Attractive People vs Unattractive People

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (41 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 11 years ago

Studies show that attractive people have advantages in life that unattractive people do not have.   Attractive people tend to earn higher salaries and/or more successful.    People deemed to be less attractive and/or unattractive tend to earn less than average salaries.    Studies further confirm that attractiveness is important even in careers where looks are not the determinant.

Besides that, attractive children tend to be treated better by both teachers and parents.   They are perceived to be more intelligent and sociable than their less attractive counterparts.    Also, other children tend to like them better and feel more at ease with them.   

Looks are even influential when it comes to convictions with unattractive people being more likely to be convicted for the same crime than attractive people.    The premise that beauty is only skin deep is just a saying.   BEAUTY happens to RULE!     

Maybe, it is the primitive response that people feel more comfortable with those who are more easy on the eyes.    That is where the saying eye candy comes from.     People just love to be around attractive people, pure and simple.    The unattractive and/or less attractive people make people uncomfortable and uneasy.   Let us discuss this!    Why looks are so important in this society?

1. Abby Attwood profile image56
      Abby Attwoodposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I also agree that looks play a huge role in one's personal path to success in life. It is kind of like the advertisements on TV... they're not putting an actual hamburger they bought from the drive thru on there! They've got a perfect specimen (most likely fake). Even if another burger would taste better, the more attractive hamburger would be the one that people buy!
      It's sad, but true, but each of us can do our part to look past looks and find the true people and talents that lie beneath our exterior.

gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Corporations and companies consider it to be good business practice to hire attractive people, particularly in jobs which there is much people interaction.    The public want to interface with people who are easy on the eye.     Attractive people "draw" people which in turn are "enhancers" for the corporations and companies.    Attractive people are money makers for the corporations and companies because they draw more clientele in which makes more profits for the corporations and companies involved.   

Less attractive and/or unattractive people are not "draws"  , in fact, they "repel" people which means decreased profits for the corporations and companies involved.     If one is less attractive and/or unattractive i.e. ugly, one will in less likelihood be hired in people professions.    Corporations and companies depend upon image and "uglies" detract from that image!

Another good point, GM. Isn't it funny how people can decide whether you're nice or mean based on looking at you? We create characteristics of people based on appearance on a daily basis. Do you think this is a learned trait or a natural one?

1. A Thousand Words profile image68
            A Thousand Wordsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If more people made it their business to teach there children and incorporate into social norms, etc, that looks aren't that big of a deal people would learn to go against that. Same as people learn anything in life as they grow, that what glitters isn't always gold, etc. I really do believe it is natural to a degree but much is learned through perpetuation, and that we could teach ourselves to stop, but... we won't. That involves the majority of the population using rational thought on a consistent basis. No offense to our race, but people prefer to be ruled by their emotions, only using "reason" to back up their emotional decisions after they've made them. It makes life simpler congitively/mentally, though MUCH more complicated in other areas.

A Thousand Words, You made some great points here. We are seeing more and more companies use "average" people on their ads and I think it is actually changing the general opinion on what is attractive and what is not. It is hard to rule your own emotions, but the most successful people do it well. This is a skill that should be taught in school!

2. gmwilliams profile image84

Attractiveness is associated with more positive traits than unattractiveness.   Studies show that attractive children are oftentimes seen as more intelligent, sociable, and agreeable while less attractive children are viewed as lazy, unintelligent, and unsociable.    A study confirmed that unattractive people are MORE LIKELY to receive harsher and/or longer sentences for crimes while their attractive counterparts receive shorter sentences for.    Looks metaphorically are either the gateway to heaven(attractive people) or the gateway to hell(less attractive and/or unattractive people).

GM, Those facts are really sad! I wish there was an easier way to level the playing field so that people could more easily be judged by the qualities that they possess rather than something that in the end can mean nothing.

It is like high school where all the honchos, cheerleaders, prom queens, jocks, and the popular kids are the elite and the unpopulars, nerds, and/or other so-called outcasts are on the outside looking in!    It is the MEAN GIRLS CLUB multilplied so to speak.  The attractives are the elite while the less attractives are in the middle, and the unattractives are at the bottom!   As the comedienne/actress Carol Burnett stated that people who judge people mainly by looks are immature indeed!

Remember Gabourey Sidibe, an actress, when she was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actress.   Howard Stern ranted how Ms. Sidibe was a one hit wonder.    Mr. Stern further remarked that someone with her looks had no future in the entertainment business.    Joan Cusack, an actress, told Ms. Sidibe to quit the entertainment business as it was not for people like her for the business is extremely image conscious.     These people were telling Ms. Sidibe that she was too ugly to be an actress!

1. Gotridame profile image60
                  Gotridameposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Making an analogous observation here!    Either make a significant contribution to the discussion or get off the page!

3. profile image52
            solar77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh please STOP, I have encountered, dealt with, heard and seen character qualities of both mean and nice on both sides of the track. Ugliness or beauty doesn't define who we are. It is apparently the lack of a heart and conscience(sometnhing wicked this way comes)laying at the primordial core of a person increasing it's amplitude for distinction and awareness. It's only a superficial grafting of advertisement that has superceded and swayed the mind of the less than wise and inheritant beguilers that leech and latch onto these proposed animosities of GROSS misunderstanding.

"Ugly smuglly, piggly beauty all wrapped up in a porked blanket of insubstantial evidence!"

I see your point.   Why are YOU so upset about this?   No need for that.    In this society, sadly, many people are apt to judge by physical appearances.   Attractive and/or beautiful/handsome people are more easy on the eye than those who are diametrically the opposite. 

Attractive/beautiful/handsome people have myriad opportunities and avenues presented to them that the less attractive/ plain/homely/ugly people have slammed in their face.  That is a fact of life.     How many models and movie stars can be classified as ugly/plain/ unattractive physically?   An extreme minute percentage!   

Studies confirm that less attractive people earn less than average salaries although they may possess stellar educational and job qualifications!    BEAUTY WINS, UGLINESS LOSES BIG TIME!

2. A Thousand Words profile image68

You're missing the point...

2. Melissa A Smith profile image96
      Melissa A Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"The unattractive and/or less attractive people make people uncomfortable and uneasy."

Sometimes the complete reverse is true.

Seldom is the case that beautiful/attractive people make others uncomfortable.   It is often the opposite, beautiful/attractive people draw others to them and make them feel at ease.    There was a scenario created by ABC 20/20 which two women were lost- an attractive and an unattractive one.   

People were more willing to assist the attractive woman while letting the unattractive woman do the best that she can!    If one is unattractive/plain/ homely/ugly, he/she is left to his/her own devices so to speak.   In other words, that person is a repellant instead of a draw in the eyes of people!

1. A Thousand Words profile image68

Well, I believe they're referring to the fact that many people get nervous around beautiful people. They feel intimidated. Sometimes it's a "good" uncomfortable, because they value beauty in a positive respect, but it's still uncomfortable because they feel inferior.

3. profile image52
      solar77posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is an uneducated systematic response of the IGNORANT debased mind that in sad reality is saturated in our society on massive scales of disgusting magnitude. I often and more recently have to reflect on the OUR primary book of ethical and moral knowledge to find answers...one that guides us in truth and honesty; the BIBLE.  It is here you can find the answers of how corrupt and uncivil we trully are as people.
      I would like to believe in the BETTER of people, however more and more people are lacking respect and LOVE for one another, and when I say LOVE I mean unconditional and the way JESUS CHRIST would perceive and expect LOVE from us or for us.
      The BIBLE is full of quotes, parables and statements that quite clesrly define that we should not judge in this manner, or JUDGE another person at all, even wisdom defines this in aces.
      'Love your neighbor as you love yourself' sums it up quite irrevocably without error.

"It's all about vanity, pride and lust....and we all know what GOD thinks of those attitudes."

"Oh how perverse and wicked are these generations?"

+1,00,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!

4. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree that, in general, attractive people do fare better than unattractive people. It can be seen in any arena, even the church. I once lived in a community where everyone was attractive, held high-end jobs, their children, houses, cars, chothes, hair - everything about everyone in the community was all about beauty. The church was no different. Only the pretty people could participate in leadership positions. Only the pretty people could be on the worship team. But, when it came to activities that were conducted behind the scenes, positions such as the church secretary and the bookkeeper could be held by people who were overweight and considered less attractive. They even wanted the maintenence people to be attractive because they were sometimes seen by patrons. This is a true story. I remember the maintenence lady crying to me on numerous occassions because the ladies at the church made her feel bad because she was a little overweight. The things they said to her were cruel. These are Christian people who claim to be saying what they say out of "love". Well, the maintenence lady finally quit, but she helped me see that pretty people win over less-than-pretty people.

I now live in a retirement community and none of us worry about being pretty. We look how we look and dress how we want to dress. The first time in my adult life, I walked outside to get the mail and didn't have my makeup on was a life-realization moment for me. I can be me and not be judged by the way I look. I think all of life should be that way, but I know things will never change.

Pretty is pretty and who doesn't like things that are pretty? I'd rather have a pretty necklace than an ugly necklace. And, after saying that, I realize that pretty is subjective. It's what I believe is pretty. Someone else might think it's ugly. All-in-all, society has certain criteria for what they consider pretty and if we don't fall into the categories laid out, we might be left out of the benefits extended to the pretty people.

YES,  Marlene B, beauty and attractiveness are the name of the game.   If one is attractive and poor, he/she has a better chance of getting out of poverty than those who are unattractive.    There are many tales of attractive but poor women who left poverty and were successful.  Ava Gardner and Vanity among them.   I knew one woman at work who received stellar evaluations although she did not do a lick of work-all  because she was extremely attractive.   She was just eye candy.   

Attractive people tend to attract better mates than those who are unattractive.    They also have more choice as their mates and significant others than those deemed to be less attractive!   To reiterate, looks are either a gateway to heaven for the attractive or the gateway to hell for the unattractive.    In general, life is much easier for the attractive in many ways than it is for the unattractive.    In other worlds, the unattractive have a long, arduous road in life!   They often get the leftovers and the crumbs and are on the outside looking in!

Marlene B, the maintenance lady reminded me of the actor Gabourey Sidibe.    When she was nominated for Best Actress, she received derision for her looks.   There were remarks as to how someone who looked like her could be a noted actor.    She was called everything but a child of God.    Almost everyone stated that she was lucky to be in the entertainment business as her looks were deemed unsuitable!

1. MarleneB profile image92

Now that I am wiser and more aware, I shamefully admit the advice I gave my youngest daughter when she had just graduated college. She was going on an interview and I told her not to worry about the job. I told her she is so pretty the employer will hire her just to have her in the office. I further told her to just wear something pretty, smile, and answer the questions. Fortunately, she also had the skills to do the job. But, guess what? She wore something pretty, smiled, and answered the questions. She got the job. Fresh out of college against other, more experienced people. Why? Because she's pretty. And, when she decided to take her skills to become self-employed in her industry, I told her not to worry - that she will get clients because she's pretty with a sweet personality that people will want to be around her. I admire my daughter because, although she is conscientious of her looks, she doesn't want to get by on that alone. In an industry where looks are everything, she doesn't put her picture on anything, not even her website. She said she wants people to hire her on her merits and not on the way she looks. That's awesome. But, the truth is - her looks got her there in the first place. Had she looked like, say Gabourey Sidibe, she might still be looking for a job.

HEY,  you have spoken the truth!     LOOKS COUNT!   That is the truth, attractive people tend to be promoted more thus are more successful in life because they "draw" clientele.    If one is going to pursue a career where there is much people interaction, one had better be attractive or there is little likelihood that HE/SHE will get the job although HE/SHE possess stellar qualifications.   

In essence, the plainies, homelies, and the uglies, although they are smart, will have a harder time getting hired, especially in good, high-powered jobs than their more attractive counterparts.     Corporations and companies do not want plainies, homelies, and/or uglies in their employ, especially in jobs which require public contact, because they will repel clientele.   If such people are hired, they are in jobs where they no or very little public contact.

1. MarleneB profile image92

Yes, and what you say goes toward my comment about the people who work in the back office of the church. They don't come in contact with people on a day-to-day basis, so it really doesn't matter what they look like. But, gmwilliams, you put it in the right light. The more face-to-face time you are likely to have with the customer, the prettier the company wants you to be.

I'll share another life story. This one is about my oldest daughter. She's really cute. And, she has a fun personality. She's very skilled at her job. But, she put on a little weight through the years and found herself never being promoted even though she had the skills. Her job is a high customer interaction job. We both know, she would not have succeeded to the level she wanted with that extra weight. One day we were talking and I never suggested that she should lose weight. I would never do that to my children. Besides, I can't talk. I could stand to lose a lot of weight, myself. But, back to the story... Anyway, we were talking about her job and she mentioned about how everyone in the company worked out at the gym and they all looked great. She saw the pretty people being promoted. She, on her own, decided she would start going to the gym to work out. She started riding her bike to work for exercise and then showering at the company facilities. Well, long story short, she lost a lot of weight and now she looks adorable in her cute "little" business outfits. People at work started noticing and commenting on how great she looked. Guess what? The company is now training her to be a manager for one of their nearby locations. They are paying for special licensing and sending her to school to learn another language, etc. - all on their dime. Life is good. Why? Because now she is considered pretty enough to represent the company. Pretty people have it better than others. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is that way. I know it and my daughters know it, too. No matter how beautiful you are on the inside, you lose out to a lot when you are not able to make that beauty seen on the outside.

That is life.   Looks reign supreme.    If you have the looks, the world is your oyster.   If you do not, you are at the world's anus so to speak.    The cuties get kissed while the uglies get dissed!

5. profile image52
      eritaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes that is true even in work if ugly people go for an interview they even control the way you perform in it they treat you in such a way that makes you feel uncomfortable in an interview .they can even control the way you respond to them making you lose your self confidence and self esteem mainly to make you unemployable to them.Once you just steped on the door of their office or company they may know whether or not you will get the job before they interview you .

2. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

This  is quite a topic for discussion, gm!   What you have presented here, in terms of "studies," is interesting, but much more importantly, it is 100% accurate.......despite what some may like to see as politically INCORRECT.  Some things simply don't require the results of studies to be a simple fact of life/human nature.   They just ARE.
    From babies all the way to adulthood......that which is more pleasing and desirable to the eyes......all that is "visual," has the power to attract, before most all other aspects of an individual.
    Children are attracted to the bright, colorful and more "fun to look at," toys.   For teens, let's face it, IT'S ALL ABOUT LOOKS.   Young men and women learn well and quickly what it is that brings them the most "attention," from peers, as well as the rest of society.   Beauty has a power, all it's own. 
    Young adults, begin their search for mates by "judging" upon attractiveness......FIRST.  All other considerations, come later.   Let me just make this point in a simplistic way.   Having a choice, between Brad Pitt-like men or Don Knotts (Barney Fife)-type......must I really suggest which man would be gravitated to??   On the same note, let's give men the choice between the Angelina Jolie-dazzler or perhaps, former Attorney General Janet Reno....(no laughing).....Even being generous to Janet.....it's fairly rational to say 99% of men, would choose Angelina.   Sure, this may be something that people want to reject, based on the unfairness it.....but object all they choose, it IS what it is.    This attitude of preference for "beauty"......involves most aspects of life, as you have mentioned in your intro......While I may have used "extremes," in my explanation, it works for my purpose.
    Should there be any doubters.....I would simply suggest they research the multi-billions of dollars yielded through the Industries of beauty products, diet, Spas & Salons, fashion and cosmetic surgery.
    People are not spending this kind of money, time and energy for lack of something better to do. 
    There is a wonderful scene in the movie, "Liar Liar," starring Jim Carrey.  When his young son asks him about the adage, "Beauty is only skin deep,"  Dad, at that moment, under a spell that prevents him from lying, says to his son, "Oh, that's just something ugly people say."
    I believe we may rest our case. .........
    gm, be prepared for many responses from the politically correct and the dreamers and wishers....who will say, "There is much more to a person than what meets the eyes."   While this is undeniably TRUE....and everyone is aware of this fact, it is not the main theme of your question.  Your question calls for brutal honesty and what is truly HUMAN NATURE.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving..........Paula (Effer)/2012

Totally agreed, many people do not want to acknowledge this but looks are an extremely important component in this society.      Attractive people are treated better and given accolades and privileges which the unattractive do not receive.    A Vanessa Williams is always preferable over a Gabourey Sidibe!    A Charlize Theron is always preferable over a Jennifer Aniston!    A John Stamos is always preferable over a Barry Miller!

The former is always adulated and elevated while the latter is certainly to be denigrated at best !   Looks DO COUNT in this postmodern society, even in careers where looks are not determinants.   Corporations and companies are very likely to hire attractive people over less attractive people, putting aside the prerequisite education and job qualifications.   A very sad fact of life indeed!

2. MarleneB profile image92

Paula, you are so right, and that line, "Oh, that's just something ugly people say." - had me rolling on the floor for the longest time. It's hilarious, but so true. After I heard Jim Carrey say that, I couldn't stop laughing throughout the rest of the movie. In fact, I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking about it.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

The saying about beauty be skin deep is not denying beauty is useful in the world, just saying that it doesn't actually make you a person of higher moral worth.

1. Maestrony8 profile image61
      Maestrony8posted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7370760_f248.jpg

2. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Precisely......That saying means that while beauty is of the visual world,  character, compassion and moral compass, come from within.  I think we are all aware of the true meaning of this.  Often, phrases are simply used to serve purpose in a discussion.

4. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 11 years ago

I can confirm that size also does matter

5. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Different people have different opinions on what constitutes beauty. Some people find big butts attractive, some find them disgusting. Some people prefer chubby people, some people are only attracted to skinny people. Some people are only attracted to people of certain skin color or hair color, and some prefer facial/chest hair over bare skin.

It's in interesting theory, gmwilliams, but I just don't see how it can be proven one way or another.

Even though each of us have differing definitions as to what is deemed to be attractive, there is a general societal consensus is to what is attractiive.    Symmetrical features are considered to be more attractive than asymmetrical features.    In women, neotonic(babylike) features are considered to be more attractive than one with less babylike features e.g. Charlize Theron is considered to be far more attractive than the late Amy Winehouse and Vanessa Williams is considered to be far more attractive than Whoopi Goldberg.   Hedy Lamarr, the 1940s movie star, was considered to be the MOST ATTRACTIVE woman of all time!

2. profile image0
      zampanoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow ! Ain't this fun !

6. frantisek78 profile image79
    frantisek78posted 11 years ago

Whether we like it or not, everyone has a reaction to how other people look. This is usually positive, negative, or neutral. Just think about times when we need to ask a stranger a question about directions or whatever: we don't just go up to the nearest random stranger, but instead look around first at the faces of the people who are close by and then make a choice as to who we'll ask. I can bet you all that all of us go up to someone who we find attractive (thus friendly) than to someone who we find ugly/unattractive and thus unfriendly or unhelpful.

True indeed!   Which author would you rather go to and listen to his/her speech, an attractive/beautiful/handsome one or one who is plain/unattractive/ homely/ugly?   People are instinctively drawn to more attractive people whether one chooses to acknowledge it or not!  An unattractive person may have excellent presentation skills but evidently he/she is not going to draw an audience in like the attractive person!

7. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Unfortunately beautiful and handsome ones always have a better time in life and revive better treatment than those perceived as unattractive. Also shorter and heavier people suffer discrimination as well.
    I'm sure thatch why some moms put their kids in beauty pageants--to give them an advantage in life perhaps?

Not to digress, girls and young women who enter beauty pageants, especially if they win, do have liftetime advantages.     This pertains particularly to careers in the entertainment business.    Girls and young women who enter pageants have exposure and that often helps them succeed in the entertainment business.     Look at Halle Berry, Diane Sawyer, Oprah Winfrey, and Vanessa Williams-they all were in beauty pageants.    They have an advantage over girls and women who were not in beauty pageants.    They had it far easier in the entertainment business because of their beauty pageant beginnings.    They did not have to go the route of the average woman who had to take menial jobs to get an edge up in the entertainment business.

8. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 10 years ago

Beauty is a law of nature. The majority of people find certain proportions and symmetry to be more beautiful than others. It is proven scientifically. It is a matter of health and what is considered a potential mate for producing offspring.

This is probably true with animals as well, to some extent, where the animal is attracted to other animals by visual cues.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)