The End ...

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (92 posts)
  1. Doc Young profile image61
    Doc Youngposted 9 years ago

Is the end of "the world"  near ...

1. aka-dj profile image64
      aka-djposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Indeed!

Doc Youngposted 9 years agoin reply to this

... brevity ... the soul of wit ...

2. tsmog profile image84
      tsmogposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That depends on the beginning . . . (just kidding about?) . . . or where in between one arrives.

3. profile image0
      Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

We all die, but the world has a few more billion years.

4. Castlepaloma profile image75
      Castlepalomaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Maybe for you, not for the jellyfish

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The jellyfish are plotting against us. You know that.

1. Sed-me profile image80
          Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They go great with peanut butter fish though.

1. profile image0

I had to think about that one for a minute.

I also have jokes about finger painting and chickens crossing roads in my repertoire.

1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
                LeslieAdrienneposted 9 years agoin reply to this

LOL.....

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

...adding banana's will make it more tasty wink

2. Doc Young profile image61

... jellyfish? ... what have politicians to do with the question ...

1. Castlepaloma profile image75

Even if Politian have the highest IQ of any group of people on earth. sacking the deck with religion brainwashing and lying is not everything. I wish mankind would connected their brain much better with their backbone for better results.

A jellyfish need either a brain nor backbone to be far more successful  than man in population, areas traveled and mortality. The water bear for space travel. A very serious Christian threaten the earth will End hundred of times over the course of his assume 6000 years on earth. With a lottery ticket hope he will live immortally in heaven because all he can do on earth his reproduce and pass his knowledge and genes on to the next generated. A species of Jellyfish has been immoral for 650 millions years and still will be here if human destroys and ends his own species as the rest the world turns and many other species continue.

5. Paul K Francis profile image85
      Paul K Francisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The end of the world is near. What? Again?

6. cjhunsinger profile image60
      cjhunsingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is always that possibility. A wayward asteroid is possible, but not probable. Our sun will go into a red giant phase in possibly 4-5 billion years destroying the earth, but then due to the heating up of the sun the earth will be uninhabitable in about 2 billion years. We, the Milky Way, will collide with the Andromeda galaxy in about 5 billion. So, all and all, our future is bleak and no matter what happens the earth we will not be here, with the brightest estimate, in 5.5 billion years, no matter what.
      If you are speaking to our own suicide, I would doubt that as we do not have the  power to destroy the earth. We may be able to destroy human life though.
      As for the gods, well, they are of a capricious nature, but sense most of them are given the attribute of all-knowing, they knew going in the exact time and date that they would destroy the earth if that was their plan when the existence was created.
      In terms of Mans inhumanity to Man, that has been around since someone wanted what someone else had. We just have much bigger rocks now and there is a great many more of us and we have television'

... cj ... interesting point comes out of your comment ... your thots please ... you put all gods on a par including the God of creation, that being non existence ... considering the greeks and romans patterned theirs after man so they man has a reason to be frail ... considering ganesha has an elephant head ... kali many arms ... ptah the goose ... and of course the gods that live inside of the trees and rocks etc ... setting aside your bias to God as an entity, if you will, and looking at the above, and others you have probably studied ... from a point of believing in God or a god ... can you say which ones might really make any sense to you given their purposes and life styles  ... yeah, its kinda convoluted but it is hard to phrase it while stepping of egg shells ...

1. cjhunsinger profile image60

Doc
          There are more chickens Doc. Do not be light of foot.  I believe your question to be sincere  and I will address it accordingly. Until I  approached the Jesuit seminary, I truly and devotedly believed that a stern, but yet loving god was the guiding force  of the human condition and all things Catholic. It would be this  god that made sense. It would be as the  loving parent, capable of punishment and simultaneously  love. Parents do not however, send their children to hell for doing what  the parent knows the child will do.
          From that point on simple contradictions became major philosophical points of reason, not just, in terms,  of academic studies,  but real  time experiences, to include combat in Vietnam, world travel and immersion into many cultures and  beliefs.
          All gods are patterned after the want of Man. The God of Israel was a  god of war and vengeance at a time and for a culture that was steeped in such things, as all such gods were at the time. The monotheism of the  Israelites is the same god of             Akhenaten by a different name, He who has no name.  Too, the God of Israel choose the Jew as his own  people, a special people.  Christianity is based on Judaism. Islam is based on both.

... thanks ... now can we explore a bit more ... why do you think man would develop gods with physical characteristics of the animals which they supposedly dominate ... given, some of the animals are larger and more powerful but, from this view point, lacking mental ability, instinct not being a mental ability ... just brain picking at this point ...

Doc
              Most of these, and I speak mostly to ancient Egypt, were characterizations of attributes deemed vital to war, farming, virility, gods, and even resurrection in the snake, which in other cultures (earlier) was the symbol for fertility and even virgin births. The snake in the garden of Eden.
              It is difficult to understand such thinking, as  it is difficult to understand the slavery of early America, but if empathy is utilized to the culture of the time, it helps.
              That such symbols were used and in themselves were not worshiped, but rather the particular attribute that was represented in the animal.
              These people placed greater value on internal organs  then the human brain, which was discarded upon mummification and the other organs were mummified, so that the dead would have them in the afterlife. That is the intellect you are dealing and then they build the pyramids--figure that one.
              The statues of animals assisted in focusing the people and brought to "real life" the words of the priests and the power of the Pharaoh. They became a representation and manifestation of a belief. This whole process was re-invented with the Catholic or early Christian Church in the form  of the statues of jesus,  mary and other deemed  saints. The story of Osiris is interesting and is said to have been the pattern for the story of the resurrection of Jesus, 2400 years later.
              Animals and gods of Egypt.
              Osirihttp://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/animalgods.htms

2. profile image0
          jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

As I understand it, those "gods" of Hinduism are not specific gods, but manifestations, caricatures of the One God.

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

and the internet.... smile

7. Zelkiiro profile image87
      Zelkiiroposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The end of the world won't occur for another ~5 billion years, when the sun has reached its red giant phase and finally gets big enough to swallow up the earth.

And then it's trillions upon trillions of years until the universe comes to an end, whether it be via the Big Crunch or the Big Rip or the Heat Death, whichever it turns out to be.

So, no. It's not "near." It's nowhere near "near."

... facts, my friend, facts ... what do you know from personal investigation or experience to support this theory ... and how can space end ... become spaceless ...

8. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

If it is or if it isn't, we should be ready... 'cause there is only one way to get off of this planet and that is through death.....

1. profile image0

That's simply not true. People have been to the moon and many people have been to space. There are plans to inhabit Mars.

... considering some of the comments here ... i think the martians are alive and well ... and giving input on this page ...

If the lord who love you, comes to end the earth, I hope God has the decency to cut loose most people in the world who are not aware of him into space rather than allowing Satan to teach them lessons in hell forever.

1. Cat333 profile image60
              Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

He is the God of mercies, and I pray and trust in his mercies on all.

Many of the other Gods claim the same thing, must be a fear thing Religious leaders love to mess with for their own greedy ego control.

Relying on his mercy must be a fear thing? "Perfect love drives out fear"; "the one who fears is not yet made perfect in love" (the love of God).

"Mercy triumphs over judgment!"

Mercy? End the Earth, Oh mine

Why would God End the earth to prove his love to us?.
                    Why would God allow Satan to torture people forever (worst than the crime) to prove his love.?
                    Why dose God allow Satan to torture people forever, because he love them?

It seems they are safer not knowing your God at all and take their chances with his so called mercy or by their fruits, like me?

Love- Makes good Sense,
                    Your God dose not make sense at all, to End the earth would be the most insane doggy fear act ever...

Mother Nature help those people, who think for themselves.

9. profile image0

In what context do you refer to the "end?"

Do you mean for humans?  Or everything else that lives?  Or Geologically? 

Would the World end if humans ceased to exist?  Yes, it would in one form or another.... but it is also possible that the world only exists when we are conscious of it.... the world is nothing, really

Confusing?  Sure, so is every other possibility.

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 9 years ago

no evidence exists to support such an assumption

... this was not a statement or assumption ... it is a question ... why do i always have to explain things to you emile ... seems you always come at things with your hackles up ... have fun once in a while ... but since you commented on "evidence" ... what evidence do you have to support the continuation of the world ...

1. profile image0

Hackles up? Maybe, you simply can't take a statement at face value?

I would think one would need evidence to support an end, not a continuation. The earth seems to be lumbering along, quite well. Humanity is plugging along also. If things continue along those lines; continuation is a given.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

NO  the end ISN'T near at all.  All this end of the world stuff is pure hyperbole and conjecture that's all.   I just love these forums, DON'T you all?

4. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Well Matthew speaks of the end times being when the ppl of Israel (Judea) flee into the mountains, which has literally just happened.

Matthew
    1 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 "Do you see all these things?" he asked. "I tell you the truth, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down." 3 As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" 4 Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ, ' and will deceive many. 6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7 Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of birth pains. 9 "Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. 15 "So when you see standing in the holy place 'the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel--let the reader understand-- 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get his cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time. 26 "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 28 Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. 29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.' 30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. 32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

1. profile image0

"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

That was more than 2 thousand years ago, I'm sure that generation has been gone for a while now.

"With respect to the English word 'generation' used in Matthew 24:34, we find that the English word ‘generation’ has undergone a somewhat semantic transformation so that the meaning of the word today is much more narrow than that compared to the Greek word ‘genea’.

For example, the older Oxford English dictionary relates the following now obsolete (latest attested use 1727) definition of the word ‘generation’ which is defined as a ‘class, kind or set of persons’.  The Strong’s Greek meaning of the word ‘genea’ also echoes this same definition – the persons of an age where the time frame of the ‘age’ is used in a broad and figurative sense – i.e., from the foundation of the world, form Abel to Zacharias, etc. (emphasis added) ."

http://shalach.org/Rapture/translation_ … hew_24.htm

1. profile image0

LOL, so you can't trust any translation of the bible? What else is wrong?

Im not sure what your response meant Radman. When there is something youre not sure of, it's good to go to the original text and find out what the exact translation of a word(s) means. There is always an answer if you make an effort to gain understanding.

1. aka-dj profile image64
              aka-djposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think radman considers writers of biblical text to be merely simple goat herders.
              Obviously insinuating they were ignorant, uneducated & superstitious peasants.

Therefore seeking a deeper understanding of either the text, or it's "authors" is a waste of time.

They were simple and and  uneducated,  but then so was  everyone. They were not just superstitious, superstition was their life. These were people,  like all of this time, had no knowledge of anything and believed anything that would explain anything.
                It is appalling that people of today seek to find answers for life from a people that did not know what the organs of thier body were or what they did. These people had a reason for their ignorance, as there was little or no knowledge of anything. The people of today have no such excuse, but yet continue to find and search for answers  from an absence of knowledge.  They were the smarter people. In many way, I think that is true.

2. Jerami profile image57
        Jeramiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have to agree with you.  Which should bring up the question of, ....  what exactly was he talking about when speaking of the end? The end of what exactly?  When we examine Matthew 23; we see Jesus talking to the scribes and Pharisee, telling them that they (personally) are going to kill the wise men and disciples being sent to them. And as soon as this conversation is finished, four of the disciples come to him "PRIVATELY" and ask him "When are those things going to happen?"   
              Jesus tells them, They are going to kill you, and they are going to beat you, ... and when YOU see this happen and that happen know the end is near.   Who is he talking to?  The end of what? 
              Considering that 100 years later, there isn't a single Hebrew to be found through out the Promised land; I would think he was speaking of the end of an age. The Hebrew Nation has come to an end!
              All of the prophesy that were given to the children of Abraham had been fulfilled and come to their conclusion.  Jesus said he had come to fulfill all the prophesy concerning him.
             The 62nd week described in Daniel was fulfilled when they killed the Messiah.
              The 69th week was fulfilled when Jesus appeared to John on the Isle of Patmos.
              The 70th week certainly must have passed before that that Nation of Israel had been scattered to the four winds.
               Approx 300 years later the Church age officially began when Constantine created the Universal church, of which he was the chairman of the board.

IMO   the end of days Jesus was speaking of, was for the Hebrew people as a Nation;  Not the end of the world.
                And for whatever it means (?) good or bad (?) according to scripture, we are coming to the end of  this age.   It is written that for everything there is a season, a time to be born and a time to die.
        We are coming to the end of this church age in accordance with Gods will.

Read into this as we please.   again ... Just my opinion.

1. profile image0

"30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth[c] will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.[/b]

32 “Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it[e] is near, right at the door. 34 Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Clearly all the people of the earth didn't mourn when they saw the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven.

This is referring to the return of the Christ and that has not happened yet.

1. profile image0

It has not happened yet despite his saying it will happen before the current generation dies.

I explained that to you by showing you what the actual definition of the word "generation" was, remember?

When you see the son of God returning in the eastern sky, you will know it is the moment you are referencing.

1. profile image0

The actual definition of generation.
                  The actual definition of day.
                  The actual definition of bird.

What you are saying is that unless you are fluid and have studied the languages in which the bible was written there is ho point in reading any English translations as all the translators had no idea what they were doing.

We are to study and determine the original meaning and the meaning within the context. We also understand that God has reason for the manner in which the message is given and that sometimes truths are intentionally spoken in a way that reveals much about the listener.

You can see clearly the symbolism throughout the Word (fisherman become catchers of men, we're covered in the blood of Christ, etc.), so why get so hung up on certain words? Through the Spirit we understand the truth Jesus Christ revealed.

2. Sed-me profile image80

No. I am saying when translating a language that is thousands of years old, and something doesn't make sense, it is a good idea to look up a word. If I was reading something in Spanish and it didn't make sense... for ex. when Hispanics say "you're welcome" they say, literally translated, "Of nothing." If you thought to yourself, "Why did he say, 'of nothing' when I thanked him, you could use a book of translation to help you understand what "of nothing" means in his language. It's basic stuff.

There are references where the word was translated "earth" that clearly was not talking about the whole planet.
               King Cyrus made references that God has given him the kingdoms of the whole earth, and certainly he was talking about that whole region and not the whole planet.
               Didn't Jesus say he would come as a thief in the night?  He came and left with what he came fore, and all not involved were none the wiser.
               During the first century after 30 AD, hundreds and hundreds of thousands of Hebrews died from hunger and disease and hundreds and hundreds of thousands were hunted down and killed by the Roman army.  Great tribulations indeed!
                  And what better time for 144000 people to simply vanish, being caught up in the air than when the entire remaining population being deported through out the rest of the Roman Empire.

It just appears clear to me that for the past 1600 years plus, there has been a gros misinterpretation of scriptures being taught.  These misinterpretations have been ingrained into our minds so completely that we no longer see the meaning of the message we are reading.
                  We get side tracked arguing over the misinterpretations of individual words that we no longer see the forest for the trees.
                  I think we need to rethink our interpretations of what Jesus was talking about when he said ....  "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled"     
                Just my opinion.

1. profile image0

Sure, you mean change it until it does make sense.

The goal is to translate. Your definition is not translation and no one who seeks to know the truth of the scriptures would do that. You are creating an argument where there is none.

1. profile image0

My definition? I defined nothing, I'm simple reading the English words that are the excepted translations. You are the one who is attempting to say that these translations are inadequate because they don't make sense. Do you do that when they don't make sense?

Your summation of how simple translations are done is inaccurate.
                    I am not saying that the modern translations are inadequate. Many *do understand them.
                    I'm saying when a person reads something (like in any book) and it doesn't make sense to him/her... they should look up the original translation. This doesn't see to me a complicated or strange action. It is the most common and basic way to gain understanding.

In a sense I was agreeing with you.
                Jesus did say "This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled"
                He also said "Some of you (standing there before him) shall not taste of death till you have seen the son of man coming in the clouds".
                    SOooo, either Jesus was wrong, (?)  OR ... we need to recheck our interpretation of what we think he meant when he said these things.
                    I think Jesus is the messiah spoken of in the Old Testament.  And every thind did happen just the way he said it would, in its simplest form.

SOoo you were arguing with what I said ...  when I was agreeing with you.

3. profile image0
            SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Going to give this a shot.  If you read what comes before those verses, Jesus speaks of a time in the future.  Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.   The word shall in this verse speaks of a future happening. 

Mat 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:   Also speaking of future happenings.  Those days He speaks of, what are they?  There are many who will say that Jesus is the Christ but yet they do not truly believe Him to be the Messiah.  They do not believe Him to be the Son of God.  He is called a great teacher by some, a prophet by others but when He asked Peter, "Whom do you say that I am?"  peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the Living God."

We can also reference Mark Chapter 13, Mar 13:28  Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
            Mar 13:29  So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
            Mar 13:30  Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
              It is like a season beginning, just as Jesus used the fig tree as an example of summer coming. 

Luke also wrote about this.  Chapter 21. 

What it boils down to is this.  The generation that sees these things come to pass is the generation Jesus speaks of.

Yes, SirDent! I pointed out this very thing - that the generation that sees these things happening is the generation that will not pass away before they are accomplished - to Rad Man in another forum recently.

1. Jerami profile image57

How do we know that ,.... that generation did not see all of those things happen ?   
                When i read the History about the Jews of the 1st century as recorded by Joseph;   I could see describing them as Jesus described them in Matthew 24.
                And in Chapter 23,  ,,,,,  While Jesus was looking the Scribes and Pharisee  IN the FACE, while being in a crowd,  (Among other things)  .. he was telling  the Scribes and Pharisee "THEY" were going to kill     the wise men and disciple,s  he was going to sent unto them.  And after hearing this .... four of his disciples ask ask him "PRIVATELY"!   When are they going to do all of that ?   And when is the world going to come to an end ?     
                     We should take note ...  Three disciples when talking about this, think it important to describe this as a PRIVATE conversation between the five of them!! 
                     Jesus says, " they are going to kill some of you, and they are going to beat some of you".   Adlibing here, ...  "You are going to see a lot of bad times, " There is going to be earthquakes in the sea/ocesn  and lots of other stuff ".
                      "You are goinna see the sky turn dark in the day time".
                        "And you are going to see me coming back another time". 

BUT he never did answer the question about when the world will come to an end!
                         It is written that, 60 something years after his death, Jesus came down/back and appeared before John while he was here on earth, on the Isle of Patmos, and gave his
                THE" Revelation of things to come. 
                           Jesus says that some of these things John is about to see are about things that has already happened, and some of these things are happening now, and the rest of things are getting ready to begin.  using the phrase,  "They are even at the door"
                    C. 13     Jesus shows John a "New" kind of worship will rise up out of the see " Blaspheming " proclaiming themselves The Only true religion, and anyone not agreeing  will be persecuted and/or killed.
                      240 years later .. a new form of worship was created by the Emperor of the Roman Empire, with himself as the ultimate authority.
                        This institution didn't want anyone to know what has just happened, SO .. for the next 1000 years,
                no one except for a very very few select people were given access to the actual written word.
                By then ..... "private interpretation" had corrupted our understanding of the story we were reading.

How would any one know if the second coming had already happened as Jesus proclaimed it would .... or not ?

1. Jerami profile image57

Why is it that when we get right down to the nitty  gritty ...  every body backs up and start circling the may pole.
                      We like to sling beliefs against unbelief's,one belief against other different beliefs, insult each others intelligence,  but when we get close to getting down to the nitty gritty;  everybody shuts up!

I believe in God, and Jesus was the Messiah spoken of in the Old Testament!
                    Jesus wasn't wrong, he meant everything he said; he said exactly what he meant to say!  He said it the way he meant to say it!
                        His words don't need to be interpreted!
                        The Messages delivered by angels don't need to be interpreted!
                        Interpretations which angels gave in scripture concerning visions the prophets recieved don't need to be further interpreted!
                         This is what is what is wrong with religion today;   some of us think we are entitled to follow our own interpretations, believing the holy spirit is leading us.  That might be true concerning personal things, but not for the over view of what scripture is actually saying.

1. profile image0

....throw beliefs against unbeliefs..... you do it quite well.

5. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 9 years ago

Is there really an end?  Now, think of this.  Each end will always have a beginning.  Everything is neverending really.   Just think of it.

True. The "end" here is only the beginning. The new heavens and new earth will then be established.

6. Cat333 profile image60
    Cat333posted 9 years ago

Yes, I believe the end is very near (though perhaps longer than we impatient people think "near" should mean) because 1) the end time prophesies are RAPIDLY being fulfilled; 2) people of faith together INCREASINGLY have a strong sense that the end is very near - just a few decades ago you didn't hear so much about it; now every pastor and most people of faith express such a belief; 3) the Holy Spirit confirms with my spirit that the end is NEAR and causes my spirit to rejoice in this truth (though again exactly how near, he doesn't say).

7. Jerami profile image57
    Jeramiposted 9 years ago

@ Johny and all
    I don't get to get on the net very often.  but her I get to be ..again.
      I noticed I didn't comment on the last part of your previous comment.
    ===========
    Secondly, "...... that seems to contradict the foundation of our belief system......"  If it seems to, it most probably does, with a lot more authenticity than the belief itself.   So, when are you going to look closely at your belief system and make one hell of a lot of changes in the beliefs?

If it seems to, it most probably does .....   
      ---
      (me)  That is what I discovered a long time ago. 
    =======
          (you)     So, when are you going to look closely at your belief system and make one hell of a lot of changes in the beliefs
       ---
        Been there done that.  And for over a decade I put my beliefs aside and did a lot of examining as to what is actually written in the bible.
        and was shocked as to the differences  between what is taught concerning what is written; and what is actually written.
        My belief system changed drastically.  IMO it continues to mature.   In my world it doesn't matter what you believe or do as long as you don't do it to me against my will, what ever that might be.   And I expect everyone else to feel the same way.
        What I believe should not affect you one way or another and what you believe shouldn't affect me.
       I sure would hate for everyone else in the world to be just like me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)