Is 400 hits per day on a Hub a good number?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (24 posts)
  1. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

Just wondered.................

1. hazelwood4 profile image64
      hazelwood4posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Donotfear, How long has your Hub been published?  Also, are you receiving the traffic directly from search engines?  The truth is all traffic is a good number though.smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes.

3. Rosie2010 profile image68
      Rosie2010posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Definitely!  That's awesome.  I'm happy for your. smile

2. donotfear profile image83

It's been out there a long time, over 2 years, but gets a steady number of hits per day, rarely under 350 these days.  I'm just curious.  Traffic comes mostly from Google search engines.

1. Robie Benve profile image94
      Robie Benveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wish mines had that kind of views. Of course I've been on HP only a few months, so I guess I have hope the traffic will develop, but for now that figure is more monthly than daily.
      Congratulations! : )

1. carol7777 profile image75
        carol7777posted 11 years agoin reply to this

robie: After reading this I felt like quitting.  I am not even close.  Hope you are doing great. I do feel, like I said I have written too many hubs with not enough views.  I know some are not great and should be gone..but why not keep them.  I got zero sleepers in almost 100 hubs of which I felt I deserved.

3. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

HubPages Statistics

Published Hubs: 1,160,721
        Forum Posts: 2,182,091
        Total Users: 2,282,156
        Published Users: 147,958
        Hubs with 10,000+ Hub views in the last month: 331
        Hubs with 1,000+ Hub views in the last month: 7,954
        Hubs with 100+ Hub views in the last month: 69,259
        Hubs with 10+ Hub views in the last month: 325,452

1. DeborahNeyens profile image93
      DeborahNeyensposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting stats. Thanks for sharing!

2. donotfear profile image83
      donotfearposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So if I'm getting 350 to 500 hits daily on it, then I'd be in the 10,000 views section.  I can do the math.  Cool......It's the only one that gets that many a day..

4. profile image0
    rgmg50posted 11 years ago

I agree those stats are very interesting. It gives one a good idea.

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where did those stats come from?  I would of thought there be way more Hubs with more trafiic than that.  Only 331 with 10,000+ views in the past month?  That seems like a low figure.

1. Kangaroo_Jase profile image73
        Kangaroo_Jaseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure Andy, as I reckon that 90% of hubbers do not write more than 10 hubs before stopping. It is also 147K people that write hubs out of the 2.2 million member base.

2. WriteAngled profile image74
        WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The statistics are those reported by Hubpages itself on this very site at the URL I gave in my posting.

5. pinappu profile image82
    pinappuposted 11 years ago

400 hits per day on a hub? So, low?? Very bad.

6. carol7777 profile image75
    carol7777posted 11 years ago

What is the topic? Sounds really good to me. I wish I were getting that many!

7. mattforte profile image86
    mattforteposted 11 years ago

One hub, 400 hits per day.
    Why people say "zomg this is low" I don't understand. If there were 10,000 pages getting 10,000 hits per day we'd be on a goldmine. The fact is, a large majority of the hubs on this site are low quality - I have a hard time hopping without flagging one of every three hubs.
    I've found that I average somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 a penny per hit. (Nothing scientific about it, just looking at my daily views and how much I make each day tends to be around that number)
    That's a buck a day for one hub, $30 a month. If you write one hub and make those kind of numbers, you've gotten your money's worth.

I must be doing something wrong.  I have written way too many hubs with little return.  Maybe it is time to move on.

1. Cardisa profile image89
        Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Carol, you have only been here 2 months. You need to give your hubs time to age. I think Donotfear said his hub took 2 years to mature. Give your hubs at least nine months before doing anything drastic.

What the stats don't show is that most of the people with 10,000+ views per month have been here more than 2 years. Some have been here for 5 years.

Thanks so much..Reading all of this can make one crazy.  I appreciate your taking time out to encourage me...Okay I will show some patience and right now.  Thanks again.

2. mattforte profile image86
        mattforteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You've only been here 2 months, and you've completed over 100 hubs. That's almost 2 hubs a day. THAT is what you are doing wrong. My best hubs took me a long time to research, and then write. Some of them I'd get home from work, and work on them until I went to bed (late).  Quantity is not king, Quality is.
        People who hop on here and publish junk (Carol I haven't read anything of yours so I don't know what you've published) and participate in those stupid "X hubs in X days" challenges are the ones that fill up the bottom row of those stats. Slow down and take some time. Read good hubs, see what they're doing right. Don't copy other garbage off of the internet, be original. Read the learning center, HubPages has some of the best advice I've seen available on how to write well.

Also, pages take time to mature in google. I wrote one particular hub back in May that got 5 views a week when I published it. 3 months later it suddenly got ~50 views in a day, and started growing from there. Earlier this week that hub reached 200 views, and has consistently stayed above that number all week. Every week it seems to get more than the last (aside from a few slumps).
        I've been here almost a year, and all of a sudden the hubs that were scraping by are getting hits.

Write good content, publish it, and wait. (But feel free to fine tune once in a while)
        I'm sure the poster's hub didn't get 400 hits a month after she first published.

Thanks for great response.  I have slowed down a lot.  For some reason as a new person  I just started writing like mad.  I am down to a few a week now. And you are so right.  Thanks for clearing up all this.

1. Cardisa profile image89
            Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Carol, Mattforte is right. the 30/03 and 60/30 challenge does not give the chance to do proper research. I have published 2 articles per day but those Hubs I worked on for weeks. I published 19 hubs last month bu most of them I have worked on for more than two weeks and some are recipes.

Slow down a bit, revise your hubs and see if those hubs are really search friendly. But as I said before you might not see any signs just yet, give it a few months.

8. donotfear profile image83

On the hub I wrote that gets 350 up to close to 500 hits a day; I originally wrote it over 2 years ago.  After following the instructions on using better keywords and using the title tuner, it changed the whole thing completely.   I'm not kidding, it was unreal.  I also go in and tweek different hubs regularly, or change the keywords in the title.  It does make a difference, especially when you use the suggestions that Hubpages gives us.

Now, that's the only one I have that gets that many hits.  Once I had a hub that one of my FB friends shared and it got 800 hits in a day!!  It freaked me out so bad, I was afraid I'd been spammed or somebody was trying to get me in trouble; but not!   That's the only time it ever happened.  On my others, if I'm lucky, I'll get maybe 29 a day or something, but usually it's the same ones. 

So I go to the ones that do poorly and tweek them, change pictures, reword the title, look for better key words in the google key word thing.   One thing you can do is type in the subject in google and see what comes up first.  It's another good way to rearrange your title.

I'm certainly not wealthy from this, can't live off of it, but at least it has paid me a little.  I don't make a living from HP, but it gets me some gas money!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)