Emails of hubbers new hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (41 posts)
  1. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 12 years ago

For the last two days I have not received any emails from hubpages with new hubs by hubbers that I follow.  Is this happening to anyone else?  If so why?  I've noticed a big decline in views the last couple of days and my new hubs have virtually no views.  I'm wondering if this is why.

1. Earth Angel profile image59
      Earth Angelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Blessings Cardelean for bringing this up! Me, too! Third day without receiving my normal batch of HubPage's new Hubs by my favorite Hubbers! (I love to read/comment first thing in the morning with a good cup of chai java!) This must be a glitch! It's Monday and I am sure the HubPages Team is on it! Blessings, Earth Angel!

2. Earth Angel profile image59

Hello again Cardelean! I just posted both our concerns on the Forum for Reporting Problems! Thanks again for letting many of us know we weren't the only ones! I'm sure the HubPages Team will correct the problem! It's GREAT to see how many of us love this feature! Blessings always, Earth Angel!

2. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Yes, I will agree. I haven't received mine for the last two days either. I figured I would wait long enough for someone else to post a thread about it, before saying anything. lol

cardeleanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad I could help out!  lol

3. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 12 years ago

Is no one else experiencing this?  I am having the same problem.  I keep checking my profile and all is well, at least I think so!

4. Cardisa profile image87
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

I posted a thread yesterday about it.

1. Aficionada profile image79
      Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Exactly!!  And I referenced your thread in the thread I opened.  I also have not received an e-mail about Hubs today.  And my views are waaaaayyyyyy down today, as you have mentioned about yours. Yesterday was pretty good for me.  Today is absolutely miserable so far.

ezhang did comment in the other thread, so he knows about this.  I'll link to this one there too, just to give one extra nudge to make sure it stays in their awareness.  smile

5. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 12 years ago

I haven’t received an email notification of new hubs by people that I follow for two days either.

6. cardelean profile image86

I'm glad it's not just me.  Sorry Cardisa, I missed your thread.

7. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

I hear that Google is being investigated for possibly - not sure how to explain this, 'rigging' seems to strong of a word -- manipulating ? - page rankings and views. Wonder how this will affect Hub Pages.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not surprised at all, I really don't trust the big bad G.

No problem Cardelean, we are here to help each other. I get the new hubs in my feed, but you have to look carefully lest you miss them.

My page views are suffering too and so are the scores (yeh yeh yeh, I know the scores are not that important, i can't help loving my scores being up there)

I know, I get the new hub feeds too but if I'm not on HP that day or for a long period of time then yes, it is very easy to miss them.

8. DIYweddingplanner profile image76
    DIYweddingplannerposted 12 years ago

I hope they get it fixed soon...I would hate for you to miss out on all of my wonderful writing, Cara! smile smile

I would hate that too Patti!!!  smile

9. RealHousewife profile image69
    RealHousewifeposted 12 years ago

I have had this problem.  I changed my email settings to receive the newly written hubs as soon as they are published.  This has helped, I think.

I will check my email settings but I doubt that this has anything to do with that.  I have like clockwork always received the emails first thing every morning.

10. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

I get notice of newly published hubs on my home page under the -Rss Feed I believe it is called, days before it reaches my email.  This is also true of new comments to hubs I am following.  I always check the feed for new information rather than rely on email.

That would be fine if everyone knew to do that.  And what about people who are not very active on HP but still follow you?  They would not know that you have written anything new.

11. wheelinallover profile image75
    wheelinalloverposted 12 years ago

My email box has been being blown up with hub pages emails for the past two days. I have been popping in and out all day.
    I have no idea what my settings are but do like to pop into the email account and have lots of hub page emails at all times of the day and night. My reason for being in now is to check on a hub I received an email about.

My guess is you should check your settings again if you are not receiving them. If that doesn't work you will have to wait until the powers that be can fix it.

My problem is not that I'm not receiving emails from HP.  I get emails (like the one about this post) all day long.  My problem is that for some reason we are no longer receiving the daily email from HP that lists the new hubs that are published by hubbers that we follow.  I know that I am not receiving them and there are many other hubbers that are not either.  None of my setttings have changed.

12. kashmir56 profile image76
    kashmir56posted 12 years ago

I haven’t received an email notification of new hubs by people that I follow for two days either

13. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

Nothing's changed for me as far as getting e-mail notices. Only severe decline in views.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! Nothing has changed. I am on the third day of not receiving the email of hubbers who produced hubs. sad

14. Just Ask Susan profile image89
    Just Ask Susanposted 12 years ago

Third day for me as well sad

15. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Three days here too..........

16. cardelean profile image86

Ditto!  So the question is, is this a deliberate, permanent change or is this one of those "glitches"?

17. kashmir56 profile image76

I haven’t received an email notification of new hubs by people that I follow for four days now .

18. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Attention Staff

It has been 4 days now, without receiving email with regards to hubber's list of hubs published.

I have not changed my settings. This is an on-going problem that needs to be addressed.

19. kashmir56 profile image76

I have sent the Hubpage team a email about this problem,
    and if you want you can to, here is the address:   team@hubpages.com

1. Movie Master profile image61
      Movie Masterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Today is the 4th day for me.

20. ezhang profile image81
    ezhangposted 12 years ago

The issue has been noted, and we're in the process of investigating the problem. It should be fixed in the next few days, so hang tight smile

Thanks ezhang! We knew you were on it! Blessings! Earth Angel!

2. Earth Angel profile image59

Thank you ezhang and all the brilliant HubPages team for fixing the glitch so quickly! MUCH appreciated by all us faithfuls! Blessings, Earth Angel!

1. SunSeven profile image62
        SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am happy for you Earth Angel. At last, someone who could really help you with this has responded. Well, I guess its about time. Better late than never?

Warm Regards

21. cardelean profile image86

THANK YOU!!! smile

See Cardelean, you are just the BEST for alerting everyone! And because of you, a fix was started all the sooner! All will be well! That's what community is all about! Blessings to you always, Earth Angel!

Well I don't know if I can take that credit, I just asked the question.  You are the one that actually posted it in the right spot to get it some attention from HP, so thank you to you.  smile  Teamwork I guess!  smile

22. kashmir56 profile image76

Thanks for fixing it so fast !!!

23. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 12 years ago

Thank you Thank you Thank you as Gomer would say 

I thought it was just me  Ha Who knew? Oh yeah you did  lol

Thanks for getting it fixed so fast It's a beautiful day in the HP neighborhood.

24. ezhang profile image81
    ezhangposted 12 years ago

Thanks to everyone for your patience and positive attitude while we work out the bugs in our system. We greatly appreciate it smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)