Passing on a hub topic and content to another hubber to write

Jump to Last Post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)
  1. rembrandz profile image79
    rembrandzposted 12 years ago

Hi there

I had a very important topic which I have committed to someone I will write as hub to promote their endeavors. It would definitely bring me more traffic but I feel I can't write it because I will be a distraction from my focus-category here. Can I find some other hubber to take it on? And is this allowed by hubpages policies?

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Make up a new account for yourself, and post it there, so you won't dilute the topic on your main account.

If the topic is that important, why allow someone else to earn from it?

1. rembrandz profile image79
        rembrandzposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey thanks tonnes IzzyM What a brilliant suggestion. Can we do that? How can I integrate the same google account into the new hubpages account. I think hubpages does not allow 2 different account for a single email ... or does it not matter if my email address differs from the email address I have provided to adsense? And I could just place my Google ID under the affiliates for my new account?

1. Isabel Melville profile image82
          Isabel Melvilleposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Rembrantz, it's still me, IzzyM! I figured out with the rel=author thing Google knows who I am so no point hiding behind a pseudonym!!

I just made this profile up, you do need to give a different email to join, and then sign up all your current affiliate programs to the new account.
          I just did it and it was painless. Simply follow the instructions smile

Now to work and get myself out of sandbox with this new subdomain smile

1. wordscribe43 profile image91
            wordscribe43posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been pondering doing the same thing, Izzy.  I'm not giving up on wordscribe, but working on another subdomain could be an interesting experiment (if I play my cards right, anyway).  It could be an excellent platform upon which to test some of the ubiquitous theories about why some subdomains are crashing and others are rising.  I suppose there's nothing to lose, huh?  I actually have 2 other profiles here I may focus on.  They seem to be largely unaffected by the ups and downs. 

Good luck!!!

1. IzzyM profile image88

Thanks Wordscribe smile

I have considered doing the 100 hubs in 30 day challenge, because I know I can if I put my mind to it.

My mind, unfortunately, is not yet there. I work best when I see some instant results.

Not having a real job, I could easily write 3 quality hubs a day, but I have to be motivated, and unfortunately the motivation simply isn't there.

Needing the money doesn't do it for this kind of work.

My mind is working overtime. What do people want to read? I can write it if I knew that.

I don't know, so I just have to write what comes to mind, and when.

I have a wide range of interests; it is very seldom I would attempt a topic just for viewers. That doesn't usually work anyway. You need to write about something you have at least a little passion in.

Then again. look at the diversification of topics among the people who are seeing results now.

Maybe starting again is a good thing. I still have the (almost) 500 hubs here.

2. rembrandz profile image79

Hey thanks IzzyM And for your experiment to test if this works. I really appreciate it. Oh well yes looks like you do have to work a lot to get your scores up on the sub-domain. Which gives me an idea to test when I open my sub-domain. I think I'll prep. a few handfuls more of hubs and upload it at once. Will see how the score gets effected. Will be in touch. wordscribe43's useful response too is noted. Thanks

1. IzzyM profile image88

I went and sat on the terrace thinking about what my new subdomain will write about.
              I guess I should look at my hubs that don't get views and discount them.

I don't want to write around the hubs that do, either, because I've already grabbed all the best titles.

It's been so long since I've been a new hubber!

But this time I am using my real name so it needs to be the best it can be, which is all I've ever tried to do with this name.

Help!

1. Lisa HW profile image61
                Lisa HWposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You're kind of a "reverse sockpuppet" or "partial reverse sockpuppet" (or something like that) on here now.  smile

Personally, I think everything will eventually iron out with your IzzyM stuff (because I think it's not your stuff, but instead, maybe, the algorithms that need some adjusting, or something).  But, maybe it's always kind of nice to start new and with a fresh outlook - and under one's own real name.  And, the ultimate is sometimes getting to both keep the old stuff/former "identity" and still be able to start new at the same time.   (Hmm.  No wonder so many people seem to like being a sockpuppet.   (wink  roll )

(I'd imagine, though, that that 28 score next your own picture might be quite a culture shock for you right now.  lol  It's a good thing you're veteran enough to know how the score-thing goes when a Hubber is "new").   smile

You mentioned above that needing the money doesn't do it for this kind of work.  That's always been one of my biggest challenges when it comes to what I can write about.  Maybe writing about that particular challenge might make a good Hub for Isabella Melville.

1. IzzyM profile image88

Reverse sockpuppet! Love it!

Your response has set my mind thinking, so thank you:)

2. rembrandz profile image79

Hi there Thanks for this discussion going the way it is. Interesting points discussed and new metaphors learnt too Thanks.

I am just voicing my opinion as I started this thread.
                  I prefer writing in my own name/identity as my original account. My account name I made it that way because I don't want my real name floating around the net...when it/any discussion with the name will be there for life somewhere and can never be erased. I don't want my real name viewed by unwanted people especially when we have no control of what people could talk/express on the net. Virtual definitely does not replace real life.
                  My sub-domain though it has a different name altogether, I will stitch it together in my hubs. Nothing to hide. Anyway google will know anyway from my affiliate settings...I am too excited in developing my focused sub-domain. Real name hubbers have their freedom of expression....some don't...that also could be a reason they have to hide behing anonymity and speak....because some people may not be living in a free thinking world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)