The Batman Movie shooter was on some heavy pharmaceutical drugs.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)
  1. NateB11 profile image88
    NateB11posted 11 years ago

Should this be something we look at when looking at this incident? This is common for shooters to be on prescription drugs. I wonder if we need to not just look at the surface of these kinds of incidents, but really look at what's behind it and question the whole thing. After all, the things causing these problems will continue to come up unless we seriously examine what's behind the violence and seriously question everything about it, including official stories. http://truththeory.com/2012/07/24/follo … cal-drugs/

1. Paul Wingert profile image60
      Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That a$$hole planed that event for months.

NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Why?

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago
  3. SpanStar profile image62
    SpanStarposted 11 years ago

I am all for giving a person of great until they cross a certain line. Killing innocent people cross is that line.

If we say it is OK to accept the defense that because I was under the influence we need to in America give back the money we've taken from those we've apprehended under DUI and we need to apologize to those who were involved in car accidents on the road that we incarcerated because they too were under the influence.

Murder is not a simple crimes such as stealing.

I am not talking about giving someone a break or not dealing with someone who is dangerous; I am talking about looking at what's behind it, see if we can see the root, pull it up by the root so it doesn't happen again. Otherwise, the problem will keep cropping up and each time we will talk about how bad it is and how bad the killer is and never go deeper, never understand it on a deeper level so that we might dispel the whole problem. It is much more valuable to seek out the cause than to chase the effects.

1. SpanStar profile image62
        SpanStarposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The root of the problem is that which we do not want to admit to ourselves. People are not all that mentally stable. Just watching how people drive on the road point to how immature we can be (tailgating people, cutting people off, giving people the finger etc.)

Years upon years of violences, robberies, hate etc. if we can't recognize the root of the problem by now we are blind.

A person has a hard day at work and coworkers could be laying in a pool of blood.

I agree.

4. ocbill profile image54
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

I don't care. there should be no sentencing leniency for homicides period. if drugs are involved or not.

2 cops were almost killed by a guy on Meth on a routine traffic stop.
    He shot one officer in the face 4 times (who did die, children have no father, wife has lost a husband), now defense lawyer claims the murderer was on meth.

This is ridiculous. Everyone can just get drugged up before their shooting spree and get a lite sentence.

You have introduced an issue I didn't introduce. Punishment and imprisoning people or murdering them hypocritically through executions was not something I was addressing. I'm only addressing what is at the root of the problem; for one thing, it is the only thing, getting to the root of anything, that will ever change things. Is punishing people getting to the root of the problem, or is it just fearfully trying to do something about a problem we let get out of hand in the first place? Just like in Portugal, who decriminalized drugs and rehabilitated drug users; now they have tremendously lowered the amount of drug addiction in their country. Fortunately they took the intelligent approach and not the shutting the radio off with the sledge hammer approach.

5. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

There are black box warnings on those drugs. And you should be in close contact with your physician (preferably a PSYCHIATRIST) when taking psychotropic prescription drugs.
    But the problem is you don't necessarily see the cliff before you're about to jump over it.
    And you can't predict if you are going to be one of those who have a bad, possibly fatal reaction.
    Until you find yourself trying to commit suicide.
    Or in these cases, homicide.

The question is were these people unstable enough to commit murder with or without pharmaceuticals in their systems? We don't know.

6. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

I'm still wondering how this unemployed student got $20k to buy all this stuff. Who gave him the money? Did he earn it as a student intern? By partaking in neuroscience experiments? I would like to know more about the type of research he was working on at the university.

In Honolulu, there was people going to the drunk park looking for people who 'can hold their liquor' and I was able to earn $250 total  over a series of tests. They would put that cap on my head with the electrodes and flash pictures - including one that was of the burnt, dragged mutilated body of American soldier in Somalia.

Just want to know how this kid earned so much money to buy all this expensive equipment. And if he was earning it by renting himself out as a Human Guinea Pig. His court appearance sure did look like he was coming out of a haze such as scopolamine, (a zombie drug), and not from an Rx psychotropic as list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ps … edications

And who is that woman in his adultfriendfinder photo? Why did somebody with no Facebook, Myspace web footprint opened up this account 5 days before the murder? I have a lot of questions about everything related to this.

The photo looks fake, as if Holmes was in front of a poster. Look at the shadows of the girl - look like a professional photo - yet Holmes shadows look like a typical amateur lighting.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=65034,filename=James-Holmes-AdultFriendFinder-photoshop.jpg

I know, I'm feeling the same way: There's something funny about the whole thing. Something that keeps coming back to me is that these shootings have been happening at Universities that do some heavy, serious research; like Virgina Tech. I always am suspicious and have loads of questions in my mind when these shootings happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)