The Botched Execution - What is the Big Deal

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (83 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Grey Templesposted 9 years ago

Does it really matter that the recent execution was so called 'Botched"  Let's look at the situation:

1. Murdered a young girl by shooting her and buried her alive in a shallow grave where she died a painful and horrible death.

2. He resisted being put on the gurney, was tazed, doctor was nervous, overshot the vein, murderer died of a painful heart attack, oh well.

3. Should a murderer really die in peace or should they died such as their victims did, slow and painful?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They should die in peace - vengeance is not healthy for those yet alive.

But if an honest effort results in a painful death, oh well.

1. profile image0
        Grey Templesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you wilderness for your response.  I don't want to sound like a gool, the murderer actually brought on his painful death himself from struggling and being tazed which caused his vein to collapse.  I was curious of people's opinions.

1. Paul Wingert profile image59
          Paul Wingertposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't have a problem with the death penalty as long as they're executing the right person. Executions do get botched once in a great while. One thing to consider is that it costs much more to execute someone than it is to give them life with out.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

And that is your rationalization? "...as long as they are executing the right person?" and "...it costs much more to execute someone...?

Geesh...

GA

2. profile image58
            retief2000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes all a life sentence costs is the constant reminder to the family(ies) of the slain that the brutal killer of their loved one(s) gets more sun rises, more dream filled nights, more days of love from his family and friends and draws more sweet breaths. That seems like a high cost for society to bear.

1. John Holden profile image61
              John Holdenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wonder why then the likes of West and Shipman chose to kill themselves before they could even reach trial and why Brady has been fighting for the right to die for years?

Could it be that those who actually know see a life sentence as far worse than death?

1. profile image58

I would prefer that criminals take their own lives.

That wasn't the point I was making.

1. profile image58

I am well aware of the point you wanted to make. Beware of ancillary points unintended, hoisted with his own petard. I would much prefer that the execution of a vile, brutal murderer be carried out by said murderer, thus sparing the people the expense of a trial and imprisonment and sparing the executioner the weight of his duties.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I also don't understand the phony "outrage" over botched executions when the prison was making a good faith efford to have it go smoothly.  The prison didn't do it on purpose and it doesn't change the outcome.  Some people just need to have a cause to protest and any quasi-injustice will do.

1. profile image0

Exactly calculus-geometry the prison officials were upset as well at what happened.

3. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 9 years agoin reply to this

To answer your question, yes it does really matter that the execution was "botched."  Execution by the state, if it exists at all, should be precise, quick, and pain-free.  I could argue the moral reasons but instead I will argue the practical.  Humans are fallible.  Humans decide who should be executed.  As such, humans have wrongfully executed people in the past and will do so again.  As such, humans have shown their bias by disproportionately placing people of color, people of little financial means, and people of lesser education on death row.  Wrongfully executing a person by mistake is horrific enough; adding pain and suffering via a botched execution makes it even more so.

If you can live with that, then I question your values, just as some here have questioned the values of others who have argued that a botched execution is immoral.

1. profile image58

If the brutal murderer of a young woman is dead as a consequence of the preferred execution method it would appear that the execution was anything but botched.  Drawn out, perhaps.  How long did it take for his victim to die?  I would bet he got much better treatment at the hands of the state.

1. profile image0

So what?  Is the state in the business of inflicting pain on its citizens?  According to our Constitution, it should not be.

1. profile image58

A monstrous, brutal murderer who slaughtered a young woman without remorse burying her alive subjecting her to pain and torment. Who cares, he is dead and it is well done.

1. Zelkiiro profile image88
              Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What you think doesn't matter. The f*cking Constitution has precedence over your animalistic need for revenge.

1. profile image58

Not about revenge, it is about protecting society from a creeping leftist passivity.

Yes, all hail right wing blood lust.

2. Silverspeeder profile image60
                  Silverspeederposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was all about a punishment fitting the crime!

1. profile image58

Well, if it was about the punishment fitting the crime then he should have been shot, not killed, and buried alive and left to die - when he was 19 years old - because that was the crime for which he was executed. A pain free swift death is hardly the "punishment fitting the crime."

4. profile image58

Good argument for the Guillotine, it is a sure, precise and quick method.  A drain in the floor and a hose are a small expense compared to a trained technician and all that equipment.

I am concerned about the misuse of the word "botched."  The brutal, cold blooded murderer of an innocent girl is dead, that doesn't sound like it was botched.

I'm not in favour of the death penalty, it lets them off too lightly, having spent sometime looking at different forms of execution I have to say that I favour hanging.It is said that the last hangman in the UK could get a man from the condemned cell to dead in less time than it took the clock to strike the hour!

1. profile image58

Fine British Workmanship!  The cost of a fine, stout rope is also much less than all that equipment.

2. Zelkiiro profile image88

You don't know much about the guillotine, do you?

Here's a fun and exciting fact: After being beheaded, you remain alive for about 100 seconds!

1. Superkev profile image61
          Superkevposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So what you're saying is it's a lot better than the 43 minutes all the bleeding hearts are bitching about with this one then, right?

The 8th Amendment makes it clear that neither are preferable. Remember, it's a prohibition on both cruel and unusual punishment. Not only is torture not a-okay, but neither is any method of execution that differs from the norm, which has always been the pursuit of an execution method that is both humane and painless (in those states that inexplicably decide the Death Penalty is a harsher punishment than lifelong incarceration).

And you crying out for blood and suffering makes you just as loathsome and inhumane as the person who committed the crime. You can't even fall back on the Bible, if you're so inclined, because that delightful little pamphlet states that vengeance is the Lord's and only he shall pass judgement.

2. profile image0

those are only your nerves that are moving you are not physically breathing nor can you feel a thing.

3. profile image58

100 seconds, that sounds like a model of efficiency.  By "alive" do you mean without a head, because I suspect resuscitation is unlikely.  By "alive" do you mean with a beating heart? If so, then it may be necessary to reevaluate abortion laws. 

Perhaps we should adopt the abortion methodology so treasured by the American left and jam forceps into the back of the condemned prisoner's skull and vacuum his brains out, then crush his head and dismember his body so it can be removed from his cell bit by bit, chunk by chunk.

A man who slaughters a poor teenage girl is some how more deserving of our compassion than a viable baby in the womb? Remember, American lefties oppose capital punishment but are all for late term abortions.

If he had killed his dog in the same fashion he would have been imprisoned for animal cruelty. Yet we blanch at his execution in a fashion far more humane than he reserved for his victim.   Does one require any more proof that American lefties are suffering from some traumatic mental disorder?

I am starting to lean toward the tried and true Elephant-Head-Crushing-Method since, miraculously, the brain still interprets impulses from the severed neck for 100 seconds after decapitation.

2. Superkev profile image61
    Superkevposted 9 years ago

My sympathy is for the victim and her family, not this worthless POS. So he felt a little pain, how much pain you reckon his victim felt? Karma's a bitch as they say.

1. profile image0

Superkev thank you for saying that.  I say bring back Old Sparkey.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 9 years ago

The big deal is that if it is okay for the State to torture people, they won't stop there. They never do.

He wasn't tortured and there was no intent to do so. The execution went a bit south and he 'may' have felt a bit of a pinch, so what? Where he likely is residing now that must seem like a day at the beach.

Liberals are always concerned with the rights of the offender but never the victim.

Personally, I think he should have been executed in in exactly the way he killed his victim. Shot, then buried alive. And televise it to every jailhouse and penitentiary in the country. You want the death penalty to really be a deterrent? Televise two or three.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In my book doing a euthanasia with untrained people and drug compounded by ab unidentified company is torture.

It would be illegal to use on a dog in a shelter, even if it had chewed a child to death.

And how do you know what training the person injecting the lethal drug does or does not have? Have you seen their employment file? I am pretty certain the person who stuck the needle in the arm was fully qualified to do so.

This was not a 'euthanasia', it was a punishment for killing and torturing another human being. At least make some attempt to get the terminology correct will you?

Now, could you please explain how using a compound made by what I am sure is a legitimate company, that simply wants to remain unidentified for the safety of its staff equals torture? I would love to hear this one.

By the way, the compound nor the needle placement had anything to do with what happened. The prisoner had a collapsed vein, probably from years of IV drug use (I am guessing here but sounds like a reasonable assumption) nothing the executioners or the state did caused this.

And personally I would have more sympathy for the dog. This person knew right from wrong and killed a young girl anyhow, and in a most torturous and despicable way. Imagine being kidnapped, ripped from your family and friends not knowing what was happening or why, and then being shot and buried alive. Just think about how terrified that poor girl must have been.

And you want me and others to be bothered that this waste of flesh felt a little pain? Really? What color is the sky in your world?

A doctor would have selected a sound vein,probably not in the arm.  IMHO, it is most likely the vein was blown by bad catheter placement, or bad vein selection--and would not have occurred with a competent medical technician.

And compounding is a grey area. It might have been a good source,it might not. There have been hundreds of deaths traced to compounding errors in the last year. I personally would only take a drug compounded by an MD--not by any of these bulk delivery companies

Not even an MD, which is present at any execution, can tell when a vein is bad just by looking at it through the skin.

But, by all means, keep making crap up, it's obvious you have zero knowledge as to how any of this works. You just want to be breathlessly outraged at another injustice by 'the man'.

And, again, you have no idea where they got the drugs from, and, again, just keep making stuff up out of whole cloth to attempt to sound as if you know what you are talking about.

Pro Tip: You Don't.

You seem to have rather bad anger issues Superkev. I should try and control it, a stroke isn't much fun.

MDs attend executions to ensure that the victim is dead, not to actually take part in the execution.

And how long did you work in Law Enforcement here in the US?? Oh, not at all because you don't live here?

I did 16 years.

Now who do you think knows more about how an execution is handled, me or you?

No anger issues at all, unless you count me despising stupidity and liberal bleeding hearts as an 'anger issue'.

2. profile image0

MD's don't compound drugs.  This murderers veins blew out because he had to be tazered as he freaked out his veins were compromised and a groin vein was used.  Why are you for the murderer and his feelings?  Don't you care about the little girl this idiot shot and buried alive?  What about the way she died?  Psychskinner I can see that your views will never change and you think as always you know everything.  ha ha ha you are now claiming you worked in law enforcement?  How many executions did you perform?  Kinda like you have to read all of the white house papers at one time as well.  you make me laugh.

3. profile image0

it was placed in his groin

2. profile image0

A murderer should be 'tortured'.  Besides, the murderer did it to himself, he was tasered which caused his veins to collapse and the doctor after putting in the IV may have over stuck the vein.  Oh well, how do you think the little girl felt when she was shot and buried alive in a shallow grave?  Do you think she deserved to die that way?

Again?

Have none of you people actually read the Bill of Rights? Because torture is unconstitutional as hell.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

Maybe one out of every ten executions should be "botched" in this manner. It might keep everybody on their best behavior!

If being killed isn't going to deter them, why would being killed in a bad way?  These are generally not people who think very far ahead.  That type of criminal doesn't get caught.

Having categories of people we are allowed to treated cruelly should be a thing of the past.

1. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you think a botched execution is "treating people cruelly? I don't.

Do you think we think there is a class of people it is OK to treat cruelly? I don't.

But I do think the first part of your comment was spot on.

GA

Having a non-medially trained person try to insert a catheter, failing and causing horrible pain. That is foreseeable, and cruel.

That is why it is illegal to do to a dog.

Non sequitur much?

There is no, I repeat NO, state run or federally run prison that does not use a medically trained person to insert the needle during an execution. Period.

And that is not what happened here so what in Gods name are you keeping on about it for?

And I am still waiting for your explanation as to how not simply naming the company supplying the drugs is equal to torture.

Do you really think a governmental agency went to Billy Bob's pharmacy and bought the drugs they are going to use to carry out an execution?

Not disclosing the name of the place for safety reasons does not mean the company is not well established and has been vetted by the state. It means the company wishes to avoid all the hysterical BS from the bleeding hearts and can do without they or their employees facing threats and harassment, and that is all that it means.

2. profile image0

it was cruel to shoot a child and bury her alive in a shallow grave too have you thought about her?

3. profile image0

psychskinner these murderers are worse than dogs why are you more concerned about a murderer than an innocent girl who was shot and buried alive to suffer until she suffocated and bled to death?  This doesn't make any sense to me.  Have you not read the Bible?  A 25 year old pregnant woman was just stoned by her own family to death because she married a Christian.  I would think that is more of a crime than the murderer of the little girl having a heart attach because he got scared was tased which messed with his veins and in reality he did not feel a thing.  Which one was more wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Ame … nstitution

The Constitution says otherwise, sonny boy.

1. profile image58

Well if cruel and unusual are the standard then he should have been shot by firing squad. Swift and common.

2. profile image0

A lot of them are already targets of violence and abuse by their fellow inmates while the guards look the other way, so adding a painful death on top of it all seems like overkill, pardon the pun.  And I don't think the person who administers the injection wants the emotional burden of being a torturer.

So, again, the offender now becomes the victim huh?

Let me tell you something (Having worked 16 years in law enforcement and corrections) The most UNLIKELY person to be a victim of the typical violence seen in prisons is one on death row.

They are all on their best behavior because of their appeals and/ or legal moves taking place and are kept segregated from general population. The easiest assignment you can have as a correctional officer is to work on death row.

So, next time I have blood drawn, should I sue the doctor or hospital for committing an act of torture on me??

The ignorance of most people as to all things Criminal Justice never ceases to astound me. CSI and Law and Order ARE NOT REAL FOLKS!!!!

1. profile image0

I did not know all deathrow inmates were segregated for the entirety of their prison term in the US.  Just out of curiosity, why are they not in general population with other inmates, some of whom may also have committed equally heinous crimes but are not on death row?

There are many reasons, chief of which is that these inmates have nothing to lose, so in general population they would be more likely to attempt escape or to commit further violence either because they simply are inclined to or in order to advance the aims of whatever gang they belong to.

What better person to carry out a contract murder inside than one who is already condemned to death for murder anyhow? What are we going to do, kill him twice?

1. profile image0

Are life without parole inmates in general population?  They're more or less in the same boat.

Unless they are considered 'special needs' yes they are.

1. profile image0

That's incredibly inconsitent seeing as how they have equally little to lose as death row inmates, and are subject to the same temptations and have similar records. Segregating death row inmates must be way more expensive as well.  It would save taxpayers a lot of money if death row inmates were converted to life without parole since they're going to die in prison regardless.

It's not about if they are going to die in prison, but the timing.

A lifer knows he's going to die there, but not when. A death row inmate, at some point, has a date certain for his demise.

2. profile image0

death row inmates are not main streamed because they would be killed by the prisoners such as they did with Dhalmer. Ah, too bad. Not.

2. profile image0

I agree, let the inmates take care of these death row inmates they will eventually.Personally, I'm glad he felt some pain as his victim did.

Not necessarily true.

A sex offender maybe, child killer perhaps. But if they say, killed a cop (as was attempted on me) They would be heroes not pariahs.

In a prison society you can do some pretty awful things and still be greatly respected within that sick social structure.

3. profile image0

Right on

5. psycheskinner profile image82

My bottom line is, if someone was caused pain I consider that a bad thing we must work to prevent from ever happening again.

I guess that is just my good atheist moral upbringing. I don't believe anyone's suffering should be considered 'no big deal'.

I stand by that, without exception. The descriptions of what he went through made me feel pity for him and a desire to correct the procedure that did that.

Some people just need killin' he was one of them.

I feel pity for the 19 year old young girl he shot and buried alive, not the person who did it. He brought whatever he got upon himself by his actions, that little girl did nothing to deserve being buried alive.

How you can feel even one ounce of pity for such a monster says a lot about you, and none of it good.

That may be the initial gut reaction, but this is the United States, and our forefathers didn't much care for this line of thinking...

Not even close. Nice try though. FAIL

2. profile image0

You felt pity for a murderer?  Oh my, and you are a self professed psychologist and atheist? Well, that explains your answers on this question.  Very interesting now I know who you are inside.  I am so sorry.  I bet you don't feel bad for the little girl then.  Wow.

3. IslandBites profile image89
      IslandBitesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

6. Alphadogg16 profile image85
    Alphadogg16posted 9 years ago

I've all ways been for an eye for an eye, so Oh well. Im sure the girl he murdered didn't die in piece. We should adopt some laws from 3 world countries, in my personal opinion, in stead of spending $40K annually to house/feed/educate people who have had their opportunity to be a productive part of society and chose not to be.

7. John Holden profile image61
    John Holdenposted 9 years ago

If your leaders sanction violence and cruelty you end up with a violent and cruel society.

Oh! You already have that. OK, I'll clear off.

It's not anything like sanctioned violence (more breathless liberal hyperbole) it is the sentence of a duly empaneled jury of their peers in accordance with the laws of their state.

I swear. you lefties are such drama queens.

8. psycheskinner profile image82

I don't think the state should torture anyone, prisoner, terrorist, protestor, by action or by negligence because... I mean, wow. 

It's bad. That's why.

Even if you can sleep at night knowing torture is being done in your name, it leads to the corruption of the people involved.  It leads to their dehumanization and their lose of empathy, and thus more bad things done to more vulnerable people.

I found this caption under a picture of the victim (You know, the one you SHOULD have sympathy for)

"Stephanie Neiman. She was raped multiple times for 6 hours. Beaten. Shot in the head with a shotgun. Watched killer dig her grave. Then buried while still alive. She was just, 19 murdered one month after her HS graduation an only child. Her murderer was Clayton Lockett. You know Clayton Lockett, his execution was extended and extra 43 minutes in Oklahoma. The poor man suffered, ahhhh. Wish it would have lasted 6 hours. How many of you have seen Stephanie's picture? Or knew the story? But we all know about poor Clayton Lockett thanks to the media whom I don't think mentioned her all day. RIP Stephanie justice has been done for you...There are people thinking of you today. " (Emphasis mine)

You may want to rethink your values there my friend. How do you think Stephanie felt as the dirt was piled around her face, her last gasps as she breathed in the dirt this animal was shoveling over her?

That you would for one minute defend this monster or shed a bitter tear that he felt a little pain at his well earned execution, that you would blame everyone but him for his fate, shows me what I have always known in stark relief- liberalism is truly a mental disease. I mean, Wow.

9. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 9 years ago

News flash:

Arguing against torture of a murderer on moral or ethical grounds does not mean the arguer has more empathy for the murderer than the victim.  Nor does it mean the arguer is defending the murderer.  Nor does it mean the arguer blames everyone but the murderer for his fate.

Weak minds make weak arguments.  Come on, you can do better than that.

Ahhhh, but it wasn't torture (see what I did there? It's called 'facts')

The execution did not go as planned, granted, but most of that was his own doing anyhow, as was the fact he was being executed. There was no intent to torture.

Was he in pain? Did it hurt some? Yep, most likely.

Do I give a rats ass? Not even a little.

1. profile image0

Torture:   the act of causing severe physical pain as a form of punishment

The death penalty is punishment.  He was in severe physical pain during his punishment.  He was tortured, even if it was not intentional.

10. Levellandmike profile image79
    Levellandmikeposted 9 years ago

My opinion?
    "Oh, effin' well."
    He shoulda thought of that when he killed that girl, huh?
    In light of how his victim died, I really don't give a damn how he died...as long as he died.
    By the way, he DID die...nuthin' botched here.
    We move on....

1. profile image58

He was kept warm, safe, dry and fed for over a decade while the government did everything it could to guarantee his guilt so that an innocent man was not executed.  That sounds very compassionate and not in the least cruel.  Then the government did everything it could to kill him in a way that wasn't messy, disfiguring, dirty or smoky.  That sounds like a good effort was made on behalf of those who might morn his passing.  Then the government killed him in a way that would be the least painful and they did - considering all the available alternatives long practiced by governments.  After all, he was not drawn and quartered.

Sounds like the government took great pains to make sure it didn't SLAUGHTER him like he did his victim.  Why all the whining?  Because American lefties are silly people.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

Meandering thoughts:
    The Big Deal is that whoever botched the execution probably feels pretty bad about it. Most people do not like to hurt others. Most people have a conscience. The one who received the botched execution probably learned a thing or two about hurting others… perhaps he had no empathy for the child. Now, maybe he does... no one intended this result. Maybe it was his Karma.

I still feel sorry for those responsible for the botched execution.

12. Frienderal profile image60
    Frienderalposted 9 years ago

I suppose it is regarding the execution of Clayton Lockett, which was halted after a doctor acknowledged the problems in administering the drugs. The doctor soon realized that there was not enough drugs left to carry out the death sentence. Hence, Lockett was left writhing in pain after a vein collapsed. He died of a heart attack only after 47 minutes.

I believe the death penalty is an appropriate response and punishment to criminals who committed heinous crimes. However, when the capital punishment is justified, the State needs to be certain of its protocols, procedures and that the execution is carried out humanely. This is simply because we must uphold the morality of capital punishment and the moral responsibility to prevent its misuse is in our hands.

Unless your name is retief2000, and you would rather indulge yourself in animalistic bloodlust and stoop to the same level as the criminal you claim to be morally superior to (assuming the very act of capital punishment doesn't already do that).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)