Who you Gonna call Jesus Christ or Paris Hilton?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    MP50posted 12 years ago

I was trying to educate myself on the most searched words on the internet.

I was surprised to see Paris Hilton is number one on the list?

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are not even on the the list?

I have no problem with our Sister Paris.

Jesus is the only faithful and true savior.

I hope Paris and her fans open the door when he knocks.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5797812.jpg

1. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

whats wrong in that...religion is loosing its place and it is good for human...all current religions are obsolete in its utility...humans would create new religion to get their answers , since answers given by present ones no more satisfy intellect...religion was created by humans , so till new one gets created let hilton steal the show...

1. profile image0
        MP50posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was not talking about religion, I am not religious, I was talking about Jesus being forgoten about and replaced by Paris. Thanks for you reply.

1. pisean282311 profile image62
          pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is savior is belief of 33% people in the world...rest 77% dont believe that....in same way goes for allah and so on...but most seems curious about paris hilton...at least results show that smile

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I believe Paris Hilton exists because she is on the holy list. Praise Google! lol

1. profile image0

Your post record is impressive, thanks for the input.

Kind Regards

MP50.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
      Jesus was a hippyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It is probably because Paris Hilton is real. I dont see unicorns on the top 10 search either.

4. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It might have something to do with Paris Hilton being an extremely HOT Woman!

And, there's no doubt about it. lol lol lol

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5803521_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5803522_f248.jpg

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5803525_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

Beauty is only skin deep brother.....but that does not mean our sister Paris is a bad person!!

1. Cagsil profile image69

I didn't say anything about beauty. I only implied that she be looked at. lol

1. profile image0

Nice one LOL......

2. Captain Redbeard profile image60
        Captain Redbeardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you kidding me?! A hot bed for herpes maybe....lol

1. Cagsil profile image69

Now, that's pretty rude. hmm Nice judgment from someone who claims to be religious. lol

1. Captain Redbeard profile image60

lol I am a poor example of Christ right now I admit. You're right. It was rude........I shouldn't have said that or thought it.

Rebuke taken sir. lol it was still funny......not good to say but funny.

5. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

There is a much more powerful network than the internet. It can be accessed by anyone...but only from within. If you know where to search, google is nothing in comparison.

1. profile image0

Good Answer......I will be following you..Thanks

2. pastorjerryl profile image60
    pastorjerrylposted 12 years ago

Hi MP50,
    It' more of a Google thing than a Jesus thing. In trying to SEO and optimize my posts so they can be found among hundreds of billions of other documents, I am learning to use keywords in titles, context, tags, etc. People don't go to Google and just type in Jesus; they use phrases, which is why you are getting low returns. Try searching phrases like "images of Jesus" or "learning to forgive" and you'll see much different results.

You won't find much usage for just plain words like Pastor, Jerry, L, or Lewis, but type my whole name into Google and see what happens, and it gets radical if you use quotes.

I appreciate your trust in Jesus and your desire that others find his grace as well. Keep the Faith.

1. profile image0

Thank You for Your constructive answer it cleared  a few things for up for me.

Kind Regards

MP50.

2. profile image0

Thank You for Your constructive answer it cleared up a few things for me.

Kind Regards

MP50.

3. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

Keep the faith?

Forgive me if I am wrong but to me that means "maintain your ignorance in the face of evidence and just assume that you are right".

As if faith is a GOOD thing.

1. profile image0

Thank You for all your kind and constructive comments. The only answer I can give you is show me another Christian like " Jesus Christ " and I wiil become one.....this has nothing to do with religion the bible or anything else....I just believe that Jesus is whom he claimed to be....we all have our own thoughts and opinions......otherwise what would be the point of having a free will? Jesus does not force anyone to believe in him by sword, by gunpoint or dropping bombs on your house....it is a personal free choice.....a case of its' there for the taking if you want it....how much more simply could Jesus have put it?

Kind Regards to all

MP50.

So you would base your belief on Christ through someone else's belief on him? I don't understand. If you are willing to say he was who he claimed to be shouldn't his say be enough?

1. profile image0

Thank You for your input.......what don't you understand? I base my belief on Christ himself not anybody elses' belief...yes that is enough for me personally.

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
              paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I just read your profile.

MP50, Maybe I misunderstood. I saw the post above my question that states, "Show me another christian like Christ and I will become one..." It just seems to be a statment that says you already believe Christ is who he claimed to be yet you will not follow him unless you see another following him judged by your own standards.

For me, if it were just me in a city full of hedonistic people I would still follow him regaurdless of the culture and community around me. I don't mean to push any buttons or be confrontational, I am just trying to understand your stance on the statement.

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

You cant force someone to believe in something. I guarantee you, no matter how much you were tortured, you could never believe in Santa claus.

I dont understand why you would assert that belief is a choice. Seems like a waste of a post if you ask me.

Well ya know, no one did lol

You apparently don't know anything about brainwashing. Ever heard of North Korea?

brain·wash·ing
               [breyn-wosh-ing, -waw-shing] Show IPA

noun
            a method for systematically changing attitudes or altering beliefs, originated in totalitarian countries, especially through the use of torture, drugs, or psychological-stress techniques.

Very first definition of the word brainwash shows us that, torture, is a most effective form of causing you to believe in something.

big_smile

1. Jesus was a hippy profile image60

I guarantee you I would never believe in santa claus. Maybe I just cannot relate because I am not weak minded and gullible like so many sheep...

1. profile image0

I understand....if Jesus was a hippy would you sit down and smoke one with him?

Or have you smoked to much already? Baa Baa Black Sheep.

2. profile image0

Baa Baa....better to go to heaven as a sheep rather than a non believer.

2. profile image0

Whatever are you talking about Captain..were you in North Korea?

He was talking about how storng minded he is and how no amount of torture could make him believe in anything. I just pointed out that the most effective form of brainwashing happens to torture. North Korea is probably just the most well known example of how easy it is to make people believe anything you want them too.

3. profile image0

Talk is cheap.

2. profile image0

Stay off the grass man it's clouding your vision.....

3. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

"Who you Gonna call Jesus Christ or Paris Hilton?"

As the other posts have so succinctly confirmed, it would depend on one's objective...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)