So Unfair!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (18 posts)
  1. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

It's really unfair to make hubs " UNFEATURED " just because that they wouldn't be getting SUFFICIENT search traffic.. I have edited like 3 hubs to make them go back to their " Featured " status but again, the moderators have kept them unfeatured. They have added a note saying that these hubs have got unfeatured because of insufficient search traffic.
    They told me to update them with new info, but what kind of new info do they want??!
    Like for example, I have a hub which talks about removing cellulite at home. The hub has all the info which I know that they can benefit some people, what new info should I add? This hub alone has more than 1500 words!
    This is really unfair as I really did my best to make the hubs which I have edited so perfect, informative and well written!
    I'm really trying my best now but that's enough!! I'm really sick of this...This is so discouraging!
    When I edit like 2-3unfeatured  hubs a day, I say to myself that I will be editing 2 more for tomorrow but when I check out my hubs stats the next day, I find that the hubs which I have edited didn't get featured and so then I would have to work on them again and again until they like them......
    How would they know that my recently edited hubs would not get sufficient search traffic when they're not even giving me the chance to get them featured again for at least ONE freaking day?!!!

1. peachpurple profile image80
      peachpurpleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

same here, I update one unfeatured hub per day. Was featured the next day. But I have a garlic hub still unfeatured after I had edited 3 times. Gave up and leave it there. Don't bother yourself too much about it

2. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What does it matter?  Your visitors, if any, can still find it the same way the others did.  Being unfeatured does not mean unpublished; it simply means google will not index it so a search (that isn't happening anyway) won't find it.

2. maxoxam41 profile image64
    maxoxam41posted 9 years ago

While African Americans are killed by the police you are aiming at cellulite... And god bless America. What about, it is uninteresting? Boohoo, she's crying whereas children in the Middle East are dying but It doesn't concern you, does it? Here is a subject that would interest me, are you up to it?

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image76
      LuisEGonzalezposted 9 years agoin reply to this

While there are tons of interesting and worthy articles that will definitely get more traffic than lets say cellulite or garlic, everyone can write about whatever they deem important. I sincerely do not think that you nor I are qualified to tell a writer what to write about.

2. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If Ranakm ceased worrying or writing about cellulite, would that make even the slightest difference to ill-treatment of African Americans?  Or would it stop children dying from starvation in the Middle East?

Of course it would not! 

But if there is unfair treatment of a young person doing her best to present quality material to Hub Pages, perhaps you, maxoxam41 could help to boost the cause of fairness, right here and now. 

Just my opinion.   You have a right to yours, of course.

big_smile

3. RanaKm profile image44
    RanaKmposted 9 years ago

Hehe.. Thanks you made me smile a lil..
    You seem to be so relaxed while I'm on fire now big_smile
    I'm so angry with the new rules oon here sad
    Seriously, I have edited a specific hub for more than 3 times and they're still unfeaturing it..
    The hub which talks about cellulite is just one example btw....Besides, I don't like to write about politics or children dying..It hurts my heart because no one listens and by no one, I mean those people who have powers to stop these kind of things from happening....................hmm

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cellulite is an almost impossible term to rank in the search engines. Try sharing it on Pinterest with a super photo. Then share it at Facebook, Google+, Stumbleupon and Twitter. Even if it is unfeatured the link will still work. If you still don't get traffic for it, start you own blog about weight loss.

I have as many as 30-40 hubs that I wrote when I first started that I've done this with. There is no sense in beating a dead horse here. I know it is frustrating. After 5 years here I get frustrated some days too.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

When you have, your own site you don't have to play these games.

5. word55 profile image69
    word55posted 9 years ago

Take a chance and add just a few new positive things to any un-featured hub and it should get featured. Chance it, chance it, chance it. You can do it!

6. word55 profile image69
    word55posted 9 years ago

I forgot to mention that you must have the virtue of patience on your side: a virtue that you choose to utilize. With patience, you take your time and relate a more personal association with the subject.

7. lisavanvorst profile image63
    lisavanvorstposted 9 years ago

I have many unfeatured hubs from when the editors decided that our hubs need changes. I decided not to change anything and just start writing new hubs.

1. RanaKm profile image44
      RanaKmposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I previously had about 160 published hubs before the new year but once changes to the rules were done, the moderators suddenly unpublished about 50 of them.
      They said that they ( my hubs) included outbound links to my site and they didn't like my site so they blocked it and banned me from linking to it.
      I said ok, let me just remove these links and resubmit again, everything was fine after that, and my hubs have got published again.
      One month passed and I woke up one day to find about 40 hubs of mine unfeatured because they included links or ebay/amazon products that are irrelevant to the articles. I remember that I complained about having to deal again with these and edit them once again. But I did edit them and I was done with them.
      2 months have passed after that and I was always seeing hubs getting unfeatured because they needed me to update them with new info!!
      From the total 160 hubs, I deleted about 44 hubs and kept 116 hubs to rid myself off of the problems I got with the first 2 months of 2015.
      Then now, I was always seeing my hubs getting unfeatured and about 50 hubs got unfeatured and have got this ( half featured/half unfeatured ) icon showing next to each one of them...
      I tried to edit these and update them with new info, I tried my best and resubmitted about 10 hubs for more than 2/3 times to the moderators. I logged in again to my account the next 2 days to find that only 3 of them got featured while the others were still unfeatured.
      I didn't lose my persistence, I swear I kept on resubmitting again with better English grammar and some new info but nothing was worth it! Seriously!!
      I eventually decided to delete all of my hubs off of this site and place them on my website!
      I won't forget the great writers and the people which I have met on HP and I wish you guys all the best. I think, however, that you might experience what I have experienced and maybe decide to quit this site as I did.
      I hope you do realize that this is totally not the best site for you guys, you really deserve better than this treatment.

Regards,

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
        Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I wish you the best of luck with your site and I hope the new content helps you. I hate to see anyone leave.

2. Jan Saints profile image87
        Jan Saintsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How are the articles doing at your site?

8. cherylvance profile image72
    cherylvanceposted 9 years ago

Tell me this? How did you get 44 followers with no hubs?

9. LindaSmith1 profile image62
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

cherylvance:  Ranakim deleted hubs.

10. daisydayz profile image85
    daisydayzposted 9 years ago

Ive found that directing traffic to it myself (mainly via Facebook) has increased the views sufficiently to get a few of mine re-featured. Try pushing traffic towards them yourself and not relying on google to do it for you. I find FB groups are the quickest and easiest way, if your post is beauty related join a few beauty blogger groups you'll be amazed at the traffic you can get, and once your numbers are up subpages may change it to featured again. But I really wouldnt worry, as long as a few of your hubs are getting search traffic, add links from them to your unfeatured ones and the traffic will naturally follow.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)