what are songs that make you want to cry?

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (40 posts)
  1. profile image54
    Eternallyteposted 16 years ago

for me, godbless the broken roads by rascleflats,my sacrifice by creed, six feet from the edge by creed, and lullaby by creed. probably more but those are the first that come to mind. smile

1. drummer boy profile image59
      drummer boyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

have you heard the one with carrie underwood and rascal flats, god bless the broken road, I love that one.

2. angelamp profile image60
    angelampposted 15 years ago

LET IT BE by The Beatles

and Beethoven's Ode to Joy (Symphony no. 9)

1. Shirley Anderson profile image71
      Shirley Andersonposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto + Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers

3. DJ Funktual profile image76
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Both Sides, Now by JONI MITCHELL
    Wise Up - by AIMEE MANN
    Woman In Chains by TEARS FOR FEARS  <<<<aptly titled group eh?<<<
    Keep Your Head Up by 2Pac

I also get a little worked up during
    I'M NOT READY TO MAKE NICE by The Dixie Chicks

I only cry from a woman's pain I guess?

HONESTLY the song that brings tears tomy eyes of late is that song
    from the movie ONCE called "Falling Slowly"

1. DJ Funktual profile image76
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ADD the new song by Gnarls Barkley "Who's Gonna Save My Soul?"
      INCREDIBLE

4. Crash Jones profile image62
    Crash Jonesposted 15 years ago

Achy Breaky Heart ... wait, you mean good, healthy crying and not tears of pain?

Hmm ... in that case ... Bright Eyes' "Walk Away" ... "Hallelujah" (as long as it isn't sung by an American Idol contestant)

lol

2. lady luck profile image69
      lady luckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ummm bright eyes will make you cry and then slit your wrists open.

Bush, Glycerine always makes me cry.

5. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

One of the most obvious choices I would think  'Amazing Grace' and 'Ave Maria' sung by Pavarotti. I also agree with  Eternallyte on Creed's 'Six Feet From The Edge' .zs

Love Amazing Grace and Ave Maria!

Oh Shirley, what will we ever do without the forum.

I'm wandering aimlessly around the forums....I'm like a ship without an anchor.  Think I'm detoxing!

6. profile image0
    SkepticTankposted 15 years ago

I don't have a song that makes me cry but the latest song that seems to hit a nerve with me is Handlebars by Flobots.

7. BOOCAMP66 profile image57
    BOOCAMP66posted 15 years ago

I THINK THE ONE SONG THAT BREAKS MY HEART CAUSE I CAN FEEL HIS PAIN IN HIS VOICE AS HE IS SINGING ABOUT HIS LOST BEST FRIEND AND THAT SONG HIS BY ZACK WYLDE  " IN THIS RIVER" IT IS A REAL TEAR JERKER FOR ME I MUST SAY

RIP DIMEBAG FOREVER MAN....:COOL:

8. Bonnie Ramsey profile image67
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 15 years ago

A song called Alyssa Lies by Jason Michael Carroll. It is about a little girl killed from child abuse. Gets me every time.

Bonnie

I have to agree with you.  This really got to me as well.

2. Shirley Anderson profile image71

I've never heard that one, but I don't think I should listen to it - I wanted to cry when I read your description, and I have a neice named Alyssa.

9. Tater2tot profile image59
    Tater2totposted 15 years ago

I don't know about songs that make me wanna cry but a music video made me cry the other day. It is "Footprints in the sand" by Leona Lewis. in fact I did a hub on it. Go check it out: http://hubpages.com/hub/This-Video-Made-Me-Cry

Tayler!

10. topstuff profile image59
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Yesterday i listened a folk song that moved me...To my mind any song that reflects the same pain that the listener bears make them wanna cry.

11. plaw profile image41
    plawposted 15 years ago

I cant think of  song that makes me cry. But the song that I really like is "love wont let me wait"- Major Harris (1970's)

12. drummer boy profile image59
    drummer boyposted 15 years ago

Norah Jones, don't no why I didn't call.  Makes me weep inside every time I hear it.

13. Solorya profile image69
    Soloryaposted 15 years ago

Goodbye my lover by James Blunt and You're Gonna Love Me from Dreamgirls (I like Jennifer Holiday)...gets me every time!

14. profile image0
    Zarm Nefilinposted 15 years ago

Bob Dylan would make me cry from tears of pain too Crash.

A song that makes me want to cry at times is Ace of Base- The Sign.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

hahahahhahahah, LMAOROTFL!!!!!!  I didn't realize what you wrote till just know.  smile  The Signs makes me cry too!  smile

15. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

This is gay but... Bett Midler Wind Beneith My Wings ( I know, I can't help it) and Elton John Tiny Dancer.  I cry like a heart broken teenager. Whaaa!  LOL.

16. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 15 years ago

These make me want to cry i can somewhat tolerate them now but there really sad:

Luther Van Dross-Dance With My Father Again
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvW6nuQ2B0s

Aaliyah - Miss You
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=57AjGfKtIuE

Mark Wills - Don't Laugh At Me
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3_JvChXL7o

17. profile image0
    RFoxposted 15 years ago

"Hurt" by Johnny Cash......well up every time.

18. Rhym O'Reison profile image84
    Rhym O'Reisonposted 15 years ago

"This Womans Work" by Kate Bush always used to do it for me.  I think I also cried the first time I heard James Blunt's "Goodbye My Lover", but now I don't.

Music is very powerful, and it all depends on the circumstances as to how it will affect us.  That's some of the beauty of it.  It can be anything to anyone yet never the same to everyone.

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Wow Rhym,
    I love your new avatar!. I don't know though wich one I love better - old or new big_smile

20. Rhym O'Reison profile image84
    Rhym O'Reisonposted 15 years ago

That is very sweet Misha, but does it make you want to cry?  Oh wait, I didnt sing anything yet.....but if I did, there is no doubt in my mind that you would.

1. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sure it does - any time I look at your avatar I cry  - so much I enjoy them wink
      As for you singing - I think we make a good match here tongue

21. micamyx` profile image62
    micamyx`posted 15 years ago

Yesterday and She's Out of My Life

22. Courtney_CollinsD profile image60
    Courtney_CollinsDposted 15 years ago

Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
    Whiskey Lulliby by Brad Paisley & Alison Krauss
    Where'd You Go by Fort Minor
    Seize The Day by Avenged Sevenfold. Not so much the song mainly the music video.

23. kia4l profile image59
    kia4lposted 15 years ago

OK, really cheesy...but Lady In Red!!

24. spryte profile image74
    spryteposted 15 years ago

Landslide by Stevie Nicks and Baby of Mine from the movie Dumbo...

25. profile image0
    HeartBreakerposted 15 years ago

For me it's WHEN GOD MADE YOU...
    I really love the song....
    it tells me how God thinks when finding someone...

26. LYCEJ08 profile image58
    LYCEJ08posted 15 years ago

humm the song that made me cry? "Someday" by nina, well i really like the song because it reflects the scene of a broken hearted person and showing that his/she's not giving up and still hoping that someday some ones gonna love him/her...

hey guys if you have the time, please do watch my first music video on youtube. Just search for 123 by Junior Kilat. us the students and graduates of the IAFT made it. Feel free to post comments as well. I’d be happy to see what you think of it.

27. Lidian profile image67
    Lidianposted 15 years ago

Real Love by the Beatles, and Ashoken Farewell (the theme music from the Ken Burns series 'The Civil War')

28. Jessicahesson1982 profile image57
    Jessicahesson1982posted 15 years ago

The song that makes me cry are all love songs.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)