Yes, Christ paid for the sins of the whole human race, but?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (46 posts)
  1. SwordofManticorE profile image70
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

The real question is, will Christ get everything He paid for?

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
      Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Supposedly all the world's sin was dumped on him during the blackout on the cross, so yeah. He got what he paid for.

SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So what was He paid?

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
          Zelkiiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

He sold his human life for the sins of the world. His human life was taken, and the sins of the world were given to him. Pretty simple transaction, and only slightly less painful than shopping at Target.

I take it you dont take the question seriously. I hope I am wrong.

2. profile image0
            Rayne123posted 11 years agoin reply to this

It sounds like you are mocking Gods existence and what he did for us.

I believe that mocking God is a sin to the Lord

Maybe you can answer the question?

2. profile image0
          SandCastlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Jesus didn't die to get paid something. He didn't do it for gain.  He died to save us. It was a free gift given out of pure love.

Of course He didn't die to get paid. How absured is that? It was He who PAID for the sins of the world. So will He get what He PAID for is the question.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
              A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How absurd is that?

2. profile image0

So your Question is, "Will Jesus get the souls he died for?". Jesus doesn't get the souls, God does. Of course God will get what Jesus paid for with his life (a life he gave willingly to save humankind). I agree with A Troubled Man-your question is a bit absurd.

No one gets souls. When the body dies, so does the soul. There is nothing absurd about my question, because if most of makind is doomed to go to hell, then Christ was ripped off.

1. profile image0

That's your opinion that the soul dies. According to Christianity the soul does not die. No Christ was not ripped off. He would think it was worth it to save one soul, one lost sheep.

According to reality, souls have never been shown to exist. So, how does Christianity deal with reality?

2. SwordofManticorE profile image70

It ios not my opinion, it is written scripture. Christianity since the RCC, has messed up the plan of Christ. The world developes according to we Christians and our belief system, and for the last 2000 years, we have sure made a mess of things.

Well if I were Christ and went through what He did to save all mankind and ended up only with a few instead of all, I would feel betrayed and ripped off.

2. profile image0

"Will Christ get everything He paid for?"....He already has everything. He sits at the right hand of God.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59

Crucifixions were free of charge.

1. Ericdierker profile image46
        Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not true at all. Speak well or hold your tongue.

It's true, the Romans did not charge Jesus a red cent for services rendered. He was even allowed to keep the cross as a parting gift.

Okay Gandalf. lol

There was a cost. Perhaps it is best you do not understand.

What's so hard about understanding a myth?

1. profile image0

So you were being sarcastic in the other post. You obviously do not believe in God and are trolling.

So, according to you, non-believers are trolls. How nice.

1. profile image0

Trolls come in all sizes, shapes and have all sorts of beliefs.

3. aguasilver profile image69
      aguasilverposted 11 years agoin reply to this

John 6.

32 Jesus then said to them, I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, Moses did not give you the Bread from heaven [what Moses gave you was not the Bread from heaven], but it is My Father Who gives you the true heavenly Bread.
      33 For the Bread of God is He Who comes down out of heaven and gives life to the world.
      34 Then they said to Him, Lord, give us this bread always (all the time)!
      35 Jesus replied, I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to Me will never be hungry, and he who believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me will never thirst any more (at any time).
      36 But [as] I told you, although you have seen Me, still you do not believe and trust and have faith.
      37 All whom My Father gives (entrusts) to Me will come to Me; and the one who comes to Me I will most certainly not cast out [I will never, no never, reject one of them who comes to Me].
      38 For I have come down from heaven not to do My own will and purpose but to do the will and purpose of Him Who sent Me.
      39 And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day.
      40 For this is My Father’s will and His purpose, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in and cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day.

What is your understanding of John 6?

1. aguasilver profile image69

It's a double edged sword, there are prepositions in the verse: none will be lost, but equally it states that we need to come to Him.

The answer really rests upon WHO was given to Christ that could not be lost, was that ALL of humanity, in which case none could be lost, or was there a condition, that being coming to Christ and asking....??

If there is a condition, and ONLY those who come to Christ cannot be lost, then what happens to those who refuse, neglect or ignore Gods divine exchange?

What is the position of a human soul that will not accept eternity with God?

God MUST provide a habitat suitable to that soul/spirit/person to reside in eternally after mortal death, and if the desire of the soul/spirit/person is to NOT spend eternity with God, where does God put them?

John 12:32“And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw (drag) all men to Myself.

John 3:35 The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand.

John 6:39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day.

It is He who chooses us, not the other way around my friend.

1. aguasilver profile image69

Agreed, but what of those who refuse to be chosen?

Do humans have a choice or not, I imagine our resident secularists would object to being forced to spend eternity with God after death, as much as they reject Him now, so what happens to those who reject Christ?

Romans 11:32 For God has bound all men over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

Romans 3: 3What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it?

2. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

No He simply did not. There are too many out there that simply refuse to live up to the bargain. They take back their sins. I tell my 3 year old, "you will not be in trouble for throwing that rock at the house if you say you are sorry and will not do it again" He looks at me defiantly and says "NO", knowing full well the consequences.

But let me finish that story, the only punishment he really can understand is my being upset. Perhaps that is enough. I hope it does not torture him.

So Eric, have you never commited a sin more than once after you became a Christian?

Who you talking to -- Me? Of course. I am the worst kind of sinner because I know better. But my awesome friend will not give up on me. Sometimes he smacks me on the back of the head though.

Thats the thing Eric, our awsome friend will not give up on anyone. He will not lose one, and I know He will get everything He paid for Eric. That you can be grateful for as well.

Well that is our human condition. We think WE decide. We were discussing this about the sins of Peter(3xs) and the sin of Judas Escariot (1x) both did as God knew they would. Were both forgiven in equal measure? Doctrine says no, love says yes. Only John followed him to the Calvary yet all were blessed with the Holy Spirit. And what about that Thomas dude, how dare he doubt the Lord!? No matter what I do, God will do with me as he pleases. Not fatalism just faithism.

Amen eric.

2. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever wondered if we aren't approaching the question of sin from the wrong angle?  If he died for all sin, what we are doing is attempting to recreate the concept of sin as it applied prior to his appearance. Attempting to negate his action.

He said love God and your neighbor as yourself and all law is fulfilled. I would think the only thing after this comment, that could remotely qualify as sin would be an action not completely brought about by universal love. Which no one can claim to do. All actions have a selfish motive somewhere. Which means we are all in the same boat, no matter faith or philosophy. I would think Christians were the worst sinners since they have more reason than any to understand and follow the words of Christ, but they choose instead to daily attempt to negate his words and actions.

Emile, I agree with you on the status of these sins. Love is the commandment. Doing or not doing other things is a life choice and simply a way to refer to something that is less than loving. For us now, that is truly the only definition of a sin. Something that deviates from love. So while we can say "I have sinned" we cannot say "you have sinned" --- how would we know the hearts of men?

2. SwordofManticorE profile image70

Emily, from the bottom of my heart, I have to give you 2 thumbs up for your answer. What you said about Christians and sin is bang on. Most of us if not all have a selfish motive, but worst than that is that self-rightouse attitude in most of us, and that is far from Christ like.

3. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

AGREE !!!!    When comments like this one is SOoo logical  ... some people can't grasp it,
        We should follow that trane of thought further and see where it leads.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)