Card games.....what do you like to play?

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (31 posts)
  1. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

What card games do you like to play?  Also add why its your favorite(s) and when you play etc...

I'll start I just played some cribbage. It was the first time for many years and it was most enjoyable.  We sat outside at a cafe, drank coffee, ate ice-cream and played cribbage.  It was lovely.

1. Diane Inside profile image74
      Diane Insideposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi travel, I like to play texas hold' em best, because it gets a few of us together, and we have fun just chatting and reconnecting every once and a while.  And it's about the only card came I'm any good at. lol

travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it a great way to share some good times with people? 

I guess that many people are like you and play just one game over and over again too.

2. Tinsky profile image91
      Tinskyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Sevens"  and since no one else I know has ever played it I'd like to say its a game my Dad created when I was a wee kid.  Maybe I will write a hub about how to play it?  It's quite a fun game.  A part from "sevens"  I sometimes like to play Cricket - one person can play it like Patience.   PLUS Pontoon or 21 is fun, so is Rickety Kate - it has another name but I can't think of it right now.

1. profile image53
        Galbraith13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sevens sounds like a great game. If you would like you can add your rules to my card game site? http://www.card-games-online.com/submit

That goes for anyone else that would like to share their game.

2. libby101a profile image60
    libby101aposted 13 years ago

I love to play Rooke! It's fun! I love it because two couples can play... or four friends! It's most fun at night when all the little ones are in bed asleep with no distractions!

3. niner profile image60
    ninerposted 13 years ago

I love playing Euchre. smile Everyone in my family plays it, and it's a great game to just hang out and play with people.  Cribbage and gin are fun, too!

Welcome to HubPages Niner!  Soon your date joined will be in months and years rather than hours!  I hope you enjoy your time here.

I haven't played Euchre for a very long time!

4. KeithTax profile image72
    KeithTaxposted 13 years ago

Sheepshead every Friday night at my place. Family and neighbors are plentiful.

Sounds like a really great way to spend fun times with your family and friends KT.

5. Froggy213 profile image63
    Froggy213posted 13 years ago

pinochle is the game and of course Texas hold em--this is a great site for that:
    http://www.triplejack.com/

Love your avatar froggy.

6. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

My favorite card game is Cribbage. I do however enjoy a game or two of Gin once in a while.

Most of the time I play on Pogo, when I do play. smile

Hello Cags!

Cribbage makes you think doesn't it?  I had to think when I played last night because I had trouble remembering how to play it and count up.  lol I did OK though.

I don't know Pogo.  Is that a card game?

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Travel,

Pogo is not a game. It's a Gaming website. Pogo.com has free membership and paid memberships. It's yearly dues is something like $35 or $36. Only USA citizens can win the jackpots.

Oh OK Cags - It's not my kind of thing!  smile

7. travelespresso profile image68
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

Just remembered the many happy hours playing "Go Fish" with my children.

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 13 years ago

I play low stakes poker weekly.  We play mostly "wild card" games - not silly things like "deuces wild", but far more complicated things that require using your head far more than even "normal" poker.

9. sabrinaaq profile image60
    sabrinaaqposted 13 years ago

Rummy, Jail Break, Go Fish, Solitare, and Black Jack! big_smile

10. profile image0
    prayersposted 13 years ago

Rummy, Solitare, Spite and Malice, Spades.

11. jstankevicz profile image74
    jstankeviczposted 13 years ago

Wednesday night is poker night. We play a tournament once a month, and the other weeks we play dealer's choice.

At home, we often play Hand and Foot, or if it is just the two of us we might play Spite and Malice, which is a 2-handed patience game.

12. DaniellaWood profile image73
    DaniellaWoodposted 13 years ago

Rummy! I always used to play it with my nanna and grandad so it brings back lovely memories for me smile

13. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

solitaire lol, will somebody teach me poker

14. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

I play 29 and enjoy it.

15. imatellmuva profile image76
    imatellmuvaposted 13 years ago

We make up our own rules, and strategies to make games even more fun and exciting.

Two favorites are Uno and Scattergories.

If the face card in Uno is 9 you play all cards that add up to 9,(6+3=9). Or if the face card is 6 and let's say you have a 9 & a 3, you play both cards because 9-3=6.

Every word that you must come up with for a category in Scattergories, is replaced by some ridiculous made-up word, or combination of actual words that wouldn't really make sense for the category, but boy-oh-boy is it fun! We laugh and laugh to tears. tongue lol big_smile

16. xboxps3wow profile image40
    xboxps3wowposted 13 years ago

I play solitaire on my ipod, best card game ever

17. LennyP profile image73
    LennyPposted 13 years ago

My favorite card game to play is Magic: The Gathering. Finding the best deck for a given meta and playing it as optimally as possible feeds my desire for creativity and competitiveness at the same time. Of more traditional non-CCG's I play NL Poker.

18. Jane Bovary profile image84
    Jane Bovaryposted 13 years ago

500. It's a great card game. Like all card games there's the high chance element but there's also plenty of room for skill. I like the partnership aspect too.

19. profile image52
    Yeshwanth sinhaposted 8 years ago

I like to play online poker at pokabunga and it is one of my favourite card game.

20. janesix profile image60
    janesixposted 8 years ago

Spades, rummy, skipbo, uno.

21. profile image52
    wamikaJposted 8 years ago

I love card games. I play Rummy at SilkRummy  is one of the best site to play Online card games like Rummy,Pool Rummy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)