Judge William Adams beats daughter

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (30 posts)
  1. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

Literally shaking from watching this. Have you all seen this video yet? Apparently she made it years ago but just released it last week. http://youtu.be/Wl9y3SIPt7o Warning...it is very hard to watch.

Here's an article on it as well. http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill … t-revenge/

Never too late for revenge.

1. John Holden profile image61
      John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Truly, truly horrendous.

I watched it some five minutes or so ago and only now feel able to respond.
      I've been through some ups and downs with my daughter but she knows that whatever happens between us I will never do her harm.

Take it like a woman!!

2. peterxdunn profile image61
      peterxdunnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Man, I would dearly love to kick that guys head in. I'm 56 years old. I grew up at a time when it was acceptable to slap a child or administer a 'clip-round-the-ear'. I wasn't particularly well behaved as a youngster so I was often at the receiving end both at home and at school. But I've never seen anything comparable to this. This is totally beyond the pale.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Disgusting. I wonder if the statute of limitations has expired? Adams should be in jail.

1. I am DB Cooper profile image63
        I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I've been told (albeit by an "internet lawyer") that the statute of limitations has not expired. Apparently for the particular charges he would be facing the statute of limitations is 10 years in Texas. I'm not sure if that's 10 years since the incident or 10 years after the minor turns 18 (which is how it is in some states), but either way it hasn't expired.

This judge tried desperately to wipe this story off the internet, but the Reddit community was all over this story and their efforts (including saving the video and reposting back on Youtube and other sites) have made sure he doesn't get away with this sick behavior.

4. seattleamilehigh1 profile image60
      seattleamilehigh1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

The guy is a monster, period. That girl got a whooping I've never seen on a football field or wrestling match,  and I've seen alot of both from a competitors stand point. That guy couldn't justify what he did, no matter what that GIRL did. The fact she waited so long to say something is odd, but she is probably suffering from some extreme control issues with the guy that we can't even begin to understand. Wait till he goes into General Population in prison (granted IF he ever got there), then he'll see how child abusers really should get treated.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

I was beaten regularly with a belt by my father. My mother used to stand by screaming, which just made it worse. Once the buckle caught one of my fingers, which remained swollen for days.

I guess it was just the normal thing for kids growing up in the 1950s-60s.

1. Disturbia profile image60
      Disturbiaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes it was very normal.  My mother would beat me with the solid wood back of her hairbrush all the time.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65
        Ralph Deedsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not for me. I don't recall ever being spanked. Of course I never did anything to deserve it. :-) Or, at least I never got caught.

3. theherbivorehippi profile image65
    theherbivorehippiposted 12 years ago

wow...well for someone who was never spanked...this is not normal. The fact that this couple went back and back and back again is abuse. This isn't a spanking for discipline, this was seven minutes worth of abuse. Telling her to "take it like a 16 year old"...come on. And, this guy has been a judge all these years. I find it shameful. I understand that some people believe in spanking (I personally don't) but when you repetitively strike a child over and over with a belt on her legs, back and arms while swearing at her.....you're just a piece of shit in my opinion

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 12 years ago

"I will beat you into submission" -- I don't care how many people do it or used to do it, that is not okay.

5. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 12 years ago

The really horrible thing is that this guy is apparently a family court judge and has ruled, among other things, that lack of video evidence is grounds for dismissal in child abuse cases. You have to wonder how many other kids he's left in abusive situations. sad

http://judge-william-adams.pissedconsum … 10581.html

http://cashadvancecomplaints.com/2011/0 … -his-time/

I hope this sack of s*** goes down. mad

6. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

I watched the video and some may not like what I have to say.

I had a belt placed on my rear end a few times when I was young. Apparently she had been downloading illegally and had been warned about what she was doing. I am not going to say what  he did was not wrong, but he did not slap her on her face, neck etc. He asked her multiple times to turn around so he could smack her bottom. There is always more to the story that leads up to a whipping. She placed the camera in the room for a reason. She knew that she was going to be in some type of trouble and we did not hear that conversation until the parents entered the room.

We also did not know what happened after everyone left the room. I do feel bad for her because his father put full force into the whipping but how many months did he tell her not to do it?

I don't believe in spanking my own children, but my parents did and I turned out just fine. I am not bitter nor angry, it stung I do remember that, but it hurt my feelings more. tongue

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That was not a spanking.  It was a full fledged beating with a leather belt. 

To me it brought thoughts of the whippings we hear about on women accused of adultery or such under Islam.  Under the laws of our country it was most definitely "cruel and unusual punishment".

theherbivorehippiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agree.

2. Repairguy47 profile image61
      Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

That wasn't a spanking that was an assault. Most abusers don't hit their victims where the marks would show, in other words he was experienced. Whoever it was who said I hope the sack of shit goes down, trust me, Texas don't play.

1. John Holden profile image61
        John Holdenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

+2

3. theherbivorehippi profile image65

You think that it's okay to hit a child that many times as long as he didn't hit her in the face? Are you serious? So it's okay for women who end up with broken ribs and bruises all over their bodies because their spouses are smart enough to not give them black eyes? And you think that because she didn't turn around and LET him hit her in the ass that he had the right to hit her that many times elsewhere? Give me a f-ing break. I often wonder what goes on in minds of people who justify such actions or defend monsters.

Yes, I know the story and I'm aware she was downloading illegal music like EVERY OTHER teenager was doing 7 years ago...like MOST of us were doing when Napster was hot. I don't care if she stole money from her mom's purse or clothes from a mall. Nothing gives someone a right to strike a child with that amount of force and anger that many times. Did you see how many times he continually came back at her? Both parents are guilty. Who knows why she put that camera there....maybe because it wasn't the first time and she finally had the balls to record it?

1. Repairguy47 profile image61
        Repairguy47posted 12 years agoin reply to this

You go girl!

4. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was spanked as a kid sometimes, too, and I spank my own daughter occasionally, but that was not a spanking, that was a beating. There is NO comparison between one swift smack on the butt and coming back again and again with a belt over the course of nearly 10 minutes, let alone the vile things he and his wife were saying to the girl. The abuse in that family was clearly both physical and emotional.

As for illegal downloading, yes, it's wrong and deserved to be punished, but not by a beating, or even a spanking. Try taking away the girl's computer - that's a punishment that follows logically from the crime. tongue

7. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I read the article too. The judge says it isn't as bad as it looks. Totally unbelievable. If they don't bring charges against him and his wife then Texas should be ashamed.

1. wyo barney profile image60
      wyo barneyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Once or twice is a spanking, I've had a few myself, but that many times, with that amount of pure anger is much more then a spanking. Maybe a couple of months inside with the general prison population of a Texas maximum security prison may teach the differance to him.

8. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

"I'm feeling some regret for publishing the video because to ruin my own father is heavy indeed. But I really want him to seek help," the person identifying herself as Hillary Adams tweeted on a Twitter account.

In another tweet moments later, the person said, "Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person."

Hillary Adams, 16 at the time the video was made, suffers from ataxic cerebral palsy and that the beating took place

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/111102-hillary-adams-5p.grid-6x2.jpg
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45135221/ns … rHxAXIg9dM

9. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I just showed this video to my husband. He pointed out, from the conversation, it sounded as if the wife was accustomed to being beaten too. I think, if the daughter is just hoping her dad gets help; she is an amazing and forgiving young woman. I don't know if I could have forgiven such abusive and mentally unbalanced parents at such a young age.

1. peterxdunn profile image61
      peterxdunnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The guy is a pure misogynist. You could tell by the way he kept coming back and laying into the poor girl that he was actually getting off on it. These guys usually get worse and worse until they kill somebody - in most cases their wives. This is why he needs to be stopped and imprisoned. Don't forget there was a very young girl in that room too. What kind of traumatizing effect did the incident have on her?

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely. Physical abuse coupled with verbal abuse. He was bent on beating her into submission. I didn't have audio on when I watched it. When I showed it.to my husband I heard the wife tell her to take a beating like a woman. Our jaws dropped even further. That's one disturbed family. I wondered if she didn't post the video because her little sister was now getting the same treatment.

10. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 12 years ago

The spank-no spank issue comes up again and again.

If spanking is OK, where exactly is that line that, when crossed, turns a spanking into a beating?

Why can some parents raise well disciplined and well adjusted kids without ever raising a hand in anger toward them? Do they just have naturally good kids?

The vid of the judge shows how things can get out of control. Yes, most of our parents and ancestors spanked and were spanked, or worse. That doesn't mean we should continue the practice.

11. profile image54
    cubsphan34posted 12 years ago

Wow...disturbing comes to mind.  Ya know, some discipline is certainly ok, and I'm even ok with some spanking as well.  I was spanked sometimes as a child, most of the time I'd say I even deserved a little tune up if you will.  But I was never treated like this, nor have I ever seen anything like this.  If I did, I'd be inclined to do something about it.  Let's be real here too, this so-called "man" was getting off on this....he enjoyed it.  He even went so far as to state that he would beat his own daughter into submission.  Well stated in the post previous to mine...these guys get worse and worse until they kill someone.  This "man" certainly needs help and I for one hope he gets it.  Not only do I feel awful for the young woman involved, but I also feel bad for the mother.  To me she was attempting to defuse the this disgusting situation the only way she knew how, and was herself a victim of abuse.  I believe it takes a brave and strong person to stand up like this, to seek help for the person who did this ugly act....her own father.  Way to rise up!

12. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

not fit to be a parent..sorry for those who use physical punishment as a way of disciplining, but that is being mean, meanie, meanie, meanie...meanie, meanie raise to the gazillion power..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)