It IS Time to ban displaying this part of "History " !

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (25 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12489700.jpg

It's time !, This flag  has as far  more negative meaning  about it as  any "historical " value !  It's time for it to go ! it shows disrespect for African Americans , for the northern half of our countries  people , to many soldiers were lost fighting for and against it !  It represents a dark time in our history .

Put it in your southern museums and keep it out of public displays !

1. colorfulone profile image77
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I read on Facebook that large companies are banning the sales for the Confederate flag.

1. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

CNN "Walmart, Amazon, Sears, eBay to stop selling Confederate flag merchandise"  http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/22/politics/ … -carolina/

2. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It is an excuse to continue a long lost corrupt ideal with a clever twist. States rights was their mantra but saving slavery their goal.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It just represents Too much negativity,    you are right !

3. janesix profile image60
      janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No. This is just censorship,and against  free speech.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point. I don't think most people understand the dangers of chipping away at this basic right. Allowing only those who don't offend us to express a viewpoint isn't really freedom.

4. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, ahorseback, we are on the same side of this issue. Hope springs eternal!!!

2. Alphadogg16 profile image84
    Alphadogg16posted 8 years ago

I do not think it should be brought down just because it's offensive to Blacks. We are all Americans, White, Black, Hispanic or otherwise. In my opinion the flag makes it seem like the South is a separate entity from the rest of the United States.

1. profile image0

Exactly , The civil war is over , that flag  was representative of a defeated  army and "country ",  it should have been banned from the end  of the civil war  , although it actually , if I'm not mistaken -was the battle flag of The army of Northern Virginia ?

1. janesix profile image60

Let's just ban everything you don't approve of.

1. profile image0

Oh excuse me , Lets let janesix have a flag to fly , all others are banned .

Have some books you want to burn too?

1. profile image0

So lets see , you have a problem banning an image that portrays slavery , rebellion ,  the death of  an equal number of northern and southern  American  troops .   The mass destroying of farms ,families ,  towns and cities  .....but what , you appreciate the free speech of displaying this flag ?
              http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12489700.jpg

Absolutely I have a problem with violations of free speech.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
                  Kathryn L Hillposted 8 years agoin reply to this

or is it abuseā€¦of freedom of speech?
                  Why do they fly that flag again?
                  It there Any Explanation?
                  If I were the president I would publicly say, "Take down that flag, boys!"
                  ( ...as long as he allows us to fly the American flag.)

How is it abuse of freedom of speech?

2. janesix profile image60

Good luck in your Orwellian society.

3. Credence2 profile image79
    Credence2posted 8 years ago

Nobody is banning anything, people. Private parties are free to diplay the flag on their pick-ups their private property etc. The statehouse is public property and its represents all the people. So, if the Confederate Flag can go up, why not the multicolor gay/transgender flags. etc. The only flag that should be flying on public property is the US, State and Municipal. The state takes my tax money and represents me, something that has been so offensive to so many should not be granted the dignity of a prominant place in the public square...

Cmon, People!!, Have you taken basic civic courses?

Censorship is ridiculous. I don't see how that concept is so hard to understand.

4. Becky Katz profile image81
    Becky Katzposted 8 years ago

I normally stay out of political forums, and this is one. I agree with janesix. That would be a violation of our civil rights. It would be the same as burning books because we do not like what is in them. Flying them on a public building is wrong. But a private citizen that wants to fly one on their property has the RIGHT to do so.
    I am personally an all American that would never fly one or own one. I lived in the South and was offended every time I saw one, but they have the right to fly their own. Companies have the right to not sell them. But if we start to take away even one right, we will more easily lose the ones we have. THAT I am not in favor of.
    Go ahead now and start bashing me, and calling me names because you disagree with me, but think about what I have said. Do not give anyone the right to take our rights away from us
    As fr the one that said to have the President ban them, that was the worst idea ever. THIS President is already accused of representing the blacks over the rest of the country. THIS President has no need to stick his nose in this subject, for our country's good.

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I won't bash you, I applaud you, no one says that you can't fly the dispicable piece of cloth, I just don't want it in the statehouse giving it the legitimacy as representing the State and all of its people that it does not deserve. Your commentary is welcome, come again and come often. That opinion is one that I share who is in dispute with it?

1. profile image0

Exactly ! Lets the fanatics fly it at home , in the club , in the museum . But when the state adopts  a flag so controversial  , There's something way wrong !     No one wants prayers in school , in  public forums or  in  our pledge of  allegiance to the  American flag  :   But we don't mind  the confederate flag flown by a state government ?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)