Do you know the truth!!!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)
  1. soaring1010eagle profile image61
    soaring1010eagleposted 9 years ago

God really has a personal name "Jehovah" it appears 4 times in the King James Bible.  Soon to come here will be Jehovah Witness's and how I know their religion is the truth.  Any other Jehovah witness's out there, I would love to teach and learn more.

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

JW's are fear mongerers. None of their predictions of doom have come to pass yet.

2. BuddiNsense profile image59
      BuddiNsenseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

God really has the personal name of "the God"[El]. There was none to name god. Yahweh is one of his sons.

2. soaring1010eagle profile image61
    soaring1010eagleposted 9 years ago

in Hebrew the name Jehovah is written in 4 letters which are called a "Tetragrammaton and in modern language translated as YHWH and nobody knows how to actually prouncouce this name, but then again we don't know how to properly procounce many names in the Bible.  Jehovah told Joseph what to name his miracle son "Jesus"
    You sound like an angry, lost and confused person, your comments show you have not done your homework on the Bible at all.
    Genesis 2:18 Then Jehovah God said: "It is not good for the man to continue to be alone. I am going to make a helper for him"
    19 Now Jehovah God had been forming from the ground every wild animal of the field . . .and whatever the man would call each living creature that came its name.
    20 states there was no helper for him
    21-22 Jehovah God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. . . he took one of his ribs. . . 33 And Jehovah God built the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and he brought her to the man.
    24 That is why a man will leave his father and mother and he will stick to his wife and they will become one flesh.

I don't have any problem with you commenting on any of my posts, just wanted to let you know this will be my only Bible based debate with you.  God says don't waste time arguing with the fool.  You really need to read the Bible thoroughly if you are going to intelligently rebuke it.

1. cjhunsinger profile image60
      cjhunsingerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

soaring
      "God says don't waste time arguing with the fool." That is exactly the same way I feel when I am having a conversation with a theist.
      What I find most interesting is the infighting between theists. When are you going to decide a common definition of a god, so all these wars come to an end.
      My god is bigger than your god, is really kind of silly. Christianity, although Americanized, defanged by the Bill of Rights with a reference to secularism pretty much mutes theistic dogma, which nullifies the theistic premise of a god and your ascertians that one even exists.

3. ro-jo-yo profile image84
    ro-jo-yoposted 9 years ago

The true Hebrew name of our Creator is Yehowah not Jehovah. The true Hebrew name of Yehowseph's son is Yehowshuwa.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)