I'm seeing red...

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

Right now i'm hyperventilating over all the red arrows on my account...
    I hope this sin't some type of glitch..
    tongue:

1. Lisa HW profile image61
      Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe breathe into a brown paper bag for now until everyone gets some sense of whether this a temporary glitch or something.   smile  It is kind of fun, though, to hope it isn't.   smile

2. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me, too!!

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yep - red arrows everywhere.  Over 1/3 of my hubs have red on them, and many are double ones.

Of course, I'll probably wake up soon and find it is an ocean of blue instead. sad

(Good to see you've got it, too, Habee.)

1. David 470 profile image80
          David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

LMAO!!! smile "I'll probably wake up soon and find it is an ocean of blue instead."]

I was also hyperventiliating this morning when I saw the red arrows, I still feel like its not real. Maybe I am actually dreaming? Or maybe this is glitch -- I hope not.

2. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

It is nice to see red, even a few double arrows. Even one of my Christmas hubs has stirred into action. I also checked analytics to see if it was a glitch.. it doesn't appear to be with views.

I hate to be a big downer on this particular thread (and don't protect I'm not carefully guarding myself against being more optimistic than should realistically be called for), but, to me, there's something "off" about what looks like a fairly consistent, hour-by-hour, increase (even if with some minor variation in degree of increase).  Maybe I haven't been watching consistently enough; but - I mean - did the whole world suddenly get new computers and start searching since last night (or yesterday)?

I only have 2 blue arrows on the whole 300-plus Hubs.  I'd think there ought to be more than that if things were just going along without glitch, system tweaking, testings, data-gathering, etc.     I do have lots of Hub with no arrows at all, so at least there's not some blanket-glitch that added traffic to everything; but I still think there's something "off" about the whole thing (at least right now).  hmm

(This whole post-Panda thing has been kind like watching the stock market, hasn't it...   hmm )

Note:  Follow-up to above comments:  I had tons of double reds last night.  Now all but one case of the double reds have disappeared.  I'm waiting for a lot of the reds to start being replaced by blues - and that "ain't" going to be pretty.   smile

1. andyoz profile image85
        andyozposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ah come on Lisa, smile and enjoy the ride.  My traffic is also up over 100%.  Red arrows all over the show and only one blue to report.  My adsense earning are also way up and Analtics is also saying I have a massive increase in traffic.  If it all goes back to where it was a few days back, at least we have had a few days of increased earnings!  Horay.

andyoz, I'm enjoying my great Ad Sense day (and it's only 6:40 p.m.), and I like the red arrows that are there for now.  That's all I can allow myself to do right now.  At some point, and best case, the red arrows will stop appearing (there's only so many Internet users in the world to keep looking for stuff to read).  There big question is:  When the increase for each Hub levels off, how many blue arrows are there going to be before x number of Hubs have no place else to go but up?  There's some ceiling somewhere, and there's, of course, the floor.  Who knows however many Hubs (and 24-hour figures) are going to land?  (Probably somewhere in between I'd guess.)

(Besides, how much ugliness and hostility starts going on (if/when things get "calmer" than they have been since the increase started yesterday) in that 1700-plus-comment subdomain thread just may hinge on how many, or how few, people believe this rise is the end of the roller-coaster ride that has followed the whole Panda thing.)  I guess I'm trying to head off World War III from starting right here on HubPages.   smile

I ignore all that and keep my head down.  I agree that it can only peak so far then it will settle back down, but even if that is just 10% higher than it has been these past few months, I'd take that and smile.

For however long it lasts, it sure does beat seeing traffic drop.   smile  In spite of my gloomy-seeming attitude, I'm not only having fun with the increase (even if temporary), but also a little fun with the "drama" and challenge of such a sudden turn of events.  smile

One thing is for sure, it can't be a bad thing!  Let's just sit back and enjoy the ride.

3. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

oh, I know, who really knows what's going on. But for whatever reason, many are seeing increased traffic, much of which is coming from google.

I don't tend to get too excited, but I'm working towards a goal, so this increase certainly helps. smile

4. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Does the HubPages staff know what is going on?

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I feel sure they do.
      Maybe they need some time to look at it as well.
      I have a mass of double reds and a huge increase in views, even my CTR is up, but I will wait with interest to hear what the staff have to say.

I just check and confirmed higher earnings, however, my adsense account is doing rather poor. This is of course makes sense though because I use the HP ad program and it takes away from the adsense account.

I sort of wish that I could solely use the HP ad program because my eCPM is higher on it.

5. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

I was reluctant to look this morning..but I peeked at my activity and it's still up and a little higher than yesterday.My hubs never had the stellar views of some others here since I don't write on popular subjects but I'm happy with the increased activity.

6. Cardisa profile image86
    Cardisaposted 12 years ago

Some days it's like that and then a few days later, all blues. I really hate those arrows....they only make you go crazy either way!  tongue

7. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 12 years ago

I noticed yesterday that the reds were up and thought it was a glitch! but checking my google analytics it seems that google has opened the gates again! yeah! now my readings have tripled, and I am earning a little bit more! maybe google have softened a bit! thank goodness for that!

8. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Still expecting the positive. . .

9. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

It's definitely a good thing - it's nice to see traffic back where it belongs, and then some.

However, my HP ads aren't reflecting this increase in traffic. Earnings are up a little, but nothing to dance around nekked about.. If this is a constant thing then after I reach my next HP payout in a couple weeks I may be switching back to Adsense.  No clue why the earnings for HP aren't higher..

10. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

I'm just enjoying the ride.. it's wonderful!  I hope it lasts longer... please, please, please.  This happened a few months ago with bing.  I had 1600+ views on one hub, but it lasted only one day.  This glorious thing that is happening with the big G is going on a bit longer.  I'm lovin' it.

+1

11. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 12 years ago

I was invited to +1 a week or so ago. I just today read Marissa's thread about linking the profile, and am now going back to do some linking, but I did notice the last two days that my views are up by 50% - could +1 have done that even if I'm not properly linked? I wonder...

1. Nell Rose profile image90
      Nell Roseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi, sorry I don't understand what you mean by linking the profile? thanks!

1. profile image0
        Multimanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Nell I am with you on this I wold like to know about plus 1 and linking the profile.

12. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 12 years ago

That makes 3 of us.

13. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Marisa's thread on how to add the link:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/81552

If I managed, anyone can! smile

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WriteAngled smile

14. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

Since I'm not sure Marisa's thread says more than how to get the link on your HP profile (maybe it does)...

For anyone not familiar with the Google + profile...

The Google profile lets you establish authorship of your stuff by putting links to your own sites/profiles that has lots of writing and/or by putting links to individual pieces of writing.  That's half of the it, though, because it's a reciprocal-link thing; whereby you also link from your profiles, blogs, pages, and/or "about me's" back to your profile (with the links on it).

If you can do it (as with your own blogs) you link the overall blog (or profile page in other cases that allow you to do it with HTML code) with a little button (added with the use of a code) that will take people back to your Google profile.  So, you're essentially claiming authorship of all your own stuff through the use of the reciprocal links.

On HP, you can't include the Google button because we can't add that kind of HTML code on here; so Marisa's post (she's got a few of them) explains how to get your "rel" code (author/relationship) code on a link on your HubPages profile.

I've got the whole business on my Google profile; and every once in awhile Google finds something I missed (under my name or any of the names I gave them as "other versions of your name"), and asks if I want to include it on my link list.  You can choose to make your profile, link list and/or pretty much any parts of it private if you want - so only Google has the information.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)