A very angry voice and why!!!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Knight6 profile image63
    Knight6posted 12 years ago

two year old child lays dying on the side of the road and even though 18 plus people(and i use that word lightly)walked pass none stopped why???? this happened and in case you are not aware of what i am talking about

"A TWO-year-old Chinese girl is dead after she was struck by two vehicles and then ignored by passers-by.

More than a dozen people walked past her as she lay bleeding in the street, The South China Morning Post reported.

The girl, known as Yue Yue, died yesterday after slipping into a coma following Thursday's accident. The  vehicles struck her after she wandered out of her parents' shop in Foshan, part of the southern Guangdong province near Hong Kong.

The China Daily, the country's official English-language newspaper, said she had been declared 'brain dead' and could die at any time.

But News website Shanghaiist said doctors at General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command confirmed she had died from "severe brain injuries".

Closed-circuit TV footage obtained by Southern Television Station shows a white van hitting the girl, one of its front wheels driving over her body. It then pauses momentarily, before driving away, running her over with its back wheel in the process.
    Three people then walked past, before a truck drove over her, the driver not appearing to notice. More than a dozen people then walked or drove past the badly-bleeding girl and either ignored her or did not notice her.

Finally, after seven minutes had passed, a woman collecting rubbish runs to her aid, picking up her motionless body before her mother runs outside and carries the girl away.

Yue Yue's father, 31, who did not give his name, told the Post, "I wonder if the driver tried to kill my daughter because he thought that by doing so he wouldn't have to pay as much compensation?"

Both drivers were arrested, and the driver of the white van was said to be being held by police.

Yangcheng Evening News quoted the man who first struck Yue Yue as saying, "If it was you who hit someone, you'd run too. You can see the little girl, looking around when she walked. If she walked properly, how could I hit her?"

In response, one user of Sina Weibo, a Chinese microblog similar to Twitter, wrote, "This society is seriously ill. Even cats and dogs shouldn't be treated so heartlessly."

i know most of you have heard this story and if there is human feeling left in the world then you would be feeling angry and rightly so....
    if a small child wakes up one morning and decides to build a house out of his blocks or lego and when finished sees it is wrong or isnt right the small child will not try to fix it they will destroy it and start again....

i read and read and learn and learn i have studyed the human race for more years than i can remember i have studyed religious beliefs and social and politics the human mind its behaviours its habits i have tried so damn hard to understand humans and why they do what they do gods aside no gods aside this is the most soul crushing story i have read in a long time infact i have never come across anything as sad and tragdic as this.........

forgive me for ranting but my one conclusion is that the human race is a virus on this planet a planet it really is only renting....

i know not everyone is as scummy as the animals that walked pass her but i am so fucking anger and upset that this happens in todays world....

as for the little boy and the building blocks imagine the little boy is whatever god you follow and the blocks are the human races growth as humans....

i think you see what i am saying....

again i am sorry for the rant and the anger but enough is enough humans dont deserve this beautiful gift of life this planet this freedom to do what ever they want...

i know not everyone is the same and there is no excuse for why those people walked by NO EXCUSE WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need to understand why and i cant find the answer i..............

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not doubting you, but I just don't believe it. I know there are people that do walk past incidents, but I just can't believe or get my head around the fact that people would just walk on by, while a child lay bleeding and injured.

2. jcmayer777 profile image65
      jcmayer777posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I saw this on Yahoo yesterday, I think.

It's sickening.  In my line of work, I see this type of thing happen.  I can tell you, this type of thing happens a lot.  I haven't necessarily witnessed it to the extreme of this, but all kinds of people "just mind their own business" and "don't want to get involved." 

It will never cease to amaze me how 20 people can witness a man beating the tar out of his wife and do nothing about it.  Not even a frickin' phone call. 

Of course, there are some very different sides of people that I've seen over the years - some have gone to great lengths to protect and aid their fellow man.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

I believe first and foremost you need to be with real live flesh and blood beings, not online.

I advise you call someone to come over and talk with them.

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

this did happen and worse they have the whole thing on cctv as for being with live flesh and blood tried that and still do but this has knocked my faith in the human race time for talk is pointless when the world has such animals in it animals that leave a dying child on the side of the road like a piece of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! anger is only the tip of how i feel right now i thought if i looked hard enough i would find one saving grace for humanity but right now i cant see the wood for the trees?????

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there are many people here that would disagree with you.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Believe me I understand your feelings. I was a prison guard for a few years so I know exactly how low human beings can go. I have come to the conclusion that in some cases the being in question isn't, in my estimation, even human (in the spiritual sense not the biological sense).

I am not a shrink and am not qualified to give advice as one, but from one human to another... for what it is worth...

As I understand it, the human brain has built in defense mechanisms. Designed to protect the body/brain during trama. One of these mechanisms is selective sight. That is where if a person sees something so horrific it risks driving them crazy,  the brain will shut off the nerve impulses so the 'person' fails to 'see' what they are seeing. Soldiers in combat will/have verified this. Later, slowly, the person's brain and memory come to terms with what they experienced. Sometimes even trained professionals can't see what is happening right in front of them.

The driver may have experienced something of that, or something like that, his extremely poor judgement may be a result of shock and the shut down of his cognitive functions for a while.

I could and would hate him if I thought he ran her over on purpose, and out of cruelty, tortured her before driving away, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. I have had dealings with the type person I just described and believe me they are worse.

I hope that helps.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Who are you addressing?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The OP, Knight6

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Ok, was a little confused (doesn't take much for me to be confused smile

3. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

People have different values and in China,female infanticide was a very real solution to the population problem; not too long ago so female children had less value.
    of course I am not siding with what they did..
    Other cultures  have different values than us

1. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Um, no.  You can see cases like this all around the world including the US where people ignored a women screaming for help as she was raped and killed. The people of China were the ones who were outraged and spread this video and the message that the behavior it shows is unacceptable.  If it seemed normal to them, it would never have reached our screens because the video owner would not have given it to the Chinese media who would not have aired it so that a version went online.

The message is that this is unacceptable to everyone everywhere.

4. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

This is a horrible story. And I can see it has struck you to the core. There are things that happen that are horrible, but you can't use the worst that people can do as your window on what humanity is.

People do loving and selfless acts everyday. There are billions of good hearts in the world. This was one tragic and heartless moment.

5. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I read this story yesterday on the BBC news. They put forward the theory that people didn't rush forward to help because there have been a couple of high profile cases recently where people have helped other, injured people on the streets only to get hit with the hospital bill!
    But these were older people -  a child - a tot - a baby - something or someone human nature nurtures, and people still walked on by.
    This takes China to a new low. It is also true that the people making the most fuss about this case, is other Chinese people.
    In a country where baby girls have been de-valued, I find this sign hopeful for humanity.

6. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

It's a sad story. It's just as bad as a story about someone in New York City getting robbed by knife point and trying to prevent the robber from being successful the person was stabbed once or twice. The people on the street did nothing.

It's pitiful. It's pathetic. And, simply shows that there are too many people just looking out for themselves.

7. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

I couldn;t find orginal BBC story that I read but go this instead http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_ … %3Drelated

8. recommend1 profile image60
    recommend1posted 12 years ago

This story is the top talking point in China, the subject of University discussion and all over the newspapers and is viral through the Chinese blogging community.  The questions here are about what to do about the conditions that cause this kind of response.

There are two underlying problems, one is the basic problem of poverty among wealth which is the inevitable result of rapid development; this means that anyone getting involved is liable to be accused of being complicit and also likely to be the only one left to 'sue' as it were.  This makes helping people sometimes an expensive option as it can be a trap, with various friends and family around who step forward to witness that you caused the accident or whatever.  Secondly the percieved 'law' is archaic and kind of makes you responsible for what happens (in the same way as western law will penalise you if you apply incorrect first aid and kill or damage someone at the road side) this means that if the victim dies in your care you might have a problem.

The normal 'bad accident' scene is people standing at a safe distance calling the emergency services, often staying on the line to guide the ambulance and police to the scene and also staying to give their statement if they saw what happened.

The whole of China is debating this at the moment, I will let you all know if and what any change comes from it.

Yahoo have reported it as it is reported here in China
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/china-soul-sea … 07496.html

9. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Recommned you have written so eloquently what I tried to say having read about it. Thank you smile

I hope you haven't got a slapped account because your response here reads really well.

I look forward to hearing more about this from an 'insider' such as yourself.

1. recommend1 profile image60
      recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your smile

but why would I get a 'slapped account ?  in fact what do you mean ??

10. SomewayOuttaHere profile image62
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

...wow....and yes, good response R1...that's so very sad...

...i just went through the "normal bad accident" scene and have felt so much comfort in knowing that folks stayed and tried to help....long story...i know i'd be tormented right now if i knew that people passed by - i would not understand for the rest of my life...the folks that were at the scene contacted me (they made a point of tracking me down) a month later to tell me what they did and to say they hoped I'd find peace - accident was in California - I'm Canadian as some know.

Thank you to those folks in California...

...Peace....

Knight6posted 12 years agoin reply to this

thank you all for your input and i must say sorry again for the rant it was selfish of me too pour out onto the pages i am meant to observe and question not feel to those who walked pass the little girl and did nothing your time will come and some day in the future yye too will need help but none will come.

as a side note to this topic i did forget to mention that the one person who did stop and try to help was a homeless old woman to all who read this i ask when next you pass a homeless person remember it was a homeless person who stopped to help the little girl show the same kindness to homeless people for who knows one day you or your loved ones might be helped by one.

to finish the only ray of humanity in this story is the fact that someone with nothing give the only thing they had to that little girl a hand.........there may be hope for the human race?

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think the homeless old woman is a fabrication.  The news here says it was the rubbish collector, and this would be most likely as they are everywhere all the time, and there are very few truly homeless people in China, most have some kind of home, however poor.

There is a tasteless trend in news stories for some to try to falsely magnify the emotive issues by adding false bits - this just obscures the reality in the same way that religion obscures real right and wrong.  Not saying you have done this Knight6 - you have probably just just passed it on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)