81

All my work done for me. That's how I like it! lol
    Are you gonna drag up all my old posts and continue to make my case in your replies? I'm good with that.

Do you ever get anyone else to read the stuff you write back to you?
    There is a mile of good could come out of that. lol

1. profile image0

such denial
      shallow
      false
      pitiful

good management cool guy lol

1. heavenbound5511 profile image65

smile

hmm

big_smile

That's what I thought you said. lol

Hi Mr Sweet Earnest!  lol

You must have the wrong Ernest.

I'm shallow false and pitiful remember? lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)