Some of the loving comments left on hubs...

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (25 posts)
  1. WeddingConsultant profile image67
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Most recent:

ip: 63.99.110.164

Ryan Sirman  says:

Why dont you tell the people what they really want to hear? At least have the common decency to post what I have to say. And that is what do the corporations at all think about you? DO THEY CARE ABOUT YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL?????!? POST THIS YOU FUCKING SCUM PIECE OF SHIT. YOU WERE PROBABLY THE FUCKING LOSER IN HIGHSCHOOL WERENT YOU???? POST THIS OR I WILL FUCKING FIND YOU

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jeez.

What was the hub about?

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Look at it this way - at least he read it. smile

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The comment is crude and sophomoric until the last sentence where it becomes a criminal act.

2. livewithrichard profile image71
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Crappy comment there.  Here is a site that will allow you to track an ip address.  It will also give you a list of places where you can file a complaint of abuse. 

http://aruljohn.com/track.pl

Hope this helps.

3. WeddingConsultant profile image67

It's my most controversial hub...my "traffic getter" on shoplifting.

4. Lisa HW profile image63
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

That's certain a "lovely sentiment" they left, isn't it. 

I had one on a perfectly innocent Hub I wrote about being a "neat freak" (in answer to a request that asked whether being a clean freak is a mental disorder, to which I said that there are neat freaks who don't necessarily have OCD). 

Well, I got a "most lovely" comment that I wasn't about to post on something with my name on it.  When I didn't post it the person then immediately wrote another comment about "freedom of speech".   I, personally, welcome comments that don't agree with me; but this clown's remarks involved mentioning really crude, crude, stuff.  Sorry, I don't guarantee "freedom of speech" on my Hubs.  roll

5. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

Sick just sick I will have to check it out as that party did not have any need to be so derogatory.

6. Lucey Knight profile image59
    Lucey Knightposted 14 years ago

What a horrible and threatening comment.  I would report it for sure.  It is one thing to disagree with someone, it is entirely another to be rude and to make threats.  That is most unacceptable.

7. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

That comment is certainly beyond the limits of freedom of speech.  Cowards often think they can get away with threats and intimidation over the internet because they believe (falsely) that they cannot be identified.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

So...he was defending shop lifting. A way of "sticking it to the man"?

9. WeddingConsultant profile image67

He certainly was defending shoplifting. Most of my readers of that hub do because I score so well for the term how to shoplift. I guess I'm too good for my own good?...

(Feel free to steal that longtail keyword from me. Pun not intended).

I've actually had quite a few rude comments on that hub lately, hence the newly required comment approval. Something else that's funny, this Ryan kid's ip shows he's living in an Extended Stay Hotel...

Regardless, I take no offense and am not fearful of empty threats. I just thought I'd open the door for others to post their fun/rude comments. I can't be the only one receiving such editorial treats...

10. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Whoa-- that is interesting. I guess some people actually search terms for doing illegal stuff. Now someone needs to write "How to lie, steal and cheat your way to financial independence."

WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I love the idea. You first! wink

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Yikes! They seem to come out of the wood work every so often. A very colorful comment to say the least. Lucky that these are a rarity.
    regards Zsuzsy

12. Hup Challenge profile image66
    Hup Challengeposted 14 years ago

haha....I am loving the comments you're getting on there!

13. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

I would be totally freaked out, tongue lol ...single woman n all hmm but I would report it too but suppose if only repititous returns n comments tongue but I don't have any bad comments...yet hmm lol lol

14. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

I've been told I deserve to die a horrible death, that I am total loser and that I have no right to be on the Internet. You have to laugh at the sad people who think they can control the web by threats - its a lot easier to use SEO :-) I made a hub about my experience of controversy and why it can be so positive here http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-Onli … ious-Views

Dame Scribe - none of them would even be able to look you in the eye if you met in person- I certainly don't lose sleep over any bad comments I get

WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

haha I love it. Thanks for the great read Lissie.

Aren't there others who have had flaming comments? Sure makes for an entertaining read.

15. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I have not had any as bad as that! The threat he made is really stupid. Mark is right, it is a criminal act.
    My anti-religion hub http://hubpages.com/hub/The-biblical-go … psychopath has had a few interesting comments, but nothing worth posting here, I have had some really useful "tips" from negative comments, so I have only denied one or two nasty or meaningless ones.

16. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

O yes, got to be grateful for the *Deny* button big_smile should I get excited bout using it? tongue lol

17. Shirley Anderson profile image70
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Jeez, I came in here thinking that you got some really sweet comments, Pete.  I was all prepared to go, "Awww". Instead, I went, "Ahhh!"

I'm happy to say that I have never received anything like this.  I get the lovers not the fighters.  It probably has a lot to do with the topics I write.  Maybe I should experiment with writing something controversial.

Sorry someone did this to you!

18. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

http://www.hitzone.org/graphics/funny/images/fc008.jpg

How Rude!!!!

19. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Robee your image is just the right pic for this topic. I swear i was disillusionised by the topic and man some people have the nerve of posting a comment like that. Well like shirley said earlier in my newbie days i was so scared to post anything personal as was scared of offenceful comments. Well Lissie there is some strong advice there, this topic has some great insight here thank you wedding consultant for sharing this.

20. Miss Pink profile image59
    Miss Pinkposted 14 years ago

Oh dear. Looks like someone was frustrated.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)