Religious prosecution!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Sky9106 profile image67
    Sky9106posted 12 years ago

There are these two questions that I have struggled with for many years , and since I have now seen quite a few believers on HP.  Give Thanks.
    I will go ahead and ask one of them, which may then may lead me to ask the other.

In these present times, is it within good standings as a believer, to run away from any kind of religious prosecution?

Bless.

1. Quilligrapher profile image72
      Quilligrapherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Prosecution or persecution? Big difference.
      Q.

Sky9106posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Persecution? My human error on that , knew what I mean never looked it up. Now I did still have a problem, but to be jailed, hanged,  or  plain out murdered for their religious beliefs.
        Great respect to you both. Great difference with who you speak to in life and on this forum.
        Bless.

2. sallieannluvslife profile image78
      sallieannluvslifeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You must rest on your faith and stand and fight for God's truth, but you must also have the wisdom to know when you are dealing with fools and be able to let it go.  Not all eyes will be opened to His truth - many are blinded by the world...trust God to see you through!

well said

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Before the question can be answered one has to know. Are you discussing Prosecution in a court environment or persecution?  There is a big difference.

Sorry about that, not necessarily any court , but something in the lines of being outcast , like you should not speak about your belief in God and the Bible.
        Like in the days with Paul and the others, they had to hide.
        Bless..

1. Dave Mathews profile image60
          Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is religious "Persecution" a cross each and every believer must bare and carry. It may not be right, but one has to be able to defend one's beliefs and faith.

2. Eric Newland profile image59
    Eric Newlandposted 12 years ago

Kind of depends on what you mean by "run away." And "persecution."

Like leave the country you , live and practice your belief, like I believe it was Sol and Paul who at one time had to hide so as not to be killed.

Bless.

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well to be honest, assuming you live in the West you are not likely to ever face persecution for your faith. By persecution I mean being hunted down and killed, not being called names by work colleagues.

lol , those here are teddy s with a giant roar and after this they are in hibernation.

even then the battle and spiritual warfare will start , because a human here is same as one  everywhere.
          Children in trouble everywhere feel the same as if they were here.
          it's our God who is merciful and understanding.
          God is great..

1. Disappearinghead profile image59
            Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm

2. A Troubled Man profile image58
            A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It's all about battles and war with you believers. It's little wonder why the world is in the state it's in.

It is not! But you won't believe even if it's in the front of you. So how could anyone make reference , where could they come from to even start a dialogue that will be ion an even playing field , where you already have it set that they are at fault.
              The only common ground that you leave is being human and alive, but once the "whatyoumaycallit" starts you take that away , then it becomes what you want it to be. Because they won't have a chance, but you won't have a chance also because two wrongs don't make it correct.
              Feel me?

3. poetvix profile image55
    poetvixposted 12 years ago

There is, in my mind, a time to stand and a time to retreat and regroup, but there is never a time to give in or give up.

Thanks poetvix , I somehow think we are family and I mean this ,because the truth is I have read this Bible , not for this specific question , and it see all signs point to standing and fight the good fight especially in these times. Because it truly don't take much to to see the strength of evil in these times.
      See quite a lot of knowledgeable believers , including yourself of course,.
      The second question are along those lines , but for real fight with guns, war!
      In these times can a true believer be on the battle field killing others.
      See how easy I surrender.
      A pleasure.

1. Jason Marovich profile image87
        Jason Marovichposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If an army marches into your homeland, would you fight, even knowing killing another person violates God's law?  Most would, because their family, friends, and the land they've known all their lives are at stake.

I believe God knows our hearts, and I believe He judges individually.  A man who killed in defense of home and family would, in my opinion, be judged very differently from the man who killed for personal gain.

Soldiers, who consider themselves faithful to their God, are still required to follow orders.  The burden rests on their commanders not to lead them into sin.  Needless to say, this is a very serious issue for many countries.  I doubt it is ever God's will that men go out to kill each other, but I believe that turning the other cheek doesn't mean to lay down before an enemy and beg for God's mercy.

these are the answer that I seek not because they are correct , but they are definitely an effort in trying to understand and even share some light on what your answer is to that question.
          So I do appreciate your answer , though my mind reaches to Mohamed Ali. It's intertwined with the original question, of would you Run,because all those who believe must die!
          Thanks. Bless.

Ah, yes, the Ali case.  I can understand conscientious objectors.  I understand where they're coming from.  Soldiers in combat have repeatedly fired over their targets on purpose rather than harm them.

The problem with running is that you're fine to let others go in your place.  Firing over the heads of enemies in combat gives them one more chance to kill the man next to you.

If I were somehow indoctrinated as God's teacher (priest, rabbi, imam, etc), then, sure, I'd say, "Surely, you don't expect me to take hypocrisy to such a high level", but I'm not, so it's off to the trenches for me and my steady aim, I suppose. smile

ha ha ha ha ha , I guess I should get one of those smileys also , and every
              time I put it up means I am laughing. lol
              These questions are not meant to do anything to my belief they were sincerely meant , to find people like you on here , that will not already be in this defensive posture that I am observing on here, it feels to me like a disease.
              Now I have been around all kinds of people and the ones who make the greatest impression on me are the wise ones , and trust me I know how wise people operate .
              I can only say that from your response and sense of humor , that's a rare combination you see in everyday people , and it's not too prevalent on here either .
              So I will be looking out for more of your goodies.
              I know that there are some great people here , but then I think they know this and are busy making the money that's offered here. And that's fine. It's better than getting the redundancies.

Bless.

There are plenty of spiritual people on HubPages, and plenty who would like to debate your beliefs.  The thing about an international, all-inclusive setting like this is that we tend to misunderstand one another.  Many times this is where people get hurt on the forums, etc.  Also, there are people that aren't on the forums to be nice, they are there to debate.  I hope you'll realize that 99.9% of the people on here aren't personally attacking your beliefs (or mine).  I'd say by your writing on HubPages that you've positively influenced a few, and that's priceless, eh?  Keep on doing what you do, I know I will.

Jason you are way out, and you will see my next step, when I think someone is cool .

I love the way you see things , you are most definitely a positive influence.
                  The truth is I am in no way worried about the people on Hub Pages , especially on the forums .

First to begin with I am from experience,  a very tough cookie  all across the board, the reason I ask certain questions, the truthful answers , not the empty ones, should not be too far off my line of reasoning.

I am probably older than quite a few of the people on here. I mention age to show one point, and that is the life that I took on , the way to get to my present age.

I can recognize sincere wisdom without words. I use every situation I get into as inspiration, so where ever I go am like a kid in his favorite candy store.

I have learned some very uncanny ways to pay attention to detail, it's what I have learn and that is the detail of the man or the men next to me. Don't go further than you "need" to.

You do not judge and never call another human out of their name. But stay aware of every situation that you are in. Because if there is a choice ,always make the wise one.

You then look at the man among you that does those things you know that he should not and you have a profile, of what kind of life they live . 
                  Why that's important is exactly for the reasons you mention above as to the reasons people are here.

Here is what I know on the playing field, if  a person can't run their own home and have it in the shape that they know that it should, making it  the epitome of the life you see as best.
                  Don't even try teaching me , and how I will know  that you are one of those is by your level of frustration  you display..
                  I don't necessarily care to be around known Liars ,  especially those who are trying to teach truth.
                  That's the human side of me that I took with me since about twelve years old.

the person  I endeavor to be , because I know God exist, I would love to surround myself , not necessarily physically , but any which way available.
                  I prefer to have twenty great people I relate to on here than ten thousand and none even know me.
                  I don't need those who wakes up in a bad mood don't know why , and is just grumpy all day, trying to infect others , that's for children.

Much more , Bless..
                  I need those who understands their lives or are doing their best trying to do so..

4. rasta1 profile image71
    rasta1posted 12 years ago

Prosecution is a method of persecution. They Prosecuted Daniel for not bowing down to the statue of Babylon and He was subsequently persecuted.

First thing, there is nowhere to run to. Babylon is the all seeing eye. Therefore, running will equal to the renunciation of faith.

We not running nowhere, Fear no fleshly death. The most important factor of winning any war, is for the soldiers to stand their ground and fight. If you run, still have to fight again, but when you win with JAH then no more war.

Bless, I thought I had something correct, then because I am a humble man, I went to take a look at the suggestion that was made. I then posted this:

Persecution? My human error on that , knew what I mean never looked it up. Now I did still have a problem, but to be jailed, hanged,  or  plain out murdered for their religious beliefs.
      Great respect to you both. Great difference with who you speak to in life and on this forum.
      Bless.
      And never hear from the man again . So After hearing similar words from Poetvix, here I met Jason , who repeated almost the identical words, that there are those who are not here for , the greater good as a great opportunity to spread good , but rather ulterior motive and intent.
      great response and as always great to see you. I do believe and I write it somewhere last night , I will take three wise ones speaking righteous and you can keep the masses.
      Bless.

5. getitrite profile image72
    getitriteposted 12 years ago

Over the years Christians and other religions have oppressed, abused and murdered millions of people, yet they pretend that it is them being persecuted.

Just a short list:

Women
    People of Color
    The Poor
    Homosexuals
    Native Americans

Religions seem to focus only on the suffering of its followers.  The suffering they inflict upon others becomes totally insignificant. Heartless!

Just psychopathic behavior.

So we are saying they should stand and fight for their lives , or just that they are the ones doing the unjust deed?

Thanks

1. rasta1 profile image71
        rasta1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't look at it that way Sky. Babylon always functions as a false religion with political and economic integration. Remember Christ did not belong to a church. Political systems have infiltrated the churches in order to persecute the people in the churches.

The ones doing the unjust deeds are the evil ones. They are wolves in sheep clothing.

So is that what he meant ? I asked trying to get a better over standing, because I pride myself on that. I know the infiltration and even manipulation if I may .
          But if this is what's meant , I could easily clarify , what he meant. Na feel no way , hence the reason for the question, instead of a conclusion.

I told you and watch my word of your progress as the light shines.
          Bless.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)