FIXED: Temporary traffic stats issues.

Jump to Last Post 51-72 of 72 discussions (149 posts)
  1. Dorsi profile image86
    Dorsiposted 11 years ago

My views dropped yesterday in half - and are still down.

2. Isabella Snow profile image84
    Isabella Snowposted 11 years ago

My stats are starting to go back up now. Still quite a ways off from a normal weekend figure, but I think they are on the way back to where they should be now.

3. meloncauli profile image91
    meloncauliposted 11 years ago

I have just read the entire thread and must admit to becoming pretty fed up with all this. My stats have been down for around a week or more now...substantially down. I know I have only been on HP for just under a year, but I have completed the Apprenticeship Program, and actually I don't feel that what I learned is doing me one scrap of good. It's improved my writing and hopefully helped to give me better quality hubs, but I am now sinking yet again! The point of writing is to get your work "out there" and seen.
    It's soul destroying to see views halving overnight....and stay down for weeks at a time. Mine actually tally with GA!

I wish I had the hundreds and thousands of views you all talk of losing. Mine has rarely gone over 100 per day, so when I take a hit like this , I am usually down to 30-40 views a day. After many months of continual writing it doesn't give me the impetus to carry on.

4. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 11 years ago

I can understand why everyone is so frustrated about loosing over 50% of their normal views. Mine seem to be down as well.
    HOW the hell do you get 5000 views a day? I'm lucky if I get 30 (Thirty) a day.
    Send me a fan mail and let me know your wonderful secret. Please, please, let me know.

1. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The ones who get 1,000s of hits per day tend to have 100s of hubs, so they have more Hubs that have potential to generate views.  Beyond that, I suspect they are using SEO practices to rank well in search engines and are writing about topics that get a decent amount of searches each day.  Many are also likely  using social networking to share hubs, like Facebook and Twitter.  Although I don't have a Twitter account myself, it appears that building a Twitter following can be a great way to promote hubs.  If you blast a hub out to 1,000 Twitter followers, you will get many views.  If your blast gets retweeted or shared in other ways on the net, than that's even more views.

5. Isabella Snow profile image84

The drop was an internal HP issue, not anything Google related.

My stats are still in the process of recovering. At this rate it will be another day or 2 before they are correct.

6. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
    mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years ago

My Stats for the last 24 hours still seem to be down by around a thousand views compared to Analytics.

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...*something* is still messed up.
      Maybe if we keep bumping this they will tell us what.

7. anujagarwal profile image57
    anujagarwalposted 11 years ago

Stats for my account are still at least 70% down. May be it will now get corrected after weekend only.

8. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

My views are down two thirds today  I looked for a Panda, but only found a page rank update for February. I don't know what that could do. I guess it could downgrade page rank for some sites. The stats problem is verified to be HubPages issue.

9. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

If the stats are truly fixed, then I am truly doomed...

10. molometer profile image78
    molometerposted 11 years ago

Doomed is such a loaded word lol

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I had high SEO hopes for my latest hub. All for naught. It's just laying there and the flies are circling.

11. Isabella Snow profile image84

My stats are still catching up, but earnings from yesterday are normal as well, so I really think this is nothing to worry about. It will sort itself out.

1. brakel2 profile image74
      brakel2posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congrats on having over 1000 hubs,Isabella.

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, multitudinous congratulations, Isabella.

12. lex123 profile image79
    lex123posted 11 years ago

I have lost more than 75% traffic and it keeps decreasing. Hope it will get corrected soon.

1. sabrebIade profile image79
      sabrebIadeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So I'm guessing "FIXED" does not adequately describe the situation?

13. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 11 years ago

FIXED????? I think the person that posted "FIXED" needs to come back and have a little read - my Stats are still falling!! HP stats are not reflecting reality at all!! (or analytics)
    My best performing hub is still in no.1 position in Google but has a total of ZERO views in HP.. as have many of my other hubs - my views are about 20% of normal..

Come on HP - Fix the problem properly!!

14. agilitymach profile image93
    agilitymachposted 11 years ago

I just discovered a -1 in page views off of my Traffic Sources.  As I'm pretty sure it's impossible to have someone negatively view a page, I'm thinking there is a glitch.  I'm still relatively new to Hubpages, but I've also noticed that things like this tend to get fixed on weekdays.  This I understand, so I'll just be patient.  Hubpages has always fixed these issues even if it takes a few days.

1. Asp52 profile image78
      Asp52posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have just noticed -1 from HubPages, -2 from Google Russia, -1 from Bing, -1 from Google UK. This would indeed suggest a HP issue. I first noticed the -1 figures a week ago, I was running a little experiment to see the impact on my traffic by not publishing in a two week period after a frenzy of activity. So I thought it odd but possibly connected, my traffic from last last 7 days is down 80% on the previous week and when compared to same week in 2012 I am getting less impressions but better earnings.

Like most have commented, I'm sure the issue will be sorted soon enough and can understand the loss of morale these problems cause.

15. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 11 years ago

They REALLY need to stop slapping "FIXED" on something when it isnt.
    I just had to report another problem in another thread that says "FIXED" and it looks like that one has been an ongoing issue for weeks now.
    FIXED means it's fine and it works now.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image88
      mistyhorizon2003posted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1 Totally agree as slapping 'FIXED' on something could stop staff reading any new posts on the thread that show it was not 'FIXED' at all and was still a problem.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Stats finally appear to be heading in the right direction. Normalcy may be approaching! big_smile

17. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

Mine are still down 50%. A little better than yesterday. We need more views or better articles. lol  Most page 1 are still on page 1. What is going on?  We need to have some fun. Anybody for a party?

18. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Could we at least get an explanation of *what* was fixed?

19. ellesvoice profile image60
    ellesvoiceposted 11 years ago

I'm relatively new, so I expected people just weren't into my hubs anymore, but I did notice a significant drop in views on my popular hub and that none of the new ones were getting viewed much at all!  Hopefully things are back to normal soon, it's really discouraging when you go from pretty great traffic to pretty much none at all!

20. nybride710 profile image60
    nybride710posted 11 years ago

Yep. I've been on Hub Pages for 2 years and have never seen anything like this.  I normally have right around 1,000 views a day.  For the last several days, it's half that.  My most popular hub usually has at least 400 hits a day, now about 150.  Some are showing zero that have never shown zero before.  It's frustrating, because I know it isn't right.  Traffic just doesn't drop that fast.  It has been several days now.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It happened late last year for a couple of days or so, too.

Seems it may be fixed, though - my traffic is climbing rapidly as yesterday's pitiful numbers drop off and today's take their place.  It's nearly doubled in the past few hours.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

nybride, I checked the placement of my hubs on Google. Even if one gets pushed down one space, it can make a difference of several hundred views. I noticed one that had that happen and view more pushed down a place.

1. nybride710 profile image60
        nybride710posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think at this point most of my hubs are showing normal traffic expect my best performer.  That one usually has over 400 view a day and is sitting at about 100 for the past several days.  It has had this kind of traffic consistently for the last 6 to 9 months.

21. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 11 years ago

Traffic slowly and painfully climbing up and then dropping all of a sudden is becoming a recurring issue. If it's because of Google, we can do little about it; then both Hubpages and writers lose income. If the hitch is because of HP and the page view figure is shown low (and assuming that Google's own statistics are right and there is no fall in real traffic) then I believe there is nothing to worry as for as Adsense revenue is concerned.

BUT

If the hitch is because of HP, it is the writers who get paid by HP's own Ad Program are going to be the LOSERS and HP the gainer. This is something that troubles me.

1. Rock_nj profile image89
      Rock_njposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I haven't seen any drop off in HP ad program earnings over the past few days, which seems to indicate that those earnings are based on a 3rd party's page view numbers, like Google, rather than HubPages own internal page counts.

22. Isabella Snow profile image84

I believe that earnings from HP's ad program were perfectly normal over the last few days while the stats were catching up. It was a stats glitch and nothing more. It is frustrating at times when it happens, but only because it's difficult not to mistake it for a new Google algo change -- but beyond that, it is nothing to worry about.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)