Obama's Betrayal

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (123 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/20 … icans?lite  Yeah those liberals at NBC trying to skew the president...

As someone who considers myself a liberal, I feel lost when it comes to halting the erosion of our civil liberties, which is disconcertingly bipartisan in nature.  George Bush's Justice Department authorized the use of torture, and now the Obama Justice Department claims he can order the killing of anyone, "even," according to NBC, "if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S."

This isn't the change I wanted.  http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02 … -memo?lite

1. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well Obama does admire Lincoln who suspended a few rights in his day.

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
        Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I get nervous when Obama keeps comparing himself to Lincoln, JFK and MLK. They all got assassinated, and Obama has a lot of enemies.

1. rhamson profile image71
          rhamsonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think Obama is the most protected man in the history of the world. His car, plane, houses and family have nothing left untouched by security scutiny and vigilance. His schedule is a state of the art arrangement with agencies all over and he has an historic number of agents at his finger tips.

I think he will be okay for his tenure in the White House. Hopefully the ones that would harm him will lose their fervor when he leaves office and security will probably be loosened a bit.

I wonder if Obama's legacy will be softened a bit also. "W" has stayed out of the limelight which keeps the legacy of his stewardship in office on the downlow as well. Only time will tell for the both of them. I think "W" was the worst president we have ever seen rivaling Jackson. I say that even though I voted for him both times. The other two that ran against him were just idiots is why I voted for "W".

2. PhoenixV profile image63
          PhoenixVposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I regurgitate a little bit in my mouth if  obama and co. compared himself/ themselves to Abraham Lincoln, John Fitzgerald Kennedy or Martin Luther King. These were Men among men and their own men. They would never compare themselves to others to disingenuously glom on to others. You cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. No matter how many times they or their PR team try to make it stick.

1. profile image0
            Brenda Durhamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well-said!

3. 2besure profile image80
          2besureposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto Jean, What's with that.  Does Obama have a martyr complex or something?

4. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, he does have a lot of enemies, especially looney tunes gun nuts running around in the woods in camo outfits. However, I haven't heard Obama compare himself to Lincoln, King or Kennedy. [Not saying he hasn't.] It's a bit early for that comparison.

1. innersmiff profile image64
            innersmiffposted 11 years agoin reply to this

With as much love and respect as possible, I'm starting to get impatient with your insatiable need to paint any opposition to Obama/Democrats as insane, stupid and/or dangerous, and I think it's time somebody called you on it. Your ad-hominem unnecessarily antagonises your opponents and obfuscates the real debate we are trying to have. Furthermore, it makes your own points less persuasive. If you are not aware of this, then please bear it in mind in the future. If you are aware, I wonder what you hope to gain. Since this is a bi-partisan issue, you would do well not to insult potential allies in the fight against executive assassinations.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image65

What I said was factual. There are hundreds of gun nuts and survivalists running around in the woods in camo outfits. And Obama has had more threats on his life than any previous president.
              And I'm not sure he has compared himself to Lincoln, Kennedy or FDR.

1. Barefootfae profile image62
                Barefootfaeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They were there before Barack. They will be there after Barack.
                You ever see the movie The Survivors with Robin Williams?
                That was decades before Barack. Right?
                The comments posted about you are correct.

"They were there before Barack." 

Absolutely true.  For example, Ted Kaczinski, the math genius from University of Michigan, and Tim McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, also one of our fine Michigan lads. Not to mention John Hinckley who almost killed Reagan. However, I get the feeling that the number nutjobs has increased in recent years.

I don't.
                    I just think they are being pointed to  more frequently by guys like you who peddle fear.
                    That's all  you got Ralph. Read the Forums. People are waking up.

2. innersmiff profile image64

I have no objection to fact, just to prejudice. "Looney tunes gun nuts" is not something you would find in an academic paper, nor in a post by somebody wishing to solve bi-partisan problems. Is there something especially wrong with an individual who runs around in a forest with a gun wearing camo?

Of course you are completely free of prejudice. Give me a break!

1. PhoenixV profile image63

Your party got hijacked in 63' and derailed in 68'.

Nobody is, but I don't go around calling everyone who disagrees with me a 'mouth-breather'.

5. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
          Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Don't you worry about Obama. He will send his drones to make sure he stays safe. I can't believe how stupid I was to not just vote for him once but twice! I feel like such a dork! sad  He uses his high level education words and reels us in with his smiles. So many of us ended up feeling stupid. Live and learn folks. Live and learn.

6. Wayne Brown profile image81
          Wayne Brownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is no need to be concerned...Joe Biden has his back.  With Biden in the VP seat Obama is as safe as a lily pad in the middle of a swamp. ~WB

2. Wayne Brown profile image81
      Wayne Brownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

....Killing anyone of his choosing...isn't that exactly what he did in Benghazi? ~WB

What gets me is this - This isn't the change I wanted.

Fours years and two votes later..... people are still betting their lives on mendacious campaign platitudes?

Congrats! Hey what happened to all the cheers from a couple months ago and how stupid Conservatives were?
          You re-elected him not me. Now you see what we have been trying to tell you. And NO Mitt wouldn't have been any better. And NO hell no Ron Paul would not have been any better.

I didn't vote for obama either time. Although I am not particularly a  Ron Paul fan I do believe he was probably the only real candidate in there.  The other 2 are just spokespeople for world banking cartels, media/propaganda  cartels and globalist elites, in my opinion.

The only reasons I voted for George Bush were Al Gore and John Kerry. Those were enough.
              Now all these people elected Barack Obama twice.....not like there was anyone running against him.
              Change huh?
              Nothing has really changed has it? Has it really? I knew it wouldn't and if those who trumpeted all this were as intelligent as they insist they would have realized this as well.

As I said earlier, what amazes me is some are still repeating banal campaign slogans - like " we want change".

What some need is a reality check that will clear at the bank.

Some of these folks actually believe he wrote the ACA. You know that right?

2. profile image53
                whoisitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

We doubled the deficit in 4 years, that's a change.

Oh right....that's the reason I don't have any change.
                  big_smile

1. profile image53

I "hope" you find some "change" so you are able to move "forward".

Trillions more debt and twice the price on gas, 30% raise on food prices and as far as I can see nothing to show for it.  Oh, I am 110% sure I will hear its - Bush's fault and wars on credit cards. But that dont add up.  I am coming up short 3 trillion dollars at least. The states put in a lot of cash. Entitlements are a drop in the bucket. Did we have to rebuild Germany, and Japan and send a man to mars while I wasnt looking? Where the money?

1. profile image53

What do you mean nothing to show for it? Michelle has bangs now.

2. Barefootfae profile image62

What money?
                    Oh....you mean YOUR money that they will tell you is not YOURS?
                    The rich.....that's it!!!!!!!!!!

2. profile image0
            Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Mitt Romney would have been no better on National Security and privacy issues.  Both parties (majorities within) are willing to erode civil liberties.  Thinking a vote for Romney would somehow not only stop this trend, but reverse it, is the height of naivete.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65

Me, either!

2. torrilynn profile image66
    torrilynnposted 11 years ago

Yeah i agree with you. The thought that he can kill anyone is unfair and unreal. the changes that have been made in my eyes havent been for the better

3. Zelkiiro profile image89
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

BETRAAAYYYAAAALLLL!!

[/spoony]

4. Zelkiiro profile image89
    Zelkiiroposted 11 years ago

Also, way to give this thread a stupid attention-whoring title. You should've gone with "Obama's super-controversial new drone policy" or "Obama's drone strikes can target Americans?" instead.

Considering Obama campaigned promising the scaling back of militarism and the police-state, you don't think it accurate to consider his policies a 'betrayal'?Better attention-grabbing than not in my opinion.

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

The Might House? Anytime, anywhere.

6. LauraD093 profile image71
    LauraD093posted 11 years ago

Sooner28 Alas political-deceitfulness again taking place in our "democratic" government. Betrayals are part of the process...don't you know? I am disappointed in a lot of what has happened within the current President's term(s) but in may ways we make our own beds. When we believe what is being promised without skepticism in today's power structures we are only setting ourselves up for yet another mighty fall.

7. tammybarnette profile image61
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Sooner, I am upset as well, first he strengthened the Patriot Act and now this...I was willing to give the drone program a chance...if we were able to limit damage to civilians and keep boots at home, I thought in theory, this can be a good thing...I have been studying about both of these programs and their constitutionality. I know we are living in different times, terrorism has grown like a cancer on this earth, but now it seems(gulp) are we terrorist?

I am glad you created this forum because as a democrat it is hard to find a place to vent my frustrations about this Administration. It would be nice if we could have open conversations that were bipartisan. I always feel the need to defend Obama because I DO believe in much he has accomplished, but this....I don't like this, not even a little bit...

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
      Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm a Dem and upset by this drone business too. But it's not the beginning of our trying to take over other countries, we have bases almost everywhere. The President is privy to information that we puny citizens do not have. Still, I wish all the politicians would work for the betterment of our Country instead of worrying about their next re-election, or getting rid of Obama. The choices of people we get for elections gets worse and worse, people need to get involved at the lower levels of government. And I've been there, nobody feels like they can make a difference anyway, so why bother? I've gone door to door on local issues in my community, and people are even too disillusioned about that. So they feel that their representatives in Washington may as well be on another planet, they aren't representing the wishes of the people once they get there.

1. tammybarnette profile image61
        tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen, The people have either given up hope or become indifferent but change will only come when the people can come together for the common purpose of saving OUR country. Everyone changes after being elected, my personal opinion is that; when they get there, they learn that there really aren't any choices to be made.Big Money is running this country, and likely every other as well. My eyes were opened when I learned about the Iran Contra Affair, I am sure it started way before then.

2. profile image0

I'm glad a fellow liberal is not closing their eyes.  I've seen other liberals on here simply ignore or severely minimize these developments, and I don't know why.  Violation of civil liberties doesn't have a political color.

Obama has done some good things.  He has advanced gay rights much farther than Romney or McCain ever would have, along with strengthening fuel efficiency standards and giving women easier access when suing for pay discrimination.

Unfortunately, there has to be a red line that will ultimately cause supporters to withdraw.  A politician cannot be given immunity without consequence.

3. Barefootfae profile image62

Please understand this.....
      When all these elections and stuff happen and folks like myself...who have supported both parties in the past....tell you this man is and was no different I got all manner of insults and stuff thrown my diretion. it wasn't like that at all.
      A politician is a politician no matter how you groom him for the role he is to play. Do you really think Barack Obama is deciding all these things? Now do you understand why we shouted about the people around him and choices in such that were being made.
      When Pete Townsend wrote "Meet the new boss...same as the old boss" he knew precisely what he was talking about. John Lennon even chided the left for not knowing what they were doing really.
      And before you get started I didn't really care anything for John McCain or Mitt Romney...I just called a hell of a lot less for what was coming down the pike with Barack Obama.
      Gitmo was NEVER going to be closed. There really are some bad apples there. Not just poor little Bedouins who were in the wrong place.
      It's time to stop treating these decisions like we are rooting for the best college team in the BCS. They are actors. Period. Someone else backs it all and you have to take that into consideration.
      I will stand back now and here the obligatory rant about the Koch brothers. Which just proves my point.

Fae, No need to stand back now, I have no need to mention anything about the "right" in this forum. I have a big problem with GITMO, that is not the way Americans are suppossed to do business. As I stated earlier, I still support many of the policies of this Administration, but I am not at all happy as to these new "powers." I believe this country is run by Big Business; actually, more specifically, Big Money...this fact doesn't seem to change, no matter who sits in the Big Chair..and that was the "change" that I "hoped" for...

Was never gonna happen dear.

8. innersmiff profile image64
    innersmiffposted 11 years ago

It's past time liberals, libertarians and other anti-war folk came together to expose Obama. I can personally put aside economic differences if it means ending the bi-partisan agenda of war and police-statism, what about you guys? Or is Obamacare that great that it's worth sacrificing your civil liberties and thousands of innocent lives each year for?

1. profile image0

At this point, I would support a Ron Paul libertarian to end this madness.

In turn, I'd be happy to endorse the American Green party candidate. I was actually impressed with her debate with Gary Johnson, despite some disagreements.

1. profile image0

Either one seems willing to end imperialism and puritanical laws.

I don't know if you've seen this video-http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2013/02/06/tsr-moos-flip-bird-at-judge-pkg.cnn

People are acting outraged that she showed such "disrespect" to a court of law with her constant giggling (which I think was a sign of nervousness).  Yet, the majority of the courts have allowed the erosion of civil liberties to go unimpeded.  The judges and police officers are also complicit in the immoral drug "war" that the United States is still engaged in.  If your actions and positions are absurd, maybe ridicule is deserved.

These judges don't represent justice as you rightly point out. They're a bunch of thugs representing government and the special interests that pay them. The woman said "adios", which is Spanish for "bye" - on what grounds is there to double the bail? All for possessing Zanex . . .

They use partisanship as a tool against the people. Your neighbor is republican and would probably bake you cookies, or make you lunch, loan you a cup of sugar. Your neighbor is democrat, probably help you jump start your car, give you a ride to work, loan ya 2 buxs for lunch.

partisanship is a useful tool because it plays into a basic human trait of "us against them".  Humans want allies against perceived conflicts of their own interest.

partisanship keeps the creeps in power.

Exactly! As long as the American people are arguing ideologies they (we) are to busy too notice the atrocities. I am not sure if any that will ever run for office could be any different and still get elected. I have seen certain policies from D and R Presidents that sets then apart, but for the most part, they are all representing an agenda that has been in place for some time...

2. profile image0

This is true to a certain point.

There are differences though, at least on certain issues.  Gay marriage isn't a n issue supported by the GOP.  Democrats have had to lead when it came to fighting for equal rights for gay Americans.

Democrats also don't generally push creation bills in science classrooms, or (though this isn't as true as it used to be, since many Democrats are now pro-life) restrict a woman's freedom over her own reproductive system. 

But, on the more fundamental point about supporting the current power structure, both parties are basically the same.  I see it as more of the "elites" arguing, rather than a real choice when it comes to elections. 

Both parties are willing to allow big business to destroy the environment, broaden the government's powers to spy and assassinate, and ensure legitimate third party contenders are kept out of the national debate.  If Obama and Romney were truly very different cats on the inside, they would not have worked together to keep Gary Johnson and Jill Stein out of the president debates this year.

This is true to a certain point. There are differences though, at least on certain issues. Republicans believe in the American dream. Personal responsibility. Working for a living. Telling the truth.

I am not partisan. I am just countering your partisanship.

Sometimes I think they use subliminal messages in TV shows flashed on the screen in milliseconds - Republicans want to take old folks social security checks away from them. What difference does it make a Republican replies, democrats want to have death panels, so what does it matter.

Legitimate third party contenders are often used as spoilers to draw votes from a particular candidate. But it is such a "sure thing" now they dont even do that.

9. Barefootfae profile image62
    Barefootfaeposted 11 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/7669960_f248.jpg

10. Barefootfae profile image62

Did you notice the lack of liberal opinionation since we started this?

Olly Olly Oxen Free!

1. profile image53

Cartoons are still on.

Ouch. thats gonna leave a mark.

1. profile image53

Gotta get the news somewhere.

11. Barefootfae profile image62

BTW during the day as I have been commenting my commenter status went from II to I.

1. profile image53

I don't even know what that means.

Means they dropped my status.
        Not that it matters but why other than not liking what I had to say?

12. profile image0

This isn't a left and right issue to me.  Anyone who has read my forum posts or any of my hubs knows I am a staunch liberal.  Being liberal does not mean one is culpably silent while a democrat is president, but morally outraged when a republican is.

There are differences within the parties on domestic policy, but this forum discussion is not about domestic policy or the differences between the two parties!  There are a few brave conservatives and liberals who are standing up to Obama, but it's not the majority. 

Liberals are afraid of criticizing Obama because they don't want a republican in the White House, and many conservatives have engaged in such hateful rhetoric towards Obama (calling him a Muslim non-citizen baby killer) that any legitimate criticism from the right is immediately tainted.  I am guilty of the latter.

It does not matter if the most vile, normally vacuous conservative were warning about the police state (Rush Limbaugh), it would still be a warning we all needed to heed, liberal, conservative, moderate, whatever the case may be.

Very well stated Sooner!

This!

3. Barefootfae profile image62

I can be down with that.

4. Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60
      Jo_Goldsmith11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Bravo ! Bravo!  Sooner. smile  I was a liberal. I will never vote again. The stupidity of voting for Obama twice! sad  This is all the stupid I can handle! sad

If you are truly a liberal, please do not feel stupid! Much has been accomplished. Healthcare for all, yes it may be painful in the beginning, but this is ground-breaking history being made. Gay persons and women can feel safe that their liberties are protected. Immigration is moving forward...there is much to be proud about...the economy is improving, we are becoming more energy independent, but we must figure out what comes after the industrial age. However, we are a nation of trailblazers, we will figure this out! Do not lose hope, do not quit voting, signing petitions, letting your voice be heard! Obama is but a man! He is not Christ, he WILL make mistakes and we must let him KNOW when he does, it is our responsibility to do so, we voted for him!  I have written letters and signed petitions to let him know that I voted for him, and I did NOT vote for a stronger version of the Patriot Act!!!  I DID NOT vote for kill lists or targeting AMERICANS!

Your optimism is astounding. I wonder whether all of this stuff is worth the unlawful killing of innocent civilians and the destruction of civil liberties.

Of course not, but be honest, if Romney won we would be doing the same thing, only worse I am sure we would be full boots on the ground war, and NONE of these POSITIVE actions would have happened! So, atrocities are never acceptable, but we have the lesser evil at the VERY least.

I believe picking a lesser evil is still picking evil. It's time, not to send an email to our congress-people gently reminding them what their job is, but to completely reject the current political system and start again. If we accept this now, what will we accept in the future on the basis that the other guy might be worse? It's an absurdity, and dangerous.

Although I understand your point, First I do not believe Obama is evil, I believe the Patriot Act and kill lists and having powers to hunt and kill Americans is evil...I actually believe Obama is a good POTUS and I disagree on some points of our foriegn policy. Second, I do not think America is corrupt, nor do I believe our ENTIRE government structure is corrupt, I believe we have work to do, I believe there are many corrupt career politicians and some structural change should happen to be more in line with the Constitution which would eliminate career politicians. I believe money is the root of the problem and that lobbying should be illegal. I am not anti-war, I wish we could have a peaceful world, but that is simply not reality. The Middle East is exploding... we have to protect our Nation. However, I do also believe that some such efforts are more about money and power and our interest in such, but which is which? I am not privy to know....

This is difficult because we disagree economically: Obamacare is not a good thing, in my opinion. It is a fascistic system that will ultimately provide the opposite of what its stated intentions are. The economy is not getting better, unless you believe the government's inflation numbers. Except they have a vested interest in getting people to believe that the stimulus and money-printing is working. There are less things to like in Obama than you might think.

Not only that, but what about Gitmo? What about the fact that, despite promising otherwise, this administration has been one of the most secret in history? He promised no tax increases. He's invaded countries without congressional approval. How on Earth can you believe he is a good president?

I believe Obamacare is/ will be a great thing. Healthcare costs are astronomical, pharmaceuticals being the leading culprit IMHO...I do think it will be hard to implement, there will be challenges and the CBO has already stated the cost has risen, mostly due to employers dumping and states not readying exchanges, so yes it is messy, but I think this will be a good change for my children and their children. As far as the economy, the stock market hit a 5 yr high, usually a good economic indicator, however, the QE is probably the reason and yes could be setting us up for another bubble(something to watch and prepare for) We must figure out what to do past the industrial age, this is the real underlying issue...To blame a POTUS for the social disorder is not accurate. Americans want everything and they want it cheap, but are unwilling to work for cheap pay, so there inlies the problem...we have outsourced ourselves. It is time the citizens take responsibility, the blame game fixes nothing(as we see in Washington, daily....sigh) It amazes me that many complain our government is trying to control us, take us over by tyranny, steal our rights, but I do not SEE these people DOING anything! Change will come from the people, by the people, or not at all.

I disagree. I think both of them work for the same people, just not - We The People. I truly think that it was imperative that they continue to employ the same candidate for another 4 years because they knew they could get away with a lot more with a "liberal mannequin" in place.  Its obvious why too. Its either GWB's fault or Romney's fault if he had got in there. Obama can do anything he wants.  The constituents are in a dream world of irresponsibility, adulation and denial.

I agree to a point. I do think Obama is different, I could be wrong of course, but he has caused the biggest rift I have ever seen from the GOP whom I believe sold out to Big Business years ago. I am of course not saying ALL R's are corrupt or that all D's are saints, corruption knows no label, but I think he is different. This latest develpoment has troubled me because it has compounded the disagreements that I already had about the Patriot Act, and GITMO and honestly for not pursuing a case against the former Administration for war crimes...now I understand why, because he has followed the same line in Foriegn Affairs...Do not fool yourself however, that all Dems or libs are sitting back quietly, because we are not. You may see some far lefties not accepting reality, but many of us are questioning, writing, and petitioning.

I believe you. I do.  They got it "fixed" pretty good though. In 2016 you gonna vote your party line?

Depends who runs for the GOP, I like Huntsman...Not sure who will run for the D's either...I like Hillary, I like ole Joe, but would probably vote for Huntsman over Biden.

13. profile image0

Look at this.  There is common ground tongue.

For a short moment, but...progress all the same smile

14. taburkett profile image58
    taburkettposted 11 years ago

I knew from the beginning that this would be the result.
    This is exactly what you get when people corruptly elected a persone who has no respect for life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness.
    This is seen through research of the communities that President Obama destroyed as a local operator who did not respect the lives of those living in the poverty communities.
    Instead of improving the incomes of those families in his support communities, he moved those individuals to other distressed communities where they continued to live in poverty.
    Meanwhile, the previous areas where those people lived were converted to high-cost condos so the elite of the workforce could live closer to downtown amusement operations.
    While Obama worked with his wealthy benefactors, he moved the distressed families further away from hospitals, their work locations, and community support.  This caused all of the distressed families further distress through increased costs to live.
    The deceiver then moved from local to state and finally federal leadership where he also took care of his benefactors while never relieving the distressed.
    Thus the society is on a downhill spiral for the next 4 years.
    Buckle up, because it is gonna be a rough ride.

What on earth are you talking about?

1. taburkett profile image58
        taburkettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli … o/1899391/

CHICAGO — From the violence-plagued neighborhood where a young Barack Obama cut his teeth as a community organizer, activist Diane Latiker watched the president deliver his election night victory speech. She felt a certain pride as he called for an America that was open to the "young boy on the South Side of Chicago who sees life beyond the nearest street corner."

Latiker also felt a pang of frustration that the president hadn't made addressing the issues of poverty and economic despair, so pervasive in her neighborhood and in some of the nation's most violent cities, a higher priority during his first term in office.

I feel the same way. However, Rome wasn't built in a day...

15. hitohitaroh profile image61
    hitohitarohposted 11 years ago

good post

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)