Why did my computer hub had gotten the dreaded NFQ symbol again?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (28 posts)
  1. Kristen Howe profile image91
    Kristen Howeposted 8 years ago

Yesterday I updated it by adding a new poll. It has two ad capsules and nothing spammy about it. What gives?

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Instead of starting a new post every time your hubs are unfeatured, why don't you review the advice given to you in your previous posts here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/131245
      and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130934
      and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130758
      and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/130313
      and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127608
      and here
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/127601

Clearly you are making the same errors over and over in your hubs.  If you identify what it is and correct it, then your hubs won't become unfeatured and you won't have to do this every week.

Kristen Howeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All I did was add a new poll to update the hub. Nothing should be considered spammy, since I have 2 ad capsules and last contacted HP in May. I've contacted them again. I have removed the new poll. What gives? I disagree with HP this time.

2. Rachel L Alba profile image90
      Rachel L Albaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Come to think of it, I have some hubs that say they are not featured also.  I didn't think much of it, I'm not really up on all the lingo for HubPages yet.  I'll have to check and see if they are on my profile page.

1. Rachel L Alba profile image90
        Rachel L Albaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

PS  I think they should tell you why certain hubs are not featured.

3. Kristen Howe profile image91

Rachel, I agree. Thanks everyone for your support, I've added personal experience and fixed the writing. Hopefully this would pass QP this time around.  If you want to look at it again, here's the link for new round of feedback: http://kristenhowe.hubpages.com/hub/Bac … -Computer. I hope it's better.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

Unless you link the the hub in question it is hard to say

3. Kristen Howe profile image91
  4. Kristen Howe profile image91

I've gotten the same email about the "spammy elements", like I did back in May. They wanted me to unpublish it or add new information to it, besides taking down some ad capsules.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

And yet the ads are still there!  If HP tells you to do something, and you want an article to become featured, you should do as they say.  HP is not wrong.  You have problems with grammar and structure and too many ads.  You might want to use a program like Grammarly (totally free) to help you.

5. Kristen Howe profile image91

Got the same NFQ symbol again--HP, it's fine!

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

Well you are advertising two specific computers with no evidence that you have personally used those models, and no text saying why someone might use those models.

I think that fits the new definition of spammy elements.

7. Kristen Howe profile image91

I see. I would have to work on that tomorrow. I've used Apple though, all my life.

1. PegCole17 profile image94
      PegCole17posted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think some personal experience of how these computers have been useful to you and how you did your comparison shopping and what made you choose them might give weight to your article. There seems to be quite a number of times you mention the word computer (20+) and I realize that is the topic, but it might sound like keyword stuffing to the average reader. Of course, this is just an opinion.

Thanks Peg. No matter what I do to improve the hub, I still get the NFQ symbol. I've added a personal note, cited my new images, and updated my ad capsules, and it continues to back to NFQ.  I might add more personal experience to them this weekend and remove some computer words from the article.  Maybe they'll pass it this weekend with a new poll!

8. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 8 years ago

Once you get it to pass the QP again, leave it alone. Every time you edit it, it is sent back to QAP and is in jeopardy of being rejected again.

Hi Smartandfun. I'll keep it mind and won't bother updating it with a new poll or image. I just think it's so unfair that they pick on it.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I looked at the first couple of paragraphs and I'm sorry to say, but I do see quality issues. For example, in the first paragraph, "Before we can accessorize the desk, finding the perfect computer to fit your needs can be hard" is awkward and doesn't make much sense. How about simply "Finding the perfect computer to fit your needs can be hard" (or consider "difficult" instead of "hard").

Also, "there's" (there is) should be "there are," and "plus and minuses" should be "pluses and minuses."

Also, Black Friday is irrelevant 11 months out of the year. I would remove that reference.

These are just a few nit-picky little things I see in the first paragraph. These small things add up and could be the problem. Check the entire article. Read it out loud, run it through a grammar checker, or have a friend read it out loud to you.

Sorry to nit-pick. Best wishes.

No worries. I'll keep it in mind when I edit/update to pass QP. Good to see you, my friend.

9. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years ago

Sorry to nit-pick as well, but I must mention that, (although I did not go and read your hub), simply by looking at the title of this forum post, I can see that many of your issues may center around grammar. 

You've titled the post, "Why did my computer hub had gotten the dreaded NFQ symbol again?"

It mixes up tenses and uses unnecessary words.  It would have been correct to phrase it simply, in any of these ways:

"Why did my computer hub get the NFQ symbol again?"
    "My computer hub has gotten the dreaded NFQ symbol again!"
    "Why does my computer hub keep getting the NFQ symbol?" 

Keep working on the grammar and word choice elements, and never mind about polls, amazon capsules, etc, and you should be able to pass the QAP.

10. Kristen Howe profile image91

Thanks Lizzy. I'll keep it mind to refine my hub one more time.

11. Kristen Howe profile image91

I have 2 ads Timetraveler--not as when I first started and removed a bunch this spring. I've did everything they told me to do. And for my rewrite, I updated it with personal experience  Grammarly isn't exactly free for a membership.

1. ComfortsOfHome profile image57
      ComfortsOfHomeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You don't need a membership to use Grammarly to check your grammar, Kristen - there is a free plugin for the Chrome browser.  You can find it at https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … lhen?hl=en

12. Kristen Howe profile image91

Oh that's interesting to know. Thanks for the tip.

1. flycatcherrr profile image67
      flycatcherrrposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Glad to help.
      I hope you'll be able to follow the excellent advice you've been given in this forum, and hopefully break the cycle of edit-NFQ-edit-NFQ- etc - that is:
      1.) Remove the Amazon ads, and
      2.) Correct the grammatical errors.
      Good luck!

13. Kristen Howe profile image91

Thanks Flycatchrr. I started out with 6 ads since last fall--4 have been removed in May. Now I'm down to 2. I hope to go back to that hub later this week and revise it again.

1. flycatcherrr profile image67
      flycatcherrrposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I do recall you mentioned that you had already reduced the number of ads - but as others have advised a number of times here and in your other forum threads, you may very well need to remove the remaining two Amazon spots in order to pass out of NFQ.

Okay. I'll do that in the end after I do a major rewrite later this week to fix writing. Actually, one's ebay, one's Amazon. That's all I have left. Then I'll add a link and poll back up to resend back to HP.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)