If 2012 is the end of our world, what will you do in the remain time?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (30 posts)
  1. Kyle.S profile image61
    Kyle.Sposted 13 years ago

If the prediction that 2012 is the end of our world is true, what will you do in the remain time. For most of us, we do the similar thing every day, and we never consider that is a waste of time. However, if the rest of your time is very few, and you know it. And you are very healthy to do what you want. So, what will you do? Will you do something crazy which you are not dare to do in the normal situation, or will you do something which is most valueable in your mind? Or just go on your normal life and wait to die. Tell me your plan.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's not true.  They just found another Mayan calendar and it doesn't end in 2012.
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne … endar.html

The other Mayan calendars don't predict the end of the world, either, they just happen not to show any dates beyond 2012.  That doesn't mean much, really.   I've got a multi-year date stamp that doesn't go beyond 2015.  I don't think that means the maker thought the world would end in 2015.

2. MikeNV profile image69
    MikeNVposted 13 years ago

You haven't read much on Mayan Phrophecy/Beliefs have you.

They are not predicting the "End of the World".  The "World" is still going to be here.  Everyone is not going to die.

The Planets are in fact aligning... scientists already know this.

3. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Eat, drink, be merry, and pray a lot!

4. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 13 years ago

If the Mayans didn't get the beginning date right, how would they know the end?
    Besides, maybe they just ran out of room on the calendar stone, or didn't think anyone this far in the future would be able to read it.
    It's moot.

5. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 13 years ago

Well I would be gutted it it all ends in 2012, I'm still stuffing dam mortar in the walls and the house is a building site.  I was kind of hoping for a few years of enjoying the place.  But if it is all going to end, I think I'll stick to what I'm doing now - living with the old man and managing the smallholding.  Me, Him, the dogs, pigs, goats and chickens - heaven on earth.

6. qeyler profile image62
    qeylerposted 13 years ago

I plan to max out my credit cards

1. Rochelle Frank profile image91
      Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's a strategy which could be the end of the world-- even if the Mayans were wrong.

2. goldie77 profile image39
      goldie77posted 13 years agoin reply to this

me too

7. Aiden Roberts profile image69
    Aiden Robertsposted 13 years ago

Write a lot more hubs just in case they are wrong, whoever they are?

8. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I think I'll LIVE OUT LOUD!  Just like always.

9. figment profile image75
    figmentposted 13 years ago

I plan to spend the most possible time with my family, see as much as the world as possible, be at peace with myself, and pray.

10. lrohner profile image66
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

What did I miss? The only thing I've heard of that is definitely ending in 2012 is Obama's current term.

11. goldie77 profile image39
    goldie77posted 13 years ago

I'd better hurry up and get to Thailand, rescue as many children as i can and make sure as many people as possible know about Jesus before it's too late

12. maplethorpej profile image60
    maplethorpejposted 13 years ago

PEOPLE: The Mayans calculated, not predicted, an alignment of the planets with the center of the MilkWay. They also clearly stated that it is the beginning of a new Age, not the end of the world.

I feel like the problems of this world are continuously accelerating, but it won't lead to the end of the world, just a major collapse. The collapse will usher in a new way of thinking and probably a lot of chaos initially, but overall, things will improve eventually!

13. eilander1542011 profile image61
    eilander1542011posted 13 years ago

2012 is not the end. That is a hollywood myth, created by the powers at be in order to control our minds even more. The only thing that is ever stated about the year is a change. The change is not really described other than to say that people will "wake up". In essence all of you that can't comprehend how the Mayans understood this will miraculously understand it. In addition you will all see the lies that you have been living, both consciously and unconsciously. Unfortunately such a mass awakening would likely bring about a period or war in which we the awakened masses fight off the already awakened leaders that are steering us into hell. But again, this is all prophetic talk, none of us, including the Mayans can be sure of what is going to happen. That is the essence of future, it is unknown until it becomes present. SO just live your life in Love and wait and see.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone have very cheap land for sell?

14. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Considering I could get hit by a car today, effectively ending the world in my perceptions, I will do what I already do. Live my life day by day with as few regrets as possible.

15. YU_First 1 profile image60
    YU_First 1posted 13 years ago

i love strees free pursuits.

I pursue them actively.

I will continue with that.

16. PAPA-BEAR profile image60
    PAPA-BEARposted 13 years ago

2012 WILL NOT BE THE END. Do not be misled by so many so-called learned people who keep reffering to The Myan calander as a directive. Believe whatever you will believe, do not be decieved. Live your life as if it were heading in the direction you planned. Sod the pessimistic lot. Oh sure there are idiots like that who will go and sit on a hill waiting for the end. Funny that for The Bible states that 'no one knows the day nor the hour, only God.' So tough cookie for The Myans and all their followers of great wisdom. Me I will still be writing books and songs, as well as taking care of my health hoping I might live a bit longer than 2012.

17. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 13 years ago

The end comes for someone each day.

18. Ddraigcoch profile image72
    Ddraigcochposted 13 years ago

Keep paying the bills. As when the banks wake up the day after the so called Apocalypse and people haven't paid their mortgages thinking they were going to die.They will want all that money and will be repossessing like crazy. I still want a house when the rest of the world realise they are still alive.

19. Wayne Tully profile image64
    Wayne Tullyposted 13 years ago

I will do a supreme 5 knuckle shuffle and knock a good one out.....maybe then smoke a huge cigar and say Jobs a good un!

20. Hugh Williamson profile image75
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

"If 2012 is the end of our world, what will you do in the remain time?"

I'd quit dieting and worrying about my looks.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/4831401_f248.jpg

21. aware profile image68
    awareposted 13 years ago

Build a space craft of course .

22. readytoescape profile image61
    readytoescapeposted 13 years ago

Bass fishing and beer drinking. I also plan to include a little scotch enlivened debauchery and perhaps a final trip to Disney World.

23. superwags profile image66
    superwagsposted 13 years ago

I'm cerain the world will end in 2012 and all that, but if anyone on here wants to jettison their wealth to me before the end, then I'd be happy to take one for the team to ensure your ternal salvation.

After all, it is easier for a rich man to pass through the eye...blah blah. Just give me your money.

24. greener14 profile image58
    greener14posted 12 years ago

Well if the world ends like people get saved and the rest stay here on earth or a bug gets just about ever one sick but not ever one or my fave zombies well besides stopping at the police station,pawn shop & walmart to load up on fire arms and food,water of course i'ed load up on bud from the evidence room then hit a liquor store and a car-lot for a nice ride then just go Cruising intell i come across something better :-) :-) :-)

25. InCourage profile image60
    InCourageposted 11 years ago

Same thing we do every night Pinky, try to take over the world

26. harishshetty140 profile image61
    harishshetty140posted 11 years ago

I Would Explore d World With My Love f My Life !! <3

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)