What item was your first Amazon commision?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (27 posts)
  1. William Mahaffy profile image61
    William Mahaffyposted 12 years ago

My first commission was a whopping .28 cents.  Someone clicked on one of my links, and then bought a part for a Braun electric shaver.  The link came on a website that was completely unrelated to the item purchased.  I'll never forget how excited I was to find that first .28 cents in the account.

What was your first item sold, and was it related to your topic?

1. profile image0
      Daniella Lopezposted 12 years agoin reply to this

First item sold was a Doctor Who TARDIS replica... in which I earned $.50. It actually made me giggle when I saw that that's what had sold. =P

William Mahaffyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

LOL awesome.  I had to google that to see what it actually was.

2. shabarigirish profile image60
      shabarigirishposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Mine case too similar to most of others. I sold a book which was not listed in any of my hubs and it fetched me nearly $5.

3. Casey Strouse profile image61
      Casey Strouseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My first commission was like 20 cents from a pair of shoe laces.

4. srk4you profile image60
      srk4youposted 12 years agoin reply to this

My first commission was $0.71 for a book about Google Analytics. It was my first sale (from my other HP account which is now closed) and was within a month after I published a hub about it.

All of my hubs from the other accounts are now Squidoo lenses or blog posts.

5. nick071438 profile image56
      nick071438posted 12 years agoin reply to this

My total earnings as amazon affiliate as of press time is $11.69.  I have earned this for nearly 3 years affiliateship.  This earning copy which I am posting below includes my first amazon commission.

2. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 12 years ago

Interesting, I cant seem to remember what the first item was that I sold. But I can tell you that once your first sale comes it is not long before your targeted items start rolling in. Still from time to time I sell something that I havent a clue where it comes from . .

Just yesterday I sold a box of condoms and I have no condom hubs wink

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image76
      Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amazon sells Trojans? Wow, beware Greeks bearing gifts lol

2. redwards01 profile image68
      redwards01posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I somehow sold some lubrication which earned me 48 cents hmm

3. profile image0
    Daniella Lopezposted 12 years ago

Haha! Nice wavegirl...

4. William Mahaffy profile image61
    William Mahaffyposted 12 years ago

Haha wavegirl22, funny stuff.  I guess people do really buy anything and everything over the internet.  I'm just not that good of a planner to sit down and go "hmmm, I think in 5-7 business days, I'm gonna bump into someone to get jiggy with, so I better order some Trojans" lol

5. profile image0
    paxwillposted 12 years ago

Mine was a $200 college textbook. Made me $8 smile

6. leahlefler profile image95
    leahleflerposted 12 years ago

Mine was a big flat-screen TV. It was completely unrelated to any of my hubs and I made a whopping $22 in commission from that first sale.

It was also my first return. Bummer! smile

Now that would be a heartbreak.  Big commission, big return.

7. profile image0
    mikeydcarroll67posted 12 years ago

I haven't made any yet but hope to soon!

8. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 12 years ago

I haven't made many sales; I've earned less an $20 overall. My first sale was a ready-made costume from my hub on how to make a glow-in-the-dark stick man costume. I guess my hub didn't inspire them to make one of their own, LOL. I think the comission was something like $1.38. Everything else I've sold has been completely random and not related to any of my hubs.

I've been wondering if there is a way to see exactly which hub each item is ordered from, and what item spurred someone to click over to Amazon. I'm thinking there surely must be but so far haven't been able to figure it out. Please share if you will! Thanks!

9. JustMike profile image65
    JustMikeposted 12 years ago

My first and only sale was a Plan B skateboard which was off one of my hubs so I was pretty happy then they returned it so I actually haven't sold anything. Just gotten about 100 clicks. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it takes a bigger amount of clicks to get a clickthrough rate.

10. DonnaCosmato profile image88
    DonnaCosmatoposted 12 years ago

My first sale was from a hub about using dragonfly solar lights in the gardens. The sale was for two of the lights and I think I made under a dollar:)

11. freelanceauthor profile image60
    freelanceauthorposted 12 years ago

For me, small stuff like Kindle ebooks

i've wondered about this.  Do we get commisions on Kindle ebook sales?  Like 4% of .99?

12. Rosie2010 profile image68
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Mine was a pair of leg warmers.  I was so excited to see .40 cents in my Amazon account.  Yes, it was from my hub on leg warmers.

13. LadyMar profile image61
    LadyMarposted 12 years ago

I signed up and was approved for Amazon a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't checked to see if I've made any money.  Matter of fact, I'm not sure how to check it out.  I'll have to look into it.

As for Google Adsense, I submitted an application a couple of weeks ago, reason was that I had applied before.  I'm not aware of applying before, though around 2004 I did check into Adsense and how it work.  I'll probably try Adsense again in a few weeks.

I've just joined Hubpages in November so I'm still trying to find my way around.  I've still not gotten into back linking.

14. LadyMar profile image61

Oops, I meant that Adsense denied my application. . .

Interesting.  I wasn't aware that Adsense denied applications.  I've got a few websites outside of hubpages though that have their ads up.

15. JustMike profile image65
    JustMikeposted 12 years ago

Okay now I actually have a first sale. It was a silver locket from a hub I wrote about gifts for wives and daughters on Valentines day. So that is my actual first sale on Amazon. Now if I can just figure out how to do that once a month and once a week and once a day etc.

16. LadyMar profile image61

I never think to check Adsense or Amazon, because I just assumed I had sold anything. 

I just checked my Amazon account and I've made $1.12 since April 1, total of $27.95 from two orders.  A bandana and an eyelash/eyebrow color kit.  I write beauty hubs and did a hub on coloring eyelashes and eyebrows, so the color kit sold was probably from that, but not sure how I sold a bandana.

Adsense I made 27 cents last month and 32 cents so far this month.  I joined HubPages in November but didn't sign up for Amazon until March, ditto with Adsense.  I reapplied for Adsense and this time was approved.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)