HubNuggets Event for June 11 - 17, 2009

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (48 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years ago

We have a new group of HubNugget Wannabes and their Hubs this week and hope that you enjoy reading them as as you select one as your favorite of the week. The Top 5 Winners will receive recognitions and increased Hub traffic, so please support these new writers and don't forget to vote at the end of the set. You will note some amusing reminders along the way from the HubNuggets Team...

Meet this week's Wannabes at:

Nuggets Beneath the Green Corn Moon

Wannabes! - If YOUR Hub was selected as a HubNugget Wannabe this week, tell everyone you know so they can vote.  They do not have to belong to HubPages to vote, because voting is open to the public 24/7. Email it, Tweet it, Digg it, Tagfoot it, Facebook it, place it on MySpace and wherever you please. 

Congratulations Wannabes beneath the green corn moon, and happy reading, Everyone!

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Great, Patty!  I hereby offer my solemn vow to read the HubNuggets and vote.  By the way, I'm still waiting for them to close the poll from the last HubNuggets and made an announcement.

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks wordscribe41! - There will be a slight overlap this week, but the transition will occur nonetheless.

4. profile image0

Whoa...  I didn't know I got another nomination.  Thanks!

5. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 14 years ago

Yay, Patty!  I'm going over to read the hub right now.

Hey, WS - you swapped out the pen for a pic of a hot babe!  Very nice to see your face.

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Shirley.  Hot babe, I like that.  Sayonara pen.

6. dipless profile image68
    diplessposted 14 years ago

woohoo, I got a nomination this week thats great so excited smile Yeay! I am going to go and read all the other nominations now and better get people reading my hub wink lol congrats to all the other nominees, and look fwd to hearing who won last week smile

1. profile image0

Congratulations, dipless.  smile

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  7. dipless profile image68

Thanks you too 2 on the trot quite an achievement smile Well done

1. profile image0

"On the trot".  I love it, might have to steal it if that's okay with you.

8. dipless profile image68

@wordscribe41 by all means it is a very british phrase so steal away wink

9. dipless profile image68

cheers Shirley, was some great hubs this week, enjoyed them all smile

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71

So glad you liked them!  smile

10. ripplemaker profile image76
    ripplemakerposted 14 years ago

Yipppee more nuggets!  I'm on my way Patty! smile

11. RKHenry profile image63
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

Voted.  Great picks this week.

12. ripplemaker profile image76

Congratulations wordscribe and dipless..I had fun reading your hubs. smile

13. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

Good job!

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

GrrrrrEAT hubs this week, each one a good read and a lot of topics. I could read 24/7 smile

15. anglnwu profile image70
    anglnwuposted 14 years ago

So surprised and absolutely delighted to get nominated. More than woohoo--I'm whopping around with disbelief!  Congrats to all the other nominees too!  Check them out!

16. dipless profile image68

just thought i would give this a shameless bump so peeps can read and vote on their favourites wink

17. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Congratulations anglwu!

I have given this thread a bump too-

smile

18. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

Oh one more nugget!
    Where do I vote?!!!

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Right here, Cashmere:  Nuggets of the Green Corn Moon

19. cashmere profile image77

Wokey Done it!

20. cashmere profile image77

Was a bit surprised not to see Reena Daruwalla's politically correct hub there...
    I thought it was brilliant.

21. Shirley Anderson profile image71

We like brilliant.  smile

22. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Thanks so much for the hub nugget team's diligent efforts - have read and voted

23. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks for any and all votes. smile

24. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

hokey-smokey some good readin in them there new hubs...
    read and voted
    zs

25. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Thanks Zsuzsy Bee!

26. Charia Samher profile image62
    Charia Samherposted 14 years ago

I have learned about HubNuggets few days before I got nominated and promised myself to participate after that. But I missed the last batch. I've made it this time. tongue

Voted! smile

27. dipless profile image68

Hi Peeps, Just a naughty little bump to remind those of you who havn't voted today is thast day...please put in your vote for the favourites, and to those who already have thank big_smile

28. Shirley Anderson profile image71

Thanks, Dipless!  You have a hubber's heart!  smile

29. dipless profile image68

big_smile glad to hear it big_smile

30. Hup Challenge profile image66
    Hup Challengeposted 14 years ago

I voted...finally! I made it an even 100 votes. smile

100 people have voted in this poll.

If anyone else wants to vote, do it quick because I'm pulling together the winners and will be sending out this week's newsletter tomorrow morning.

Also, now that I'm back from vacation the newsletter will be back on schedule and will be send out the following Wednesday.

(now go and get your vote on, Hubbers!)

31. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

32. ripplemaker profile image76

Yoohhhhoooo! big_smilecoolsmilewinkbig_smile

33. dipless profile image68

was a good amount of votes this week, not quite as many as previous week, but thanks to all who voted big_smile

34. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89

A pretty good voter turnout, considering vacations and absentee voting. It was much fun.

35. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 14 years ago

Congratulations to the Top 5 HubNuggets!

http://i41.tinypic.com/aqntl.jpg

For the new batch of HubNugget Wannabes, visit:

This hub of great work by new authors!

ProCW & the HubNuggets Team

PS. Hup says the newsletter will be coming out shortly!!! smile

http://i41.tinypic.com/aqntl.jpg

36. profile image48
    CabinGirlposted 14 years ago

My fav Poem got nominated and I am so happy as my Poems mean so much to me especially that one. I am a happy Cabin Girl !

Patty Inglish, MSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's your very favorite one? How about that? HubPages is good.

37. profile image0

Thanks everyone who read and voted.  By the way, the beginning of my Getting By Without Getting Fleeced article doesn't start out the way it says above.  It doesn't say:  "I'm finally making some money on the internet..."  Weird...

Must be the T-storms and sunspot activity over the US. Computer systems are great when they work corectly! Hope this doesn't ruin anything for you.

1. profile image0

Darn those thunderstorms.  I acually think it's a bit funny.  No harm.  smile

38. dipless profile image68

Thanks to all who voted...yippppeeee never came 1st in anything wink Congratulations to all the winners and nominee's...off to vote for this weeks big_smile

WOW! - people like physics! and cats, of course...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)