Celebrities who are off their rockers

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 11 years ago

I'm thinking about writing a hub about celebrities who are off their rockers, or very weird/insane and do/say/believe crazy things.  Two I can think of so far are Tom Cruise and KRS One.  Who are some celebrities that you think are crazy?  Why?

1. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Come on, people!  This could be fun.

2. bat115 profile image78
      bat115posted 11 years agoin reply to this

KRS One? I have heard nothing about him since I was maybe 6 or 7. What has he done?

1. profile image0
        Lybrahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

KRS-One believes hip hop to be a religion, and that men are gods and should worship themselves.  I saw on Youtube an interview with him and he talking some serious foolishness (I wish I remembered where to find it)...but anyway, go to his website and read about the Gospel of Hip Hop...

1. bat115 profile image78
          bat115posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, guess I need to catch up on him. Last time I remember hearing about him, back in the early 90s, He was going on rants about Kids not reading enough books.

3. Byonder5 profile image60
      Byonder5posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Stephen Fry, who just  to be a bigger and bigger start in the UK went AWOL from his West End show a few years back.

4. profile image60
      logic,commonsenseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Most all of them are off their rockers.
      Look at the ego it takes to do what they do.

2. seanorjohn profile image72
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

David Icke a sports presenter turned pro nutter, Google him,

1. Alastar Packer profile image70
      Alastar Packerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Did just that- Google him that is. Wow, a pro nutter who sells out Wembley Stadium to amatuer nutters, not to mention other big venues around the world. What a gig if you can get it.smile.

3. nurseleah profile image82
    nurseleahposted 11 years ago

Well, over the years I can think of a few:
    Britney Spears is always getting a lot of flack for some of her antics
    Courtney Love in the olden days
    Lindsay Lohan
    Tonya Harding (hired some thugs to beat Nancy Kerrigan)
    Axl Rose (caused a riot at a Metallica concert once, I believe...it was pretty out of control)
    Ozzie Osborne (bat incident and more)
    John McEnroe (aggressive tennis guy)
    Hugh Grant (lewd conduct...that's all I'll say about that)
    Mel Gibson (see if you can find the answering machine recordings for that one)
    Michael Vick...didn't he fight dogs?
    Charlie Sheen...also, always into trouble
    Billie Joe Armstrong (lead singer of Green Day) recently had a meltdown onstage. Google it. Kind of interesting.
    Mike Tyson biting another man's ear off

These aren't really weird beliefs, but definitely some out of the social norm behaviors. Should get some interest from our celeb-obsessed culture.

1. seanorjohn profile image72
      seanorjohnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey, John Mcenroy is a great guy. He is now a  respected and brilliant commentator. I agree with the others on your list. Buut J MAc is really not the pits.

1. nurseleah profile image82
        nurseleahposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good to know! I don't know much about many of those people. They are just names and stories I remember hearing stuff about.

2. profile image0
      Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hugh Grant's still kinda cute. lol

3. brimancandy profile image78
      brimancandyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Axel Rose jumped off the stage and started beating up a fan, because the fan had a camcorder, and was filming the concert, and it pissed him off. This was before youtube, and digital cameras, where you can now see almost any concert footage for free. I guess the guy he beat up had severe injuries, and mr. rose fled the country so that he would not be arrested.

Not sure what he is doing today. Don't hear much about that band since. Though some people say he would keep fans waiting to see the band for hours, because he thought he was above everyone else. That tour went through our state, and caused a huge riot at one of the cities that hosted in, and that venue was permanently closed so that would never happen again. 30,000 people descending on a town of 5,000, and pretty much tearing up everything in sight.

4. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 11 years ago

Piers Morgan

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 11 years agoin reply to this

big_smile big_smile  big_smile big_smile big_smile

5. kingsingh profile image57
    kingsinghposted 11 years ago

How about Courtney Love, Amanda Bynes, and Tiger Woods.

6. bat115 profile image78
    bat115posted 11 years ago

Let's be honest... Wouldn't every single celeb qualify for this?

7. logoquiz profile image60
    logoquizposted 11 years ago

Britney Spears and her hair shaving episode is the first crazy celeb that comes to mind, altho she seems a bit better now. Or what about Kanye Wests moment of crazy when he interrupted Taylor Swifts award speech?

8. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 11 years ago

Any and all of the Kardashians...

9. brimancandy profile image78
    brimancandyposted 11 years ago

Celebrities who have careers that are going into the toilet, only act crazy to keep themselves in the headlines. Look at Lady Gaga and all her crazy outfits, she stands out over all the other entertainers, and now has people trying to copy her. (Madonna, Cyndi Lauper, and Boy George actually did it first.)

Rosanne Bar was the first one to admit that a lot of the celebrity tabloids, an shows like TMZ are basically news magazines for those who want to be found, and there is probably an agent telling these so called news reporters where their client will be. Rosanne said, people think that celebrities hate the tabloids, but the truth is, some of their careers would die if someone wasn't promoting them, and it's free publicity. Though I have heard that some pay to have their stories in print.

Watch the movie "Soap Dish." It pretty much tells it all.

10. Scottie Futch profile image66
    Scottie Futchposted 11 years ago

I hear Kat Williams was arrested at his home then found to havevweapons and illegal drugs. He's got some issues you might exploit for fun and profit. smile

11. junkseller profile image79
    junksellerposted 11 years ago

Ted Nugent is the first that comes to mind for me.
    How about James Russell. The Kony2012 guy. His nude rampage was epic.

1. brimancandy profile image78

The only thing crazy about Ted Nugent is his support of the NRA. But, like other gun business owners, he has a big money stake in it. Did you know that he has a kill and grill restaurant? Where you can actually hunt an animal on his property, and then eat it after you kill it? He also gets money in endorsements from the NRA for supporting the gun lobby.

He's not a nut, he's a smart business man. But, it would be nice if he would get into a different line of business.

12. Silva Hayes profile image77
    Silva Hayesposted 11 years ago

Randy Quaid.  Kathy Griffin.  Amanda Bynes.

1. profile image0

Russel Crowe hit a hotel desk clerk with a phone.

2. brimancandy profile image78

Kathy Griffin? Really? where does she fit in?

1. Silva Hayes profile image77
        Silva Hayesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What she did on TV on New Year's Eve, shown all over the world, caused me to add her to my list of celebrities who do crazy things.  It was an extreme example of sexual harassment in the workplace and out there on video now forever.  Crass, gross, tacky, unfunny, I could go on.  Just my opinion.

13. ienjoythis profile image68
    ienjoythisposted 11 years ago

Lisa Robin Kelly -  Eric Forman's sister on That 70's Show.

14. paulburchett profile image60
    paulburchettposted 11 years ago

Has everyone forgot about Betty White and friends? lol

15. getitrite profile image70
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

Angus T Jones morphed into a psychotic religious whack-job, saying things that could permanently ruin his career.

1. profile image0

Of topic... I love this quote by Albert Einstein. "Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible laws and connections, there remains something subtle, intangible, and inexplicable. Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious."

1. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think that means what you think it means.

1. profile image0

lol... Well, assume what you will... I just think that's a great quote and your pic. made me think of it.

16. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

I didn't know KRS One was crazy. Anyways, I'd include Lauryn Hill- she has six kids, is 35+ and living with her mom, well now she's in jail for tax fraud. And just think 15 years ago she had the world at her feet.
    I'd say Amanda Bynes, Katt Williams, Courtney Love and I'm sure there are others you have in mind. Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)