My Scream got Pinned by ABC News!

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (52 posts)
  1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 11 years ago

I'm not one to brag about my many achievements.

Partly because I don't have many.

But my Scream stickman got repinned by ABC News as part of a collection of Scream stuff from around the net.

It made me happy...

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/6559899_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
      summerberrieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

awesome!

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image81
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

YAY! Congratulations! Great scream - one that I can actually look at.

I'm a bad art critic, because the other one would have ended up a $100 million canary cage liner. (Well, maybe not - the canary would stop singing.)

3. unknown spy profile image44
      unknown spyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

YAHUUU!!!! Way to go Mark! Congratulations! You deserved a pat on a back. Keep smiling.

4. Jeff Berndt profile image73
      Jeff Berndtposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Way too cool!

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Maybe someone will offer you a 100 mill for it smile

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Well, let's start the bidding at a dollar.

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well Mark,I hope they credited you...good news,just the same. wink

4. Lisa HW profile image64
    Lisa HWposted 11 years ago

How neat, Mark - and a fine "Scream" your version is too.   smile  Congratulations. smile

5. Cagsil profile image69
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

Congrats! smile

6. CMHypno profile image83
    CMHypnoposted 11 years ago

Wow Mark, I am in awe!  Hasn't the original 'scream' just been auctioned for over 100 million dollars?  Maybe, yours will make you a millionaire too?  smile

7. Pamela N Red profile image84
    Pamela N Redposted 11 years ago

Very cool, Mark. Your art has become famous.

8. AliciaC profile image93
    AliciaCposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Mark! That's very exciting!

9. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

awesome! smile we have hope after all. wink

10. Cheeky Girl profile image65
    Cheeky Girlposted 11 years ago

Mark that is awesome! You should try doing a version of "Vampire" by Munch as well! I always get a laugh out of your artwork! WHy not auction it on eBay, just to see what happens? LOL!

11. MPG Narratives profile image61
    MPG Narrativesposted 11 years ago

Well done Mark, and here's to many more achievements. Keep those drawings coming. smile

12. Mark Ewbie profile image81

Hey thanks all you guys, I feel a bit of a heel for mentioning it now. Got a bit carried away.

As for the suggestions - draw more and sell - I know I need to keep on and make an effort.  It's just time and laziness... you know.

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are not allowed to feel like a heel for sharing a valid achievement such as this!  Congrats!

(Will you remember that you knew me when you get uber famous? tongue )

Mark Ewbieposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will always look back fondly and... oh for goodness sakes.

13. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 11 years ago

Haha Cool, I always loved ur stick figures smile

I still say this drawing is way better than the actual thing. Maybe I'm not an art guy; but, kids would draw something better than that million dollar painting. I wonder what people see?

Some of them are available as fridge magnets.  I have sold six in two years.

1. lobobrandon profile image89
        lobobrandonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. snakeslane profile image80
        snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Mark! Re: fridge magnets, I bought seven. Does this mean I am the only sale you made in two years? Are you going to make the Scream stickman into a fridge magnet now? Guess that's a no brainer eh. Really Mark, this is awesome news. I'm so excited for you. I'll take six! (Guess the price just went up.)

Ok.. eight.  Seven to you and one other.  And I'm very grateful! 

I'm not allowed to self promote, although to be honest, that's what my entire online (and offline) persona consists of... but I can say that you will not be disappointed.

If only there were more people like you Snakelane. At least you know they are unique.

3. Aficionada profile image79
        Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Okay, so where do you sell them?  (Etsy?)

Now you can add to your advertising "As seen on ABC News"!!!

Personally, I think you should offer a set of mugs (4 or 6) with a different stick figure copy of a famous art work on each one.  Scream, Mona Lisa, ... what else?

Maybe tote bags to carry around MOMA....

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
          Rochelle Frankposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Van Gogh's Sunflowers? Leonardo's Last Supper ? Botticelli's Birth of Venus? Whistler's Mother? American Gothic? Guernica? A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte? Dogs playing Poker?

14. prettydarkhorse profile image54
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

Cool and nice! I know you are famous, and will be more famous! smile

15. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I want your autograph!  I can say I "Knew You When" someday!

Lol.  That's enough now.  I wish I'd never said anything.  I am a fraud.

Going back in my shell.

16. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 11 years ago

That's awesome, Mark!

Thanks Habee.  I know you keep getting your writing published in all sorts of places - which is brilliant - and this is really just a bit of fun.  Great feeling though.

17. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

I see that Mark is 10 shy of 1000 followers. Something really should be done about that...

Ssshhh.  Anyway, there's no one left.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well done! Obviously I need to put my crappy art on the net. Seeings as I can only do crappy art.

Should I follow you on all my other accounts? Oh wait, then you'll know all my other accounts...

Well I send each of my followers a little gift at Xmas - bottle of wine, nothing too excessive - so that would mean you got several.  Perhaps I should sort my cards by IP address.

I don't like wine. And since I've been pregnant or nursing for the last three years I haven't had a drink in ages.

So maybe I should unfollow you... don't want you wasting your money on something that goes down the drain.

Lol.  So much for this campaign!

I'm also a few dollars short of my first million so maybe some mileage there, sympathy wise.

Oh geez. You beat me to a million? I'm only up to $900,000 for the year. sad

2. Aficionada profile image79
          Aficionadaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

...but only if you told him or anyone else that they were your accounts, lol!

2. lobobrandon profile image89

He's 9 shy now thanks to me wink

Lol, thanks.  Let's not drag this out too much.  "Look at him, he still hasn't managed it".

I know - I'll write something about poets again.

1. lobobrandon profile image89

smile

18. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

Mark, that is remarkable to receive attention from a major network. Perhaps they will give you a trip for two to Disney World. You can sell autographed copies of the print by the main gate and in your hotel lobby.

19. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

That's great, Mark!-- I like yours better than the original. Maybe you should start doing your interpretation of other famous art work.
    (Let's see, Mona Lisa?)

Ah I'm ahead of you Rochelle... did this a while back.

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/6563528_f248.jpg

20. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

ok, I repinned your Scream.

Thanks and I am an idiot for not signing these.  But then who would sign a silly little stickman picture?

edit: I mean... Thanks!!!

21. cardelean profile image86
    cardeleanposted 11 years ago

That's awesome Mark, you should be proud and share it! smile

22. weestro profile image77
    weestroposted 11 years ago

Very Cool, Congrats!

23. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

I looked at this, and it instantly reminded me of "The Scream."  I didn't have to read anything else.  So cool.

24. ktrapp profile image94
    ktrappposted 11 years ago

Very cool - although I am very partial to your cat artwork. Congratulations!

25. Millionaire Tips profile image90
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Mark!  It is great to see your work getting noticed.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)