Weekly Topic Inspiration (HubMob) Keeping kids entertained over summer

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (43 posts)
  1. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Heya Hubbers! I hope you had a fabulous weekend, and that your shiny new week is full of promise!

Seeing as we are on the cusp of full-blown summer vacation season, Maddie suggested another brilliant Weekly Topic Inspiration theme for this week: creative ways to keep kids entertained over the summer.

As Jason pointed out last week, Hubs that have clear, to-the-point will do best.  I recommend going for clear, search-friendly wording like "Tips on building a lemonade stand" or "Summer Backyard Camping Parties for Kids"

Do you have an idea for a great summer-vacation-activity Hub already?  Here's how to make sure it's a part of this week's community batch:

1)    Click here to visit this week's topic.
    2)    Click the green button "answer this question".
    3)    Click the gray button below the box (leave that empty) that says "make a Hub about it."
    4)    Give your Hub a very specific title, like Easy Summer Gardening Projects for Kids or Challenging Summer Activities for Teens
    5)    Create good quality original content that hasn't been covered before.
    6)    After you publish your Weekly Topic Inspiration Hub, come back to this forum thread and post a link to your Hub with a brief description of what you wrote about and why.

For more information on the Weekly Topic Inspiration program, check out the Learning Center guide.

I can't wait to read your Hubs!
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5102823_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      reena_yadavposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Simone,

I have just published my Hub on the 10 creative ways to entertain kids during summer. The link for my hub is

http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Creative-Way … ver-Summer

Happy Reading !

1. prairieprincess profile image91
        prairieprincessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is great! I enjoyed reading this very much.

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
        ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nice work, reena_yadav! I just read it and commented. smile

3. Simone Smith profile image88
        Simone Smithposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Goodness gracious, that was fast! Way to go, reena_yadav!

4. Denise Handlon profile image84
        Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Reena-nice job! smile

2. SMOMarketingWiz profile image57
      SMOMarketingWizposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well this is great, will start thinking about some really fresh ideas.

3. dariashakti profile image60
      dariashaktiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I've just published my hub on labyrinths for kids...
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Kids-and-the-Labyrinth

1. Denise Handlon profile image84

Enjoyed-unique idea.

4. WillWrite4Food profile image59
      WillWrite4Foodposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've compiled a list of easy to access activities that are loads of fun for kids and great at breaking up some of the monotony of summer lulls!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Summer-Fun-Idea … ool-is-Out

read it-good list. smile

5. profile image54
      MoverReviews21posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Wow, this concept is great. It will encourage children to do lot more things to enjoy themselves.

6. SMOMarketingWiz profile image57
      SMOMarketingWizposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is a very good concept and the kids would like it.
      It is good to keep the kids busy with some useful work.

7. Les Trois Chenes profile image80
      Les Trois Chenesposted 12 years agoin reply to this
  2. Zubair Ahmed profile image74
    Zubair Ahmedposted 12 years ago

Hi,

With summer holiday looming it is hard to keep kid's busy - if only we all had as much energy, adults would be allot more productive.

Anyway thanks for raising this thread - I have recently written a hub which discuss way's to keep kids busy - 'How to keep kids busy at home with activities'.  I use these techniques myself and can safely say that it does work.

The other thing to do is take the kid's out for a long walk usually by a scenic route to keep them engaged, that sort of works to expel all that excess energy, by the time you come back home the'd be tired and wanting to relax.

All the best

3. Charlotte B Plum profile image68
    Charlotte B Plumposted 12 years ago

Here is my hub about keeping kids entertained over summer - it's rather unconventional, but i hope it'll provide some ideas!

http://hubpages.com/hub/An-Unconvention … s-for-Kids

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image87
      ThePracticalMommyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing info about Garageband in this hub. It sounds like a great way to keep kids entertained over the summer, especially on rainy days.

2. Simone Smith profile image88

Yeah, this is awesome! And of course, the theme is *creative* ideas, so the Hub is perfect big_smile

3. Denise Handlon profile image84

Charlotte-great idea.  I'm loving the unique ideas posted here. LOL

4. K9keystrokes profile image83
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

Should be a fun topic for several hubbers Simone!

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

My hub is about fun summer nature activities and nature crafts.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fun-Summer-Natu … r-Children

Oh, this brings back so many good memories!

2. Denise Handlon profile image84

Alicia-wonderful job with the focus on nature.  smile

6. workingmomwm profile image81
    workingmomwmposted 12 years ago

Here's my attempt at this week's topic: http://hubpages.com/hub/3FreeWaystoEnte … Summertime

Hard to write about things that haven't been covered before! These are all things that my little girl loves doing, thank goodness! ;-)

Good job. smile

2. prairieprincess profile image91

That was an enjoyable read!

3. prairieprincess profile image91

That was an enjoyable read!

7. Mrs. Menagerie profile image89
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years ago

Two thumbs up on this one. smile

1. Mrs. Menagerie profile image89
        Mrs. Menagerieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Denise!

I'm with Denise on this one.  Summer camping is the best!

8. cardelean profile image87
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

Since I've alread written several hubs on what to do with kids this summer, here's another angle.  What you can do with kids on those RAINY summer days.

http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Best-Rainy-D … for-Summer

Way COOL, Cara.  Nicely done. smile

1. cardelean profile image87
        cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks!

Oooooh!! Indoor play places FTW!!! Great Hub!

9. Chuck profile image82
    Chuckposted 12 years ago

Since my children are grown with the youngest 21 years old, I decided to write on how I helped my three sons to apply for volunteer day camp positions the year before they were old enough to get a paying job.  This both kept them occupied for the summer and prepared them for a paying job the next summer.  Here is a link:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Work-as-a-Volunteer

Great hub. Just finished reading it. smile

Volunteering is such an important activity- and that's a great Hub!  What an excellent suggestion that benefits not only kids, but the world at large to boot.

10. Denise Handlon profile image84
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Here's my topic for this week:  Summer Fairs

http://hubpages.com/hub/Its-A-Summer-Fa … s-the-Star

This is so much fun.  Another great Hub!

11. Stephanie Henkel profile image92
    Stephanie Henkelposted 12 years ago

Making a collage is a way for kids of all ages to express their creativity. There is room for so much flexibility when creating a collage that it's a great project for mixed age groups.

My hub is:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-a-CollageS … f-All-Ages

Yay! I've always loved making collages.  I'm so glad you wrote that Hub!

12. Simone Smith profile image88
    Simone Smithposted 12 years ago

Hey everyone! The new Weekly Topic Inspiration theme is up- we're doing grilling tips this time!

Here's the new thread: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/77510

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)