Is it easier to attack a person who rights a forum question?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Naomi's Banner profile image73
    Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years ago

Could it be that it is easier because you don't have to face them.  Could it be that the written word can be taken so many different ways.  Could it be that people take out their anger on others so they don't have to look inside themselve?

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

It makes me so ANGRY when people can't spell there own thred titles on a writers cite !!!!!

Just joking and getting aggressive because you can't see me big_smile

1. princess g profile image60
        princess gposted 12 years agoin reply to this

you mean thread?

jk
        smile

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No - he's talking about the whole cite.  Especially if it is there own cite. big_smile

2. Naomi's Banner profile image73
        Naomi's Bannerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean write? Or thread! I could teach you about anger management!

Thank you for your kind offer but I doubt you could teach me anything about anger management, I had a 32 year course on it and a shiny and coveted divorce certificate at the end of it big_smile

Doesn't sound very pleasant. Wow after thirty two years why not work it out. Gosh non of my business for sure.

big_smile  Work it out !  I spent 16 years waiting for my kids to leave so that I could get out !

Sorry, divorce is hard. I pray you have healed your wounds at this point? Writing can be very healing.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

For some people, I guess.  Of course it is also easier to share biased and offensive opinions over the internet for the same reason. I've never had any problem saying anything I felt to someones face, but I'm sure there are people who do.

Of course.  Look at how many interpretations of the bible there are.  And how everyone feels their interpretations are correct.

There are people out there like that I guess.  More than likely, if someone is angry, it is probably because someone else pissed them off.  No need to look so deeply into human motives when the obvious answer is staring you in the face.

Other reasons people may be attacked:

1.  The poster is baiting them.
      2.  The poster is unaware of how ignorant/arrogant/self-righteous that they appear.
      3.  The poster lives in a very small world of their own, has limited scope of reality, doesn't realize that not everyone shares their opinion and finds any debate that doesn't agree with their opinion to be offensive.
      4.  The poster is trying to convert people with polar opposite opinions to their belief system. 

Reasons that a poster may feel like they are being attacked
      1.  The poster is excessively thin skinned.
      2.  The poster doesn't understand the difference between personal attacks and debate over their beliefs.
      3.  The poster has a persecution complex
      4.  The poster believes that the world revolves around their belly button and everything is about them.

Hope that was a thoughtful enough answer for ya smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That covers it well. smile

3. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well this is useless ,because ya didnt right it good lol

(j/k couldnt resist)

I sure did mispell some words wow that's funny!

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Shows you are human wink

Most definitely am that!

2. princess g profile image60
    princess gposted 12 years ago

yes, it's much easier, because they can't punch you in the face.

1. Haunty profile image73
      Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Actually, this just makes it harder.

3. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I think, sometimes, people perceive attack when it isn't there. I know a misunderstanding can mushroom into an incident with the written form of communication. You almost have to give the other person the benefit of the doubt at the onset, until you are sure that they do mean insult.

Other times, a question is posed in such a manner that it is taken in the wrong way which starts the exchange off poorly. Who's fault is that? The OP or the person who responds? Both bear some responsibility.

4. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 12 years ago

The one about some people enjoying debate versus others who view it as "attack", or at least "fighting" may be a big one, I think.

Also, though, sometimes what is intended to be a kind of dry joke (or even any joke) can be misinterpreted.  Much of the time, that's why I over-use the ridiculous little smileys (etc.) - paranoid about having someone think one of my jokes (or sort-of jokes) was intended to be something else.

Personally, I'm the same me on here as I am in offline life (for good or ill).  hmm

5. floating mind profile image69
    floating mindposted 12 years ago

It is easy to misconstrue what is written by one person, when viewed by another.  So an attack can be perceived, when none existed.  By the same token, there are a lot of people out there, that use the Internet to attack other people simply because they can.  With that in mind, I think the answer to your question is a simple ... Yes!

6. Rastamermaid profile image66
    Rastamermaidposted 12 years ago

Some folks just look to argue not debate. Debating is healthy and good when both sides can be heard and get their point across without being nasty.

I still try to hold true to how I was raised.....if you can't say something nice,don't say nothing at all.

Just because I don't agree or see your view doesn't mean I disagree,it just means my view is different.Not right,not wrong,just different.

Everyone has a right to their opinion,and I know everyone's opinion is different,and I respect that.

Great responses to this question. When answering a written question or stating a feeling or belief one must be careful to use the correct language so the others understand your meaning behind it. I think many people do use the Internet or email to say things that they would never say to a person face to face. Many are sitting behind a computer all day and taking out their anger on others. I also feel not all comments are spoken as an attack but because of the way a person writes it it sounds like they being a hater. I also think to comment on this type of a format a person must be careful not to accuse, not to call names, not to judge the person, etc.

7. ubanichijioke profile image75
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

I always say my mind if you don't like it, just kindly jump off the moving train. Ha ha ha
    ¤just joking¤

Just remember when you start giving out pieces of your mind there soon will be none left! Lol

2. Eaglekiwi profile image75

Reminded me of that movie:

Throw momma from the train lol

Funny, enjoyed that movie!! wink

8. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Is it easier to attack a person who rights a forum question? Probably, but then again, attacks are subjective to the individual's perception of what an "attack" actually is in the end.

If you let words hurt you, then it is you pulling the negative, even though there might not be any. A prime example: I've been banned from the forums a couple of times for calling people "ignorant".

But, the actual truth is that every human being living IS ignorant in some capacity, simply because they cannot know everything there is to know. Therefore, they are ignorant. wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)