The Mind Of The Evolutionist

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (164 posts)
  1. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
    Davidsonofjesieposted 13 years ago

If you believe in your heart there is no God,there is no right or wrong,there is no creator,no absolute truth,no moral authority,then you must believe that nothing turns into chemicals,and chemicals turn into plants,animals and people,with no power,intelligence,purpose or design,leaving no evidence,and it all takes time!                            Then they believe there was no guilding intelligence that wrote the D.N.A code or assembled all of the chemicals,and that single cell,with its trillion parts arranged in precise order,and its ability to reproduse itself,and it just happened one day,and life created itself.You must believe you,your children,your pet,the food you eat,and everything you can see,are a result of trillions and trillions of random accidents,over billions and billions of years.                                        You must believe that blind random chance,given enough time,created a perfectly ordered universe.You must believe that everything was either created from nothing by a surpreme intelligence,or that everything arose by nothing from nothing,and that life is nothing but a combination of chemicals and there is no such thing as morality,a human soul or conscience and that mankind is just anothing animal.And you must believe that inspite of the fact that there is not one iota of real scientific proof to suport your belief.There is no other choice only GOD could have created life and universe.Thank you LORD JESUS

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What a farce!  Typical religionist drivel.

I understand right and wrong and don't need a mythological extra-universal creature to tell me what it is.  There certainly is universal truth; such things as gravity, H+H=He (burning sun, you know) and E=MC squared are such universal truths (except to that mythological God, of course).  The only moral authority is yourself; no one else can force you, short of death, to behave morally and most people including Christians are only so-so in that respect.

The universe is certainly [b]not[/i] perfectly ordered - if it were there would be no such things as meteors colliding, all out of order, with the earth.

I also have a conscience, not mere words spoken by some priest as the word of God.  Mankind is an animal (unless you are a plant or bacteria?)

Your profession of ignorance (you don't know of anything else but your own version of God that could have produced everything ) is no more "proof" of such a creature than the current theories of the big bang are "proof" that that's what happened.

2. Titen-Sxull profile image71
      Titen-Sxullposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for explaining to me what I believe. Now allow me to explain what you believe.

You believe that a timeless magical being which possesses all power and all knowledge created the Universe with via magic words and entirely ex nihilo. Despite creating a vast Universe this incompetent God decides to experiment with only one planet and creates life on it including several intelligent creatures which he grants free will to make their own choices.

Even though this God and his Creation are entirely flawless and perfect somehow the people he created are imperfect and horribly flawed. God plants a tree nearby to where his first two people live. God hasn't done any planning because he only has two people and thus is setting himself up for the population to die out in a few generations thanks to inbreeding. Never mind that. So God tells the people that this tree is dangerous and that if they eat from it they will die. This is a lie. God leaves a dangerous tree in close proximity to two people he's created that have free will but do not have knowledge of right and wrong.

God blames these people when they do something wrong even though they couldn't have known it was wrong until after they ate the fruit. Rather than attempt to make amends or forgive them he curses them for all eternity and curses their descendants to be born in sin. This means that all of their descendants will go to a fiery pit of torture for all eternity when they die. God doesn't seem to care about that for a while.

People become more sinful, God decides the best course of action is to drown them all, including babies, puppies and kittens. Rather than attempt to reconcile things with his creation his first inclination is to kill them.

God begins a nation called Israel but first his people somehow get stuck as slaves in Egypt. God saves them from being slaves by committing acts of indescribable evil against the Egyptians including the slaughter of innocent Egyptian babies. As soon as they are free from slavery God tells the Hebrews that they are allowed to have slaves (this is in Exodus).

God decides its best to offer a chance at redemption so he sets up a system of girzzly blood animal sacrifice rituals with specific rules on what organs to burn and where to sprinkle blood on the altar. This system keeps going strong until Jesus arrives. God's best idea is to send his only son to die in a brutal execution and come back as a zombie 3 days later for no apparent reason.

God demands that you accept the sacrifice of Jesus or else, if you don't accept his love and believe in him you will be sent to that same horrible torture pit. Jesus has left no archeological or extra-biblical evidence of his existence let alone of his divine status and thus must be believed on gullibility alone. If you are not gullible enough to believe in Jesus, or are gullible enough to accept a different religion you too will earn yourself a place in the Lake of Fire.

So yeah, clearly that's the only choice.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes,i think he opened himself up for that one. There's always a middle ground.

2. qwark profile image59
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Titen:
        HIP,HIP HOORAY, HIP HIP HOORAY! CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP...WHISTLE, WHISTLE....2 THUMBS UP!!!!
        qwark...smile:

3. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
        Davidsonofjesieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What I believe is very real,and someone has to tell you evos what to think because you evos are not sure,and it changes all the time .With the Lord Jesus HE is the same always !!!

1. Titen-Sxull profile image71

It changes all the time? Yeah because it relies on these things called FACTS and EVIDENCE. Would you prefer if science never progressed and we all still went around thinking the sun revolved around the Earth? Science reaches conclusions based upon actual objectively verified evidence in order to get as close to reality as possible.

So you can either believe a myth written thousands of years ago or constantly updated FACTS about the way things actually are.

When it comes down to it , nothing has ever evolved into something else

1. Titen-Sxull profile image71

Actually we've observed evolution ourselves. Evolution has been directly observed.

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrar … 0_0/evo_45
              http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-speciation.html

You can also check out my hub which presents even more evidence for Evolution here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Evolutionary-Ev … for-bdavis

3. Paul Wingert profile image61
      Paul Wingertposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Davidsonofjesie comes across as some kind of mind reader and did a poor job of it.

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We like to refer to them as Bible Belt Baptist Blusterers. lol

2. Davidsonofjesie profile image59

I just wrote what I find in your evo books,and not one of you evos could say that I lied , because that would say that what you believe is a lie !!!

1. Cagsil profile image70
          Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'll tell you right now, you lied.

Evolution is a proven fact. Regardless of whether or not, you choose to believe it. It's been documented and proven to occur.

Enough said.

How can you say that , there is no proof of anything evovleing from one thing to another.Unless you count all the stuff that they glued together

Are you trying to bury yourself? You need to do a lot more research before you can even begin to understand. Your OP is nothing more than a religious ranting. Enjoy. wink

You evos are all alike,everyone of you guys or gals are so angry and I Think I know why,you believe in something you know is wrong,but your hatred for God is so strong that you can over look stuff that you know in your heart is B.S

More junk spewed. Angry? I don't see how you found anger in my statement. But, whatever. You're good at that, so you might as well keep claiming people are angry at your god for everything.

What a joke.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Why would we "evos" hate a god we don't know exists, genius?  lol  You "creats" hate evolution because you know it exists.

I dont hate evolution,I have studied evolution for more then 20 yrs. now.But you have to understand that it is just a theory.I think some of the stuff they come up with is pretty darn funny.I cant believe that they can keep a strait face half the time.

4. gamergirl profile image85
      gamergirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe in my heart that there is no God.  I do, however, believe that there are concepts such as integrity, ethics, and morality.  You may want to actually look into the definition of words prior to attempting to use them, as I am unsure whether you understand what morality is as opposed to ethical behavior.

You also clearly misunderstand the process of change from the slightest shift on an atomic level and how hundreds of millions of generations of change can lead to the absolutely mindblowing alteration of one organism to another.  But then, you believe in a book that teaches you there is an invisible, omnipotent and omniscient Sky Daddy who sent a part of himself like a meteor into the womb of some carpenter's wife.  This meteor baby, in turn, would be chased, persecuted by man and eventually slaughtered and ridiculed, only to raise up as a benevolent zombie a few days later.

You still have no concept of what evolution is.  You poor, poor person.  Did you fail science class all through school?

Drivel.

Evolution is not about blind random chance in totality.  In this, your last "paragraph" you even go so far as to claim that those who do not believe in your Zombie makin' Sky Daddy have no scientific data to back up claims of evolution.  You must only have the Benny Hinn Gospel Channel on your television set, and must've gone to one of those hilariously overpriced and underqualified Christian schools wherein the reality of science and the world outside it's doors are ignored in favor of an extra hour of praising Zombie Jesus.

I've already wasted too much time on your utterly ridiculous post, and just want you to know that before you spend another moment making assumptions about the beliefs of others, look to the word you are spreading.  Lies are sinful per the Bible, and lest you forget, all sins are equal in the eyes of God, again, from your Bible.  So, you may want to make sure that you educate yourself about the various things you try and cry out against, lest you be named a liar.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
        PhoenixVposted 13 years agoin reply to this
    5. frogdropping profile image77
      frogdroppingposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You couldn't have been more insulting if you'd tried harder.

Try contributing to this website as a whole, instead of insulting those of us that make the effort to help make this site the place it is.

Without the likes of me and thousands of other productive hubbers + the HP admin team (that work as hard as anyone) - you could not post on this site.

Right and wrong and moral that.

6. profile image53
      nickj147posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I believe jesus existed. He was a nice chap who they nailed to a cross specifically for saying 'Lets be nice to each other'. Thats my morality. Thats what I do. As for God and typical christians however, in fact all morons who effectively believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden, it disgusts me that they are affecting my life. So called christian morality is no morality I want a part of. These disgusting people condemn anybody who dousn't believe in the same fairy stories that they do. They condemn normal loving people who do normal things such as having sex before marriage. Normal healthy people who dare to fall in love with sombody of the same sex and the ridiculous claim that monogamy is normality (This bullshit paradigm has caused more misery anything (see theory of the selfish gene))

As for god.........If I were walking down the street and I saw a child starving and in pain and I had the power to help that child I would obviously help as would anybody. .Anyone who refused to would be a scumbag and not deserving of my respect
      If god made the earth, heavens and everything in six days he could stop all suffering in a heartbeat. If he exists and chooses not to help such cases he is a scumbag and not deserving of my respect.
         I'm afraid I am to nice a person and far to moral to be a christian.

Best wishes

Nick Jones

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Which is an interessting point - I would do the same and if there is a god he 'walks on by' and has done for hundreds of thousands of years, or 6000 if you like to believe in creationshitism.

So I am a better person than god - explains a lot.

2. aguasilver profile image70
        aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No problems with self worth then! smile

1. profile image53

no just normal.....pitty god is not as caring.

1. aguasilver profile image70

God is totally caring and will guide and protect us 100%, if we let Him, but of course, most folk do not let Him, they just ignore or insult or abuse Him and wonder why he lets them have things their way.... then complain about that as well.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
              Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We are all "letting" your god feed the starving and remove cancer from people's bodies. Okay god, GO!

... tick ... tock ...

It is not GOD who gave us cancer it was man , It is in our food,water,the air that we breath,as well as the air waves itself.Man created cancer

1. Beelzedad profile image58

GOLD!!! smile

2. profile image53

Yea very careing!!!!!!  If he exists he's a scumbag. Tell that to the inocent children who are suffering or the gay guy who got beat up last night by a bunch of homophobes stating homosexuality is an abomination  Ask him If I really have to get the whole town together to stone my brother to death for working on the sabath or should I phone the police to arrest my mother for wearing clothes of two different threads.
              I refer the honerable gentleman to my previous statement, and again ask, Should my life be affected by morons who believe in faries at the bottom of the garden. As it is at present.

I believe jesus existed. He was a nice chap who they nailed to a cross specifically for saying 'Lets be nice to each other'. Thats my morality. Thats what I do. As for God and typical christians however, in fact all morons who effectively believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden, it disgusts me that they are affecting my life. So called christian morality is no morality I want a part of. These disgusting people condemn anybody who dousn't believe in the same fairy stories that they do. They condemn normal loving people who do normal things such as having sex before marriage. Normal healthy people who dare to fall in love with sombody of the same sex and the ridiculous claim that monogamy is normality (This bullshit paradigm has caused more misery anything (see theory of the selfish gene))

As for god.........If I were walking down the street and I saw a child starving and in pain and I had the power to help that child I would obviously help as would anybody. .Anyone who refused to would be a scumbag and not deserving of my respect
              If god made the earth, heavens and everything in six days he could stop all suffering in a heartbeat. If he exists and chooses not to help such cases he is a scumbag and not deserving of my respect.
                 I'm afraid I am to nice a person and far to moral to be a christian.

Best wishes

Nick Jones

1. qwark profile image59
                qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nick:
                I loved this ending:
                "I'm afraid I am to nice a person and far to moral to be a christian."
                2 thumbs up!  smile:
                Qwark

2. aguasilver profile image70

I´m not sure whose sock puppet you are, but your diatribe is the normal stuff and you also have a gift of repetition, which is boring.

Try getting out of the old testament, that's why God gave us the new testament, and your complaints don't happen there, which is of course possibly why you stay in the OT.

I guess from your emphasis and repetition you are an angry homosexual, which is fine, you have enough to be angry about, so why not vent your anger here against God....? Be angry against the morons who also corrupt Gods word in order to vent their anger.

Have a nice day nice person who is too moral to be a Christian.

But take a look in the mirror, I mean a real look in the spiritual mirror, and be sure you are right when you state that.

Nice moral people are few and far apart in my experience.

Now I tire of you, so unless you have some more original thought, not just a copy and paste from your last post, I will ignore you, as we should ignore all sock puppets.

BTW how about writing a hub, that's a good way to vent spleen?

1. profile image53

Maybe it's normal because it's obviously true.Was it re-written due to being obvious BS? I notice you don't have the intellect to answer my main point of walking on by. Just for the record as you are obviously not the sharpest tool in the box , My first was copied and pasted as I refered morons like you to it.It's a sad state of affairs if that is your only complaint!!!!!!

I took your advice. Looked in the mirror......Standing next to a Jehovahs Witness.he condemned blood transfusions for dying children, Prostitutes, gay's, people who had sex before marriage rape victims who had abortions infact it seemed anyone who didn't believe in the rubbish he was peddling.All he said was the word of god!!!! Yep.........I was right. It seems the mirror never lies. I'm far to nice to be christian.

On much the same point. If god impregnated a girl called mary without her consent.......firstly isn't that sex before marriage and secondly isn't it rape?
                    Are you all worshiping a rapist?

Again...... for the record I am not fat,gay,black,white,pink or yellow I'm slightly tanned 43 year old hetrosexual with two beutifull children. But I have many friends who are and I would allways defend them against the biggoted views of people like you. I would much rather have gay friends than christian ones. They are far more moral The world would be a lot better place without people like you who believe in the fairies at the bottom of the garden.

Well Nick, I respect your opinion, and look forward to seeing you write this up as a hub, when you can explain clearly why you think this way.

Maybe saying "the world would be a lot better place without people like you who believe in the fairies at the bottom of the garden." could kinda weaken your claims for moral superiority, but hey, it's not for me to judge.... if you had hubs, I could see how you think, what you believe and get an idea of who you actually are, you could do all that by looking at mine as well, then maybe both of us would not jump to conclusions and make rash statements.

Anyhow, have a blessed life and may you enjoy all your moments.

without being wash in the blood of Jesus,you are under the Law and that means that if you break any of his laws you are condemed,and no matter what you think even the smallest of sin !

1. profile image0

When I read this a picture of a guy kneeling there with his mouth wide open and his blind eyes fixed on the sun - the only excuse I have is that I am translating a lot of art stuff at the moment and getting very visual with it big_smile

7. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Some people just understand God differently. Our level of understanding does not limit the existence of God or how God functions. Acknowledging or not acknowledging does not limit the existence either. It is naturally arising no matter what we choose to label it or even if we deny the existence of God. Ethics and Morals are part of what is naturally arising. Get our minds out of the way of what we think is or is not then the true nature of what we are connected to might come to the fore.

What we believe or do not believe only affects our world view and everything we experience or are yet to experience. Always though there is that which naturally arises to bring clarity or more awareness to the falsities that we might hold at any moment in time despite our beliefs.

8. Julie Logan profile image59
      Julie Loganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It frightens me that so many people need to believe in God to know right from wrong.

If your faith wavered, would you go out and start murdering and raping people?

It seriously scares the hell out of me to think that some of you only refrain from butchering and eating me because your religion tells you that it's bad.

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On that note you must be glad they are Christians!

1. Julie Logan profile image59
          Julie Loganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not really. If they only act like civilized human beings due to their belief in God, why would they continue to do so if they lost their faith?

They wouldn't. They're basically ticking time bombs.

9. oceansnsunsets profile image84
      oceansnsunsetsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

David, we see an effect which is the whole universe, and all of the humans in it.  It is smart to consider a cause that is sufficient for that effect.  As for origins, Darwinian evolution doesn't begin to answer that.  I think God is sufficient for that cause.

roll

1. oceansnsunsets profile image84

smile

Nice to see you're happy with yourself. And, that's a really sad thing. hmm Don't ask why, because I'm not in the mood, nor do I have the inclination to explain it to you.

However, I'm sure you'll have question as to what was the "uncaused cause" that began the Universe and "why" does the Universe exist?

And, you should know- there are some questions that never need be answered, and there are some questions where that is the answer to the question asked. If you have trouble with that, then I guess you have more to learn. wink

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and beliefs with us all.  I don't need to put you down to respond, like I see others doing here.  I am not "pleased" with myself so much, to respond to that, as I was returning a "face" to your funny face you posted to my post.  No need for me to be "grumpy" and sorry that you find that "sad."  I don't understand a lot of people, but I think we can all be decent with each other and respect each other. I think its best to have a live and let live attitude and not resort to put downs, and keep to the facts.  Hopefully more people can do that on hubpages forums.

What is with people, do you think everything that comes out of someone's mouth, a belief? How ridiculous. roll
                That's a good thing.
                Mine wasn't a funny face. If you found it amusing, then you need a refresher course on what smilies mean what.
                I don't expect you to "grumpy" and sorry.
                Respect? You're expecting to receive respect automatically. Okay, I'll give you respect, when you earn it. You show me something that deserves respect, as you speak about a god as the answer for everything, and I'll show you the door.
                More people would do what you are asking, as long as you refrain from spreading your belief in a god, for which, supposedly lives outside of reality.

Inside reality, there is no god. So, your ideology of live and let live, doesn't wash, because of the irrationality of the basis for the belief in a god. The belief in a god is selfish, self-serving and detrimental to the existence of the human species.

But, thanks for playing.

I knew your face wasn't a smiley, I was just being good natured to return the face you gave with a smile.  I knew there was a "tone" behind it. 

As for live and let live, that does work. Christianity as a worldview DOES allow people to live in peace and harmony in a pluralistic society.  I find what you to believe to be not really for the best for all people everywhere, if you have to ask me to not share what I believe, but allow you to share your beliefs.  Why can't all people just share what they believe and be cool with each other?  I think that is a great idea, but we do see some put others down to a great degree, and try to actually change them and change public opinion about them.  This is anti American at the very least, and immoral to.  I think good worldviews are those that allow people to be decent to each other and not respond like I see so many responding in these forums.  That should be the first red flag for a failing worldview, to be honest.  People shouldn't embrace that, and try to stick to the facts and what they disagree.

As for sharing your belief, when I said that I did mean that.  I wasn't saying that when you say anything, that it is a belief.  When you share things in a certain way though, without proper back up, it IS a belief or an opinion, BUT some here state those as fact.  That doesn't work.  So I call it what it is to be more factual and reasonable.

Actually, there is no truth in that statement and shows you've not the ability to see worldview.
                    Again, you completely side-stepped what I began my previous post with. Not everything spoken or said is a belief, yet you think it is. Now, that's just ridiculous.
                    Beliefs? Are to be based on reality and nothing else.
                    Anything not based on reality is meaningless and useless.
                    The freedom of speech?
                    Interesting statement.
                    Red flag is when people outright show themselves as selfish, but when shown the error of their ways, they refuse to do anything about it.
                    Misconceptions, distortion tactics and misinformation must be addressed, just like irrational beliefs need to be met with rational understanding, so they can be corrected.
                    Yet, you said in the beginning of this post. You make no sense. I suggest you choose better words for your sentences.
                    Well, I guess you can be fore-warned for our next conversation and the remainder of this one- My beliefs are not shared with others. They are none of your concern. wink

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Hey Wilderness, chosen ignorance is truly blissful, didn't you know that. lol lol

As for the OP, sorry, but the bible and Christianity religious philosophy has been debunked. It happened over a half century ago, but if you care to look, I've just published a hub that does it again. This time, the church and it's followers will not simply dismiss it.

Good luck. smile

Sorry, Cagsil (and other hubbers).  This one just punched my buttons - such a combination of arrogance, ignorance and lies sometimes does that.

S/he may be blissful, but it is not a bliss that I want or that anyone else should be made to suffer through.

If there was a like button you would have gotten for both your posts. tongue smile

Thanks.  I KNOW that is mostly an exercise in futility to reply in this forum and that I should just skip it, but sometimes just can't help myself.

Good to see you on the forum, by the way.

Keep up the good fight. smile Always nice to be seen and it's nice to see you again. smile

What lies are you talking about WILDERNESS

If I don't believe your myth then there is no right or wrong.  There is no truth.  That without God there is no morality or conscience.  That only a non-existent creature could have created the universe; there is no other option.

The obvious conclusion is that all atheists have no morals at all, no conscience and do not know right from wrong.  This is a lie and an insult; personally I find that most atheists live a more morally correct life that religionists.  At least they don't insist that everyone else is immoral and without conscience.

I would so far to say that IF (which I doubt) there is a link between morality, conscience, integrity, etc. and religion the high ground would have to go to those of us that use our minds to reason and actually think about them rather that those with an almost pathological need for a Big Daddy in the sky to tell them what is right or wrong.

3. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

what do you mean by they?...evolutionist are not divided into tags like christianity or islam or hindu or jew...it is we and not they...secondly evolution is natural and for all to see...it is easy to see evolution and its principal even today meanwhile who you call lord is not accepted by 67 percent people in the world...in same way you dont accept other faiths...so it is subjective ...meanwhile natural phenomenas are not subjective or personal...it is general , applies to all and has proofs...stop comparing nature with religion...both are different..

what proofs

1. pisean282311 profile image62
        pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

many...just by being observer you can notice that...religion is dream world ...nature is not...it is real...let me give you one small example....turtles have to come out of water to lay eggs...they travel hell lot of distance to do that...but they can't simply stay there...so they lay egg , try to hide them under sand and go away...some eggs get eaten , while some hatch...as soon as young ones come out they run to save their lives towards sea...if their quest , most get killed by other species who make them food...these includes birds too...averagely one survives from the lot who lives life fullest....this is real raw nature...survival quest and survival of fittest...no mercy...no emotions...this is one thing which you and me can view with our own eyes...

coming to humans  , irrespective of which tag they belong to...irrespective of whether they are atheist or christians or muslims or jews or hindus...we have 1 out of 7 who dont get food on daily basis...

as we have developed more technos , more industrialization , we have killed indirectly many species...again survival of fittest...evolution and natural laws are at work this very moment....

many medicines which worked in past are not as effective now adays...because even virus adapt...

those species which would learnt to adapt would survive and those who wont would unfortunately die...that is how nature works...it is auto system...yes species do evolve and try to adapt...

when we say loving god , we forget that same loving god is either helpless observer or does not intefere in auto system or is doesnot exist at first place..had it been , we wont have seen humans killing so many species , children dying due to lack of food or medicine , people killing each other in name of loving god ...

survival of the fittest,you mean survival of the lucky!

not exactly...i mean survival of fittest as species on whole not individual levels...those who adapt , form new ways ...humans have survived since long because of science which is again product of human thought ...if we would have simply lived in jungles we wont have survived , no matter how may times we would have prayed and no matter whom we would have prayed...humans developed tools , took bulls by horn and survived.....religion came much much later

A belief in God came frist,then came science

yes you are right...belief on god should have come first...i was talking about modern religions which exist...most can't trace back more than 5k years...infact oldest one is 3.5k years...those are too small years in human journey...

2. profile image53

didn't science start 13.7 billion years ago with a rather Big Bang?

how up to date is your info?the last I heard it was almost 20 billion yrs.

1. skyfire profile image79
                    skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Where ? Conservepedia ? or in Church ?

13.75 ± 0.17 billion years

Source -
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

2. profile image53

I believe general concensus is 13.7 billion. having said that I did have a few beers the night before and may have lost 6.3 bill. Whatever the truth.....It's a darn site more than 12000 years as proported in that darnright evil book of christianity.

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Yes, the evolution of man, from ignorance to knowledge. smile

4. Cagsil profile image70

Thumbs Up Gamergirl! smile big_smile

5. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

My thoughts exactly.

Some people on this forum seriously need EDUCATION instead of church based deluded home-schooling.  wink

science was my fav.study,and I still enjoy it today! I just dont believe that raining on rocks 4 millions of years can produse life.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So - as you have started this thread to attack anyone who does not believe the total nonsense you believe can we assume:

1. You do not actually believe it - seeing as your book expressly tells you not to attack others who do not believe the nonsense you believe?

or

2. You do believe it - you just want to start a fight to prove Christians are violent and aggressive - and you just do not care that this means eternal torment for you?

Either way - you are adding to the body of knowledge I have that Christianity is the most mentally corrosive religion ever devised.

Hi mark long time no see , I see you still like twist truth to shut it up

Dear me. sad

I twisted nothing - your bible specifically tells you not to start fights and not to argue with nonbelievers.

So - you are going directly against what you claim is the word of your god and will burn in eternal torment.

I - like Jesus was supposed to  have been - am cursed with the ability to divine intent. Makes me quite a good poker player and massage therapist - but extremely cynical and weary of people who start fights in order to claim they are being persecuted. A common Christian affliction.  sad

I mean - what was your intent by starting this thread if not to cause a fight and argue with "evolutionists"?

1. profile image0
              ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Knowles, I've come to get you; you know the score sunshine, if you don't believe and you don't behave you have to come and live with me. There are no push bikes and lots of smoke in hell Knowles, what's it to be?

I quit smoking, so I am going to have to decline - but thanks for the offer. big_smile

1. profile image0
                  ryankettposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh it wasn't a proposition, I was just informing you of my intention to take you. Although, money always talks, and we all know that you have enough money to bribe Peter wink

The truth only starts fights with those who hate truth !!!

exactly that is why we see people going on war due to god in  is history...religion cannot  stand truth and so try to crush it by using violent means...but in end science reveals truth...religious too have evolved and present religion would either get destroyed or adapt with new realities...it is good for Catholics that vatican is adapting with times...

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

So - the bible does not tell you not to start fights and not to argue with nonbelievers?

sad

well christ said dont treat others in way you wont like to be treated...so try to mock and get mocked in return...christ also said that give your right cheek when slapped...guess we wont have had world war 1 and world war 2 if that was followed...believers forgot christ and accepted Darwin to survive i guess smile

WW1 started by the killing of aus.prince,WW2 started with ger,taking over Europe,and when I was a nonbleiver I was happy to here the truth , and no one has slaped me  , anyone can say anything about me and it dosent bother me at all.I never tried to hurt anyone just posting the truth the way I see it . The same as the rest of you !!!

I stated truth , and thats it , you can do with it what you want

No - you stated your mistaken opinion, knowing full well it would offend people and you could argue with nonbelievers.

3. frogdropping profile image77

Read what you just wrote. You could be talking about yourself. Your truth is just that  - yours.

The only truth I can see in this thread is the definition of sanctimonious.

2. Merlin Fraser profile image59
        Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So you believe that water in combination with other things cannot produce anything !

So how do you explain  Soup ?

Water is but one ingredient, time is another, don't under estimates their powers.  Water created the Grand Canyon and is the reason why the sea is salty.

Your version requires a God to create because without an emmense amount of time nothing else makes sense.

But with a planet sized chemistry set, heat, water and millions and millions of years of time anything is possible.

evo"s start out believing that things evolve,based on no evidence,and then try desperatley to find something in nature to prove it.

3. skyfire profile image79

You've discarded empirical evidence related to evolution and your OP becomes a rant of creationism. This really shows the depth in which you understand evolution or even empirical evidence. I'm doubtful about your understanding in science.

Out of curiosity and no disrespect, can i ask what's your educational qualification ? Based on this answer i can spend my further time debating with you.

Why ask, why bother, in fact why are any of you bothering to reply if you all recognise it was a thread started to cause you all to rise up and react, which you duly all did.

Which hoop will you jump through next? smile

1. Merlin Fraser profile image59

You are So Wise.... and So Right !

Only a fool would stick around... Bye !!!

2. skyfire profile image79

Not sure which will be the next hoop. But these days i'm allergic to irrationals theists, they're making simple science a mess so just cleaning the spam. wink

Good question;
          Up until recently I didn't think they ever taught science on the back of cereal packets but now I’m not so sure.

I WAS TRYING TO GET DEBATE ON EVO,NOT TO ANGER YOU PEOPLE ,I DONT MIND THE REFENCES TO MY EDU.OR MY BELIEFS,IM ALWAYS AMAZED HOW HOSTILE EVOS GET WHEN DECUSSING EVO.

1. profile image0

I am happy to debate with you - all you have to do is to provide one point of evidence that supports creationist ideas - or one point of evidence that disproves evolution.

WHAT ABOUT ONE ORGANISM EVOLVING TO ANOTHER{NO PROOF]

1. skyfire profile image79

Looks like you've no idea about speciation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speciation

Just for your information it takes hundreds or even thousands of years to branch species out from parent. Hundreds or so years from now on humans are likely to lose appendice from body because of the way we eat food today. Now if you want to take example of extinct species like carolina parakeet, the further speciation is now stopped from that branch and evolution will not be there for that species. How you're going to prove that they existed to begin with if the rest of parakeets evolve in near future ? Only if we can Study instead of pressing buttons in caps wink

2. profile image0

ok - you can stop shouting now.

There is plenty of evidence in the fossil record of the evolution of various creatures from the same origin.  Any good book on this kind of thing can show you the evidence, it is not disputed by anyone.

But now I have to go to bed as it is past midnight here -  and then fly tomorrow so you have two days to readit up then I will be back for your next 'evidence'.

sorry did not notice caps

2. skyfire profile image79

Chill Budd, no need to shout. I'm used to creationism threads and attacks on the internet.  wink

3. gamergirl profile image85
            gamergirlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You have yet to actually reply to a majority of the points raised in response to your original post.

Debate is only as effective as those participating in it, and so the burden now lies on you.

Please spare us your logical fallacies, and provide some counter-argument to the posts aimed your way, otherwise this thread's purpose seems to be a method for you to lord your chosen spiritual Lord over those of us who choose instead to make use of our brains.

6. Merlin Fraser profile image59
    Merlin Fraserposted 13 years ago

Extract from David’s School Report:

On the subjects of Reality, Science and Natural History this student deliberately sets himself low targets which he consistently fails to meet.     

How refreshing to see that this consistence has followed him into adulthood.

lol

2. profile image0

It is not very nice to mock the mentally challenged, I am surprised at you young merlin !  It is much kinder to gently take them by the hand and walk them to the edge of their flat earth and then push them off.

lol lol ...ya flat world with witches moving around and satan doing tricks...w

I apologise, but of all my thoughts at the time that one was the only one that was publishable and I could spell all the words.

I could go along with your suggestion, it's better than waiting for the next Flood !

no more flood

1. Merlin Fraser profile image59

Tell that to the people who live in Queensland !

That's in Australia, just in case you were wondering !

the bible said the earth was round long be4 science   chinaman

but those who believed in bible earlier might have forgotten to read that smile

the bible also said that there was mountains in the deep{oceans}science did not know til around 1980

well how old do you think science is?...science started when we developed first tool...btw have you read other ancient books...they say many things which we are discovering now...bible or for that matter many ancient books are product of humans who wrote their journey...so of course we would discover many things which would be true too...but many times these books have been proven false and then believers manipulate verses to suit their faith ...bible ,veda , quran , torah are great works...we must give credit where there is due...it is great work of our ancestors

P.S.- Without science there wont have been any bible too..

no one has proof of bible being wrong,many have tried,and then they have been proved wrong.always cooking books or bad theory but truth always comes out in the end!

Deleted

carbon dateing also say alive slug 25,000 yrs. old

the bibles say alot about dinos read the book of JOB

2. wilderness profile image96

That must be why the churches of the day preached it was flat.

7. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 13 years ago

I dont take part in these religious or scientific type discussions ..but i do read them and from an outsider looking in ..YOU ALL TALK A LOAD OF TWADDLE

1. frogdropping profile image77

You've gotta be a Brit. Twaddle? lol haven't heard that one in a long time. Well said btw smile

1. Loveslove profile image59
        Lovesloveposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am indeed a 'BRIT' and proud of it....I was dubious about posting my comment but then I thought ..well,everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is mine.!!

What you gonna say when someone comes along and defines us all as a bunch of time wasting WASSAKS ?

AGREE !!

2. profile image0

As a wassak you must be from down Bristol way or beyond !

Originally yes but not now !

8. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

i feel sorry for writers of various religious books..they never get credit for it...these books have contributed in human journey both positively and negatively...but who gets credit?..the character of the script and not the script writer...

9. Cagsil profile image70

Oh please. You would be lucky if 10,000 years ago, there was a single person on this planet who had consciousness(awareness of life).

In fact- science has already figured out that about 5000 years ago, consciousness began it's infant stage. hmm

People talk about gods. Give me a break.

Don't you mean "500,000" years ago, Cags? smile

Full Consciousness like you have presently, 5000 years is the only amount of time you have to go back. lol

Hmmm.  I've found beautifully made and expertly designed projectile points which are around 14,000 years old, Cags.  These people may not have had as much knowledge to absorb as we do now, but that doesn't mean they couldn't.  smile

I didn't say anything about the knowledge that was available then, I said "Consciousness".

The awareness of their own life. Or did you not understand that?

But, you believe what you like. wink

I cannot see how you can research consciousness levels from so long ago.  But I'm okay with that!  smile

The same way you can research the consciousness of person living today? hmm

Edit: Many different ways. wink

But it's easier to do so when the people are alive!  lol

Adam and Eve Was the frist people,and they was very conscience

Still waiting for your answer, David.  Why would scientists fake evidence of evolution?  Do you think your little cult is important enough to go to so much trouble?  Is so, you are badly fooling yourself.

But I will wait for your explanation before calling you out for making up lies for Jesus.  Or is it okay to tell lies for your cult?  lol

As for good science, I don't think scientists are making up evidences for evolution.  There is something deeper going on there, and its good to consider when discussing this topic. 

For instance, when people or scientists are sharing scientific findings, they are doing so using a philosophy.  Science is separate from philosophy though, and this is where we have problems, trying to keep the two separated.  You can't read a science book without getting the writer's philosophy.

Darwin took scientific observations for instance, and then applies his own held worldview and philosophy to those observations which no one can deny.  The problem is, he didn't tell his audience when the science (observable repeatable data) ended, and the philosophy begins.  A trained eye can learn to detect when this switch is made.  Its a common error and we see it ALL the time.  Its not good science to call your own worldview or philosophy "science."  People world over, are then duped by the books, and are made to feel like fools for even questioning the "brilliant" scientist with many phd's.  Yet, you can truly find the mistakes often made.

For example, changes in beaks of birds in different times on some islands long ago DOES show micro evolution happening.  There is no denying that evolution.  What Darwin took from that though, and the huge jumps for what must be true to line up with held beliefs and worldviews, ISN'T good science.  That he has become almost a joke to much of science today is no surprise, and its kind of sad, but then again it isn't because truth should be the goal.

I would like a link to the information showing Darwin to be "almost a joke to much of science today."  Thank you! smile

for by him { christ } were all things created,that are in heaven,and that are in earth,visible and invisible,Whether they be thrones,or dominions,or principalities,or powers:all things were created by him for him:and he existed before all things,and by him all things exist

Davidsonofjesieposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi everybody good to see you all in good shape with sound minds

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Translation: Christians believe the first humans were Adam and Eve. I really am not sure about the "conscience" reference.  Of course, "conscious" would perhaps be a better word and was probably the word intended.

But maybe you meant they were the first humans to have a guilty "conscience".  I really doubt you have the ability to understand evolution if your understanding of the English language is as poor as you make it seem in your posts.  Seriously!

1. Jerami profile image58
                  Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that the bible got that part right such as it is written.

Adam and Eve were reported to be at the top of "that" family tree.

You may be right, Jerami.  If they were the first of our ancestors, they seldom came down on the ground because it was hard for them to walk upright, like most of the primitive primates.  smile

2. pisean282311 profile image62

science also found 12k year old temple which is known as oldest temple...i guess randy is right...

lol

Okay, if you say so. I won't bother bringing it up again.

well it is not what i say ...infact archaeologist have come up with new theory which claims that it was the temple because of which people settled down and made villages,cities...it was not other way round...so human's quest for ideal is primary reason according to them for further human development...what and which god or gods they worshipped is unknown..but i guess we wont be knowing those names...but as human evolved new god keep coming in...present religion would either evolve or die down 5k years down the line...this is what i think ..

But, religion didn't die. So much for that train of thought. hmm

it did...evolution of religion is very good book on this...look at religions which we have 3k years back...all those have either died or got absorbed in big 4...only hinduism prevails which is older than abhramic ones but still does exist...5k down the lines all these four might either get absorbed or die down...law of darwin applies to them too...survival of fittest and ability to adapt...vatican recently made statements which might be said as attempt to adapt...

10. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Argue This... But Don't Hide Behind A Verse! roll

EVOLUTION

When you were a tadpole and I was a fish
    In the Paleozoic time,
    And side by side on the ebbing tide
    We sprawled through the ooze and slime,
    Or skittered with many a caudal flip
    Through the depths of the Cambrian fen,
    My heart was rife with the joy of life,
    For I loved you even then.

Mindless we lived and mindless we loved
    And mindless at last we died;
    And deep in the rift of the Caradoc drift
    We slumbered side by side.
    The world turned on in the lathe of time,
    The hot lands heaved amain,
    Till we caught our breath from the womb of death
    And crept into light again.

We were amphibians, scaled and tailed,
    And drab as a dead man's hand;
    We coiled at ease 'neath the dripping trees
    Or trailed through the mud and sand.
    Croaking and blind, with our three-clawed feet,
    Writing a language dumb,
    With never a spark in the empty dark
    To hint at a life to come.

Yet happy we lived and happy we loved,
    And happy we died once more;
    Our forms were rolled in the clinging mold
    Of a Neocomian shore.
    The eons came and the eons fled
    And the sleep that wrapped us fast
    Was riven away in a newer day
    And the night of death was past.

Then light and swift through the jungle trees
    We swung in our airy flights,
    Or breathed in the balms of the fronded palms
    In the hush of the moonless nights;
    And, oh! what beautiful years were there
    When our hearts clung each to each;
    When life was filled and our senses thrilled
    In the first faint dawn of speech.

Thus life by life and love by love
    We passed through the cycles strange,
    And breath by breath and death by death
    We followed the chain of change.
    Till there came a time in the law of life
    When over the nursing side
    The shadows broke and the soul awoke
    In a strange, dim dream of God.

I was thewed like an Auroch bull
    And tusked like the great cave bear;
    And you, my sweet, from head to feet
    Were gowned in your glorious hair.
    Deep in the gloom of a fireless cave,
    When the night fell o'er the plain
    And the moon hung red o'er the river bed
    We mumbled the bones of the slain.

I flaked a flint to a cutting edge
    And shaped it with brutish craft;
    I broke a shank from the woodland lank
    And fitted it, head and haft;
    Then I hid me close to the reedy tarn
    Where the mammoth came to drink;
    Through the brawn and bone I drove the stone
    And slew him upon the brink.

Loud I howled through the moonlit wastes,
    Loud answered our kith and kin;
    From west to east to the crimson feast
    The clan came tramping in.
    O'er joint and gristle and padded bone
    We fought and clawed and tore,
    And cheek by jowl with many a growl
    We talked the marvel o'er.

I carved the fight on a reindeer bone
    With rude and hairy hand;
    I pictured his fall on the cavern wall
    That men might understand.
    For we lived by blood and the right of might
    Ere human laws were drawn,
    And the age of sin did not begin
    Till our brutal tush were gone.

And that was a million years ago
    In a time that no man knows;
    Yet here tonight in the mellow light
    We sit at Delmonico's.
    Your eyes are deep as the Devon springs,
    Your hair is dark as jet,
    Your years are few, your life is new,
    Your soul untried, and yet -

Our trail is on the Kimmeridge clay
    And the scarp of the Purbeck flags;
    We have left our bones in the Bagshot stones
    And deep in the Coralline crags;
    Our love is old, our lives are old,
    And death shall come amain;
    Should it come today, what man may say
    We shall not live again?

God wrought our souls from the Tremadoc beds
    And furnished them wings to fly;
    He sowed our spawn in the world's dim dawn,
    And I know that it shall not die,
    Though cities have sprung above the graves
    Where the crook-bone men make war
    And the oxwain creaks o'er the buried caves
    Where the mummied mammoths are.

Then as we linger at luncheon here
    O'er many a dainty dish,
    Let us drink anew to the time when you
    Were a tadpole and I was a fish.

- Langdon Smith

big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)