Which of your hubs has the highest score?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (46 posts)
  1. sleepylog profile image59
    sleepylogposted 9 years ago

I'd love to read other hubbers' highest ranked hubs to see if there's anyway I could improve some of mine. Maybe we could all learn from each other that way.

My coconut milk soap recipe hub has the best score of all of my hubs with a score of 100. Then I have a few more in the 90s, 80s and 70s. I deleted any hubs that were scored below 70 if their score didn't improve after editing them (I gave them a couple of months). Ultimately I'd like to get all my hubs to have a score of at least 85 and so it's really those below that score that I want to improve on for now.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91
      Sherry Hewinsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

My hub on Easter Egg Ornament you can Keep Forever currently has a score of 100. I'm sure it will be dropping now that we are past Easter.

sleepylogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's a great hub Sherry. I don't think the score will drop after Easter but the views likely will. I like it so much I Pinterested it.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image91

Thanks a lot for the pin sleepylog

You're very welcome smile

2. Sherry Hewins profile image91

BTW it is now the end of May and the score on my Easter hub has dropped to 94.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Two of my top Hubs for Google traffic and income are rated 68 and 66 (that's my lowest score on a Hub). The HP rating system has nothing to do with good traffic, income or what Google considers high-quality content. Is your 100 Hub getting more than 100 views a day?

My 100 score hub gets between 100-300 views a day, sometimes more and it's the hub that gets me the most views.

1. relache profile image72
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And then there's sounding the Horn of Gondor to all the content orcs...

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's just a coincidence. 

And by the way revealing your highest-trafficked Hubs is not really a good idea.  What will happen is that unscrupulous people will decide to copy your success, and they'll write Hubs on the same subject (or simply steal your one and post it on some other site).  Result - more competition, and your traffic will drop.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image60
          The Examiner-1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

My Hubs with the highest scores have content and words but get hardly any views and have few comments.
          The ones with more views and comments are only poems and are much farther down on the list. Go figure.

3. profile image0
      Beth37posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I was gonna share mine till I saw your scores. Im too ashamed now.

I'm sorry to hear that Beth, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I can see that many of your hubs are poems, that is probably why their scores are low. Your non-poem hubs are very good though and I be their scores are higher.

1. profile image0

Aw, you're so nice.

4. profile image0
      Lybrahposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to say my hub about Munro Chambers (Eli on Degrassi) and my "Top Ten Songs by Alicia Keys" have the highest hub scores.  But my most popular hub is the one on "The Truth About Hip Hop and Celebrities Who Serve Satan."  Then I would say my Gossip Girl hub is also pretty popular.

2. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

You could check out the  weekly "Rising Star" candidates. They're hubs written by new users; staff selects some candidates every week for voting and Christy Kirwan usually makes a forum announcement.

It may give you an idea of what HP considers a good hub, though only the authors know what their hubscores are.  And there's no telling whether these hubs get a lot of readers or hardly any.  Many are on obscure topics that probably don't get many hits.

If I were you, I would look at my highest traffic hubs rather than highest scoring hubs and try to replicate that success.  Traffic is directly related to earnings, whereas scores are not really indicative of how well a hub performs with readers.

That's a great suggestion calculus, I'll  definitely check out some of those hubs.

And yes, I'm aware that scores aren't reflective of traffic but I want to write great hubs because I enjoy writing and take pride in my work, an increase in traffic would just be a great bonus smile

3. Suzanne Day profile image93
    Suzanne Dayposted 9 years ago

7 of my hubs are scored 100, but they don't get as much traffic as you might think per day. They just get regular traffic and this varies between the hubs. I think the only things these 7 hubs have in common is that they are long in length, look pretty with pictures, get regular traffic, seem to fulfil some sort of need for organic traffic and possibly were voted thumbs up by some readers. That's pretty much it. Personally I wouldn't be aiming for 100 scores (and I didn't try to). I would just try to improve if all my scores were 50 or something because there would be a few things wrong if all of them are low.

Wow 7 hubs with a score of 100! That's awesome, good job! While it would be great to have all my hubs scored that high, I realise it's not very likely to happen, so I would just be happy if I could get them all to at least have a score of 80. If you're going to do something you might as well do a good job.

4. electronician profile image77
    electronicianposted 9 years ago

At the moment my best hub by ranking is 'The Best Battery Saving Apps for Android Phones' at 98 - but that is far from being my best quality hub imo, and doesn't get anywhere near as much traffic as some of my others.

I really think you should not delete hubs with a low score. If you look back over old hubs and they are no longer up to your improved standards in your own opinion, and they aren't getting traffic, then perhaps delete them.

Also, not sure if this is a universale thing or just me, but I'm sure I got higher scores earlier on, and lower scores now - even for the same quality of hub.

You have some awesome hubs electronician, I've read quite a few of them. Now following you.

1. electronician profile image77
        electronicianposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, looks like you have some interesting hubs too - followed back!

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Telling other users which are your best hubs is a GREAT way to let content thieves know exactly which content to steal/copy.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Best score does NOT mean best traffic and income.

1. susi10 profile image95
        susi10posted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1
        I completely agree, Writer Fox.

2. Suzanne Day profile image93
        Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agree too. It seems to be a measure of well-rounded hubs, but this doesn't necessarily bring in $$$.

I realise all that guys, but I just want to write great hubs, the money's just a bonus.

6. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 9 years ago

Exactly Writer Fox - I have 2 hubs scored at 100. The one on Greek names for male dogs gets around 130-150 views a day. 

The other on the Guilty Dog Look is relatively new and gets 1-3 views a day lol.

7. mdgardner profile image92
    mdgardnerposted 9 years ago

@ralache I was thinking the same thing.

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dito

1. profile image0

Ditto one of those t's. smile

1. SpaceShanty profile image94
          SpaceShantyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

t smile

8. susi10 profile image95
    susi10posted 9 years ago

I have 6 hubs at 100 right now and 8 hubs in the 97-99 region. The rest are in the nineties.
    I think that traffic does influence the HubScore a little, but it is mainly to do with word count, high quality imagery and the overall interesting content of the hub. But, as Writer Fox suggested, some low-scoring hubs can receive very high traffic and still have a low HubScore.

1. Suzanne Day profile image93
      Suzanne Dayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Agree too.

1. sallybea profile image94
        sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have two which have a score of 99 - my bird pod tutorials but I have 28 hubs which haves scores in the 909's and my profile score went up to 100 today.  I also have 12 EC Hubs  so all good.  My high scoring hubs do receive regular traffic but the most visited hub is not my highest scoring hub even though it was for a very long time.  Very strange, there is no rhyme or reason sometimes.

You have some great hubs sallybea, they deserve their high scores. I really like your hub on wet felting a bar of soap. I make my own soap, so I'll definitely try this. Now following you. I hope to learn more from you.

1. sallybea profile image94
            sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, I appreciate the follow, the visit and the comment.  Soap making seems very popular at the moment.

SALLY

9. ilikegames profile image62
    ilikegamesposted 9 years ago

My Hub that talks about my favourite alternatives to Pokemon, it is only sitting on a 86 though!

10. Soumya Mukherjee profile image66
    Soumya Mukherjeeposted 9 years ago

I started hubbing since last week and my highest scoring hub scores just 80. sad

11. starme77 profile image76
    starme77posted 9 years ago

I just came back after a very long leave but my hub on storage unit auctions seems to be one of the best so far , funny how much traffic I have got while I was gone  smile nice though

12. Zelkiiro profile image87
    Zelkiiroposted 9 years ago

My highest-rated Hub (does the rating actually mean anything?) is...

...a tie between my reviews of Chihayafuru and Death Note, both sitting at 87. Then it's my review of the third Madoka Magica film at 85, followed by my review of that godawful piece of trash, Fate/Stay Night, at an 84.

13. prbradshaw profile image69
    prbradshawposted 9 years ago

Wow, looks like I have some work to do!! I'm only getting scores in the mid 70's right now, I think some more research is in order to see what I need to be doing to achieve higher scores.
    Well done to all those doing well with their hubs.

14. sleepylog profile image59
    sleepylogposted 9 years ago

Thanks to all of you for indulging me in this post. I have read a lot of your hubs and must say that I have learned a lot. I have been able to improve all of my hubs that were scored below 80 to the point where I now only have 4 hubs scored less than 80 and one of them has a score of 79, so I'm pretty happy with that. I have no doubt now that I can bring them all up to a score of 80 or more with just a bit more work.

I know scores aren't reflective of traffic but I want to create high quality hubs that my readers will appreciate.

15. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 9 years ago

My '40 ways to induce labor' hub is not my highest score. It's only a 94.

However it has had over 1300 views today. Where as some of my higher scoring hubs have only had 50 views today.

It doesn't matter what your score is. What matters is how many views you get.

Although most writers won't share their highest trafficked hubs as they fear they'll be stolen.

16. Writer Fox profile image31
    Writer Foxposted 9 years ago

My Hub with the highest traffic had 1,600 views in the past 24 hours.  The Hub score used to be in the 90's, but is now 78. It's just what I said in my first post on this thread: "The HP rating system has nothing to do with good traffic, income or what Google considers high-quality content."

17. Marie Flint profile image71
    Marie Flintposted 9 years ago

This is reassuring to know, Writer Fox. Thank you for posting your experience and insight. I just took myself off eligibility for Editor's Choice awards because of forum posts suggesting better traffic without the award.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)