Describe Your Hubpages expereince in one line/word

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Adityapullagurlaposted 10 years ago

What do you feel about hubpages, if you want to refer hubpages to your friends and family how do you present it ?

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would never refer anyone here. I feel I would be doing them a great disservice.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Describe Your Hubpages expereince in one line/word"

This thread screams for a meme. Or 2. or 3. or 4. big_smile big_smile big_smile

Too tired today though. Maybe I'll work up the energy tomorrow. big_smile

And in light of the previous post, I'll say in advance that I am fond of HP. If I do work up the energy, any memes I might post would be of a positive or humorous nature. Back to my movie.

3. WiccanSage profile image91
      WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

In a line: I'm having fun.

If I end up making money from hub pages enough to drop some of my other clients, wonderful. But as a ghostwriter I was really just looking for a place to write about what I like in my own way and have some fun with it.

4. profile image52
      abt79posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Meh

2. GmaGoldie profile image81
    GmaGoldieposted 10 years ago

HubPages is more than a haven for writers and profit seekers, it is a wonderful virtual experience of information and new found friends from all over the world.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Somewhat bi-polar.

4. mathira profile image79
    mathiraposted 10 years ago

It made me realize I had writing talent.

5. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 10 years ago

A cauldron of sapiosexual lust accented by an anthropomorphic need for infantile satiation to...suck...and I do according to statistics...which can be manipulated...for instance:9 out of 10 people involved in a gang bang think it's OK...with the 10'nth voting nay...which just goes to show that most women like to go against the majority...in certain situations.

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

"Hi, I'm Beth, and I'm a sapiosexual."

"Hi, Beth."

1. cheaptrick profile image74
        cheaptrickposted 10 years agoin reply to this

High Beth...very

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

Me and HubPages and my experiences? We have it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BQZ3gt7hUI

7. ilikegames profile image62
    ilikegamesposted 10 years ago

Amazing so far, just published my first smile

8. electronician profile image78
    electronicianposted 10 years ago

Here you go paradigmsearch:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8702249_f248.jpg

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8702250_f248.jpg

9. amiebutchko profile image71
    amiebutchkoposted 10 years ago

If I had to use one word to describe this experience of Hub Pages, it would be "consuming."

10. profile image0
    Adityapullagurlaposted 10 years ago

My experience here since one month has been amazing, however i wonder if the hubpages will loose traffic due to google changes

11. Barbara Kay profile image73
    Barbara Kayposted 10 years ago

I've earned a lot of money over almost 4 years, but the Google ups and downs drive me crazy. You can't depend on consistent earnings at all, but they are still better than other writing sites.

Hubpages is the best site of its type on the web. It is the easiest to use and offers the most options. The community here is the greatest too. I've tried several others and Hubpages is all around the best in all categories.

The staff works hard to make it better. Most of the time it helps.

12. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 10 years ago

Disappointment

13. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 10 years ago

I enjoy HubPages.

14. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 10 years ago

One word or line to describe my Hubpages experience: off and on.

15. Thelma Alberts profile image90
    Thelma Albertsposted 10 years ago

It´s here in HP where I opened my "wings" in writing.

16. ThompsonPen profile image65
    ThompsonPenposted 10 years ago

A Learning Experience.

I see so many people bashing on Hubpages, but here's the deal - when I first started writing on here, it was purely because I wanted to get my fiction out there. But that's not really what I feel Hubpages is about. It's about honing in on your skills, giving you tools to write articles that could get you somewhere some day. Perhaps some people make money on here, but if that's why you're on Hubpages, you're not on here for the right reasons.

1. WiccanSage profile image91
      WiccanSageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

For some reason, people always underestimate the craft and business of writing. To a lot of people it looks like easy money-- just sit, bang out your thoughts, and someone will pay you. Even before the Internet people thought this, everyone set out to write the great American novel and a small percentage even finished it; even fewer managed to get published and even fewer actually could make a viable living off it.

Thinking you can wake up one day and start making a living within a few weeks/months from writing just because you have basic literacy skills is like thinking you can wake up one day and start a pastry business because you can make cupcakes from Betty Crocker box mixes. People are not going to swarm to your business if you're offering Betty Crocker cupcakes with canned Pillsbury frosting on top-- your product needs to be exceptional, and your business model needs to be viable.

Writing is a business, and it's a highly competitive business at that. Sure, the Internet opened up a lot of new opportunities, but it also made competition even fiercer. Starting a writing business needs to be approached like any other business: you need education in the business, you need a plan, and you need to hone your skills enough in your craft to offer people something of value above and beyond the average.  And like most home businesses, you should expect to invest  lot of time, sweat and tears before you're making profits. 

The people who succeed are usually the people that pay attention to the business end, who treat it like a home business, who are both prolific and consistently improving, and who commit to it for the long haul.

17. lady rain profile image93
    lady rainposted 10 years ago

In one word.... priceless!

18. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

The only "passive income" publishing platform that I use which still lives up to the moniker. Income is modest but steady, and I don't have to waste all my time and fritter away my ROI doing maintenance.

19. AloBeDa profile image92
    AloBeDaposted 10 years ago

Without HubPages, i won't be where i am today.

20. profile image0
    RandomCanidaeposted 10 years ago

perpetually missing the boat =w=

21. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

Hubpages is a site which presents an opportunity to give readers a good experience and for writers to learn, grow and  make new friends.  The staff makes  the site easy to navigate.

22. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 10 years ago

Thankful for giving me a place to start--write, build a portfolio of writing and a network of writers and friends.

23. profile image0
    RTalloniposted 10 years ago

1) Interesting.

2) Whether and/or how to refer others to this site completely depends on the individual and their goals.

24. Artimes Blaine profile image60
    Artimes Blaineposted 10 years ago

I am quite fond of Hub Pages because it allows me a way to earn money (which I haven't yet, grr) by using the very odd set of skills that I have. I personally enjoy writing, fan fiction, research papers, etc. So this is great place to post my work. As for how I refer my friends to it. I simply tell them that it is a great way to supplement their income or generate a little extra money for those times when they hit a rough patch financially. It is an excellent site for oddballs like me, who are unable to get a 'normal' job, to earn much needed revenue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)