What is more important to God?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (14 posts)
  1. davidkaluge profile image55
    davidkalugeposted 11 years ago

People say that no matter how good or right one can be or live, it won't be counted expect one follow a religious path of their choice. For instance, one must belief/worship Jesus for one to make it to heaven. This is what some people teach. Does it mean God does not bother if we do the right things but all he wants is for us to worship him or his son. Some Atheist are good yet they do not belief in God .

1. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is how some understand it yes, not all though. Inherent in all human beings is the ability to be good or bad, the choice is always ours. If one needs religion to help them make those decisions then so be it. Not everyone however needs religion to be good.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Everybody makes up what their particular God is and does. There is no reason why you can't do the same. Seriously. smile

3. ejjones0023 profile image60
    ejjones0023posted 11 years ago

Nothing is more important that GOD !

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Everything is more important than God.

2. pennyofheaven profile image79
      pennyofheavenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

'Important' is a concept given meaning by the scholars. Everything/everyone is important.

4. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 11 years ago

Christianity is not a religion of works. It is not what a person can do to appease God or earn their way into what God has. The merit is not in the works or deeds or physical activities. There is quite simply nothing that we can do to garner our way to Gods good side, except, to do what he says to do and God left us a record, a book, that will exist throughout earths time ( a reason for the book) that tells us quite plainly how we enter into Gods favor.
    So no, it doesn't matter how many good things a person does, or how many animals they sell during tabernacles or how many street corners they yell through a bullhorn in an effort to save unsaved sinners.
    The base prerequisite is believing in God and then doing what He says; thereby entering into a relationship with God. Christianity is personal relationship based with the creator of all things - the God of the bible.

That is why good people who do good things are rarely if ever Christians.

1. profile image0
        brotheryochananposted 11 years agoin reply to this

yet another blanket unfounded statement. I'LL JUST BRING ONE POINT to mind for your mind, if you don't mind. There are many free dinners here in my town and other towns indeed most of the towns and cities around here, victoria, nanaimo, vancouver, ladysmith, duncan, cobble hill etc who offer free meals monthly, there is even dinner on the ground - used to be called dinner on the mound but they moved the mound and put in a parking lot lol.. actually a building. They serve free dinners 3 times a week and a good size to i might add because i checked it out. Now who are behind all this? 7 christian churches. I haven't seen the banks put on a dinner or even the mayors office etc. but i know the movements of the churches, being connected to all 7 of them and aside from the free clothing, food hampers and life sustaining influence and physical help so i just have to stop myself from hurling when i hear more unsupported trash full of dishonesty vomit  without conscience from your mouth continually.
        Now as to good people. Good people only go so far. You might classify a good person as one who says hello to everyone as they walk down the sidewalk or lend someone five bucks just because they ask, or put some change in a buskers cup. You might even say that large companies donate to the underpriviledged, and that millionaires give money to charitable donations (do they get a tax reciept is a question we must ask when dealing with large amounts of money because that's how charitable donations work when involving amounts of money over such and such an amount) But my point will be that those good people and those companies and milliionaires will only go so far. Donating money is easy, its a cheque written a tax receipt accepted and that's that. But church people, people who are involved with God go beyond that. They go farther. They give without thought to receive. They take people into their homes. Spend time cooking as mentioned above etc.. so in order to really dissect your post would take so much more space but that will be wasted on you seeing as i will probably read some cheap rebuttal that you think clever.

We know that's entirely false. We know the reason church people do those things is gain converts, that they do indeed have expectations to receive, while the millionaire, or anyone else are not looking for converts or anything else when they donate money other than to help people.

2. profile image0
        Deepes Mindposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Pretty general statement there ATM.

5. davidkaluge profile image55
    davidkalugeposted 11 years ago

Does it mean that men created God and decided what the God will want or God created men and gave them different things that he wants?

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

And I right off for now.

6. vector7 profile image59
    vector7posted 11 years ago

Since I claim to know the living God and His love, and considering I've been sharpening my Sword a little, I'll give it a swing in case you are searching for diligent answers in life.

Let's do a little fruit ninja, yes? First of all, believing in Jesus is no different than believing in God. (edit - any questions on "what about the ones who never heard of Jesus" can be answered but only if another thread is started with the question as the OP. At least I won't be dropping two cents otherwise)

Jesus = God - Whether the world (wide road destruction/many) agree with the followers of the only perfect soul to walk this earth (narrow road life/few) doesn't change reality for them. It only changes their perception, and lets be honest, the majority is never, and I mean never.. right. The cause is power, and the corruptiveness of it. But that's for personal digging and easy to find.

If you believe Jesus lived, and the accounts given by men concerning Him are true, then you can't deny He's God. At least not without calling Him a liar and then you might as well say He didn't exist.

"Believing in Jesus" for salvation is "trusting in God almighty" to fix us. I dare a single person here to claim they don't need fixing. (Now watch the bold one's step up - I'd never waste my time on such people who claim they are above needing God.) Yes, it's important by the way to do good. Jesus (aka - God) covers this in the Bible, especially the New Testament. Reading the four Gospels clears up many people's questions on whether He wants us to be good, doesn't mean that being good "earns" your ticket... it means you're doing right by trying and trusting God to do what we can't... fix us.

The reason Jesus is the only way is because He is God, who came to earth Himself. Now if you deny God Himself, then the other person you are following is umm? I'll give you a hint, most people think He's ugly, red, and has little horns. Yes, Satan... That's why Jesus states "...my sheep know my voice..." (that's a paraphrase) - Other "religions" aren't "religions" in the truth of the fact anyhow, because they aren't about God, which is the whole point of a religion.

Yeah, they spout God this and Allah that etc etc... but in the end who are they relying on? The person that can't fix the problem in the first place - themselves and their own work.. their "religious" work.

Now if that doesn't slap you in the face with a red flag, stop reading and do a little digging into logic.....

For six thousand years men have spoke of God, wrote down what God done, been in situations where God showed Himself in ways and worked on behalf of those that serve Him (To accomplish what HE wants, would make sense for God to do what He wants right? Who better to use than your umm... servants? smile to save the people who "BELIEVE" He will "SAVE" them..

If GOD saves us then guess what? GOD gets the glory.. If we "are good enough" by "EARNING" our way to being able to reside with God Himself then who are we giving credit? Ourselves.

Jesus is God, read the book of Jude in a ESV Version Bible friend(Jude 1:5). If you believe the Bible at all that is, which if you dig for yourself I already know the correct conclusion.

That is why "Faith" is how we are saved because it's saying God is not a liar and He will save us like He said He would. If we have no faith in God, then we "don't believe you God" and you make Him a liar in your heart. Thankfully we've all done that but He's patient.. VERY patient.

One last note. Much of the problem is people "nowdays" consider their forefathers idiots whether they admit it to the public society or themsleves or not. ESPECIALLY with that ridiculous notion of EVO-POOF-TION which is their stupidity being revealed (stupidity - having the knowledge and not using it) because there is NO SUCH THING AS evolution... It's called ENGINEERING and they renamed it to take away the MasterMind.. (God)

Any questions about my statement can be emailed to me, I probably won't post on this thread again. (Sorry all nay-sayers)  wink

God's blessings brother

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)