Will the World See Another Hitler in the Future?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. jainismus profile image73
    jainismusposted 11 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6456026.png
    Do you think that the world will see another Hitler in the future? In this or that form?

1. Deborah Brooks profile image60
      Deborah Brooksposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes I do think there will be more like Hitler. History repeats itself... we still have people right now murdering their own people by the thousands. People seek to have all the power and they think they have to kill everyone to get it. so sad.

2. LauraGT profile image85
      LauraGTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would like to think not, but a North Carolina pastor just recommended a concentration camp for gays and lesbians so they could all die out. I suppose as long as people hate others based on race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc. there will also be hateful "solutions" proposed by those who want power and to advance their own agendas.

3. Ramsa1 profile image62
      Ramsa1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's possible. History does repeat itself. All that would be required is for some "leader" to promise his followers everything they wanted, for free, and to blame some small group in society for all of society's ills. This has happened before and will happen again.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There have been many post-Hitlers particularly Idi Amin and Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge.   There is also a marked rise in nationalistic and supremist groups throughout Europe.   The situation is dire but not hopeless.  There are more decent people than indecent people in the world thankfully.  However, humankind must ever be vigilant regarding violations of human rights and human dignity!

1. profile image0
        jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just another point of view here which might help towards more understanding:

Hitler came into the life of Germany at a time when the country had suffered in many ways:  The people had got drawn into a war which left them truly debased and destitute.  Their economy was at the mercy of the Allies.  Their was a ripe need for someone to lead them into a sense of national pride once more.  The masters of commerce and banking at the time were a people who had their own language and therefore conducted much of their business in secret.  This easily caused suspicion and rumours of who was causing all the problems.  The eloquent and impressive person of Hitler provided the populace with a leader whom they could believe in. 

So the PEOPLE backed him.  He could not have come to such power without that backing.  He also had some pretty nasty persons behind him in the upper echelons too, but let's just concentrate on the leader now.

The other people mentioned in this hub I think I am right in saying they were dictators, not necessarily having the backing of the populace.

The lesson, I feel, is to learn to question, question, question anyone who appears in our midst that tends to draw our loyalty as a leader.  Hopefully we can learn from the past and avoid the worst of the outcomes of another bad individual.

Anywhere you see a leader, he or she, we need to be on the lookout for our own motives.  What am "I" looking for?  What is it in that person that I find attractive?  This principle will apply to political, religious, community leaders, whoever they are.  Some of the worst shocks have come from a leader who was held in very high esteem, yet comes crumbling down because of their secret ways.

5. jacharless profile image75
      jacharlessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Nostradamus quatrains claim one exceedingly worse than A. Hitler is expected to arise, from the former Mongol empire, will be killed as he initiates a 27 year global war. Code name: Mabus.

If history serves, A. Hitler made Napoleon look a good school boy, so one can imagine what this third one would be like. Accordingly, each one's platform is built upon the others, as per Napoleon's actions that enabled Europe to unite and from that unification, the ability for the second to rise to such power and global alteration. The third certainly has the perfect stage setting as Europe, the States, Australia and Asia build up power extreme.

But, that's just the word on the street.

2. Druid Dude profile image61
    Druid Dudeposted 11 years ago

There is an older fella in France who is claiming to be the grandson of Adolf. The prevalence of Neo-Nazis is troubling. A general breakdown of the legitimate authorities would provide such groups with an in-road to increase their ranks. These are just some of the possible "Homegrown Terrorists" we have been told about.

3. JKenny profile image91
    JKennyposted 11 years ago

I think we will, there will always be members of society who will seek power by any means necessary. Hitler was just part of a long list of power hungry warmongers in history, including Napoleon, Mao, Stalin, Idi Amin, Pol Pot, Julius Caesar and Oliver Cromwell. It's a sad thing to say, but there are certain people living today, if given the opportunity would commit acts equal in horror to Hitler. The best thing we can do is continually highlight the terrible atrocities committed by these men, so that their actions are never repeated.

4. carolinekirby profile image84
    carolinekirbyposted 11 years ago

I really hope not, but I can't say for sure. I think there's a possibility of another Holocaust because there's so much hate in today's world. I doubt that it would be against Jewish people again though.

5. profile image0
    Curiadposted 11 years ago

I don't see another "Hitler", but I do see the UN as a huge threat along with the "New World Govt." I feel that the new Hitler will be the Government that evolves from this current policy.

6. KF Raizor profile image60
    KF Raizorposted 11 years ago

Yes indeed. 

I think it was Patton who forced German civilians and his own soldiers to walk through a liberated concentration camp.  When a press pool reporter asked him why he was making his troops endure such a thing when it was making many of them physically sick at what they saw, Patton replied, "Because some day some son-of-a-(gun) is gonna come along and say this never happened.  I want witnesses."  Well, today we see more and more people claiming the Holocaust never happened; and to this day there is no more maligned and hated race of people than the Jews.

Funny thing is that the Bible tells us there'll be another evil person like Hitler.  Unlike people like Hitler or Napoleon who WANTED to rule the world, this one actually WILL rule the world, and he'll make the Holocaust look like Sunday tea in comparison.  People don't want to believe it, but look at what is happening this very moment with Egypt's new government declaring Israel its #1 enemy and Iran dedicating itself to wiping Israel off the map.  (So when the war with Iran starts, and Russia gets involved, and they're both soundly defeated by a nation the size of New Jersey, just remember the Bible said it was going to happen.)

1. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

KF Raizor, don't kid yourself.

All the time you blame it on "that person," or anyone else, including "governments," and fail to recognise the part everyone (you and me) plays in oppression, then it is bound to happen again. 

Hitler was seen by the majority of the people of Germany as a "saviour" from the oppressive economic treatment dished out by the victors of the 1st World War.  Hitler did not rise to power just on his own abilities.  The ordinary people wanted him there.  Yes, it turns out that he had evil ideas, but without support he would not have risen to power.

7. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

Do I think we'll see another Hitler, absolutely. Yet we speak like we have not seen him since. Post-Hitler we have witnessed many atrocities, yet we only really see the tip of the ice-berg. The propaganda machine is well oiled. Take a good look at Syria, interesting because that particular tyrant has been in power for a number of years, yet it is only now that the oppression of his people has been documented, filmed. Same in Eqypt and other countries.As western nations we have been complicit in many of the atrocities that have taken place at home, and around the world. We only take note when are leaders so decide, and broadcast on the mainstream media. Other than that, we are mostly happy to turn a blind eye.

8. innersmiff profile image65
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

Yeah, I can see it right now, but a Hitler spread across all Western nations - the hidden hand behind Obama, Cameron, Sarkozy, Netanyahu, Putin and all the other puppets. However, it is not an agenda against Jews, it is an agenda against everybody.

Looking for Hitler? Look UP!

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
      Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Who, in your opinion Innersmith, is the hidden hand?

1. innersmiff profile image65
        innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The network of international banking cartels that dictate global policy.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen. smile

9. profile image59
    logic,commonsenseposted 11 years ago

Obama is like Hitler in that he would like to exterminate rich people! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)