Fairies: Do They Exist or Did They? Have you had experiences?

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (56 posts)
  1. kittythedreamer profile image74
    kittythedreamerposted 12 years ago

Many people for centuries have believed in faeries, fairies, or what some call the "wee folk". Have you had any experiences with fairies or have you possibly seen fairies? I've heard stories of little girls seeing fairies dancing in fields or in their very bedrooms...do you have any experiences like this?

1. Hoss Spencer profile image57
      Hoss Spencerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I for one, being scientifically based,was shown that sometimes something out there exists. Growing up I've seen unusual appearances. I've not been fortunate to have seen a real fairy.Up to now what my eyes have witnessed has been real scary. An appearance of a fairy would be a welcomed experience. I expect that this year, there will be more revelations.  There is nothing wrong with believing something or someone exists. It is through belief that we pursue that which we seek and eventually find. Look at me, my mind was changed.

2. profile image0
      jomineposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes there are fairies. One fairy died to save us. Another holy fairy is guiding me in my daily life and I've experienced that fairy and sometimes I hear the voices too. There is another head fairy sitting in a well to judge us after we are dead. This head fairy may sometimes take people to him on flying buffalo's, to tell us about her. And as 'Wilmers' put it, experience is the master and not evidence, and if you don't believe as I do,(I've experience and if the head fairy think you are fit, she'll reveal herself to you and its not reason but faith that does matters, as fairy want your unconditional faith) you are going to burn in eternal hell.
      PS: These fairies have a mother, daughter, sister relation, though all are one and the same!

3. Melindas Mind profile image67
      Melindas Mindposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I do and don't believe in fairies. I don't because there's no scientific evidence to prove their existence. I do because saying that something doesn't exist is because no one has ever seen it, is poor logic. Two-hundred years ago no one had ever seen a germ - that doesn't mean it wasn't there. Besides, what if we can't see them because they're just smarter than us? I guess you could say that I'm open to the possibility of fairies and other sorts of 'fairy-tale creatures'.

4. Julia Maxwell profile image57
      Julia Maxwellposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I believe in fairies/faeries/fae because they revealed themselves to me. The first time I saw one was within the wick of a candle-the flame morphed in to a tiny dancing fae and I was in a shock for barely a moment because ultimately it was so super beautiful and it honestly looked similar to what we imagine fairies to look like/it looked like the kind of fairy depicted in much art etc. Then I had an overwhelming experience with them when multiple fairies appeared and were trying to communicate but it was as if their voice was being stifled. I believe this is because we have ALMOST ran *real* magic and magic beings out of our world because many are afraid to accept their existence and have over history destroyed magic by killing or effectively banishing them like we have done to fairies to other realms of existence and forests, there are still places where they can make a home but my understanding and I have welcomed the fairies as much in to my life as willing is that we need to love and embrace them as we do human beings and rejoice that magic and fairies exist

2. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

Umm, hello? I'm sitting on a hand here. I've got wings. Of course I exist. smile

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Why oh why do your people steal human babies and replace them with fairy babies? tongue

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We don't mean you harm, but the atheists have to have something to eat. We can't let them consume our babies now....can we?

Folks used to really fear faeries, I prefer the modern fairy myself. Maybe you guys have like evolved or something? big_smile

1. profile image0

What you see is what you've got. Intellectually we've evolved. Physically? No need to adapt, so we've pretty much maintained form throughout the centuries.

Numbers are dwindling though, thanks to the internet. All these threads where everyone says they don't believe in faeries....drops some of us like flies. Some people need to be more sensitive to the power of words on fragile ecosystems. smile

Is it true that ringing a bell creates new faeries?
              I used to love ringing bells as a kid just in case wink

1. profile image0

Yes, but that's regional. Faery creation is entirely up to the gullibility of the children. Whatever they truly believe is reality on this level. smile

What if I tell my niece she is a fairy? She could be a fairy spirit in a human body right?

1. profile image0

Most assuredly. Those are the nicest of all the fairies. smile

2. Fairy hope profile image61
                  Fairy hopeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Can people turn into fairies is there a magical way and do fairies have magic to help nature.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
                    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No. Fairies cannot turn into humans. There is no magical way.
                    But, you can write as many stories as you want about fairies helping nature. I would love to read them. big_smile

3. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Nope.  So far, at least, I've been completely sane and the only time I ever hallucinated was when I had a very high fever from mumps.

You probably shouldn't be out in a field if you have a high fever.

4. A Troubled Man profile image59
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"  ~~ Douglas Adams

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

And i suppose next we'll be hearing from the religious who will say they are little angels..

It's such fun living here, isn't it?  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

1. vector7 profile image59
      vector7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, Angels are actually very powerful beings.

Sure, you don't believe in them. But you don't believe in Satan either, so what can I say?

I guess if we told you dinosaurs existed and you hadn't found any bones yet you'd call us 'crazy religious saying there's giant reptiles.'

smile

6. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 12 years ago

Seen a few "Little People" and a couple of "Leprechauns" but haven't seen any "Fairies". The little "Angels" seem to be few and far between these days.

7. flashmakeit profile image61
    flashmakeitposted 12 years ago

I can image how fairies are but I have not seen a real one yet.  They remind me of butterflies I see in my garden that usually has so many hornets in it so I often just image.

8. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 12 years ago

Fairies.  Little intelligent creatures that fly around?

Tiny creatures (think Tinkerbell) do not have the brain capacity to be intelligent in our experience of biology.  It would seem unlikely in the extreme that they could be related at all to us - even DNA would be foreign to them.  ET's perhaps?

Larger intelligent creatures flying around?  Flying animals using similar biology to ours are very specialized, with a good deal of the brain given to the mechanics of flying plus vastly increased eyesight or other means of "seeing".  Increased musculature as well as lung and heart capacity again severely limit the amount of resources that could go to the brain.  Weight limitations also affect the possibility.

It seems very unlikely that such things exist, unless possibility imported from somewhere else with a much different biological basis.  If they evolved here we should find other animals with the same biological basis, which we haven't seen.

1. profile image0

I suspect you are implying that faeries are stupid. Nothing could be further from the truth. Tinkerbell was a bad example to use on some levels (she wasn't one of our best and brightest), but a great one to refute your assertion that a large percentage of the brain goes to the mechanics of flying. Fairy dust wilderness. It's magical. Read up on it.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh.  And there I had completely forgotten the possibility of magic.  Of course Tinkerbell was magic; she even had magic dust to sprinkle around.  How silly of me! smile

9. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

I was watching a show a while back about faeries in medieval Christianity. The beliefs were told that if a person thought their baby had been stolen by a fairy and swapped for a fairy baby they could entice the faeries to place the fairy baby upon a pyre and with the danger of burning, the faeries would appear to exchange the human baby back for the fairy baby. There was a story here in England of a man who was convinced his wife had been stolen away by the fairies when she had ventured into a wooded area (a place you didn't if you wanted people to trust that you weren't in league with the faeries). She had grown listless and had no energy. He murdered her to get his wife back, believing that she really was a dreaded fairy. The explanation on the show was that for disorders that were not understood fairies were the only way these people had to explain why a baby wasn't 'normal' (say blind or deaf). I think the wife in the story was supposed to have lost a child and was most likely suffering from depression. I think I prefer modern day faeries like Sookie from True Blood! lol

10. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 12 years ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changeling
    check out the bit under "Changelings in the historical record" not quite the same story I remember but I could be mis-remembering the last story here or its yet another example.

11. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 12 years ago

Peter Jackson is taken auditions this weekend for for Pixies and Hobbits in Lower Hutt - Wellington NZ... The Fairies weren't invited to attend... something about having an addiction to chocolate cake I believe. sad

12. Disappearinghead profile image60
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

Yeah I see fairies every time I eat some of those magic mushrooms they like to sit around on.

LOL...

13. momster profile image61
    momsterposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in ghosts? bigfoot? lochness monster? aliens?
    Everyone has their own belief. If there is something out there
    than its there. Juat a simple question someone was curious to
    ask. There will not always be proof for unknown things and thats
    just fine. If they have survived this long without humans destroying
    them thats great. I do believe there are many things that go
    unexplained and can not be proven but that doesnt mean they may not
    be there. Try not to be rude to people when they want to know something.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

No, not everyone believes in myths and superstitions.

2. vector7 profile image59

Ghosts? Yeahz..

Seen too many wierd things. Freaky wierd things.

I've seen people so freaked out they were covered in goose bumps next to a huge fire on a hot night...

Stuff if you tell people like I am now they call you nuts..

Well I am nuts.. a bag of'em. Honey roasted and vacuum sealed.

On sale. At your store.. Nutritious, Delicious, Superstitious..

Bet you're hungry too.

I'll be on the shelf if you want me. wink

smile

14. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

People who are spiritually in tune with nature might be able to interpret that energy into visual form.  Fairies, gnomes, etc. Our Miccosukee tribe from Florida believes that the Everglades are protected by the the little tree people, some sort of NA gnome that haunts the living that goes into the woods to act in a disorderly fashion disrespecting nature. Gypsies believed in duende, which lives in nature and works like a muse, inspiring people to be creative and good in the performing arts.

1. kittythedreamer profile image74
      kittythedreamerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, klara. I'd never heard of either of those...very intriguing!

2. vector7 profile image59

Awww, little tree people!

I want to meet some..

I'll be good, no worries. I'll build them little mansions and let'em ride on my shoulder.

smile

15. Max Shelley profile image61
    Max Shelleyposted 12 years ago

Fairy's exist, ask Dean and Sam Winchester tongue

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol

16. Shawn May Scott profile image60
    Shawn May Scottposted 12 years ago

I love the idea of the Fairy Folk and all the stories that surround them. I have never had an experiance with them althought I do use a Fairy Oracle for divination. These "wee folk" are a deep mystery in our culture and have been a part of our entertainment for centuries. Whether they exist or not, I have to remain on the fence on this one!!!smile

17. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 12 years ago

My husband took a picture of me in the Everglades, and the way that the light was hitting and coming in through the trees, we were astonished to see what looked like a detailed fairy sitting on my head. It's truly amazing! Everyone who sees the picture asks: "Where did you get the fairy?"

You're hiding the little people.. hmm

Do they have little tv's?

yikes That's why they like you!

Your using the flatscreen to lure them like the movie theatre's..

And then you get them to stay with an all they can eat buffet of food cuz they're so small it would still be nearly nothing!

Maybe...

I dunno..

I'll be watching for the little people...   neutral

smile

1. profile image0
        klarawieckposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hey! Watch it! I'm 5'1". Who you callin' little?! yikes

lol

Well I've got 7 inches on ya. wink

[oooooo,  you're so big v7.. roll I know I know.. lol]

smile

1. profile image0

Geez! I hope it's more than seven inches! roll Considering I have no inches at all ... We wouldn't want to disappoint now ... roll

18. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

The Fairies and Gnomes all now work for Hubpages and Google working out hubscore and our SERP positions; so if you want to improve your positions in the search engines or raise your scores ---- repeat after me.....

"I believe in Fairies, I believe in Fairies, I...."

19. Raevyn14 profile image60
    Raevyn14posted 12 years ago

fairies, you mean like angels?

1. Shawn May Scott profile image60
      Shawn May Scottposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Not angels as from heaven but the "wee folk" of the forest. Pixies, gnomes, trolls all belong to this catagory of myths.

20. Raevyn14 profile image60
    Raevyn14posted 12 years ago

children will tell you that they're real, but for adults they'll tell you that they're a figment of ones imagination. There is no real evidence of their existance, so there's not telling

21. Hoss Spencer profile image57
    Hoss Spencerposted 12 years ago

The thing about children, unlike adults, is that the reason they believe is because their minds have not been corrupted by the "doubting bug".

1. profile image0

The doubting bug missed my house, dude!

1. Hoss Spencer profile image57
        Hoss Spencerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Glad that that bug missed your residence! Hopefully he'll never never visit or stay. I myself have had so many things happen to me that I'm not able to doubt. More Soon.

22. Druid Dude profile image59
    Druid Dudeposted 12 years ago

Supposedly, digital cameras have been catching what are being called sprites, which is another way to describe the same phenomenon which the Irish and Welsh call the "little folk"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)