Is Revelation Coming?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (112 posts)
  1. Michele Travis profile image66
    Michele Travisposted 12 years ago

Is the goverment getting more control?  Floods, famine, earthquakes. Now they always know where you are because soon they are going to put a chip in your cell phone. You can buy things with it. This was on CBS.  You can also google it.

What else is going on?

1. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Just my opinion ..  But I truly believe that those things described in the book of Revelation have been unfolding continusosly from the beginning.

John was told to write those things of which he HAS seen,  IS seeing and of things not yet seen.

Whether we are talking about what we read in history books, romance novels, or describing how a football game went, ... understanding the correct time frame of events is most crutial.

Even more so when discussing prophesy of scripture.
      But ...  In todays religion ????  This doesn't seem to be of importance.

Gotta go lay down a while...   later.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59
        Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Jerami.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

So, are you saying Verizon is the anti Christ? The beast? I’m not quite following you.  What does a proposed chip in your cell phone have to do with the title to this thread?

3. Jonathan Janco profile image60
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

I think this is what Michele is referring to:

Revelation 13
    [15] And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    [16] And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    [17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    [18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For a while, the bar code was a popular target for the number of the beast. Now with all the new technology and the experiments by our lovely National Security Agency as well as private businesses who have dabbled in this sort of thing, the phone chip is becoming a major target of Apocolypticists. Personally, I dont think any gov no matter how strongarmed would ever have the guts to make us do it, so they do it with some sort of consumer appeal and alot of people will eat that right up.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know. I was just being silly. In response to what appears to be a silly question.

Two thousand years. You'd think someone might have figured by now that the book might not mean what they think it means. How many times are we going to have to hear the same questions?

2. Michele Travis profile image66
      Michele Travisposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What about the RFID Chip?  It is now being put into people.  To identify them.  For medical problems.  So people can go to night clubs without purses ( they can pay to get in and then they can dance and the purse will not get stolen)

1. thebrucebeat profile image59
        thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus told us that noone knows the time of the end except the Father, but people have been convinced that it was imminent since the time of Christ himself.  There has always been ample evidence that the end times were upon us, which leads one to wonder if we can expect them at all.
        Why do you think now is any different than it has ever been? The evil nature of man has always been on display, and always will be.
        Google "Revelation as Apocalyptic Literature" and see what you learn.  The currently popular interpretation of Revelation was an invention of John Nelson Darby in the nineteenth century.  Before that, apocalyptic literature was well understood.  The current interpretation is as much an American invention as Mormonism.

What you have writen is true .   We do not know when it will come.  Jesus has told us that.  But in ST. Matthew Chapter 24 Verse 44  it says " Therefore be ye also ready:  for in such an hour as ye think not , the Son of man cometh.  Newer bibles say the same thing but in different phrases. like " Therefore be on alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming"  Both of these verses are the same one.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've often heard arguments in the justification of Genesis of which the proponent argues that one day of creation time could have been millions/billions of years.

Maybe the same thing can be said about Revelations. Scientists says the sun's fusion process can't sustain itself and it will grow into a red giant enveloping the earth rendering it a cinder.

That will be billions of years from now, and maybe that's what Revelations is all about.

So, why worry about it?

Because of problems like war, famine, pestilence, death,  Only if you believe the bible and that things like this are going to happen to us soon,  We should be on alert.  Yes they are happening, and have been happening for a long time.  But now, it is easier for the government to control more people.  They have the technology.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58
                MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Michele,

I don't think God would want you to live in constant fear and I'm worried about some statements that you are making.  If you start believing that the government is trying to microchip everyone to control them hon, then the world becomes a very scary place.  Do you have someone you talk to about this kind of stuff?  I mean besides a message board?

Being on alert and living in fear are not the same things.  It is sort of like locking your door at night, instead of keeping it wide open.

*nods* Okay, I'll accept that.  Just don't get so alert that you start jumping at shadows.  That's no way to live.

2. profile image0
                Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree.
                And there are also those who try to control people by telling them what they should be discussing and where to discuss it!  Like being told they're "worried about" some of the statements you're making. 
                Ignore those who're trying to take away your freedom of speech!
                Not only does your hub rock,  but your belief in the Bible rocks!  Keep up the good work and the Faith.   I'm pleased to become your first follower here on Hubpages.   And I've learned things I didn't know about epilepsy.  I've seen some of the devastating effects of the disease in people's lives;  but I didn't even know there's possible surgery for it!   I'm glad yours was successful!  smile

You know Brenda, everyone that shows concern for another human being is not necessarily pushing an agenda.

But the idea that that was what I was doing is more a reflection on your personality than mine.  After all, to accuse someone of doing something it has to enter the accusers mind as a possibility first.  So what does that say about you?

1. profile image0

You know, Melissa, I'm not interested in what you think anything or anyone says of me.  Your words are your accuser.  Now it would be nice if you'd stop trying to distract and detract from a compliment to a newbie hubber.  Everything isn't about you nor me.

3. Woman Of Courage profile image59

Hi Michele, I'm happy you started a well meaningful thread. I'm in full agreement. The bible does not lie, and the prophecies have been gradually coming to pass. God bless you! smile

1. profile image0

I Amen and I second that.  smile

Thank both of you.  I do need to learn more.  That is why I started it. I knew people who knew more then I did would be able to post information here that would help me learn what God wants me to know.  I know a bit,  but there is so much more to learn.   Thank you for helping me.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image59

You are very welcome Michele. We are all still learning. No need for us to fear the bible prophecies unfolding right before our eyes. We just all need to be alert to what's happening around us.

4. A Troubled Man profile image58

Yes, those things have been happening a long time.

Government conspiracy theories don't help your argument at all, they just show paranoia.

Please forgive me for offending you.  That is not what I meant to do.

You didn't offend me at all.

2. Jerami profile image59
                    Jeramiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks or your post.

Time lines and time rames are o great importance when attempting to understand  ANY THING.

Prophesy which were given 2500 years ago ,,,  It would seen ;  have no validity in todays religions establishments.

Why is that ?   AND how can that BE? 

Nothing which was prophesied has come to pass????
                      Everything is going to happen all within a 3 1/2 year period ????

I don't understand!

2. thebrucebeat profile image59
            thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is simply an admonition to live your life "as if" the end was near.  I have no problem with that.

The ridiculousness comes when people think they have the goods and know that now is so evil it is obvious that the end is near.

I find these people silly.

Sorry,  not trying to be silly.   But there is some truth to that.  There has always been evil in the world.  It is just easier to send it from place to place now.  Like planes with bombs, and viruse we can't control.  They are getting worse because our antibiotics don't change as fast as the bacteria does.  Things like that.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 12 years ago

Anyone who doubts my "Each Christian gets from the bible what they are searching for" argument needs look no further.

Its not the book, it's the reader.

1. profile image0

Well, I wouldn't cut it off at Christians. It's a cool book. It has that effect on anyone that reads it. Haven't you heard the psychotic argument? Where that interpretation comes from is a mystery.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I thought you guys would have read the bible and be familiar with it's psychotic ramblings, but then I also assumed people could recognise what psychosis is and the meaning of the word psychotic.

My bad.

1. profile image0

Actually Ernest, I can see a lot. The book is no more psychotic than you, or I. I don't feel the need to hate a book.

Out of curiosity. You said you used to be Christian. Might I ask what sect?

Christian sect. Born again.
            Or did you want to know which sub-set? That would just get me giggling about baptist jokes. lol

Tell me what authorising mass murder, demanding obedience under threat of death, justifying torture and murder, wiping out whole nations on a whim sound for starters. No red flags?
            Have you ever read it would be my next question.

1. profile image0

I have read it. I've also read history books. Bloody species. Man.

It's the hate of god that gets my attention in the bible.

A psychotic god? A god with a human mental condition which is the worst we know of?
                That makes sense to you?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image60
                  Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, earnest, I've mentioned this before  but I think it makes some sense if you abandon the theory that its a 'god'. Maybe just a nonhuman creature they thought was god. And that creature was a total control freak.
                  Maybe Yahweh was an Ayeleid

1. profile image0

Or, the more likely scenario, a bunch of guys that wanted the guys across the desert to think their god was bigger and badder than the one the other guys were praying to.

2. profile image0

If you believe in God, and you follow the Mosaic laws? Sure. You'd scare the beejeebies out of me. I think most Christians probably view themselves as gentiles. The God of the Old testament was the God of the Israelites. It's  the history of another people. The only God they know is the God of the New Testament. They were accepted through Love, so that's what they get out of it. That was my take on it.

Just because I don't buy into things, I don't have anything against it. Unless the religious use it to pass judgment. Then I do.

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished.  Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”  (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

It seems clear that the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself.

None other then Jesus said so.

Emile R.  You do have a good point.  I have seen some Christians who do pass judgement on others.  Nobody has that right.  That is not what God told them to do.  It is quite the opposite of what they are supposed to do.  so, what you have said about passing judgement is a very good point.

5. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Yes, Emile, I have definitely heard the psychotic argument. How they come to arrive at their theory that their own interpretation is gospel truth (pun intended) is beyond me. I only have one hub that deals with any sort of religious concept, and I was told by more than one person that the Bible passages noted in the hub were 'off' or 'incorrect'. Thus, forcing me to conclude that the commentator's interpretation was perceived by himself as being the only way to interpret it. Kind of takes the 'interpretaion' part of it right out of the equation, doesnt it? In fact, come to think of it, the Bible passages and the interpretations of them that were noted were from a website that I linked to the hub. they werent even my own interpretations. they were from a website that claimed through their interpretations of scripture that we are about to be reconquered by the alien race that originally created humanity in their image. I was merely trying to point out the many, many, many different ways that people interpret scripture. But of course I couldnt even do that without some psychotic (or two or three) completely foaming at the mouth over it.

1. profile image0

People do get exceptionally emotional over it. Which I think is odd. I would think the whole point of reading any text with a spiritual message would be to see what you got out of it, personally.

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
        Barbara Kayposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've noticed atheist can get really excited over Christian comments too. God is just an emotional issue I guess, even if you don't believe in Him.

I agree with you Emile, that reading anything with a spiritual message would be to see what you personally got out of it.

Spiritual?

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.  (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Is this spiritual?
          Death for adultery would wipe out most of the religiously inept! lol

1. Paul Wingert profile image61
            Paul Wingertposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's why I practice safe sex - Be sure there's a clear path to the back door in case the husband comes home early!

lol I never thought of safe sex that way, an interesting thought process. smile

I hear a lot of women complain about how unfaithful men are, I always wondered who they were being unfaithful with.

Apparently there must be just this one woman that all these men are unfaithful with. Amuses the hell outta me! lol

2. DoubleScorpion profile image79
            DoubleScorpionposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Death for adultery would wipe out about 95% of the adult population...LOL...

Geez! and I was trying to understate it a bit. Only 95% eh? lol

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the +/- 5%. Oops.

That's OK it can be difficult to get perfect stats when using doctrine. smile

1. DoubleScorpion profile image79

Ain't that the truth! The input data keeps being changed in an attempt to get favorable numbers. big_smile

6. Jonathan Janco profile image60

Or maybe just made up as a control tactic. Either way, I dont think an allknowing creator of everything would be a Jealous God as they say in Exodus. And speaking of the desert, perhaps the heat and lack of water are the reason Mosaic law expends so much of its energy on the gazillion different ways you SHOULD NOT slaughter livestock and then taking their sweet old time to say 'oh and dont marry your siblings or offspring, either.'

7. jacharless profile image75
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Those claims are bogus.
    John's Revealing expressly points out the who, what, why:

Note he mentions the "image" of the beast 3 times. The image or idea, concept, thought of is what is being brought to life and cause for worship demand, to the point where this image would speak -or ruach (manifest itself).

I find it interesting its says: free AND bound; rich AND poor. This means every single individual who has lived after the resurrection.
    The right hand and forehead are symbolic of righteous action and
    righteous thought. Remember the law was bound to the forehead AND the Tefillin wrapped around the right hand & arm. ["Bind them as a sign on your right hand and let them serve as a frontlet between your eyes [forehead]."]
    John is talking about remembering Rule #1 versus human rule #1, the law of themselves, yet again.

Man is the beast AND the image of that beast, not a creature called the Devil or Satan or Lucifer, unless of course all are small letter d s l, then you are talking about the adversary of the human being --themselves.

Ever hear the saying, "The only person standing in your way is you?" That sums up everything -the entire law, prophets, salvation, resurrection, pauline fixation, renewal of the mind, etc etc etc. Man is standing in his own way, worshipping none other than his own image and not the image he was created to be.

Revelation, as a letter, was fulfilled at the Resurrection. Again, to note chapter.verse:

rev 20.5-6
    Back to back, the verses are explicit: this is the FIRST Resurrection. The 2nd death has no power.

-why would the second death have no power? Because the first death is the body, the second death is the spirit. These first fruits would not face the second death.
    Note also, this event is AFTER Death & Hell are destroyed and immediately BEFORE the reopening of the Kingdom of Heaven, once again.

"All thing made new" ring any bells?
    Guess who else said that? Bueller, anyone... anyone...

smile

Rejoice and live -and never taste death or worship your fears, thoughts or those of man and die in body -and possibly in spirit also **.
    That's what John pretty much summed up.

James.

** you will also note, death of spirit is controlled by the individual also. Yes, I am aware many texts say Creator is able or can destroy both body & spirit -but it never says He actually does...
    Think about it.

8. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

Is Revelation Coming? People have always said this generation by generation. However...One Truth is undeniable compared to those previous generations: We are much further down the road to "Revelation" happening then they were!

9. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Most prophesy mentioned in the book of revelation come with a time line for which the prophesy is to come, and or a timeframe in which it is to last.
      Rev. 6:1 thru 8 (four horsemen) were sent down upon the earth having no time fame in which they were to finish their mission.
      They have never stopped roaming the earth.
      Chapter 5 gives us a hint as to when these horsemen were sent down unto the earth.
       Who is worthy to open the book?
       No one in heaven, on or under the earth is found that is worthy to open the book!   John is greatly disappointed!
    And John wept. John was expecting his Lord and savior to be there in heaven, BUT ?  Momentarily the Lamb of God arrives.
      Where was he just moments before?  Not in heaven or on the earth. He had to have been halfway in between (in transit)

As soon as Jesus gets there, all bloody and looking like a sacrificial Lamb, he immediately takes the book and begins opening the seals.

This tells me that John is saying that these seal judgments came upon the earth about the same time as Jesus was crucified
    (around 30AD) and have been roaming the earth ever sense.
       The seal judgments were inflicted upon that Hebrew Nation which had rejected Jesus. 

Before that Hebrew Nation was scattered to the four winds (approx 138 AD), the 70 weeks as described in Daniel for them to quit sinning and anoint the Most Holy had surly come to pass or God would not have caused that Hebrew Nation to cease to exist.   
      THEN  a period of time passes once more before the trumpet judgments begin to blow.
      These were inflicted upon the Roman Empire. 
      With the seventh trumpet having not yet been sounded.

And concerning the vial judgments, (C 16)   The first angel poured out his vial and there fell a noisome and grievous sore  upon the men who worshiped the beast.

Can anyone think of a more grievous sore than that of the black death (Bubonic plague) which killed 1/2 to 2/3 of the population in Europe ? 

In my opinion, ALL of the prophesy written in the book of Rev.; except for the seventh trumpet and seventh vial has been fulfilled.

When we consider this concept to be a viable option  …….
    All of prophesy begins to fall into line, and "THE Mystery" of prophesy begins to fade.

At least;  this is the way my pitiful little brain sees it.

Yes,  mine also.

10. profile image50
    justcuriouserposted 12 years ago

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/201 … ladam.html

Even evangelicals are starting to crack regarding the myth basis of the Bible versus the literalist interpretation.

That is interesting.  There are other things I find interesting if you look at the earth from a scientific view.  There have been some major global changes which kill off all life, or almost all life on earth.  About 500 million years ago, an asteriod hit the earth and killed off about 95% ( I think) of all life.  But then scientists find a large number of fossils that just sort of spring up.  How can that happen?  How can such a large number of animals just come to life?  This is no myth, this is science.  I believe it is proof God exists.

The fact that you have not taken the time to understand how that happens and have instead embraced God as your sole answer only shows that is what you wish to remain ignorant about and what you wish to believe.

It has nothing to do with proof of anything.

Then can you tell me how it happend?

If I were to spend hours/days writing explanations for you, yes. But, there are many, many sources available for you that would answer your questions.

If you actually take the time to seek those answers rather than just turn to the Bible, you would begin to understand there is no proof of any god.

You might not like that, either. So, be prepared.

Either way, nobody can ( or should) force anyone to believe or not believe.  I hope you have a good day.

Who said anything about forcing beliefs? You are asking questions, don't you want answers? If the answers make you think and those thoughts are in contradiction with your Bible, who is going to force you to change your beliefs other than yourself? No one. Just you.

So, be prepared.

1. manlypoetryman profile image80
                  manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ok...I can't resist...and have to interject: " be prepared for what?" You made at least 2 refernces to be prepared...seems interesting for you to say that based on what would appear to be that you refute the Bible...which would then mean that would be "Revelations"...as well.

So that being the case...I'm dying to find out what your definition of being "prepared" for what...is!?

Be prepared to think. smile

2. profile image50
                    justcuriouserposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think you mean "Revelation".

Troubled man,  yes I am asking questions,  and yes I do want answers.  But you said         

."If I were to spend hours/days writing explanations for you, yes. But, there are many, many sources available for you that would answer your questions."

"If you actually take the time to seek those answers rather than just turn to the Bible, you would begin to understand there is no proof of any god."

So,  I thought you did not want to answer my questions.  I was trying to be polite and not bother you.

Your questions would require a huge amount of explanation. There are many sources for you to get started if you wish to get them answered. No one could possibly answer them here without spending many hours posting them.

You are not bothering me at all.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)