Do you want to leave HubPages? Or do you want to stick it out?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (21 posts)
  1. lorlie6 profile image72
    lorlie6posted 11 years ago

How do you feel?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HP forever.

2. Jason Marovich profile image88
      Jason Marovichposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've been a part of many online communities.  Here's why I like HubPages.

1.  International flavor to the community.

2.  That one of my short stories (which I really enjoy writing) gets 8% of my total views.

3.  HubPages staff seem nice, and I enjoy watching how they adapt to search engine algorithm changes.

4.  I can treat my writing on HubPages as a hobby instead of a job.

5.  Writers and SEO people.  I've learned so much from them here.  I've also grown quite fond of many of them smile

3. Nalini Marquez profile image92
      Nalini Marquezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just started on HubPages so I hope it's not all that bad! I like it so far as it offers many different things but from reading I do know that it has its ups and downs.

The problems I've come across on the forums so far seem to be related primarily to earnings and consistency for Hubs which can be a problem when one is trying to make an income. For hobbies and enjoyment there doesn't seem to be too many complaints.

1. AEvans profile image70
        AEvansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you focus on your hubs and make it a stepping stone for all that will come you will do fine. I have articles all over the Internet that pay with Google Adsense. I also have articles on other sites that pay with Chitka. HP is the only site that gives continual residual income and you can get paid every month.

Welcome to Hubpages and if you ever need anything you are always welcome to e-mail me. smile

1. Nalini Marquez profile image92
          Nalini Marquezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the welcome and for sharing your experience with both HubPages and the other websites where you have articles! It helps to see how they compare and to see some of the things that only come from use/experience.

Since I'm starting out, I will likely be taking you up on your offer! Thank you for letting me know that you are available for questions and the like. I also looked at your profile and at some of your Hubs. The myfreecopyright.com is good to know about and I've read some of your hubs and enjoyed them.

If you ever need anything (not sure what that would be but you never know) you're welcome to email me too. Thanks again :-).

4. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have been here almost 5 years, I am not going anywhere. I have been very busy writing for clients; but HP is still home. Never give up Lorlie and hang in there many of us are still here just very busy. smile

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

I have enough work here to earn a decent paycheck, but most of my new work is on other sites

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The HubPages forum is my online "home" so I doubt I'll be leaving any time soon - however, I have written only one Hub this year, and only 8 Hubs last year, so in that sense I've already "left". 

If I'm getting normal traffic on my HubPages sub-domain, it earns better than my blogs.  However three times now, my traffic has dropped by 70% or more, for no apparent reason, and stayed that way for weeks.   I can't see a point in putting more effort into something that's so unpredictable.  My blogs may earn less, but at least their traffic is steady (touch wood).

3. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 11 years ago

I will not leave mainly because of the forum here I am like Marisa I am at home here in the forum.

I loved it when each time I wrote an article my earnings kept increasing but now it don't matter how often you publish an article.

I add articles when I am in the mood if I earn great if not at least I am not pulling my hair out any more. 

I just ride the roller coaster like everybody else.  It seems the more I try to earn more money the less I make.  If I sit back and enjoy writing and not get stressed about it the more it seems I earn.

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

My traffic is slowly improving. I've ridden out bumps at HP before, so, I just do my thing and hope for the best. I'm far too lazy to move all my stuff anyway, and not technical enough to carry it off using tools that might make doing so quick and efficient. Besides, most of my stuff is sarcastic drivel that isn't going to make money anywhere else either. There's just no money in pedantic sounding poop jokes and booze inspired rants. (Sigh... where is justice in this world of ours?)

5. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

I'm new here (relatively speaking), still learning the ropes. I guess I'm a slow learner, so I think I'll be here for awhile.

6. tglowv profile image81
    tglowvposted 11 years ago

I really like HubPages. I am relatively new, but I enjoy writing about different things. I also like to interact with other Hubbers. As far as earnings are concerned, I have earned a little but I am still learning.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Why should I leave?  My Hubs are written for HubPages, and HubPages alone.  I am not interested in taking them anywhere else.  I may complain at times on how this site is behaving, but whether or not anyone takes me seriously is something else.  LOL!

8. Rochelle Frank profile image91
    Rochelle Frankposted 11 years ago

I've not been very active lately-- but hope to improve on that soon.
    I really like HubPages, and I like a lot of the hubs I have posted.
    Yes, I would like more views, but I am not committed to doing a blog on a regular basis or focusing on a niche... so, for now, HubPages has a lot of advantages for me.
    I like being able to try out different things.

The format is easy to navigate and edit. The people are helpful and friendly... etc. etc... etc...

9. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

I'm not making any $$ but that was never my major concern when joining this site. I just wanted to have some fun and post my blatherings where people other than myself and my immediate family would read it. So far, so good.

10. Greekgeek profile image79
    Greekgeekposted 11 years ago

I'll probably keep using it because it's fun and I like the community, and because diversification is a good idea.

However, since Hubpages only accounts for about 4% of my online income after giving it a year and a half trial run, I'm cutting back on it. This is a job for me, not just for fun, so I have to be practical about where I sink most of my time and effort.

11. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 11 years ago

I'm here to stay because i don't give up easily, even under "pain of death".
    I really like hubpages & the community, and love reading thru the forums (though i hardly post these days).
    Earnings and traffic? very unimpressive but i still hope for the best.

12. Green Bard profile image71
    Green Bardposted 11 years ago

I am definitely staying! This is my third account here and I am in the 30-day hub challenge! I am not making much at all from any of my hubs yet or with my other accounts but am ever the optimist! HubPages is still the website where I have made the most money online!

13. Dolores Monet profile image94
    Dolores Monetposted 11 years ago

Well if someone is thinking of quitting, I sure wouldn't quit in summer - this time of year is usually a bit slow. My traffic did a real nose dive after the 1st Panda slap, then rose up like never before. This whole online thing has it's ups and downs, just like real life.

14. weekend profile image60
    weekendposted 11 years ago

I'm sticking around. My hubs already pay my rent: what more could I want?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)