How should the process work with Google AdSense....

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Karine Gordineer profile image75
    Karine Gordineerposted 11 years ago

When you send out the request for an account should you get an email back right away or does it take a while?  Will the not respond to you at all if you've only published one hub?  Does anyone know of a way to contact Google?  Or a way to cancel your google account?

I signed up, I never got an email and now it won't let me do anything.  I've just wasted the last two hours trying to call someone at google or get them to return an email (really lousy customer service for sure ) I can't even find a corporate hq number to call.....

Does anyone know if there is a way for HubPages to clear out the Google Ad Sense on your account so you can start over?

Thanks.

1. WryLilt profile image89
      WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did you fill in your information? If so it can take several days or weeks to be reviewed. And generally it takes about 10 quality hubs to get approved.

Karine Gordineerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I clicked on Configure and filled out whatever you do to get the process going but I didn't get an email confirmation back from them - should I have or no?  I don't have ten hubs yet - I just wanted to get everything set up.  Will they not respond to you at all until you do?  It seems to be a mystery how the whole process works.

1. WryLilt profile image89
          WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you filled it in, now you just wait. They will either approve or reject you.

2. Dale Hyde profile image82
          Dale Hydeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Overall it is simply a slow process. While you wait, you would need to add some more quality hubs. A goal of ten good hubs is the general guideline that others have shared in order for Google to accept.

2. Karine Gordineer profile image75

Well I've decided that GoogleAd Sense is the devil. All the literature I read before signing up said you had to have at least one hub before applying...they really should be more specific.  If it's ten then say ten.  I'm rather literal like that and don't get the whole "well they said one but they really mean 20 thing" and as far as "substantial content" that Google mentions AFTER you've been rejected is VERY subjective at best.  Honestly I found the whole process SO incredibly UNCLEAR, FRUSTATING and just ridiculous that it really soured me on HubPages and GoogleAdSense.  It really takes the oomph out of bother to write at all.  At this point I will probably close down my account and begin all over again.  And truly the support I'd gotten from Hubpages was really less than adequate.  The whole attitude was like "hey were too busy to deal with your questions"...how about making the process actually CLEAR so that people know how the process works and it's not just some random, mysterious thing that sucks up half a day....CLARITY PEOPLE - isn't that like a rule in writing somewhere??

Bottom line Google Ad Sense just doesn't care and that's fine then take your ads off my page if you're not going to approve me...I think that's fair.  If their process actual made sense or worked I wouldn't have this problem.  I never received a rejection email anywhere, not in my inbox, not in my spam box...never received one.  My status just mysteriously changed for no reason...ridiculous.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The problem is that Hubpages can't really explain what Adsense wants.  And they themselves do not give firm definitions of what is enough content for approval.

3. Cook n Save Money profile image69
    Cook n Save Moneyposted 11 years ago

Adsense is not an instant gratification way to make money, even once you have enough content created to get approved.  I write elsewhere with tens of thousands of pages crafted over the course of several years.  If you were looking for a get rich quick scheme, this is most likely not for you. 

Shame, as you do write well and over time would most likely do quite well.

Hi "Cook"...No I really wasn't looking for a get rich quick scheme at all...trust me on that one.  I have my own biz that I spend the majority of my time (and very long hours) on but I'm just very discouraged that the process wasn't simply more straight forward.  I think my expectations were realistic in that I figured it could, over time, be some part of my income....small, whatever but some income is nice.  My frustation comes with the lack of clarity.  It feels like it's a guessing game with Google......and being rejected is also fine but again the lack of clarity and professionalism; I never received a rejection email or a clear way to reapply at a later time.  The REALLY frustrating thing is that it keeps telling me that I have a GoogleAd Sense account but I've never been able to access it.  I try to put in a password which they say are all wrong then it kicks me over to change my password with my gmail account which I do but then when I finally get back to HubPages that doesn't work either......it's just too stupid. 
      Thanks for the compliment on the writing.  No worries though I won't stop writing.  I'm actually writing an article now for a publication.  It's not a paid gig...it helps promote my biz and gains me some exposure so.....What I'm thinking is of just starting all over again.  I was too concerned about wasting more time to go ahead and post a bunch of articles and go through the same craziness all over again SO I'm thinking just move my hubs over to the new account (cut and paste), close out the old account and start over.  Hopefully after time I'd get accepted into the program....who knows.  It still just blows my mind that it's just impossible to speak with anyone at Google.  I don't understand how any company functions like that - I mean what if the IRS wants to talk to them who do they call?

If you care to share on any of the other writing sites love to hear about them!  Thanks for the comment.

1. Cook n Save Money profile image69
        Cook n Save Moneyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do believe Google's "guessing game" is by design.  Google doesn't publish exactly what their parameters are to qualify for AdSense, or once approved for participating how to get the best paying ads placed on your pages or how to the most traffic from them, because then it would be far too easy to game the system.  that would result in advertisers not getting what they're paying for:  real traffic interested in the pages they land on, relevant to the products and services the advertisers are paying for, that will result in sales.

The IRS can get a hold of who they need to at Google because the company would have provided a contact name and number with the government, who issues their tax ID number in the first place, and provided that information on their tax returns as well.  They save a fortune by keeping contact to a minimum with their content creators.  Follow the rules they do give and you'll do fine!

Thanks "Cook"....well thanks everyone for all the great responses....you guys are making me think I should stick around, write more hubs and see what happens!  Thanks for the support and allowing me to 'vent" my annoyance at Google!

4. Fresh Ploon profile image80
    Fresh Ploonposted 11 years ago

I sent a request to be signed up to AdSense and they didn't get back to me for about 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately my application was denied but I only had 3 hubs at the time so I was kind of expecting it. I just applied because I felt quite optimistic because I had gained quite a lot of views in such a short space of time.
    I think I'm going to write a good 10-15 hubs before I apply again and fingers crossed they accept my application.
    Good Luck in trying to get an AdSense account, it sure is hard!

Hi "Fresh" - thanks for posting....So did you get a rejection email or just noticed the "Status" in your Hubpage account section? 
      Thanks for the encouragement - good luck to you too!

5. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 11 years ago

As you only have two Hubs, the most likely result is that Google is going to reject your application.

Right.  And I get that.  If you read my above long ramble...it's the lack of clarity around the whole process that is frustrating and makes me more apt to write elsewhere which is what I've been doing.  The way the process is supposed to work is not how it worked for me. I never got an email.  If you get an email you have a place to reapply.  Plus it keeps telling me that I have a Google AdSense account but I can't get into it....hence the frustration.  Not having a live person that you can actually talk to is ridiculous.

6. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I assume you checked that you had entered the email correctly, and that it was not in your spam folder?

In any case the thong to do it write 18 more hubs, and then apply again.

Yup...did all that.  Do you think I should stay with the same user name and all?  It seemed like there was some kind of technical glitch in given that I never got an email.  Do you just reapply by hitting "configure" again?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)