Do women like men who talk a lot?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (54 posts)
  1. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 12 years ago

If so what about or what not about?
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/2360620_f248.jpg

1. lizzieBoo profile image61
      lizzieBooposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like men who talk alot. I talk too much for most men though.

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

sex

3. Hollie Thomas profile image62
      Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

NO

1. Hollie Thomas profile image62
        Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not the ones who talk complete and utter BS.

1. profile image0

lol or hog the bathroom talking to themselves lol

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

it depends on what they are talking about and when, why, where...........timing is everything right?

what's with the pic of RD anyway? smile

1. LisaKoski profile image79
      LisaKoskiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think he posted the pic is because of the whole "you talkin to me?" quote

2. zzron profile image57
      zzronposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The picture just adds to the subject, it could be anyone.

3. LisaKoski profile image79
    LisaKoskiposted 12 years ago

I think it depends on the girl. In general most girls talk a lot already but I know there are a few out there who prefer to listen and don't say much and like guys who talk more. I like a good balance of conversation where we both talk pretty much the same amount. It's fine to talk lots, just don't talk about yourself the whole time!

4. AshtonFirefly profile image68
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

Depends on the woman, I guess. Some women prefer that men be quiet so that they can do all the talking smile And how much is "too much" or "alot" is going to vary from person to person, so...it's kinda iffy..

As far as what to talk about, women tend to really like a guy that knows about a lot about a variety of different subjects and can engage in conversation with wit and humor. For women, one of the things that are on the top of their list for attractive qualities in a guy are kindness, intelligence, and sense of humor. In my experience, anyway.

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 12 years ago

Well, let's see.....

Men prefer women, most times, with their mouth full, so they cannot talk? If you know what I mean(not me in particular). You know, the typical alpha-male egotistical sexist windbag so full of himself.

So women, I would have to say that most want men to simply obey, be kind and obedient....and speak when spoke to. lol (j/k)

1. AshtonFirefly profile image68
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

(applause)
      Finally it is admitted: that men are alpha-male egotistical sexist windbags who are full of themselves.
      big_smile

1. calpol25 profile image59
        calpol25posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yay!!!! ((((((Big Applause))))) big_smile

2. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Bad assumption Ashton. That's not like you. yikes

I didn't say all men are typical alpha-male egotistical sexist windbags. I said "the" typical alpha-male egotistical sexist windbags. Not all men are alpha-males. wink

:I You're right. Dang it.

But still...you said "Most." So. That's....a partial admission. So there.

tongue

1. Cagsil profile image71

Actually Ashton, you'd be wrong yet again. I said "most times"? lol Not most men. lol

Me= fail.
              GAHHH
              Okay. You win. Bah humbug.

lol

However.
                    your comments do not disprove the fact that men are  typical alpha-male egotistical sexist windbags. It simply proves you did not admit it.
                    Shame.
                    I shall not relent. I will fight for truth. Someday the truth will be known and admitted by all.

All men are not alpha males to begin with. All men are not egotistical either. All men are not sexist either. I don't need to admit all men are, because that would be considered lying and I'm not in the habit to lie.

Yes, there are men who are alpha males, this is a proven fact. And, yes there are men who are egotistical, again this is proven fact. And yes there are men who are sexist windbags, again this is a proven fact.

But, not ALL men can be classified into one category, just like ALL women cannot be. To do so, is pure unadulterated dishonesty. wink

2. profile image0

roll

6. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Geez Ron.... Good Question!

I hope this answer helps smile

It will take me a while to list all the things that Men Know in regards to Women!

Please Bear With me mate!

There You Go.....

See How Much Red Blooded Alpha Two Minute Terriers Knew About Women! big_smile

7. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

Whoever the picture is in the first post needs a shave badly. I would not want to be seen in such scruffy company. If it is a celebrity of some sort, that does not change my opinion.

If a clean, well presented man wishes to speak with me, the amount he talks is not important to me. What is important is that he speaks in a witty, erudite and intelligent manner about topics such as art, music, theatre, philosophy, and so on. It is equally important that he does not talk about cars, pop music, television or sports.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sheesh WA... the ONLY Ones left now all have beards, flatulence and talk a lot to themselves... but hey They ARE an Art in themselves and most can still eat without dribbling!

How Sad... sad

1. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Any surprise I prefer to be on my own now? lol

Hahaha.. Me too... And with strawberries like those on the plate.. I'm glad I'm Not Gay! smile

8. whoisbid profile image60
    whoisbidposted 12 years ago

Yeh, it really depends on the woman. I would say that women who gossip with other women probably like men who can't stop gossiping

I Don't Think So.... It's been proven that gossiping and loose tongues has a lot to do with an absolute absence of Pelvic Floor Exercises! yikes

9. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 12 years ago

A man who talks sensibly and listens, not just blabbing. He can talk more often bec. I don't talk a lot.

10. OutWest profile image57
    OutWestposted 12 years ago

I think men need to listen.

11. paradigmsearch profile image59
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

http://www.anri.barc.usda.gov/bnpcu/images/pig.jpeg
    Women's favorite definition of men. big_smile

Actually Para, you would be wrong with your picture. The most commonly used expression women use to describe men- "all men are dogs". wink lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image59
        paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4710128.gif
        ----------- paradigmsearch -----------

2. AshtonFirefly profile image68

LOL. yep.

12. That Grrl profile image72
    That Grrlposted 12 years ago

I don't like men who leave me to carry the conversation. But talking too much isn't good either. If someone is talking a lot they are usually talking about themselves, a lot.

13. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

It depends on what they talk about.  I loved my late husband dearly, but he loved history (too much) and sometimes he would go on and on about history of stuff... it was interesting the first five minutes but after that...

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/5895301_f248.jpg

I dated a guy who couldn't stop talking about his dead wife.  No second date for that one... ok, he didn't call me again.  I guess I wasn't a good listener.  Another one, who kept talking about past girlfriends... OMG!  Guys, we don't want to hear about your dead wives, ex-wives, past girlfriends.  We want you talk about us, to us.. how beautiful we are... to you.

I love men who have a great sense of humour.   I hate mimes and I'm not good in charade, so they have talk to make me laugh. wink

14. carolinemd21 profile image83
    carolinemd21posted 12 years ago

I would have to say sometimes. It depends on what they're talking about. lol. I love men talking about me for one, but who doesn't like that. I don't like men who talk about themselves constantly. That can bore you to death. Usually positive things about life are the way to go to keep some interest.

15. Fair2partlycloudy profile image57
    Fair2partlycloudyposted 12 years ago

A listener would be nice! smile

16. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 12 years ago

I love a man who can get excited enough to talk and talk about something (anything) besides sports and sex. That's incredibly attractive!  And I especially love a man who does not "talk down" as if a woman wouldn't understand the deep subject he's involved with -  treats me like an equal and never plays strong and silent.  Oh, and men who will answer your questions with thoughtful answers and not pretend not to hear things they don't want to hear or talk about.

17. etherealdabi profile image64
    etherealdabiposted 12 years ago

It could just be me, and and I could be getting the wrong impression entirely, but in my experience women generally DO like men who talk.  Maybe not a lot, neccessarily, but something worth saying, something a woman wants to hear, and something that's being said in earnest and not simply BECAUSE a woman wants to hear it. I mean, can we honestly generalize between only men and women as opposed to looking at it individually?  People are all different, and so many more factors are involved.  Two men can say the exact same thing to a beautiful woman.  One man is successful and handsome.  The other...not so much.  Heh.  But the woman would likely love to hear it from the first man.  The other, if she even chose to listen in length, would just as well be speaking to a brick wall.  This is a generalization as well.  Either way, no one wants to hear a bunch of crap.  You tell me I'm sexy and you have no ulterior motive for doing so, I could listen to you all day.  You tell me I'm ugly, and I'll accept the criticism, but I really don't want to hear about it in length.  The question just depends on so many things, like the relationship between the man and woman.  Heh.  Sorry.  Didn't mean to make such a long post.

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I like my man in moderation, he talks whenever necessary. My fiance talks way too much and it really gets to me. I had no idea he was so talkative.

I like the quiet but not silent type. He should know when to talk and when to shut up.

2. mega1 profile image80
      mega1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

didn't know you were such a talker? eh?  big_smile  now, I find that very very attractive!

tongue

3. yui lockhart profile image60
      yui lockhartposted 12 years agoin reply to this

yes! As a woman, I like a man with full of sense when it comes to his talking, and I really want a man to start the conversation and give a topic. It is a major turn-off when I am the one who started the talking. Silent water runs deep they say.

18. yui lockhart profile image60
    yui lockhartposted 12 years ago

I preferably like a man who is good at listening rather than the man who does a lot of talking. Agree?

I agree!

19. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 12 years ago

I like a man who knows how to talk sexy for long periods of time lol

lol lol

20. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Wind me up, give me a topic and I'll happily yap on for hours :-)

But you also need to know when to shut up and listen. 

Not that I know anything: we've only been married 44 years and a lot of these teenage marriages don't work out in the long haul.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)