Were humans much more advanced centuries ago...

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (49 posts)
  1. arksys profile image83
    arksysposted 12 years ago

I recently watched a documentary on nat-geo about the pyramids and machu picchu and other archaeological sites ... it talked about the way the stone is cut to such precision, which cannot even be matched by stone sculptors with all the advanced equipment we have today... the huge rocks used in construction which our current equipment cannot handle ... it also discussed the carved images in egypt, america, peru and other sites which all had something like a birds or a spaceship type image referring to something that came out of the heavens or the sky whom they worshipped.

If man did make these well known sites, do you think it's possible that humans were actually far ahead in technology than we are right now but got wiped out somehow?

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell this to puffed up science who believes himself to be knowledge in it's own ignorance...

Science is merely just another ignorant tool used by Life to achieve its own end.

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That's definitely spoken like someone who likes to pretend to be enlightened.

1. kirstenblog profile image79
          kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Tell me about it! roll
          I tend to find that those who speak with the most certainty are the ones least able to speak with any authority at all.

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
            couturepopcafeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She said with authority.  (couldn't resist that one)  wink

2. kess profile image61

Glad you are able to stand as a judge over these matters...

And your judgement can only true unto you.

1. profile image0

Not a judgment. Simply an observation. Those who are wise have no need to hurl insults or label the search for knowledge ignorance.

1. kess profile image61

Through your observations. you cast judgement as that's the way you must live...whether you understand it or not...

So you seek to judge right and you would be fine.

I have stated things exactly as it is...
              Now its better for you to break yourself by it or...it will break you...

1. Cagsil profile image70
                Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol lol Says Mr. Wordplay. lol

2. profile image0

By that token; did you not cast judgment by using the word idiotic when refering to a search for knowledge? You have stated things exactly as you perceive them. Not necessarily as it is. Those who close their minds to knowledge are in jeopardy of an atrophy of the spirit. I don't think it will break you, but it will certainly hinder your journey.

1. kess profile image61

Point is... cast True Judgment and you are fine...

The term "idiotic" was created by the world for themselves..so if I describe any of the world as idiotic then it is because it is indded so, and this is according to their own understanding.

If any of the world see themselves as "idiotic" as it is indeed, then they are able to move beyond this world...

...so which is better this world or beyond it?

Those of the world will never agree with me and if they do, it would only be to promote themselves and the world... 

So even when I speak for the world still they cannot understand.

Now I would ask you?
                  What is the point of seeking if there is nothing to find?
                  What the point of journeying if there is no destination to be reached?

I have sought and did find...
                  I  have journeyed and did arrive...

From such I speak...

So you now Judge this...
                  Have I spoken for you or against you?

Those of the world keep themselves blinded because they speak against the world whilst still in the world and even more so when the speak against the thing that is beyond the world.

Judge righteously and you would be fine.

1. profile image0

Well, one thing's for certain. You've apparently got better drugs than some I've run across.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Funny you should say that, Southpark's latest show is all about the History Channel and the fact that they do not represent history, but are only after ratings as they appeal to the gullible and irrational.

Funny how I've been saying that all along. lol

1. profile image0

lol You criticize something seen on National Geographic by referencing information you got from South Park?  Cute.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

Sure, why not, I only said it was funny and that it's what I've observed myself.

Southpark may just be an animated show, but Parker and Stone are dead on with their social and political commentaries.

True, that.

2. profile image0

Point to ponder. The OP references National Geographic, not the History channel. There isn't a lot of gullibility in wondering how much knowledge has been lost over the years, and where it came from. The engineering of the pyramids, the Antikythera device, maps of  the land mass beneath the ice of Antarctica to name a few. Archaeologists attempt to unravel the mysteries of the ancients every day. I wouldn't call them gullible.

Now, if they claimed to find an ancient  document that revealed who killed Kenny, I would definitely raise an eyebrow.

1. A Troubled Man profile image58

lol

lol

2. couturepopcafe profile image59

A tv show after ratings?  Why, whatever do you mean?

3. mom101 profile image61
      mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes. I feel they were more advanced than we are today.

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is possible in some areas of knowledge; like mummifying.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

I guess we've all wondered that. A documentary I watched on the Sphinx  once pushed the possibility. And we find oddities here and there that imply they came from advanced technology.

I think, if we found that was true and could understand how it happened; it might unify humanity. Make us see what is possible if we don't work together to keep it from happening again.

1. profile image50

I agree; it is a good point.

3. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
    Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years ago

I'll take it a step further.

Have you ever wondered why humans are the only animal on earth that requires something from other creatures in order to survive? I'm not talking about food, I'm talking about clothing. Every other animal has a natural protection from the elements. Why do humans need pelts from other animals?

Maybe WE are all aliens that were stranded here eons ago. Perhaps the technologies were ours but over time the machinery we brought with us failed?

Maybe we are the result of an interstellar ship-wreck?

hmm  You never know....

1. profile image0

So, maybe SETI is simply ET attempting to phone home. I like it. smile

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. Jeff Berndt profile image74
      Jeff Berndtposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"Why do humans need pelts from other animals?"

The short answer is, we don't. Not if we stick around the equator. We only need those pelts (or other clothing) if we want to go somewhere where it's cold, or there's no shade.

We used to move to where it was warmer when it got cold. Eventually we figured out that since the animals can live in cold places, maybe if we wear their skins, we could stay here when it gets cold instead of moving back south until it gets warm again. And what the heck, it worked!

A human in a tropical climate with enough fruit and veggies available doesn't need clothing (or even fire!) to survive. But clothing (with pockets) and fire sure do make life more convenient.

"Maybe we are the result of an interstellar ship-wreck?"
      With no artifacts, not even broken ones, left from the crash. Any ship that could survive an inter-stellar journey probably wouldn't have disappeared entirely. Any crash that could have utterly destroyed such a ship would certainly have also destroyed its passengers and crew.

The only way your theory works would be if the aliens intentionally marooned our ancestors here, without letting them keep any tech.

Or, maybe we aren't the descendants of aliens, and we're just Earthlings after all.

1. emrldphx profile image61
        emrldphxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they sent us here... earth was like Australia for convicts...

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image73
        Mikel G Robertsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

-Or- they had a beaming tech like 'Star Trek' and they beamed down seconds before the ship crashed and were only able to bring things they could carry in thier hands.
        -Or- The substance of the ship was an alloy that, once exposed to the atmosphere of Earth, reacted at a molecular level melting to a liquid state that was washed away with the rain and is now on the bottom of the ocean.
        -Or- roll

3. couturepopcafe profile image59

So we either got the reasoning mind and had to give up our protective coat, or we gave up the reasoning mind to get the coat.  Hmmm.

4. profile image50

The Creator God endowed humans intelligence; we can develop things; He endowed the animals means to survive in extreme conditions.

Praise be to Him.

4. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 12 years ago

Ultimate signs of evolution and human development---->

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WLSye23DL.jpg

So do you mean we evolved to the point where we need the above to clean our mess?  Or that we have become denagrated to the point where we have to use Cottonelle instead of Ultra Plush Triple Ply Quilted Charmin?  Or do you mean (and I know people who do this) we are now using toilet paper on our dogs?

1. Greek One profile image64
        Greek Oneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"yes"

5. distance2010 profile image59
    distance2010posted 12 years ago

in some sense i think humans were smarter years ago... have you heard about a house that had one candle and it lit the whole house and kept it warm?  well it was pretty old and scientists took the whole house apart and put it back together and the trick didnt work anymore.. so it must have been a genius design just like we could not build the pyramids

Hmmm...I think 'smarter' is relative.  Being smart at using what is available to you, like technology, is one thing.  Being smart at using what is available to you, like a sundial, tracking footprints, following the stars, is another.  The old ones were far more in tune with their natural abilities, yes, but smarter?  Don't know.  As a population, I think they may have been because today we see the 'smart ones' who come up with and/or invent the ideas and everybody else who simply relies on technology to get them through the day.

1. mom101 profile image61
        mom101posted 12 years agoin reply to this

i think couturepopcafe you have it nailed.

I do also think that nature is much more advanced than technology.

2. profile image50

"a house that had one candle and it lit the whole house and kept it warm?"

Please provide the reference.

1. profile image50
  6. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

It depends on what you mean by advanced. If you mean technologically or artistically, of course not. When did anyone ever unearth an ancient Egyptian silicon chip; a Persian Mercedes; a native American television; or Australian aborigine fridge freezer? When did anyone prior to the 20th century understand DNA, the cosmos, quantum physics?

When was any caveman art anything like the Mona Lisa?

No man has never been more advanced than he is today; just look at the evidence. Possibly more intelligent in the past, but obviously did not have the same set of skills as we do now.

Mind you, the world probably has far more stupid people today than ever before.

arksysposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol .... i agree with your last comment.

what if they used nature in a way we do not know to communicate instead of having a mercedes/television/fridge... maybe they understood the concepts far better than we currently do.

the mona lisa part i agree, their art wasn't really impressive.

so do you think they were helped by aliens with all the construction etc?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I once saw an episode of Ray Meers survival/living off the land programmes in which he travels the world looking for remote/isolated tribes and ethnic groups to see how they live. Ray Meers is an ex-SAS survival expert. He once met an African tribe that had lost the know how of how to make fire, so he 'reintroduced' to them the skills of fire making using local materials which he learnt from another tribe elsewhere in Africa.

The point I'm making is that yes we have lost many skills and lost touch with the natural environment, and it is still happening today. So building pyramids in Egypt and South America would have required skills that we have also lost.

No aliens required.

makes sense...

there is a tribe in africa at the moment who refer to a specific star all the time which is not visible to the eye, but they know of it exists and science proved it to be true ... they claim that someone visited them from that star and they celebrate the landing of the light every year from all those years ago. similar stories are found with american natives, and china ... where i remember them also mentioning the dragon breathing fire just like our space shuttles throwing out fire ... so could the chinese have seen shuttles and perceived them as dragons? possible i guess.

7. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

Or perhaps they were so environmentally and ecologically friendly that they made sure none of their junk was left to clutter nature.

exactly what i was trying to say... smile

8. Mikeydoes profile image44
    Mikeydoesposted 12 years ago

I'd say your first red flag would be the word "stone" when talking about technologically advanced.

9. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 12 years ago

Were humans much more advanced centuries ago...?

-- is the topic of the thread.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)