Squidoo Lenses About Squidoo

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (63 posts)
  1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

I cannot believe the amount of lenses from Squidoo, strictly about Squidoo are not only on Hub Pages, but they are found at the bottom of other hubs under Related Hubs.

1. CuAllaidh profile image80
      CuAllaidhposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I imagine it will take exsquids a while to weed out these. Hopefully the process moves along quickly.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

All of those Hubs aren't just transferred articles from Squidoo.  There are many Hubs about 'making money on Squidoo' which have been on HP for years. There are also many Hubs about making money on Helium, which is no longer in business and will be closed down permanently in December.

The only system HP has for vetting outdated content is removing content for lack of engagement, i.e., when search engines no longer send visitors. I've never had a Hub unpublished for that but I imagine it takes a long time for that to kick in.

And, no, HP doesn't want you to report a Hub because you think it is outdated.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The jist of it...

3. justholidays profile image67
      justholidaysposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're not finished seeing them as in the whole lot of transfered lenses there is certainly a huge amount of former lensmasters who still ignore that Squidoo's pulled the plug and that they're now on HubPages.

In 4 months you'll get rif of these lenses. Unless HP staff decided otherwise.

4. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Probably most of those related hubs have been on the site for years.  Plenty of hubbers have old hubs about defunct websites, and have outdated advice about online writing in general.  As others have said, let those making the transition have the time that has been given to them.  I just did a search in the hubs section for the term, Squidoo, and came up with 400 results.  They are old hubs.  As hubbers realize it's probably best to delete them, we'll see less of them.  Keep in mind that a good percentage of writers on HP are not checking their profiles daily, or even monthly.

5. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Linda, I don't understand, as you were helping the Squidoo folks when they came, and now you are picking on stuff. These comments only alienate those who are new.
      Please try to help them get through this transfer.

LindaSmith1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Did I forget the sales pages!!!!  Did I forget that none of the transferred content has to go through QAP first?  A lot of what is on HP now from the transfer, Google didn't like it on Squidoo, and certainly isn't going to like it on Hub Pages.

1. neosurk profile image86
          neosurkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

FYI, only 175,000 lenses are seen by Google and those are published hubs now. These 175,000 lenses are the top lenses that were transferred and Google has nothing against those lenses.

These lenses, now hubs, had to go through Squidoo's quality filter too. And Squidoo's filter is quite snarky, and more strict than HP's QAP human review.

So give us a break. We are doing everything we can to do in 4 months. We DO understand your frustration, but it's not cool to pour your complaints on us.

2. lisavollrath profile image93
          lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think that's a huge generality. Google has always loved my top-ranking Squidoo lenses, putting them in the top three search results in their topics.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60

The titles are obvious in telling the writer that they no longer have any use.  Of course, they may be getting traffic from them and that is not an incentive to dump them.

3. profile image0
    Donna Cookposted 9 years ago

I'm a Squidoo refugee. Squidoo did not have a Learning Center or useful FAQ like HP does. The individual lenses provided that info. It was very inconvenient to have to search through them to find the info needed.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Donna: The point is they really don't have a place here at Hub Pages, since Squidoo has gone to the wayside.

1. lisavollrath profile image93

And HubPages has given us four months to make decisions about what we should do with our content here. It's not up to you to decide a timetable for us, or tell us what to do with that content. Those of us who are opting to remain are working as fast as we can to learn new tools, new policies, and get our content up to speed, according to the guidelines HubPages has given us.

2. Lee Hansen profile image77
      Lee Hansenposted 9 years ago

I tried to get rid of the few Squid-centric lenses I owned before the migration so I'm hoping there aren't any stragglers in my portfolio. If I find any, they're history.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

That I would not know Lee.  It is discouraging to read a hub and then see the spot for related hubs filled with the useless How to do this or that, etc, strictly for Squidoo.  Some can be revamped and used such as HTML for images that won't work on HP, but will work on blogs.

4. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
      Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

I'm sure they'll disappear in about 3 1/2 months.  Some hubbers (former lensmasters) have so much work to do and these may not be their top priority.  I don't have any of those types of pages but I do have some useless sales ones I felt pressured to make.  They sit there while I decide once and for all whether to delete them or make something useful out of them...leaning towards deleting them and, indeed, have deleted a few already.  My priority has been to work on the hubs that see the most traffic.  Those ones getting only a few views aren't on my Must Do Right Away List smile

1. Elsie Hagley profile image71
        Elsie Hagleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@Cari Kay, I'm like you I did delete any squidoo lens that didn't apply to HubPages before they were transferred, but I'm slowly getting through those useless sales one and have all ready deleted quite a few. I never like doing sales lens in the first place.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

I am sure there are a lot that were hubs from the beginning. But, you can take the links, erase the hubpages dot com, replace it with Squidoo and there you go, Squidoo lens. Even hubs about Helium and other sites that no longer exist, serve no purpose.  Maybe that is the direction HP is going now!!!

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Cari:  Sales pages can be fixed, moved or deleted. I deleted a lot of lenses when I left Squidoo because I lost interest in them. Some I copied, revamped and moved to my sites and blogs.  If I wrote about how to do something on another site, or the site that I am writing about, I can look at the title and remember, most of the time, what I wrote about..   Scan through the lenses and see titles like How to make money on Squidoo?, there really isn't anything to think about there.

1. Hooks and Needles profile image69
        Hooks and Needlesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

For all we know some of these people from Squidoo are even dead now or sick. Hubpages doesn't have time right now to go through and delete stuff like this with all the work it was taking just moving the content over and now the earnings thing has gone beserk. I think we just need to be patient and not worry about it just yet.

7. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
      Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

I agree but that may not be at the top of everybody's priority list smile

8. sockii profile image69
      sockiiposted 9 years ago

Everyone complaining about pages that need to be updated or simply eliminated after the migration really needs to chill and give us the time allotted BY HubPages to deal with them.

We know they are there. We are working our way through them all. We only had about 10 days' notice before our accounts were locked down to immediately backup/delete lenses we knew wouldn't transfer well. With over 200 lenses that transferred, and with other real life matters going on that have to take precedence, I've maybe gotten through half of my lenses to bring them "up to snuff" (and yeah, finding some I just want to delete, period.)

Keep in mind as well that there are surely many lensmasters who may not even KNOW yet what happened - people who had abandoned their accounts or only maybe check in on them every couple months. Not everyone is all online, all the time.

After the 4 month grace period is up I'm sure if lenses are flagged as inappropriate then admins here will deal with it. It might be nice to not have so much policing or criticizing going on in the meantime.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Kind of like letting Squidoo admins and SG deal with it?   There are legit concerns about what these transferred lenses are going to do to HP.   We have the right to voice those concerns. Call it critizing, policing, whatever, but it does not change the reality of the concerns.

1. pkmcruk profile image68
        pkmcrukposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps rather than the relentless criticism and negativity you could focus your efforts on providing helpful posts?

If you have problems with HubPages Management actions then why not email them? That would be more useful than constantly throwing criticism at people who are trying to adapt to a new site.

Squidoo Lensmasters have been given four months to deal with their imported lenses (now Hubs) and if you have a problem with that then the only people that can address your concerns are HubPages Management.

You may not appreciate how alienating your constant negativity is but please try to focus on something that helps people rather than hinders.

1. lisavollrath profile image93

+1

10. Greekgeek profile image78
      Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

For you, maybe, but some of us wrote tutorials that could be adapted to other websites with some revision. There are tips for generating traffic, how to use or not use social media, how to structure articles and maximize conversions and tweak graphics, that are not platform-specific, even if they were originally grouped together under Squidoo tutorials.

Some people here was telling me NOT to delete those but to revamp them, even though they are gonna take extra work.

I deleted about forty of mine -- although the deletions didn't actually take, thanks to Squidoo glitches, and many of those I'd deleted got transferred and had to be deleted again -- but I did save a few that could be repurposed. In fact, two of those I saved were old hubs. I unpublished a couple until I can get to them.

Please remember that some of us have 400-800+ articles to revamp. Trust me, they're not all 300-word articles with so little content that we can just snap our fingers and they're done. Some have a lot of content. Hundreds of our photos, videos, links, duels, quizzes, and other significant chunks of content were lost or made invisible during transfer or during Squidoo's final death throes the month before it shut down.

I know you're probably totally fed up with us at this point, and wish we'd go back where we came from, but please consider what it's like trying to fix hundreds of articles with large chunks of content lost or broken -- remember we basically had zero notice about this -- and grant us the same grace period that Hubpages is to go through them all.

Unless you want to help? smile

11. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Simply unpublish those that can be revamped. Unpublish and delete those that apply to Squidoo only.  In the meantime, they are featured hubs.  Oh well, maybe it is time to start searching other sites and let HP go to Squidoo.

1. Greekgeek profile image78
        Greekgeekposted 9 years agoin reply to this

News flash: since Squidoo content started transferring (and a lot of it is still on Squidoo), Quantcast's ranking for Hubpages has changed from the 70th top trafficked site up to the 24th, and daily pageviews have jumped from the high 800,000s to 1,600,000+ and are still climbing.

Yes, we have to revamp our articles. We're working on it. But it's JUST POSSIBLE that some of the traffic coming to your hubs now many be coming there by clicking on "related" links from some of those transferred articles.

1. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Those aren't quite the figures I saw when I looked at Quantcast. The Global rank is 24, but the US rank is 61.

Page Views the day before the Squidoo sale to HP was announced: 2,023,799
          Unique Visitors: 1,282,894

Page Views yesterday: 3,051,429
          Unique Visitors: 1,922,155

Increase in daily Page Views: 1,027,630
          Increase in daily Unique Visitors: 639,261

New Hubbers, probably viewing multiple Hubs of their own: 25,745

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
            DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I doubt anyone is seeing increased traffic from related hubs. The related hubs listed at the bottom of each page change, and as there are a lot more hubs now, the hubs that were listed before are displayed less often.
            If anyone has statistics to tell me that I am wrong, I would be glad to hear it. My own traffic from related hubs is inconsequential.

1. spartucusjones profile image91
              spartucusjonesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't have any clear stats on it, but I know I have a few Hubs that seem to get at least some traffic benefits from it. For example I have a Hub on female bass players which gets a good amount of traffic from a Hubber's sub domain who publishes a lot of Hubs on bass players. I also published a number of Hubs on protest songs and on each of them all of the related Hubs but two are my own (and this doesn't change). Most of my traffic for those Hubs is Google, but I still get a bit of traffic from my own sub domain which could be because of the related Hubs. It also means I should write two more Hubs about protest songs so that I could find a way to occupy every spot on the related Hub list.

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
                DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, spartacusjones. I always have 20 or 30 a day too, mostly from hubbers that write on dog health or selection issues. I have not seen any increase, though, despite those numbers that Greekgeek listed.
                Of course, my next niche is going to be protest songs, so I am going to take over a few of those spots myself!!!

1. spartucusjones profile image91

Sorry, I think I kind of missed your statement about increased views. At this point the views seem to be about the same. I guess I will have to wait and see whether or not the transfer will help or hurt my related Hub views. I guess in some cases it could mean that a Hubs gets dropped and in other cases it means that there could be more Hubs that will feature your Hub. My guess is that some will benefit and some won't.

If you start writing about protest songs I might have to start writing about dog health. smile

2. lisavollrath profile image93

Are you volunteering to do all the work it will take to hunt down and "simply unpublish" all the Squidoo-centric content on HubPages? Or are you just suggesting that we drop everything, and work according to your needs? Because one of those would get a big thumbs up from me, and another would get---well, not exactly my thumb.

12. CassandraCae profile image85
      CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

give people time, some people are sorting through tons of material, in a few months after the grace period, things will be different

13. Brite-Ideas profile image95
      Brite-Ideasposted 9 years ago

this is going to take me every bit of the 4 mths to sort through, no question about that

14. LindaSmith1 profile image60

They are hubs now, but take out the hub pages dot com, replace it with squiddoo dot com, a lot of them are transferred lenses.

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
        rebekahELLEposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Probably some of them are, but I would never go to the trouble of replacing the dot com to check.  smile
        In time, they will disappear.

15. Michael Kismet profile image90
      Michael Kismetposted 9 years ago

I think Linda's had enough guys, she's obviously just letting her frustrations get the better of her, we can all feel that way sometime. Let's just all move forward, and let sleeping dogs lie.  And no, that isn't a pun referring to Lindasmith1's avatar. smile

1. relache profile image72

Linda from two years ago (below) and Linda now are pretty much the same.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/88532?p … ost1892629

16. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Michael: Lucy is anything but a sleeping dog.  I see anyone who does not do the Happy Dance, gets crucified by>>>>>.

Funny how the posts at Yuku are from SQ are becoming I am not earning what I was on Squiddo.  HP should do this, have this or that because Squidoo did.  Put them all together and it is like a campaign of Hey, Why Can't HP do what Squidoo did, format, etc.  Well this is Hub Pages Not Squidoo!!!

17. Craftypicks profile image77
      Craftypicksposted 9 years ago

I haven't been here long but I have seen traffic from related hubs many times. I understand there is a territory resentment from Hubbers. Squidoo invaded your turf and your scared too. You should see how we feel. A year from now we will all be Hubbers and hopefully rewriting history will stop. We are all stuck with each other. We might as well get to know each other and become friends.

Not putting up with the attacks.  Reporting them.

2. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 9 years ago

I understand your concern that hubs with outdated information about defunct content farms show up on the "discover more hubs" section.  But according to HP's FAQ, the "discover more hubs" have to be featured

http://hubpages.com/faq/#discover-more-hubs

and in 3 months or so when the Squidoo transfer grace period is up, these hubs will probably not pass muster to be featured.  That, or they will become unfeatured due to lack of "engagement" as HP calls it.

As someone pointed out upthread, HP already had A LOT of hubs about Squidoo and other defunct sites before HP took over Squidoo's content.  There are hubs about Associated content, Yahoo Voices, Helium, and lots more sites that have come and gone.  They are all unfeatured for the most part and not visible to search engines, so probably not harming the site.

3. Lionrhod profile image78
        Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

Just a thought for those of you folks who have "How to Squidoo" pages that you feel can be reworked to fit HP.

You might want to consider unpublishing the pages when you have time and then create it as a new hub, so that you can get a new URL (Google will probably like your new URL better.)

I haven't yet published my first hub on HP (still working on fixing my old lenses) so I don't know how hard or easy that might be.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Where is Squidoo now?  Shower curtain lenses, the joke of a lens about toilet seats was passed by Squidoo filters.

1. Craftypicks profile image77
          Craftypicksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Actually it came before the filters. It was the bomb they tossed at us when they started changing things. They posted the lens and said things would be changing. It was just a little too late. The Titanic was sinking. Linda, I agree with a lot of things your saying about Squidoo, but you seem to have a lot of anger addressed at us. We have to pass the Hubs Quality Filters so there is no danger of substandard lenses going through. Lensmasters have 4 months to get it done. It's fair to people who have hundreds of lenses to revamp. These are good lenses, but the two interfaces didn't blend perfectly so Lensmasters have a lot of work a head of them. Do you really think when they are entering the buying season that they want to be editing old lenses? They did this to us last year too. They waited for Christmas to tell everyone they were locking lenses if not changed. At least Hubs is giving people until after the Holiday to finish this task.

Lenses that were Featured on Squidoo will be Featured Hubs on HubPages.

WIP Lenses will be unpublished after they're moved to HubPages.

I started writing on Squidoo when the filter thing started. As more complained about locked lenses, etc, traffic going in the toilet, sales pages being feature on the main page, Lens of the day, etc, entire accounts, with decent lenses, over 300 in their account being locked and deleted without notice, I jumped ship. The handwriting was on the wall.  There was some questions raised, by lensmasters, as to the possiblity of SG selling out.  Of course, some from chimed in No Way!

A whole lot went on there and now those lenses are here because they were featured on Squidoo so they won't go through QAP before being featured.

http://writerfox.hubpages.com/hub/Seth- … o-HubPages

1. Craftypicks profile image77
              Craftypicksposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I totally understand your fear Linda and you were smart to get out when you did. I was told 100 times to jump too, but I am afraid of heights! I know they will be featured on here, but if it makes you feel any better the lenses did pass the new Squidoo Filters. We have been revamping our lenses over and over again for so long I don't even know what my original lenses look like. I didn't write sales lenses. I tried it and it was awful.
                I don't blame you for being upset. I don't blame any Hub person for resenting having all these lenses from a failed company sprung on them, but please don't be angry at us. We went though this too and for a very long time.  Hubs is by far a much better writing forum and it will stay strong until we are though this.

2. spartucusjones profile image91

The transferred lenses will go through QAP, it is just that they have a 4 month grace period to sort things out. Considering the sheer volume of content that some Squids will have to shift through combined with the short notice, I feel the 4 months is more than reasonable. I'm sure after the four months much of that content will be cleaned up, in the mean time we just need to be patient. This is an adjustment for everyone, but right now we are now on the same team and need to do our best to work together. If the issues still exist four months from now, maybe that will be the time to start a thread and vent, but right now it is just counterproductive.

5. Shades-of-truth profile image83
        Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

I, for one, am dismayed to see the contention here. Shouldn't we all be trying to help each other? I was very confused when I first came over from Squidoo, and was greatly encouraged to see all of the support on HubPages.

This thread didn't make me feel very good, as contention and strife are rarely productive. Sorry, y'all, but I just had to comment.

1. Lionrhod profile image78
          Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Shades, I consider you one of the helpful voices. As we've said more than once, we former lensmasters want above all else to be in compliance with HP's rules and to help create fantastic hubs and content.

Me personally, back in the old days of the web, both of my sites ranked on Google's top page and normally in the top three for the subjects I covered.

Now there's a lot more traffic, a lot more websites, and yep  I have to work harder. I'm  cool with that. It just makes me work harder to be a better writer.

My mission: To create high quality original content.

There's nobody else who is me and has my exact perspectives. Just as there's nobody else who is you and has yours. As a writer, I find that while I might not "get" a message from one writer, another writer's explanation of a very similar thing might send me hopping off to improve my writing.

6. Judy Filarecki profile image70
        Judy Filareckiposted 9 years ago

I'm trying to figure out what to do about my "Contributor on Squidoo" Lens. I put a lot of good information into that lens and have modified it for HP, but I haven't figured what to do about the title and the url which I really can't change.

Go to edit!  Then click on title, which will allow you to change the title. I don't know if you have a summary or not, but if you click on it, you can change that too.  If you don't have a summary, a summary box might pop up, under your title.

The URL cannot be changed, but you can change title, summary, and any other part of your hubs.

1. Judy Filarecki profile image70
            Judy Filareckiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Linda,
            I have all ready done both of those things, but it is the url that concerns me because I do get traffic through that URL. It hasn't been as much as my other hubs, and I think I'll just republish under another URL and hope for getting traffic back.

2. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Do you mean this one?
          http://judyfilarecki.hubpages.com/hub/i … ontributor
          The url is good, and the title can be edited.  Just click on the title when you're in edit mode and it will let you change it.  As for the rest of it, just change the links to Squidoo articles to their new HP urls, and omit all the references to Squidoo.  Otherwise it looks fine to me.

Thanks Calculus. You are right. I thought the URL had Squidoo in. I really appreciate you taking the time to look.

7. Judy Filarecki profile image70
        Judy Filareckiposted 9 years ago

It is my understanding that once we edit a Hub and click Done Editing, we forfeit the 4 months for that Hub and it goes through QAP right away. I've edited about 50% of my Hubs including two that were unpublished when transferred over. Once they were edited, they passed QAP and are now published.

1. profile image0
          calculus-geometryposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's true, it will go through the QAP, but it's not that hard to pass.  If there's no black warning box at the top of your hub (that only you can see when you're logged in) then there are no violations you need to worry about.  From the looks of your hubs, I don't think you will run into any "overly promotional" issues because you aren't using Amazon links excessively (as per HP's definition of excessive.)

2. relache profile image72

Correct.  Although "going through QAP" isn't always an instantaneous review, and can occasionally take as long as a couple days if the queue gets backed up.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60

To do that, you would have to unpublish, delete.  It takes 24 hours for system to delete it. They you need to use Google URL removal too to try to get it, and cache version out of search engines.  By doing this, you run the risk of it coming back as duplicate content.

Thank you Linda and Calculus.
          After realizing that the URL did not contain Squidoo, I decided to totally change the title, and went through and made sure all mention of Squidoo was removed and corrected all the squidoo links to HP. I clicked "Done Editing" and the ranking went from 74 to 85. I'm  happy with that and will not unpublished and republish under a new url. Thank goodness.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
      Necessary
      HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
      LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
      Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
      AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
      HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
      Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
      CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
      Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
      Features
      Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
      Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
      Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
      PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
      MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
      Marketing
      Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
      Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
      Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
      Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
      Statistics
      Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
      ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
      Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
      ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)