What time is it there??

Jump to Last Post 1-48 of 48 discussions (58 posts)
  1. cloudy_cool profile image71
    cloudy_coolposted 12 years ago

another game just for fun...

posters have to punch in the 'current' time first

then tell us any one thing about their city/location in one sentence...
    ...historic event
    ...geographic info
    ...landmarks
    ...generic
    ...what's on the cinema
    ...traffic update
    ...weather
    ...latest news
    ...real estate prices
    ...fruits/veggies of the season
    ...life in that city in general
    ...or just about anything that comes in your mind

I'll start...

9:34AM
    Its a clear sky today in London and hope to step out with the kids for some fresh air!

2. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 12 years ago

12.31 in Hertfordshire and it is just beginning to cloud over. Our 'heat wave' will have lasted about 36 hours LOL!

3. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 12 years ago

It is 12.37 in Ireland...... the weather is wonderful, and a great day is unfolding.

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Just about 9:00 a.m.  It's a sunny, beautiful, Summer morning; and it's expected to be in the 80's (but not humid) later in the day.  My town is a matter of a bunch of neighborhoods with one, main, road that has retail and professional businesses (and churches); and another fairly main road at the edge of town, where offices and a few restaurants are).  I haven't been out to the main road yet, but I can tell you that at this time of morning there are cars going down the road regularly, but not very close together at all.  At ten there'll be more.  At 11 things will start to get busy.  It won't be until around 12:30 to 1:00 that afternoon traffic will get high, and remain that way (or worse) until after 6:00 p.m. By 8 the traffic will be thinner way out.  By 9 cars will be fairly rare.  By 10, any car will pretty much have the road to itself (except for another car that has the road "to itself" and is coming in the other direction).  As far as any stop-and-go traffic goes, that only happens at busy times and at any shopping areas; or else when the school buses roll on the main road. 

It's all so "exciting" where I live.  roll

cloudy_coolposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Gosh! You sound like a traffic cop! smile
      I wont wonder if you'd want a break to a quieter place!

5. earner profile image84
    earnerposted 12 years ago

14:15 - Cornwall seaside and there's been thunder and a sea mist hanging over the town all day.

6. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

6:15 am...lake, ocean and mountain..i don't know what's on the cinema - it's too far away...traffic? - well, the deer are taking over...news? the does are protecting their fawns - so watch out! and the big peacock has hurt his leg - i think he'll be okay...weather? overcast..real estate - 500K and up for a nice place...lots and lots of berries...life in the village is quaint - people are friendly...tree huggers lost the fight - but they are not done....

4:40PM and already dreaming of a really pleasant and quiet place...you made such a beautiful picture here and so appealing too! smile

7. cloudy_cool profile image71

4:39PM and just back home from the terrible heat outside. Feel like taking a nap but more keen on going window shopping...but maybe I'll go tomorrow to see the food festival....yummmmm!! smile

8. Danette Watt profile image83
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

1208 (12:08 p.m.) Mon 27 June. I live in the midwest and we've been having a LOT of rain lately. Rivers are above flood stage. It's been cool enough to have the air conditioning off the past few days (Love it!) but hot and humid weather is predicted to roll back in later this week. sad

9. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

10:13 am--  I live in the woods, not a town, and saw my first two newborn fawns of the season today. So tiny, their ears barely touch mama doe's belly when they stand under her.

10. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

It's 2:25pm in this beautiful Canadian city.  It's a gorgeous sunny summer day.  Flowers are in bloom everywhere I go.  I walk around my neighbourhood everyday and this morning I passed by some beautiful yellow roses.  I love flowers.. flowers make me happy.  Yellow roses are my favourite.. they make me smile.

11. My Stories profile image60
    My Storiesposted 12 years ago

Its 11:27pm and its 77 degrees with clear skies.  Its nice and quiet. Great time to see a falling star.

12. susanbaby profile image39
    susanbabyposted 12 years ago

16.24Om in China

13. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

It's 11.30am here and a stifling 40 + degrees C outside. The whole country is on yellow alert for a heatwave.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

oh, that is difficult Izzy. Get some cold inside the house with AC.

it is 6 am here, Good day to all..

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AC is expensive, but you know when you aren't sitting in an AC room, there is no danger of walking outside into a furnace. I've stepped out of an AC motor into the fires of Hell. I've stepped off a plane into a hot exhaust fume.
        Without AC it is just hot, hot, hot, and every slight breeze from every open window or door is a delight.

That said, I still love spending hours in our local air conned supermarket, even though they actively discourage the likes of me bringing in a deck-chair and laptop!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
          Rochelle Frankposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you could use a camp stool and a tablet-- tell hem you are making your grocery list.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol yes and it wont be done ,until the sun goes down lol

14. Danette Watt profile image83

It's 0832 here in the midwest of the US. My cat is sleeping on the desk next to me. The windows are open (we've had several cool days) and I can hear several men putting a new roof on a neighbor's house.

15. cloudy_cool profile image71

1:20AM here in London and had a buzy day as usual...the sky was cloudy whole day and so it was dark and sleepy...I love sunshine, and London weather changes so rapidly!! Its so predictably unpredictable as they say LOL!!

Now 1:22AM and just finished the last bit of housework before I start again in the morning smile)
    No sleep in the eyes...fand just hoping for a sunny Wednesday!

16. Beth100 profile image68
    Beth100posted 12 years ago

late?  must be past dinner time....I'm hungry.... so it must be around 9ish at night lol

17. Denise Handlon profile image85
    Denise Handlonposted 12 years ago

Almost midnight on July 2nd.  NC, USA

18. Danette Watt profile image83

11:35 p.m. Central Time, July 2

19. Beth100 profile image68

0900h 3 07 2011

20. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

2.24 pm in Birmingham, England.   I am cooking the Sunday roast of chicken, roast potatoes, carrots, peas, stuffing and gravy.  I like Sunday dinner better than any other.  After dinner, I shall be going for a walk around the lakes and will take some bread to feed the ducks and geese.

21. cloudy_cool profile image71

5:55pm in London UK, and wold you believe, its taken me a whole day to cook up a Sunday feast...and still winding up the mess from the kitchen floor!! Aaarghhh...when do women get their break??

Now 5:57pm and and I'm wondering if I should step outside for some fresh air, (lovely pleasant weather) or just take a 30min nap as so so so tired...sad Anyone for company?

22. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

1:15pm here in Youngstown Ohio.

Until 2007 ,it was hailed murder capital of the world.

23. Danette Watt profile image83

12:37 here in IL (right behind you Eaglekiwi).

Hey Danette waves to ya

Happy 4th Of July Illinois smile

24. Danette Watt profile image83

11:03 Sun, just 57 minutes to go before the 4th. Hope everyone who celebrates our Independence Day has a safe and fun holiday.

Eaglekiwi, glad to hear Youngstown got rid of that title.

25. Denise Handlon profile image85

Happy 4th of July to everyone here in the U.S.  It's 11:07 a.m. EST

26. Danette Watt profile image83

10:52 CST Monday, July 4th - drizzling today

3:20pm Youngstown..Sunny and humid  tongue Monday

27. Beth100 profile image68

bed time  -.-   zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                      zzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

28. profile image53
    ..happy..posted 12 years ago

11:03am Philippines... great weather...

29. Danette Watt profile image83

About opposite of you ..happy.. -- 10:28 pm Illinois USA.

30. cloudy_cool profile image71

7:20PM in London, UK and a lovely weather today as compared to a warm yesterday. Kids didn't take a nap this afternoon so I am guessing they'll sleep early tonight! Good for me-and-hubby time if that works out!

31. Danette Watt profile image83

Good luck to you on alone time wink

1:57pm here in IL, time for me to get back to work!

32. Extinct Soul profile image61
    Extinct Soulposted 12 years ago

2:54 PM in the boring afternoon. Surrounded by papers and paper cuts at the 8th floor. Waiting for a little shake, maybe an intesity 5 will do lol nah just kidding! Hot outside but cold here..geez..

33. Danette Watt profile image83

5:43 am.m. Wed morning and I'm heading off to my exercise class!

34. BDhire profile image60
    BDhireposted 12 years ago

5.10 PM Wed evening

35. Denise Handlon profile image85

1:48 pm

36. Danette Watt profile image83

1:06 p.m. CST Wed

37. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 12 years ago

3:20 cst

38. Danette Watt profile image83

6:37 p.m. time to get my butt out the door to a meeting

39. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 12 years ago

almost 8:00pm EST in the USA

40. profile image0

01:44 am, and I am still awake.

41. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...6pm and time for some really, really, really, good noodles

1. Denise Handlon profile image85
      Denise Handlonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

42. Denise Handlon profile image85

It's 9:38 pm EST.  Heading to bed early tonight

43. Danette Watt profile image83

10 a.m. CST Wed. A wonderful break in the heat wave, just saw a cardinal sitting in the tree outside my window and getting ready to get busy.

44. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 12 years ago

07:48am cst  76 degrees 95% humidity ugh!

45. Danette Watt profile image83

It's 10:08 pm CST, hot and humid out and the news is on

46. cloudy_cool profile image71

7:47PM in London riots still going on and on and on!
    Feeling of sadness and insecurity as I watch the news sad

47. profile image0

7.48pm in Birmingham, riots still going on.

sad

48. Danette Watt profile image83

It's 2:31 p.m. Tues, hot but not horribly so like it was during the heat wave. Actually going to be just 81 Wed.

Sorry to hear about all the riots over in London and surrounding areas.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)