Feenix , Banned from Hubpages ?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (99 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

Why ?  I wonder if it isn't because of political  reasons , is it because  of his criticism of President Obama ? Or was it some other reason ,   I cannot say I followed all of his posts ,but I didn't see anything  too edgy -- but someone hyper- critical of most  P.C. lines of thought.   Did he offend the God's of political correctness .   It just seems it is okay for some but not all to be on the edgy side ?

1. John Holden profile image59
      John Holdenposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Never took too well to the man, but banned! Unlike some others who seem to post with impunity he never offended.
      I don't think causing offence is a just reason for banning either.
      I suspect it's a typical Hubpages reaction of ban first, ask questions later, if they can be bothered.

2. Credence2 profile image80
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Feenix is ok, a little controversial and flamboyant, but a stand up sort of guy.
      Cmon, ahorseback, your explanation as to why he was banned is ridiculous.

1. rhamson profile image71
        rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't know if he should have been banned as all should have their say. Personally I found little redeemable content when he was confronted with facts and links to refute his arguments. He seemed to think it a fight rather than an argument when he would respond to me. Many times he insulted me rather than answer my questions. Provocative yes, banned for it I don't know.

1. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, feenix and I were on differing poles in our positions on most of the issues of the day. He and I had very similar backgrounds and we rejoiced in that. But, he and I made a truce to agree not to 'rub each others rhubarb'. We were a lot like that old Warner Brothers cartoon about the Coyote and Sheepdog, we fought during working hours but visited for our virtual cup of coffee at lunch. We left as friends sharing a mutual background when we were 'off the clock' While caustic and brusque in style and my ideological nemesis, he wrote compelling articles supporting his side of the argument. I am sorry that he came off as rude for so many.

3. Perspycacious profile image63
      Perspycaciousposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I will have to be careful, too.  I suggested that HP might have decided to only post statistics a couple of times a week, and today I read " Includes data from 42 hours ago and earlier."  The only answer I received said that no such decision had been made and that I should check out Google Analytics if I want (the regular updates?) for what I used to enjoy from HP. I understand some Hubbers have had problems getting Google Analytics?.

4. profile image0
      Guantaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I have known feenix for more than 30 years, or ever since 1983, and he is not any of the negative things that some of you have accused him of being.

For example, feenix is not a "troller" -- and that is because he is a highly-skilled writer who cranks out one thoughtful Hub after another -- which translates to the fact that he has no need, nor does he have the time, to "troll" around the site. 

And so far as the person who referred to him as a "moron," the only reason why he said such a thing is feenix does not march to the same drummer that he marches to.

Furthermore, any "sins" that feenix committed on HubPages pale in comparison to the all of the "sins" that were committed against him. And in that same vein, feenix has never done any name-calling. Yes, he does set people straight, but he always does that without calling them names.

Before feenix took three years off from HubPages due to illness, he was one of the top and most highly-respected writers on the site. That is the reason why in less than one year, he gained nearly 500 followers and had two full rows of accolades.

The problem, as I see it, is there are a whole lot of people around today would are prisoners of Political Correctness and who have the misconception that men who behave like "real men" are bullies.

The one and only reason why feenix was banned is he stood his ground against the people on this site who are the real bullies.

1. Aime F profile image69
        Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Who he is online and how he treats people behind the anonymity of the Internet still speaks towards his character. I'm sure he's a lovely person in the real world, but on here he certainly came across as being less than kind and rational on several occasions - to the extent that he's been banned. That's still a part of who he is and that's the only part of him that most of us knew. I'm sure he appreciates you stepping in to defend him and I don't think his behaviour on here necessarily defines him, but it counts for something and we are not 'wrong' for pointing it out.

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is still very lopsided as to which side of the political offender gets banned and which  remains ,   Obviously might is right , the left wins again .   ---  let him back on I say !

In all fairness to feenix, I do think that his HP nemesis should have been banned before or at the same time as he was. She's probably worse than he was for the unnecessary drama.

2. gmwilliams profile image85
            gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Even though I am a Liberal, I also want feenix to return to the site.

2. bethperry profile image83
        bethperryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am glad to know what happened to feenix, so thank you for sharing. I miss him, respect him and hope he is doing much better now.

5. profile image0
      TheBizWhizposted 8 years agoin reply to this

ahorseback,
      I thought Feenix was a standup guy and although he was outspoken, he never stooped as low as those that gave it back to him. The reality is that the people who attacked him had polar opposite views and didn't get banned. I do find that a bit ironic that they themselves didn't get banned for worse behavior.

I got banned for 3 days for asking a certain question. The moderator told me it "violated the terms of agreement" because my question "does not ask a question about facts". So I got banned for asking a question that would get answered with opinions? That is crazy because HP is full of those types of questions! But since they own the site, they can make up the rules to work different ways for different people. Its a shame that they can't apply the same rules to everyone. Moderators just pick and choose who they agree with or like and those are the ones that are above the rules.

1. profile image0

That's exactly right ,  and I suspect that feenix is actually laughing at the duality of these issues of projected  political correctness !    For quite some time there has been  a dual standard for those who profess owning  liberal ideals !   The  reason for your banning is ridiculous in meaning and in genuine truth !    Let's face it though more and more we who are even Independent  are accused  of ultra- conservatism . Hey , after all , what have they got to fight with against  against our opinions , except   blatant and tiresome  accusations?

2. profile image0

Well , I believe it's probably because he was about to "Publish a critique of President Obama" .     as he stated  in a forum or hub comment , Makes me wonder about the real mission of HP forum  moderators ?   I mean ,after all , Can we have a black man  threaten to critique a black president in  HP forums ,   Just asking ?

Banned for thinking of doing something!

More likely to be the person who was giving him grief-the recent forum topic seems to have disappeared.

From recent experience I got suspended for a comment made to another poster who remained unsuspended for an offensive comment made to me.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

I think he was banned for his conduct, not his opinions.  IMHO he was probably trolling, just more subtle about it than the average. I would not assume that I/we even saw the conduct that crossed the line, Hubstaff have probably removed it.

4. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 8 years ago

I'm sorry to see him go. I think HubPages is sometimes too eager to ban people. Anyone who is outspoken usually has trouble here.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

I think he was a troll… and not a green one and not a black one...

6. psycheskinner profile image83

I have not noticed them going after the outspoken, only those who cannot do it without calling people names.  It is a long-standing and universal forum rule.

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't recall Feenix ever calling anyone names.

I think the post that he called me a name has been deleted. But this is some of the rhetoric he gave me.

"because listening to a whole lot of bullshit from some soft, well-fed dude like you who has never even been in a good street fight is something I cannot stomach."

How do you respond to that? I didn't and told him I thought the conversation had come to an end. He was okay with that and said "right on".

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That's probably because those posts were reported and deleted.

Pretty much everyone I have seen banned was a spammer or called a specific person a derogatory name.  You might not agree with the rules but they are pretty clear.  I and a few other people here can be pretty out there and difficult at times, but so long as we don't call anyone a poopyhead Hubstaff clearly do not care.

7. profile image0

I did not know that he had been here before , however I never had much though or inclination to think of him as offensive , only as outspoken ,   I 've seen a lot worse than him as to  personally  offending someone !  I DO  believe that Hub Page moderators  can  and do ban on simply political bases and THAT  is not good !

1. profile image0

ahorseback, feenix joined HubPages in mid-2011 and shortly after that he encouraged me to join. And from mid-2011 to mid-2012, or in only about a year, he wrote well over 100 Hubs, gained nearly 500 followers and, as I stated before, he was highly respected and one of the most famous Hubbers on the site as well as one of the most infamous.

Feenix, was, and continues to be, a star and I have no doubt that he will move on to bigger and better things, such as being a star in the upcoming presidential campaign.

Famous with whom?

1. profile image0

"Famous to whom?" John Holden was it really necessary for you to come off in such a cynical and adolescent way? You are the very type that causes there to be as many squabbles on HubPages as there are. Man up, dude.

1. gmwilliams profile image85

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to Guanta for that profound statement.  Preach on sister!

1. profile image0

Thank you, gm. feenix took me under his wing a long time ago, and I owe him so much. Men like him are a dying breed.

2. John Holden profile image59

Profound!

1. profile image0

John Holden, if you are out to pick on a little old lady, you have selected the wrong one to pick on.

Oh for heavens sake, grow up.
                  I'm not picking on any little old ladies, I'm not picking on anybody at all.
                  I'm about the same age as Grace and she has always given as good, or better, than she gets.

1. profile image0

John Holden, and I can give as good as I get. Just keep trying me.

Why was pointing out that I had barely ever read the man and that there are hubbers who I am much more familiar with cynical and adolescent?

1. profile image0

John Holden, I urged you to man up but obviously, you did not follow my advice.

You didn't say anything about your not reading much of feenix's works and that you are more familiar with other Hubbers. You simply asked, in a smart-mouthed tone, "Famous to whom?"

What you are doing is trying to weasel your way out of the foolish little question you posed. You are making a desperate attempt to pull your foot from out of your mouth.

Try reading the whole thread.

Good night.

ETA sure your're not Feenix?

1. profile image0

Because feenix is one of my greatest mentors, I have taken on many of his traits. In fact, he taught me how to be a strong woman.

And besides, the last time I talked with feenix, he was busy making preparations for his involvement in the 2016 presidential campaign.

2. profile image0

I had recently followed  and fan mailed feenix [mutually ], You say you've known him forever ,  I certainly hope he stays in touch and not lose faith that the P.C. crowd is always going  to be the P.C. crowd ,     He has an interesting history  , as I find many great people , feenix has an unbridled  way of  communicating , I liked him !  He stated once that he councils or has counseled vets , the most genuine   patriots in the world !    I hope he continues to be true to himself ,  he is a breath of fresh air among the usual [and unusual ] forum dwellers .

I have found that very left leaning   political  motivated people are the most drastically  intolerant of others opinion's ,  It will never surprise me that "they" would ban him or those like him .  I hope feenix looks at this like the  left intolerance  that he experienced after Viet- Nam .     If he does just that , he will understand completely , they don't matter .  Be well feenix !

1. profile image0

ahorseback, quite possibly, feenix is looking in on this exchange. I will find out this evening when I talk with him.

And take it from me, someone who has known him forever. He is not going to change course or throw in the towel. As he has referred to himself many times to me, he is a Soldier. Every time he gets knocked down, he just jumps back on his feet, tightens up the slack, and drives on.

An inside joke between feenix and me is, "He is the most interesting man in the world."

8. profile image0

John Holden , I'm sorry John  , I somehow attached this messege to your  link , I meant no disrespect to you ! I meant this messege to

1. profile image0

Sorry guys , I meant this message to Guanta !

ahorseback, despite my leftist intolerance, no problem smile

9. profile image0

"Famous to Who "   
    Feenix   is the kind of person that I always find very interesting , because of their often very  trying and very intense  personal life experiences .  Like everyone should  ,  I actually appreciate the kind of person , the veteran that has actually earned his right to free speech , the hard way !.   In America , there is probably no other veteran than the Viet Vet - that has so earned his right to speak freely  about anything and in their own way , than the Viet Nam veteran ,

America has an extremely  dark stain in it's not too distant past ;  One  , trying to ignore the  extreme and very personal sacrifices of these men and women .   America , as you well know , was a country in  almost complete political , cultural and  social   turmoil in the sixties  .  A lot of  intellectual leftist's in America  like to portray themselves as the grand  knights in shining armor  , for the successes in the "revolutionary" days of the sixties .  Hog wash !  Two  , It was the sacrifice of innocence  of men much like feenix ,  and many,  many others that I know and admire that  scraped the  jungle rot from their combat boots and flew home to a completely ungrateful country .    Three ,They silently and  sometimes  failingly attempted to reboot their  civilian lives back to some sort of normalcy --all on their own .   Not victory parades , no crying families , not much in the way of anything positive from us !

"  Famous to who " ?  -- To me for one . And he ought to be to Hub Pages

I think you are using the word "famous" differently to most of us.
      I understand it to mean "well known" to many people. Perhaps you mean to use the word "hero" which does not require the subject to be well known.

10. psycheskinner profile image83

All he had to do is not call people names repeatedly, he knew that and made his choice. The rules do not change even if you are "famous"

1. profile image0

I read every one of feenix's nearly 150 hubs and saw all the comments he made and that were sent to him. And although he was called names by other hubbers numerous times, he never called another a hubber a name. Feenix is not the kind of man who calls others names. That is beneath his dignity.

Now, when some one attacked him for something he wrote, or was insultingly or cynically critical of him, he always struck back and stood up for himself. And some times he had to get tough with them because they were doing every thing they could to make him look foolish and stupid. That's what happened with that person who calls himself Rhamson.

Feenix is the kind of a man who does not take any guff from anyone and ironically, that's what got him banned.

Specifically, feenix got banned because he dared to stand his ground against all the atheists and their allies who constantly insulted, harassed and stalked him, and there is a well-known atheist on HubPages who led the charge.

Everything you have written concerning the reason why feenix got banned is nothing but speculation. You are in no position to know the whole story.

Sadly INDEED.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years ago

Has anybody met him?
    Once, I almost typed, "If you are not black you are in for a lot of trouble."
    But Gandhi did say, we must believe a man...

1. profile image0

Earlier in the forum, you wrote that you think feenix is a "troll." That was your opinion and in this case you should have kept your opinion to yourself because that couldn't be farther from the truth.

You don't know the man and obviously, you don't know anything about the fact that he was constantly attacked by many others, just because he is a black man who has conservative views on social and political issues.

"The nerve of him" is the attitude of many on HubPages as well as many in real life.

12. profile image0

Whatever the words used John , At least Feenix was interesting !  Not like the many little gestapo squads of the left .   Where without the strength of individuality  they must all rely on the  sameness of boring   self infatuation .

Feenix was indeed interesting.......even cool. So sorry he was banned.  Yes, he had different religious opinions but THAT'S no reason for being banned.  In my estimation, he did not hurt anyone by being vocal in expressing such opinions.

1. profile image0

And you just spelled out the reason why feenix got banned. He is very interesting and he is very cool. And because a certain atheist on HubPages and her followers could not stand him for that, they carried out a campaign to get him banned and they succeeded. And that same group has done that to some other hubbers, including Stargrrl who just  got banned, too.

That's strange, she was pretty tame.... though I was also under the impression that she was a previously banned member who came back under a different username and I'm not sure what the policy on that is.

1. profile image0

I don't know Stargrrl, but when she got banned the other day, she sent an Email to feenix advising him of what happened and he told me about it.

2. gmwilliams profile image85

Aime, you had the correct initial impression. Stargrrl did use an avatar of a previously banned person on her avatar so people were under the impression that the avatar was her.  Also there was the impression that the person/avatar was banned twice before. Just check out stargrrl's banned profile page to see the avatar.  That makes people very suspicious of her being previously banned....It was probably that recent avatar that caused Stargrrl to be banned. That avatar was a dead giveaway.  If it were not for that avatar, Stargrrl would still be at HubPages, writing away.

Well there you have it, that makes sense. smile

I actually had assumed it was her well before she changed her profile picture, she had a lot of the same things to say and the same writing style.

Understandably the HP staff would want to crack down on previously banned members coming back under different usernames, otherwise what's the point in banning them in the first place.

Exactly,putting an avatar which is a dead giveaway of previously being banned is not a smart move.  Stargrrl or whoever believed that she was getting under the Hubpages' radar so to speak.  She believed that there was going to be smooth sailing.  Well, it would have been smooth sailing if it weren't for the last avatar.  There are those who KNOW exactly who that avatar belongs to.  In essence, one really can't get away with murder-karma WILL get him/her one way or another to paraphrase Deborah Henry's song. Well, I am off to a nice sleep.  Still have a cold and a residual back ache.  Good night, Aime.

That is biased nonsense.  Who reports whom is irrelevant.

You can report people til the cows come home, Hubpages makes the decision.

At the end of the day you follow their very simple rules, or you leave, or you get kicked out.  It is not complicated.

Unfortunately psycheskinner, all too often they act and think (or not think) later.
            I know this because I challenged a suspension and they quickly accepted that the suspension had been uncalled for.
            They seem to have a cadre of hubbers whose reports they take at face value without any inspection or overview.

2. profile image0

psycheskinner, you are over-simplifying the ways that things can happen on HubPages or in any other enterprise. Quite often, there are mistakes and oversights because of the fact that human beings are involved. And feenix's being banned was definitely something that occurred because of the flaws that humans have.

I have been banned from posting for up a couple of days and once for six days. I deserved it when I look back on it. I mostly get mad at people who just want to spout their opinion and act like they are the last authority on the subject. Your buddy Feenix was one one with such an attitude. When asked where he got his information once he said he pulled it out of thin air. I don't feel that sorry for him because he made his own bed and now he has to lie in it.

1. profile image0

Do not ever refer to feenix as my "buddy" again. The man is one of my very best friends and someone I can always count on. Show some respect.

And just exactly who do you think you are? When people post hubs, they don't owe you any explanations concerning their sources or references. If it is so important for you to have such information or data, look it up yourself.

You are into playing the old "gotcha game" and that is very annoying to those of us who are grownups.

And feenix "made his own bed and now he has to lie in it?"

You got that wrong because feenix does not even feel bad over being banned from HubPages. He was glad to get out of here because he found himself wasting far too much time dealing with adults who behave like bratty little children.

Feenix is an Aries.  Aries people are unstoppable, optimistic, positive, and have a can do attitude.  Feenix is not going to let this "ban" preclude him from further success.  Feenix is a very strong person.  Feenix is insurmountable.  Feenix is a very articulate, highly intelligent person in addition to be an excellent writer.  Although some may disagree with Feenix's  sociopolitical and socioreligious premise, his supreme and acute talent and intelligent cannot be dismissed nor taken away from him. With that being said, I am now taking off at least 2 weeks from HubPages  to rest my cold(getting better slowly) and my back.    Adieu Guanta,it was nice to meet  you.

13. profile image0

Sadly , the  forum moderators seem  just as biased as any participant ,   that's when it get's political .Maybe HP needs  a lesson in free speech   I will vote any day for the individual  who goes against the status quo....all too many people these days are boringly the same . Especially those who  flag !  There is far more to be learned by listening to the fringe , not that feenix was that fringe . Most political forum dwellers are simply parroting  the same old BS ideals  from the same sources .

14. profile image0

Hub Pages needs more people like Feenix,  He's extremely honest  , he's interesting and  unique in his individualism .   Liberals profess to love individuality .....yet they really don't love it at all , the clone -like gestapo tactics  are more their style ,  Lets face it THAT is why he was banned . Because he has strengths !     I hope he continues to write , he has some unique  experiences that we ALL could stand to  learn of !

ahorseback, I wish you could post something without constantly insulting me.
      If you hadn't noticed I'm a lefty but I'm not "Gestapo" or any other of the unthinking labels you apply to the left.

I manage to address you without constantly deriding you, is it too much to ask that you avoid doing the same?

1. profile image0

I didn't insult you or attempt  to make you feel insulted  John ,  perhaps you chose to feel insulted ?    I wrote  in general about the  of P.C. crowd  that cannot except a  conservative  Black man and his opinions , after all that's  out of the ordinary for so  many to accept ,  I would however , like anyone to show me where feenix called people derogatory names .

You constantly throw blanket insults at those of us on the left.
          Why should I have any problems accepting anybodies opinion? I don't have to agree though.

Hubpages requires people  not call each other names on their privately-owned  website. That has jack to do  with anyone's  politics.

1. profile image0

Can you sight or explain the name calling ?

15. profile image0

John , And the left never insults the right , Is that correct ?

I have never applied a blanket insult to any group of people.

16. MikeSyrSutton profile image70
    MikeSyrSuttonposted 8 years ago

HP is falling apart! Their decision making of late is leading to an unfortunate demise. Far too many unnecessary and bad moves have been made by those with power on this site.

17. profile image0

New  political and social forum rule.

Much like in our education system all across this country , from early education to college education .  In all  political and social issue  forums ,There will only be ONE  allowed  train of thought and social  venue for discussion . Political correctness !   WE must train our children to be little  soldiers of  these same idealisms .  Conservative though , no matter the source and other  opinions  will no longer  be tolerated .

From this point on ,  All discussion  from the first thread onwards will include only liberal , intellectual  idealists'  , quotes , statistics  and other so called liberal  based opinions . NO  others will not be tolerated . We will only allow properly addressed means of political correctness to  be promoted  in our forums .

If we , and our children ,  are to be one and all of the same opinions  then we must create our own little world of  political sameness .   Conservative thought , opinions , ideals ,  actions , or any otherwise disagreeable  forms of discussion will no longer be allowed , discussed or tolerated .

Well that would make a change from the natural conservatism of Hubpages.

1. profile image0

That would be the change that most people would like , no doubt .

What! When so many hubbers are on the right!

18. profile image0

Oh no , You mean I'm on the wrong side again ?

?

1. profile image0

I'd rather fight for the underdog

You don't demonstrate that trait. If you did I'd accept that you were on the left.

1. profile image0

Ah but John , the underdog here in America is the traditionalist .  The old values , unhindered by P.C. , by the new tendencies for all things lefty .      Like it or not , face it or not , our society is growing far  and away more leftist than not .

Like most other first world countries the USA grows more right wing by the day.

19. profile image0

IF , that is the case , then it might just be as it should be ?

I thought you said you were for the underdog!

20. profile image0

For the most part John ,   I believe we are born , inherently left or right , correct ?  Yet within OUR system of education , the good ole N.E.A . and I.N.E.A  , there  IS an agenda to force  only the  left indoctrination  to our children , one would have to be  fairly blind not to see that , whether one cares or not  ,  our younger generations at least  are far more liberal than not .

So then ,  is this  educational genocide of the  conservative ,   by the same  education system ,not creating  the underdog ?

We are born inherently left wing, our survival depends on cooperation, not competition.

Why, when the teaching profession is largely right wing, would you accuse them of pushing (very unsuccessfully) a left wing agenda?
      Surely the aim of the teaching profession is to drive the left tendencies out of the youth and make them obedient slaves?

1. profile image0

Woooo John , you are soo wrong about that , in America at least , It may not be left enough for your liking but the whole of NEA has an agenda to teach  so left it isn't  funny , you see by brainwashing our kids they feel we will never know what hit us until its too late .  And you know what , its too late !

You're right about the cooperation thing though , our out of control governments need to be booted out .By any means possible  ,  By revolution if need be .

If the NEA has an agenda to teach "so left" they are obviously failing miserable and should be written off as unfit for purpose.

You don't have one mainstream political party that is left wing. Isn't that a terrible indictment of the NEA?

1. profile image0

I believe you've been reading the wrong papers John , The NEA here is like a  gestapo  ,all powerful , and just  as politically tenured as the white house is , Talk about the new world order , it's probably the most labor organized organization  beyond all control of anything traditional .    I don't know how you can surmise that  there's no  political organization  that's liberal here ,   been in the USA lately ?

It's a few years since I was last in the USA but we are constantly exposed to news. There must be some smart people over there if they manage to totally hide any left wing tendencies!

1. profile image0

Quite the contrary John ,  First  if one is young  in the US.  they are under  the influence of the  entire education field , which is quite  liberally doused ,  youth and young college bound people tend towards be liberalism  anyway . Second , the NEA is the largest and most politically influential organization in the entire US., they enjoy the good company of  most of congress , any elected federal official  and the subsidization of the federal  tax system . Third , have you ever heard of the democrats ?

So where are all these lefties then?
                  You don't think the democrats are left wing do you?  You do realise that the kinds of legislation that they are introducing, like TTP, are about as right wing as you can get?

1. profile image0

Not fully up on TTP, I shouldn't state much except that I'm Not for the globalization or exploitation of the success of the US economy .   I don't see how  it can help us all that much , exporting jobs has been about all trade deals  have accomplished to date ,  inflationary prices on all goods , corporate control of politics ...... it just isn't good ...... And , .the other kinds of  ' right wing' democratic  legislations ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)