Show me proof that god exists

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (23 posts)
  1. Atheist Anthony profile image60
    Atheist Anthonyposted 12 years ago

I saw a forum entitled "Show me proof that god doesn't exist" I figured I'd ask all the followers of god to prove to me that god does in fact exist and please use facts and give me valuable proof.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You expect facts and proof from believers? lol  You really are new here!  lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6186572.jpg

2. gregas profile image81
      gregasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Even atheists are obsessed with God , or lack of him. Can't you people get your minds on something else? My opinion, Greg

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Sure Greg, if you could just tell those who evangelize their religions to keep them behind closed doors rather than out in public pursuing things like contraceptives, gay marriage, abortions, being saved by Jesus, bigotry and hatred, and a host of other issues we really could do without based on their obsession with God.

1. Hope Myers profile image59
          Hope Myersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It is frustrating to see so many who claim to love God act so hateful towards humans because of things they disagree with. Those people are missing the whole point of faith and believing in God. Believing in God doesn't give anyone the right to judge or hate others because they have sin. It's quite the opposite. You love others in spite of what bad things they may have in their life.
          What many people fail to see is that while the whole world is hammering those who believe in God because of their "intolerance", those who are asking for tolerance are, in truth, portraying the exact opposite of what they are so bent on. Those who believe in God are forced to hide their opinions because it might offend someone, but no one seems to realize that Christians are being brutally harassed and offended all the time.
          If you want Christians to be accepting and loving....I suggest to try the same.

3. pisean282311 profile image62
      pisean282311posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@atheist bible is word of god and proof...cant u see how adam was kicked out of heaven, how god flooded the world , how plague happened ...loving god did all these....

1. gregas profile image81

@pisean, and you believe all of that, no matter how impossible those actions would have been? Greg

4. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

God exists as the electromagnetic impulses that lie within our brain's neurons which He then can easily control by allowing the brain to naturally function within reality or readjust as required by simply firing the neurons as they pass through our synapses accordingly.

We will then act accordingly based on our perception of those fired neurons.

smile

5. willrodgers profile image60
      willrodgersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Despite the warning in Pink, I'll give it a shot:

I like the answer George Burns gave in the movie "OH God!"  he[ i.e. George Burns playing the role of God ] said, "...it didn't really matter if you believe in me [God].  The more important matter is that I believe in you."

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but only one fictional character is allowed to have that philosophy:

http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/4941098+_c377a97769493671d233dc7204a8c35b.jpg

2. Saleeln18 profile image68
    Saleeln18posted 12 years ago

There is not definitive proof that god exists, it takes "faith" to believe in Him.

Example: I do not need faith to know that my shirt is blue, I can see that it is blue (it is a fact). But a person does need faith to believe in God, because there is not proof that He does exist.

(Also, in order to believe in God one must be open-minded enough to realize that He might not exist, because if they truly do believe it is a "fact" that God exists, then it is not faith faith compelling those beliefs but instead it is naivety. That's what many people don't seem to realize these days).

3. Disappearinghead profile image59
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1184524949l/1513524.jpg

1. AshtonFirefly profile image70
      AshtonFireflyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Haha! smile this made me smile...

4. livingpah2004 profile image60
    livingpah2004posted 12 years ago

If you believe in God or some unknown power then he exist if you don`t believe in God then there is no God.

5. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 12 years ago

God by definition is not observable in the physical universe. But going by the logic that your being hungry proves the existence of food - the hunger for spiritual/philosophical satisfaction in the belly of every human being proves that we are meant for great things. Also, scientists have found that the coding in our DNA includes vast evolutionary progression at specific times, which explains the 'missing links' and how bats and birds grew wings independently of one another, for example. Each step is bringing more complexity to our being. Clearly there is some kind of method in the coding of our DNA and must have happened millions of years ago. Lastly, I believe God to stand for the reason why there is something rather than nothing. Simply: the purpose. Probably too esoteric for atheists (I know, I was one) but it's maybe something to think about.

1. mischeviousme profile image60
      mischeviousmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The universe is alive, maybe we are feeling that life to some degree. To me it's fair to say that none are wrong, in concept. It's the behavior surrounding the concept that causes social discord, all in the spirit of rightness.

1. gregas profile image81

@MM, you got that one right. Greg

6. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 12 years ago

Stop, look, listen...BEEP! BEEP!..God just pass by...smile

7. neeta chauhan profile image60
    neeta chauhanposted 12 years ago

When nothing works for you and no one is there to wipe
    your tears , when you ask for help and every one refuses you
    by making lame excuses close your eyes and say a small prayer
    in your heart HE is the one who will hear you and pull you out
    of the ditch sooner or later. Besides fates are not and cannot be made
    by men but by GOD alone...... proof ... no body would want to cry in this world and loose precious
    possessions like money, relations , jobs, marriages, etc.

1. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The state of energy. The mathematical properties of the extant universe. Anything which exists on either side of the end of your nose. Anything else I can help you with?

8. WD Curry 111 profile image57
    WD Curry 111posted 12 years ago

Go outside and look around.

9. AshtonFirefly profile image70
    AshtonFireflyposted 12 years ago

It appears that the existence of God is provable only to such people as are already inclined to believe in His existence.

10. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 9 years ago

The universe exists, therefore He IS.

Simple programming logic, paraphrasing Rene Descartes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)