"Suggested" suggestion...

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Cre8tor profile image93
    Cre8torposted 12 years ago

Perhaps I just haven't found the way but it seems like it would be nice to have a "suggested" button. This would post a hub we like to our profile page under our written hubs. Any thoughts?

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, but more importantly is how you've achieved a 100 profile score in only 3 weeks.  I checked one of your hubs.  Okay, but nothing special enough to merit your 100 score.  Do you work for HP as I've never observed this happen before.  This ought to be cool when everyone sees this.  smileyikeslol

ooooxxxx0000OOOO(:-<

Cre8torposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not exactly sure how to respond to that except...thanks and I'm glad whatever hub you read was at least okay. My initial hubs are my sort of trial run to learn with and from really. I suppose I didn't want to "blow" what might be a good hub until I further learn the ropes.

As for my score, no. I don't work at HP. I only know that it's comprised of more than just your hubs. (kinda like BCS rankings???) Can't say I can put a finger on it but based on your experience and reaction, I suppose I'm proud that I've been able to do so in such a short time and hope to keep it there. I suppose if everyone sees that would be a good thing too. :-)

Anyhow. Sorry for getting off track. I just thought it'd be good to be able to support our fellow hubbers with a "suggest" feature.

Well, Ive since taken alook at your other hubs and found most seem to be poetry.  Not something usually conducive to high scores either.  And no, it's nothing like the BCS I would imagine.  Not trying to disparage you personally and honestly not my intent, so I hope you don't take it the wrong way. smile

2. KeithTax profile image72
        KeithTaxposted 12 years agoin reply to this

More important than score, how is your traffic doing?

Still down roughly 60-80% since being sandboxed by Google.  Still making more on Adsense than on HPads, though!  Not worrying about HP anymore though. There are better places for my best work or that I am serious about. smile

3. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

frogdropping was at 100 after 3 weeks. big_smile

2. Cre8tor profile image93

I feel this ended up off track and fear getting "booted". Yet don't want to ignore your questions.

Randy, No offense taken. Just good conversation.

Keith, I agree. Being new, I don't know what to expect or what is considered good. As Randy has pointed out, I have some poems that I don't expect will draw in the masses but helped me to get aquainted with the site and make HP friends. The others are more useful and do much better. That said, now that I have more useful hubs...I'm trying to learn more about how to draw traffic. I'm completely new to online writing, trafficking, backlinking, etc...and am reading a lot on the matter. Thus, not many new hubs lately.

Again, I don't want to break any rules and thank you for your interest. I do. But really want to stick to the suggestion and see if anyone else thinks this would be a good feature. At least in this forum. (Am I worrying too much?)

3. Rosie2010 profile image67
    Rosie2010posted 12 years ago

Congratulations on your perfect hubber score after just being on Hubpages 3 weeks.  Amazing!  Well done, Cre8tor!

On the other hand, I hate to whine... really, I hate to whine... but... but I've been here on Hubpages more than a year, and my hubber score is still in the 80's. 
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-020.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-018.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/sad-016.gif

Thank you Rosie. I really am quite humble so this thread has really sort of embarrassed me.

I wish I could offer advice on what exactly has contributed to my score but fear giving misdirection as I am so new. I'm happy to answer any questions about my activities if anyone would like to message me...so long as I'm confident in the answers. Thank you again.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

It's because of writers such as yourself which caused me to start the other thread, Rosie.  It's not Cre8tor's fault he received the 100 profile score while those who have put out hundreds of worthy articles are slighted.  It is certainly a glitch of some sort.  smile

Oh and by the way, Rosie, it's against HP TOS now to use emoticons which have a link back to another site.  Yes I know, we've all been using them for years now but this is what HP has warned me about.  That's why I'm no longer allowed to use my traditional snake logo at the end of my posts.  But no big deal, I have now commissioned a new signature logo from one of HP's most noted artists and it will be unveiled soon!  smile

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Randy!  smile

2. Rosie2010 profile image67
        Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh Randy, I didn't know that we are not allowed to use emoticons of other sites.  Thanks for letting me know.  Sorry about your snake logo.

3. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't tell me - you're going to have a stick snake! smile

It will be a surprise, Wilderness!  There is much anticipation and rumor running rampant across the net concerning the upcoming unveiling of my new logo!  I hope it is indeed worth the debt I have incurred and the strings I had to pull to commission the work of this--at present--unnamed artist.smile

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I await the unveiling with bated breath.  Just don't put any watermarks on it... smile

4. Cre8tor profile image93

Does anyone think the suggestion was good?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I see nothing wrong with your suggestion. Welcome to HubPages.

Thank you. Seems it caused a bit of a stir but I see a lot of good hubs that I would like to share with Hubbers I've developed "relationships" with and it doesn't seem there's an avenue for that other than typing it in their comments which seems like the wrong place. Do you promote other hubs? and if so, how?

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome! You can share hubs through the HubPages feed. That feature is available on the feed itself and on the hubs via the "Share" button. However, better be careful about sharing your own hubs unless they have been revised, as the hubs are already shared with followers when first published. When sharing through the feed, your followers can see them.

Ahh, thank you. I don't intend to use this for self.

2. Randy Godwin profile image60

Not your fault for the stir, Cre8tor!  Suggestions are always allowed whether appreciated or not!  lol  Welcome to HubPages.  Sorry I delayed in saying this at the get go!  smile

(smile) No problem and thank you.

I can't even smile right... :-)

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Linking to your own Hubs in their comments is definitely a no-no here! 

The avenue for sharing your Hubs already exists.  If you've formed "relationships" with people, and it's because they're interested in your work, they will follow you.  That means they'll get notified automatically of every new Hub you write.  If you then remind them again (through your feed or sending them an email), some people will find that a bit too attention-seeking - especially if you write a lot of Hubs, which means they start to feel bombarded by your notifications.  There was another thread recently where Hubbers were saying that kind of behaviour often led to them "unfollowing" the person.

Of course, there will be some people you befriend, but they won't follow you.  However, that indicates they prefer not to be notified about new Hubs, for whatever reason.  If you then bypass that choice by notifying them in other ways, it would be a bit rude, wouldn't it?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yea sure please list my hubs under yours lol

Welcome to HP (if you are new) and if your are not welcome back smile

5. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 12 years ago

I think by his response he is talking about sharing/suggesting other hubber's hubs, not his own.

Yes, yes it is.

6. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Don't Worry mate!

Welcome to here... and Randy is merely missing his Double 00s - we call them 'Man-Boobs' where I come from! Some wear them better than others, I believe! big_smile

Good Luck with your writing ambitions! smile

Oh and for your suggestion.... cheers.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)