I'm Addicted to Coke-help

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (53 posts)
  1. R.S. Hutchinson profile image70
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

I'm addicted to Coke (the soda- silly!) - what's your vice. (oh and the "help" was just to lure you in and look, it worked! smile

1. mio cid profile image59
      mio cidposted 12 years agoin reply to this

on a serious note,  a glass of coke with your meal is good for your digestion, this goes unnoticed because most of us usually drink gallons of it, also if children have a cold or the flu  doctors in my country recommend giving them coke instead of milk as long as they have a lot of flem.

1. Joe Macho profile image81
        Joe Machoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Coke aids with digestion because it is a strong acid. Phosphoric acid I believe. I wouldn't really recommend making it a regular thing as stomach and digestion problems can also arise from even one glass of Coke a day. I've always been under the belief that Police officers carry raw coke syrup in their cruisers to clean blood off roadways...

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

keep drinking hmm:

that's what i do

big_smile

3. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps this hub will be of some help! http://hubpages.com/hub/Coca_Cola_-_The_Wonder_Cola

Best Regards

4. 2besure profile image80
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There are cancer causing chemicals found in Coke.  It that enough to make you stop drinking it?

http://www.cspinet.org/new/201102161.html

5. plinka profile image53
      plinkaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Cold turkey is the solution. Just stop having it.

6. cmontijo profile image60
      cmontijoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was addicted to Coke hmm and was fat...after I stopped drinking coke I lost like 20 pounds automatically less sugar means less carbs = less fat and weight

2. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 12 years ago

Funny thing.. I'm addicted to Diet Coke and Mentos.  Usually at the same time.

R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmmm.. do you ever explode?

1. Urbane Chaos profile image91
        Urbane Chaosposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Occasionally, but that probably also explains why I'm addicted to Elmers. big_smile

3. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

I have strong cravings for Diet A&W Root Beer.

When I think of A&W Root Beer, I think of Ice cream floats.

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image70
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 12 years ago

I'm convinced that some people only read the titles and dont actually read the posts wink

5. Julip Manor profile image59
    Julip Manorposted 12 years ago

Caffeine....mainly in the form of tea.  Must have it....drive around to all the best places to get it, even if I'm not heading in that direction.

1. Monisajda profile image61
      Monisajdaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love tea, too. But here I must do with my own brewed tea. There is no place that serves tea that I like. Who wants to drink tea that is served in a plastic or styrofoam cup? I love fine things so I drink it from my china and carpe diem.

I grew up on Tea (southern boy with southern momma) and we had tea for EVERYTHING! But, I stopped cold turkey when I was 17 and never looked back! Coke on the other hand has proven to be much much worse.

2. Julip Manor profile image59
        Julip Manorposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I love home brewed.....and I only drink out of glass at home.  That is so true.....it does taste better out of glass!

6. Traqqer profile image66
    Traqqerposted 12 years ago

You might as well ask for a million dollars. I don't think there is a cure.

Challange accepted.
      Can I have a million dollars?

1. Traqqer profile image66
        Traqqerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Here you go:

$1,000,000

I love giving away electronic money. I've done my good deed for the day!

Heck, here's another 50K:

$50,000

Now go buy yourself a nice car and suit, and take your wifey/hubby for night out on the town....you deserve it.

If I had a wife and a hubby that would be interesting. I have neither so it's all mine! And thanks. I'm going to print this legal binding contract out and take it to the bank and get my deposit. (pics of car and suit to follow shortly)

7. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 12 years ago

My sister is addicted to Coke, for as long as I can remember. It starts as breakfast the same way I enjoy a coffee. My addiction is coffee and then later in the day (night) red wine, so who am I to judge?

1. Traqqer profile image66
      Traqqerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There's just something about the taste of coke that is irresistible. If only they could make one with little to no calories and which won't cause cancer in lab animals (e.g., whatever they put in diet coke).

1. platinumOwl4 profile image72
        platinumOwl4posted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is a reason its irresistible. It is no accident that coke is the number one cola. There once was some powerful ingredients in this drink.

Once cocoa cola had a commercial jingle that goes something like this: It's the real thing in the back of your mind. must people ask for "coke" The bottler claims everything goes better with "Coke"

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 12 years ago

Coke is lovely with some vodka mixed in, but on its own it's not up to much IMO.

9. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Yeah I have around 3 cans of coke a day lol

I have tried to cut back to only two/day which is usually at dinner.. and for me that is really good! I used to drink it from sun up to sun down kinda thing.

10. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

Two a day is two too much.  I don't know how old you are, but there will come a time (maybe) when you'll want to protect your kidneys and your liver.  My vice was a Mountain Dew habit for about 10 years, and walked around with 40 extra pounds because of all its sugary sweetness.  What does phosphoric acid, caffeine and the other ingredients listed on the can do for you?  Nothing.  When I quit, I was in massive pain from the withdrawal headaches.  For days, it felt like someone was hitting me in the head with Thor's hammer.  No kidding!

Oh no, I agree!! I am trying to stop . I too used to be very addicted to Mt Dew.. I used to drink 3-5 bottles a day!! I took me several years to wean myself off it and the only way I could do it was to start drinking coke. Now I'm slowly weaning myslef from that.

1. charlesspock profile image76
        charlesspockposted 12 years agoin reply to this

3-5 bottles of the regulr mountain dew or did you go for the dew rainbow, and get the red green and blue varieties

11. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

I'm a coffee and diet coke kinda person.  I'm trying to go decaf, I think it's healthier.  I don't notice the difference, that much.

12. slmorgan profile image60
    slmorganposted 12 years ago

Maybe you could try sparkling water with juice or Italian soda added to taste. Reduce the amount of natural juice or Italian soda you add each day until you have only sparkling water or sparkling water and lemon or lime slices.

13. Philpott Online profile image58
    Philpott Onlineposted 12 years ago

I'm a diet coke addict my self. Taste great with no calories. However, everytime I try to stop I get horrible headaches. I know it's not good for me and I'm just not sure what to do. For now, just keep drinking.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The headaches are withdrawal effects from the chemicals ,perservatives ,acids etc etc.

Try drinking half a glass..n wean yourself off very slowly.

14. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 12 years ago

Okay, how's this?
    It's a robber who gets by with his dirty work, not often getting the blame for robbing people of self-control, money, the best health, etc..  That's true of any addiction. 
    It's also a killer who gets by with his dirty work, almost never getting the blame for killing people's opportunity to be their best in life, nor for killing their health in little bits and pieces and contributing greatly to the final demise of people's bodies in this life.
    I read many of the posts and skimmed the rest.  smile  One said that the acids and other ingredients do nothing for our bodies, but they are royally wrong.  They do much for our bodies, none of it good. 
    I am addicted to the stuff of this topic.  The sight of the red label makes my mouth water, but if I drink it I don't feel as well as if I don't drink it.  I've done the reading.  I say no to it 99.9% of the time. 
    That other 1%?   Boy do I enjoy that rare coke, but my body always reminds me of how foolish I was to drink it and I am at the age where it reminds me in short order, so my 1% is diminishing. 
    There is plenty of info on the ingredients contained in colas.  Caffeine presents problems, but it's the least of one's worries, particularly where diet sodas are concerned. The withdrawal is worth it.  Make up your mind.  Best wishes! 
    My helpful tip?  When I look at it I say the word "poison" in my head, sometimes out loud.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

I just went cold turkey -no soda for 12 days..only water with the occassional glass of juice.

But today had Pepsi and could not stop drinking it, hmm, so good,and addictive.

Oh well going to enjoy it ,then quit buying any for as long as I can hold out wink

16. 4tune profile image59
    4tuneposted 12 years ago

Couldn't offer any help as I sit here with a cold frosty diet coke that at least did not explode in the freezer tonight, I like em colder than hell.

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I have to literally stay away from the stuff, If I'm near it I can't resist.

Don't buy it

Don't let others buy it for you

Don't watch the commercials

Stay away from KFC, McDonald's, Burger King, and all the other places that you can refill

Stay away from the supermarket and gas stations

Oh, I'm thirsty....got coke? lol

1. profile image52
        beckfeelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile big_smile

17. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 12 years ago

Ive given up buying it, and now only do water with maybe orange juice or home made iced tea, to break the boredom...

Been 3 weeks now, so glad to be rid of 48grams of sugar from every can. Diet tates disgusting and just more chemicals..

Wont say I will never drink Coke again ,but least now I know ,I dont have to have it.

Gotta say too ,certain foods like hamburgers or fried foods ,I could never have ever imagined NOT having some kind of soda/fizzy,I mean they went together like twins....but not anymore lol ( I separated the twins -lol)

18. froch profile image60
    frochposted 12 years ago

Try to find opportunities of coke. It is unhealthy, expensive, addiction-able... This way of thinking will be helpfull for you.

I wrote a hub about this but I will not link it here because it is not allowed.

19. profile image52
    beckfeelposted 12 years ago

I just can't get my mind off coke! I love the taste but I feel i'm bloating sad

20. froch profile image60
    frochposted 12 years ago

I will not write about bad effects of overdoing cola - I'm absolutely sure that you are similar with it.

I will give you a link to Hub about addictions. I'm sure that it will be helpful in addiction-fighting ;-)

http://froch.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-qu … save-money

Have a nice day and good luck!

1. profile image52
      beckfeelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

thanks! smile

21. thighhighchick profile image60
    thighhighchickposted 12 years ago

Pop rocks, LOL

22. profile image0
    Home Girlposted 12 years ago

Our food is our habit. We ask for it.
    http://s4.hubimg.com/u/5454111_f248.jpg

It's NOT funny at all.

23. profile image0
    jenuboukaposted 12 years ago

Oh how I love the fizzy sugary goodness.  What I do is fill up a glass with crushed ice, helps keep the tingle burn you get and pour ONE can over the crushed ice, and sip with a straw.
    If you are serious about cutting down, do the above and sub club soda.  It gives you the tingle burn minus the sugar and acidity.

24. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 12 years ago

Here is why Soda Pop is so toxic to the body

http://healthbeatnews.com/the-deadly-po … -soda-pop/

25. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

Switch to Pepsi.

Minute Maid lemonade ain't so bad either.

26. Paul60605 profile image61
    Paul60605posted 12 years ago

My vice is cigarettes and I do actually need help. I know the best way is to go cold turkey but I just don't feel the pressing need to quit.

1. charleigh345 profile image61
      charleigh345posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My vices are cigarettes and coke a cola! But, am going to have to limit my coke as I found out that my Cholesterol was high. I never knew that drinking so much coke as I do? Would create that problem. So, am starting to add club soda to it, so that I can withdrawl from it without the headaches. But, I have never gained weight. That could be because I have always been active. But, after finding out my numbers this last month? I almost had heart failure!. LOL.. But on a serious note. A Dr actually started me smoking at the age of 23! Because I have exzema? Appearantly when my father was in the Army this is what they had him do. Though he lived to be 92 years old, I could not believe that a Dr would have condoned this. But, go figure. My Dr at the time? Had been a Military MD as well!  So, that got me started smoking and it wasn't hard as I was around smokers! Now? I am the only one that smokes and I want to quit. However I need to find someway to do that. Chantix doesn't work for me! Any ideas? Besides cold turkey? That has not helped at all.Great Hub!

27. profile image57
    iboboyposted 12 years ago

May you should try taking squeezed vegetable juice

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)