In 1966...

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (148 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Michael Lewis did a study on one-year-olds. He separated the child from their mother so that the child could see their mother, but could not touch her.

The male children did everything in their power to go around, over or through the divider, while the females cried, and screamed. (For the record, the females got what they wanted more quickly than their counterparts.)

Even at this age, these children displayed the characteristics of their sexes. So why do you think we were endowed, or born... with these characteristics?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
      Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Because, generally, there is positive energies in males and negative energies in females. It is the nature of the soul which incarnates into it's choice of either a male or female body. However, I have heard that Jaimie Lee Curtis had the genitalia of male and female and had the male aspect removed.

("History On November 22, 1958 a future scream queen, Baroness of Haden-Guest and Golden Globe winner named Jamie Lee Curtis came bouncing into the world at Cedars of Lebanon Hospital in Hollywood, California. She was the second daughter of power couple Tony Curtis ("Some Like It Hot") and Janet Leigh ("Psycho"), later following in both their comedic and thriller-capable footsteps in movies like "Halloween," "Trading Places" and "A Fish Called Wanda." Somewhere along the way "a doctor" leaked the information that Curtis was either born a hermaphrodite with both male and female genitalia or that she has "androgen insensitivity syndrome," meaning she was born with XY chromosones and is medically a male whose masculinization has been impaired." http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/jamie-lee … aphrodite/

Some souls incarnate into female bodies when they are male souls and vice versa… by accident? I do not know why some souls do not incarnate into the right bodies or in bodies which feature both sexes. Life is just plain weird. (This should generate some discussion, Beth!)

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
        Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

...What.

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll145/Zelkiiro/Forum%20Junk/IncomprehensibleClean.png

2. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, maybe we wont use the thread to promote those kinds of rumors. If Jamie Lee happens by though, feel free to bring it up. wink

1. Zelkiiro profile image87
          Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

She's too busy advertising sh*crap*tty yogurt with a lot of bullsh*crap* claims to wander by, anyhow.

1. profile image0

So yes, I laughed a little, but at the same time, I wondered if you've ever said anything nice in your life. lol

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

You are right, Beth... she has never admitted it. But it is a very widespread rumor.

1. profile image0

It is and one that would have to be shared by Jaime, her parents or a doctor to be proven. As none of them have given it any credence, I say we take the high road as we wouldn't really have a reason to continue spreading it.

Agreed. However, what do you think about actual cases, such as the one I witnessed first hand?  (...which I have edited out.) or is this off topic. If so, never mind.
              PS It is a very interesting experiment and finding that you have revealed. What do you make of it?

1. profile image0

I think it is a horrible thing for any child to face. I would imagine any mental or physical disorder would be, to say the least, an incredible odd to overcome... like retardation, heart disorders, spinal bifida, being born with AIDS, Downs Syndrome, etc. There's about 180 Atypical sexed children born a day. Im sure the number for other physical maladies are higher.

3. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You know there are books that may shed some light on that nonsense.

4. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yep...makes perfect sense.

http://agitki.ru/_ph/123/1/962660908.jpg

1. profile image0

What century is this?

5. profile image0
        SandCastlesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some doctor leaked the information about Jamie Lee? I think this is just gossip and it's really nobody's business anyway. And if the doctor did leak the information, what a scum bag he is and wouldn't he be sued?  I just dislike the speculations, "Is she a girl, is she a boy?" and they don't even see the person anymore. The person becomes irrelevant it seems.

2. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Some of the differences had to be hard wired as there are behavior differences evident  between boys and girls at the earliest stages of life. There is quite a bit of nature there, in my opinion, to explain the behavior.  But over time we can, with our ability to  reason, not limit ourselves to having to behave in a manner traditionally attributed to one gender or the other.

3. profile image0
      Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The closest guess I can make is that it is in the hormonal makeup. Females are by nature more emotional and males more logical. Outside of that, I have no idea why God made us that way

4. EncephaloiDead profile image54
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I tried to find that study, but couldn't. Do you have a link?

2. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 10 years ago

It's the difference between testosterone and estrogen levels. Find a very masculine little girl, and she'll do the same exact thing the boy did, and vice versa with a feminine little boy.

3. amiebutchko profile image72
    amiebutchkoposted 10 years ago

I would have to say that we were endowed with these characteristics for procreation.  I think the men are the hunters and gatherers and the women are the nurturers - requiring perhaps an extra dose of emotion!  We are not as physical as men as a matter of biology (agreeing with the testosterone theory); more emotional, in general of course.  I can say that as a mom, I can see the very basic differences of boys and girls and the differences each has in approaching problems.  Your example seems to support what I have witnessed....

1. profile image0

I agree. I love the way boys know inherently how to make motor sounds with their toy cars and trucks without anyone teaching them. I love how little girls pick up a doll and cradle her in their arms. Not that the kids outside of those molds aren't just as interesting and beautiful, but I just loved that study, that boys would knock down the walls as a means to an end. And the girl would weep with emotion over the loss of not being near her mother.

Even in the way we handle our problems... tell your problem to a man, he will do his best to fix it... to solve it. A woman will empathize, and give you a shoulder to cry on, and the best part of that study, to me, was the fact that these characteristics were born in these kids. It does speak to me of a creator and a definite plan.

1. amiebutchko profile image72
        amiebutchkoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  And I love the fact that we are pondering and appreciating this truth in people today.  It is so comforting to have a sense of where we come from, where the actions of our children derive from.  It helps me to make sense of people's actions (and reactions) sometimes, especially if they seem to not be the ones I want in the moment!  Sometimes, we cannot expect things of people that are beyond their makings...?

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree as well.  Which brings up the question of males "getting in touch" with their feelings.  Is it really wise to feminize males, asking them to be more like women?  To (paraphrasing) sit on the floor and cry rather than find a solution?

1. profile image0

I get that all the time. See for some reason they are supposed to tell us their problems and we are supposed to listen and cry with them even though the answer to the problem may be starring us in the face.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
              GA Andersonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like you have already seen this "It's Not About The Nail" video about men's insensitivity.

http://youtu.be/-4EDhdAHrOg

If not, I think it will make your day.

GA

2. amiebutchko profile image72

My guess is no. I don't think I would do that to my sons!  Unless they wanted to sit on the floor and cry....  However, it may be smart for men to be "in touch with their feelings" if it makes their wives/daughters happier or feel more loved...?  Perhaps being sensitive can be a strategic, learned behavior that men might choose to employ at times?

1. profile image0

Ever ask a 10 year old boy how they feel about anything? Good luck with that. They have feelings, they just can't process or articulate them. It's like asking girls to suppress their emotions.

1. amiebutchko profile image72

You are right, Rad Man.  I must agree.  We are who we are and that should be ok on any day!

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

…well, I have also heard that we are essentially both male and female, but  one or the other is dominant in expression. So a male can be in touch with his feelings and be sensitive because he is in touch with a deeper reality  of his own soul.

1. profile image0

Do you do many drugs? Do you know anything about genetics at all? X and Y chromosomes?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
                MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Obviously, she doesn't.

I can think of some she should try though.

1. profile image0

Oh, I'm sure she does some, I'm just not sure if she does many. I'm sure they are legal and all, but I'm willing to bet there is a good combination.

2. wilderness profile image95

Judging from other posts, you have "heard" a whole plethora or things, very few of which have any connection to reality.  You would be wise to consider them carefully before accepting all that you hear as truth.

4. profile image0

But shouldn't women be encouraged to be active too and not just sit and cry? Nobody, regardless of sex, should be encouraged to sit and cry instead of trying to solve the problem or find a solution.

Recapping, and with more explanation, girls seem to have more, or stronger, emotions than males.  Or at least different ones; the boys feelings at the separation in the OP may well be anger, frustration or other emotions not PC to act upon.  The girls may be feeling despair, unhappiness or loneliness. 

Yet males are being encouraged by women everywhere (or so it seems) to get in touch with their "feminine side", to "show their feelings" in ways that are unnatural to them.  The obvious conclusions is that women are wanting males to become more feminine, to at least pretend to have these "feelings" that women do and to express them.  In the case of the OP, to sit on the floor and cry rather than express and act upon their own, very natural, feelings.

We don't see men asking women to take on masculine feelings and reactions, as you are dong here, but the opposite is quite common.  Personally, I would agree with you - little girls need to be taught to become problem solvers instead of buckets of emotional tears, but that isn't very PC.

1. profile image0

The interesting thing here (for me at least) is that I've found through my own experience that women say they want us to be more sensitive, but if we do show emotions they tend to look at us as being week.

True.  No one, male OR female, particularly likes the scene of a crying man.  They will ask for it, but then usually don't like it when they get it - thousands of years has produced the image of an emotional (outside of anger) male being weak.

1. profile image0

Humans are the only species that will follow an emotional volatile leader. It's somehow expectable for men to be angry and volatile, while even dogs will find a new leader if the leader is volatile. They don't even give volatile humans respect. If you want a dog to be submissive and obedient you have to be calm and confident.

2. profile image0

I see this happening in society (men, show your emotions to prove that you have a heart) and a lot of con men are exploiting this need for tears. They can cry at the drop of a hat but it's an act and they feel nothing and a lot of women are taken in by them. If a man is too eager to cry, that's a big red flag. Some men are emotional, I'm not trying to put anybody down, but if tears are used to evoke sympathy, I say beware. I knew a male who cried a lot but he never seemed to cry for anybody but himself; it was the 'poor me' game and because he was really big and tall, people melted, "Look at the big man cry". That same man had dry eyes when he looked at other people's suffering. Women can use tears as a con too.   I think expressing emotion is okay but it has to be mastered and I think people need to beware of people who use emotion to exploit people.

Yes, both sexes can and do use tears for sympathy and/or as a con game.

2. getitrite profile image71

We should have seen this coming....Goddunnit!
        I wonder what His definite plan is. LOL

3. profile image0

Or genetics and hormons. The variety we see in people is only evidence of evolution. If homosexuality was a sin in Gods eyes none would be born.

1. getitrite profile image71

And if God created everything, and there is a definite plan, then why did he create homosexuals?  What is his definite plan for homosexuals?  I'm sure Beth can answer this question, since she is the expert here.

1. profile image0

She doesn't think (as I remember) that God created them. Something about someone being nice to them or something or parents or some such nonsense.

2. profile image52
            Sydneycharlestonposted 10 years agoin reply to this

okay so Rad  Man should read the bible more. okay so when Adam and Eve ate of the fruit of wisdom they made the choice to disobey God. by doing this they paved the path for their selves and their desendents(us) to make our own choices. if they hadnt the world wouldnt be as coruupt as it is now. but since they did people can choice to be homosexual or mean or disobedient. the choice is ours. And God does have a plan for all of us. We just dont know what it is.

1. getitrite profile image71

That's a funny joke.  You almost had me.  No sane person would actually believe any of that childish drivel, but it does sound so funny.  And....we were indoctrinated to say just that kind of nonsense.  Indoctrination short circuits the mind.

2. profile image0

Okay so Sydney should read up on science and facts instead of getting his/her information from ancient texts that have no bearing on reality. One doesn't chose there sexual orientation, I know for a fact I couldn't change mine, do you think you could change yours?

why are you misspelling words Rad Man?

Why are you saying that Jamie Lee Curtis has a penis Kathryn?

I bet you his reason for typos is better smile

I never said that! I said I heard she had one removed.

2. profile image0
                  MysticMoonlightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

What? Seriously....? Uh, I'm going to guess because he is human. Good grief!

can't a person wonder?  he isn't usually so sloppy.

3. profile image0

Because I'm dyslexic. I have problems differentiating words like choose and chose, quiet and quite and quit. Why are you so flaky. Did I spell that wrong? Sorry I do my best, but I understand that sometimes my best isn't good enough. I'm sorry if I've offended you with my spelling or lack there of. But to be honest it's not like I am spouting that females have bad energy or some such other nonsense.

I told you Kathryn. Don't ya feel like a heel?

2. profile image0

He misspelled the word choose, big deal.

3. JMcFarland profile image70
              JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can you please tell me the exact moment in time when you chose to be straight?  Cause I never woke up one morning and said "oh hey....I really want to be a discriminated against minority, so I think I'm just going to decide to be gay" although that's what my southern baptist mother thinks happened.

I know exactly when I had my first crush on a girl - and my first kiss.  I was in 4th grade.  I was never sexually abused, raised as a christian by missionary parents - and I sure as hell didn't choose my sexual orientation.  No one I know CHOSE their sexual orientation.  You cannot control who you're attracted to or why.  You can't force yourself to change your mind. 

Most guys i know can't wake up tomorrow morning and decide that after their entire lives, they're just going to suddenly start being attracted to other guys.  Could you change your mind this very moment and choose to be attracted to someone of the same sex?  Yeah...didn't think so.

In addition - thanks for equating sexuality with being mean or disobedient, like we're all some petulant children.  That's nice.

-you need to cut heterosexuals some slack. How are we supposed to understand the phenomenon of homosexuality?
                Perhaps you were a male in your last life.
                Perhaps you are in touch with your hidden masculinity in this life.

That could possibly be the most insulting post I've ever read.

You're on a roll.

The sad thing is even if you were to study the post, it would never occur to you why it was so insulting.

2. JMcFarland profile image70

*blinks* excuse me?

Apparently, being a lesbian means you are somehow a man... or manly...

As a bi sexual, I am obviously a hermaphrodite. Me and Jamie Lee have something in common.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I am obviously confused. Yet no one who is attracted to the same sex ever explains how and why it is.  Girls can be attracted to girls. Boys are attracted to boys? There has to be an explanation. You do not like mine? Why not?

3. profile image0

So, my dyslexia is just sloppiness and Julie needs to cut homosexuals some slack, because she couldn't possibly understand it.

Oh, there are a combination of drugs involved. Come on, be honest.

...because they (heterosexuals) can't understand it. Heterosexuals would never want to have sex with the same sex and therefore do not understand how anyone could.

4. profile image0

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8553656.jpg

I know, right?

And she doesn't even get that the comment was bigoted bordering on hate speech and completely and utterly lacking in anything even remotely close to actual fact.

4. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 10 years ago

This thread should come with a warning label. I have now stared into the IQ sucking abyss of ignorance.

I was determined to read it all though, in hopes that some nugget of wisdom would rise from the quagmire of "making s*** up because it sounds good" quasi-pseudo-science. Now I have forgotten how to open doors and work the microwave.

You really cannot afford to read threads like this one.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

testing

1. profile image0

Well, it would seem that being awful toward your fellow man is/was your mission tonight or else you wouldn't have to be "testing" to see if you've been banned yet. Why would you be expecting to be banned? Sad.

2. profile image0

Kathryn, is everything okay today? I've never seen you act this way. Are you having a bad day?

You are just one of the pack.
        - why do you not say something to contribute to Beth's OP? Then maybe we could get somewhere with discussing truth.

1. profile image0

My concern is genuine. Sorry I asked. No need to attack me for being concerned.

Edit-  just because a group of people agree does not make them a pack. Would this mean that you are part of a pack attack when you join in with others or are you thinking for yourself and your thoughts happen to line up with others?

I was referring to Alice in Wonderland's, "You're noting but a pack of cards!"  ...not a pack of wolves.

1. profile image0

Perhaps, but remember that that "pack of cards" was still trying to attack and capture a lost little girl trying to find her way back home.

Look, Kathryn, I like you, believe it or not. And despite opinions to the contrary I am a genuine person. Despite how it appears, I don't think you mean to offend with some of the things you post. But the biggest issue a lot of us face (myself included) is that we sometimes do not want to think that we offended anyone even by accident, but instead of apologizing for any misunderstanding we defend and try to clarify our intent so vehemently that we almost become belligerent. This often causes more harm than help

6. profile image0
    Motown2Chitownposted 10 years ago

Why do people feel the need to insult people they don't understand?  Seems like life would be easier if we either tried to understand by asking reasonable questions in a respectful way or simply stated that we don't understand and let it lie.  But...we act like jerks, hurl cruel, hateful, and insulting words...then complain about how mean the world is for not understanding us.  Easily gob smacked?  If you are not disgusted by the things said here, then there are serious issues.

pack of cards.

1. JMcFarland profile image70

words.....meaningless...salad.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

Cream puff accidentally sanitizes the unseemly boy. Indeed, an unseemly dissident shares a shower with a bicep around another mirror. Sometimes the menagé à trois behind a shadow rejoices, but a chic bubble bath always secretly admires a non-chalantly ghastly somnambulist! A bubble bath about the dahlia laughs and drinks all night with another toothache.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

[applause]

~bows~

2. profile image0

Perfect! Superb! smile

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

I am perceiving hatred. I am pinpointing hatred. I am pinpointing it because I am tired of it. You will counter to tell me I am spewing hatred.
    But I'm not.

1. profile image0

I neither think you are spewing hatred nor anyone hates you. I think you are seeing something that may not be there, which is easy to do in these forums.

I love ya babe, but speak for yourself. I do think she's spewing hatred and she might be correctly picking up her first social cue through this whole thread.

1. profile image0

Pay attention, love. I said I did not think she was spewing hatred nor do I think anyone hates her.

Oh hon, I got that.

I just happen to disagree on both counts... well at least on the first count... the second count is still up in the air...it's a close race between that and pity. I'll let you know which one wins out.

1. profile image0

Yes, dear. Whatever you say wink

Yeah, I get what you were saying now. My bad. Sorry hon.

1. profile image0

Hey.. fuggedabouddit!

1. profile image0

Wow, your Italian accent is lousy.

2. profile image0

Deepes was speaking for himself; he said, "I think", not not "we think". And when he pointed this out, you didn't acknowledge that you were wrong but instead wrote, "Oh hon, I got that". What's that suppose to mean? You were wrong. You can disagree with what he said, that's your right, but you were wrong in accusing him of speaking for others but you didn't even admit it yet you expect others to admit their mistakes. Lead by example.

1. profile image0

correction: only one not.

1. profile image0

Just incase your unaware, you can go in and edit your own post for a certain amount of time after you've posted it, I have to do it all the time. Just hit the edit button by the reply bottom under your post.

1. profile image0

Thank you, I didn't know you could do that with forum posts. smile

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

What they are not agreeing to is the idea that our souls are a combination of male and female. I was saying, in the male individual, the female nature or aspect of the soul is hidden. In the female individual the masculine nature is hidden. They really couldn't get on board with that idea and it has caused all the bad feelings. 

So, Deepes Mind, what is your opinion on the nature of the soul. Is it made in the image of God? Is God masculine only? Or is the soul made in the image of a combination of male and female? I reason that God is a combination of male and female, therefore so are we. Furthermore, *Mother* Nature had to have originated from the essence of *Father/Mother* God!

I am suggesting these things just for something to think about...not to insult. It relates to the topic brought up by Beth. Although I think she made her point and perhaps I should create a forum thread regarding the dual nature of the soul...
    dare I?
    I think not.
    But I never listen to myself...

No one cares about your silly little theory. No one takes such things seriously.

Surely you can't lack understanding of social interactions at that level. No one can be that insensitive or slow to understand and still function in society.

You said that lesbians are essentially men. That's insulting and excessively lacking in any understanding of gender vs. sexual orientation. You do understand that right? You essentially said that lesbians are lesbians because they should have a penis but don't. You accused of lesbians of being manly. You do get that...right?

That is a stereotype. A very uneducated stereotype.

Then you said that homosexuality was repulsive to straight people. That is a very, very bigotous,inflammatory and insulting statement. You HAVE to know that. In addition. it's completely incorrect. There is an entire industry build on the fact that lesbianism is NOT repulsive to straight. people. What you were saying was that it was repulsive to YOU. Which is an insult.

No one is in awe of your intellect or disagrees with your theories from lack of enlightenment... trust me.  Really. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, the opposite opinion holds sway.

Your lack of education and knowledge on the topic of homosexuality is glaringly obvious. The statements that come from that place are essentially hate speech.

If you are OK with spreading hate speech, fine. But don't think people are mad at you for any other reason than that. Don't delude yourself.

Are you still up? And reading? and misconstruing big time?
        I hope you will join in my new discussion, MelissaBarrett, however, I will understand if you don't wish to.

Kathryn, if I thought you had anything worthwhile to say, I would be happy to join in a conversation with you.

I've never seen that happen.

Ever.

But I do think prejudice and hate need to be addressed when they are being so liberally poured out. It's obvious that you lack the tact to apologize and are fine with posting homophobic prattle. So be prepared to deal with the backlash.

It just means that everyone is going to take your post even less seriously than they already do.

Which is amazing considering public opinion on your posts.

In addition, the Rebecca of Sunny Brook farm act is fooling no-one. You have no desire to keep the thread on-topic. You have a desire for everyone to forget your behavior. Good luck with that.

Please c and v what was homophobic prattle. I will apologize if I see I need to. I am only here to explore viewpoints. Why do you take things so subjectively, as opposed to objectively. To me, you seem defensive for no reason what so ever!

"In addition, the Rebecca of Sunny Brook farm act is fooling no-one. You have no desire to keep the thread on-topic. You have a desire for everyone to forget your behavior. Good luck with that."
            This is very funny.

"It just means that everyone is going to take your post even less seriously than they already do. Which is amazing considering public opinion on your posts."
            This is even funnier.

I bring up topics and share my view points. My view points are not that offensive, as far as I know. You need to prove how I was offensive with quotes, please.

Well, it's been pointed out about 15 times... but lets see if this helps...

"I am not sexually attracted to the same sex. it is a revulsion to those who are straight. This is a fact of life."

"Perhaps you were a male in your last life.
              Perhaps you are in touch with your hidden masculinity in this life."

"You do not agree that you are in touch with the masculine side of your soul? It is logical to me that the masculine can only be attracted to the feminine, sexually."

What you are essentially saying, without saying-because that would be improper- is that all Lesbians are Butch, which is the most polite slur to describe what you are implying. You have defined a huge stereotype with lots of homophobic words to describe it, without actually saying the words.

Now, because you obviously don't see the insanity in implying that I am masculine...Especially since pretty much every predominate trait about me is a historically associated with femininity

Edit: I self-removed the link because my McAfee had a fit for some reason.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59

It's funny because it's true. Sorry for the reality check. You seem to need one.

Please read my new post. You are really not understanding me. You are taking what I am saying personally. why go there? Try to comprehend what I am saying objectively. Essentially, I am agreeing with Beth's premise, but adding another dimension to it. My view-point is that I believe in God, but that God has a blueprint which is deeper than we generally comprehend. We are each one of us male and female! It actually explains how some people can be homosexual! You have been jumping to erroneous conclusions!

Your new post is irrelevant. You've got several other posts to account for. Posts that were bigoted, stereotypical, and homophobic.

Sorry, you can't make that go away.

Those are the posts that I am talking about.

I'm not defensive, I'm not taking anything personally...

I don't care what Beth's premise was.

I care about those three clearly quoted homophobic posts.

There is absolutely nothing you can say to excuse those posts. You can try and figure out WHY they were so offensive (if you aren't just feigning ignorance) and you can apologize in general and in specific to Julie. That's how people generally handle things when they have been offensive. Those who care about other people's feelings at least.

Edit: People are homosexual because they are attracted to members of the same sex. No further explanation is needed, especially from someone who hasn't the slightest knowledge of the subject.

Have it your way.
                    I tried.

2. profile image0

I think it is insulting to try to dissect someone based on their sexuality. If a person is gay, that's their business. If they are straight, that's their business. Looking at a gay person under a microscope, "Hmm, I wonder why", is like speculating about Jamie Lee's supposed penis that she supposedly had lopped off as a baby; it's rude and it's nobody's business.

I don't want anybody speculating about me and turning me into a science experiment.

2. profile image0

And now you are speaking for everyone, "No one cares about your silly little theory", yet you tell other people not to speak for you (when they didn't). I'm not interested in Kathryn's beliefs but maybe some people are interested.

2. profile image0

It isn't the disagreement with your position about the nature of the soul that caused the bad feelings. It's the fact that you admitted to not understanding homosexuality then told JM she must have been a man in a past life. That is highly offensive, whether you meant it that way or not. You also mentioned Rad Man's spelling errors then even when he explained that he has a learning disability you said it again. Again offensive, especially when that comes down to a real condition. It is never disagreement that causes the tension. It is the reaction of the person at times that is being disagreed with. Sometimes when someone doesn't like being disagreed with they veer off of the topic and make personal comments about the person disagreeing.

It's not so much that there is any essence of any soul that has both genders. It's actually simpler than that. It's a matter that the body regulates itself by emitting a small amount of testosterone in women and estrogen in males as a way of balancing hormones. This is not related to the soul in any way as the soul has no actual gender. The soul is simply the spark of life that animates us.

As we cannot know the nature of God, I cannot answer as to whether God even has a physical body to have a gender. God was given a gender when the bible was written by men who would not have any idea of what he really looks like. If God truly revealed himself to them, it more than likely was in a form that they could handle.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)