Why do you have pet?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Mac Mission profile image59
    Mac Missionposted 14 years ago

Why do you have pet at home or outside? whether is this interest, hobby, love, ...... !

1. Azizi527 profile image60
      Azizi527posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've always loved animals and has had pets since I was a child. My latest pets though has been cats. I had one and he escaped and a friend found him 4 months later, i had to let him go as he became a street cat. I have had 2 cats, 2 sisters since birth one recently died of cancer. She was 12 years old. Now i am just left with one. I love pets, cause they are good company, i like to play with them and they are loveable. They know no wrong. Animals/pets are adorable, loving and are attached and they love their owners. I loathe for any animal to be abused or just thrown to the street. Animals have feelings and i believe they understand when their owners speak to them. I wish my cat that is over 12 years old would talk to me. I can just imagine what she would say LOL

2. Ronaldos profile image61
      Ronaldosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uhm... i have 2 cats, five dogs, 7 budgies, 3 vultures, 88 snakes, 3 koala bears, 15 horses, 3 lizzards, 4 eagles, 55 rabbits, 2 cow's, 17 fish, 4 eels, 5 leopards and 6 elephants.

3. Margie01 profile image61
      Margie01posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Because I lost my mind. I adopted two Pomeranians from a Rescue Group; traveled 8 hours away to pick them up and now I have to worry about the kids coming home and feeding, walking and bathing them...can you say "un-neccesary stress"?

4. allpetsdeb profile image58
      allpetsdebposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have three dogs.  Two poodles and one shi tzu.  My dogs are great and I love them to death.  They follow me all over the house just waiting for me to sit down so they jump on my lap or just lay down beside me. They never have bad days and are never in a bad mood.  They are happy just to be with me, no matter what.

5. norlawrence profile image72
      norlawrenceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have pets because I love animals and like to be around them.

2. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Single mom here n sometimes home alone. We have 2 dogs, Genghis and Koobla and they are excellent guard dogs. Nobody can come near my house without me hearing about it, lol lol

1. Mac Mission profile image59
      Mac Missionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice to read this. ... Good

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Both Pam and I are animal lovers, but I don't like doggy breath or having to walk them, so we don't have dogs.  We do have three cats and a leopard gecko.

1.  Moe Key Man Cat:  He's the reincarnation of various pets Pam and I had YEARS before the two of us ever met.  He was once a baby squirrel, Max (Pam's) and a baby cottontail rabbit (mine) as well as her "20 year Moe"--an orange and white guy (Pam's) who lived to be 20 years of age and who looks EXACTLY like he did back then.

2.  Kitten Precious was the runt of a litter Pam's son brought home during a time when they (Zach and Pam) were living together (apart from me).  Pam instantly fell in love with the tiny furball and stole her from her son--who understood that his Mom needed the kitten more than he did.  Besides, he's got a monster Great Dane / Lab cross named Cooper who eats people anyway.

3.  Green Eyes (cat) is a black cat who adopted us in Colorado, where she lived in our garage for 2 years before we moved to Arizona.  She does not play nice with other cats, though, so since Pam and I have "separate bedrooms", Green Eyes bunks in with me.  Definite love all around as long as she doesn't have to go nose to nose with Kitten Precious.

4.  Missy Gecko was a replacement for Buddy (a girl gecko).  Buddy was neglected by her previous owner and nearly starved to death because the 10 year old owner kept forgetting to feed her.  She and Pam were together first.  We accidentally caused her death (long story) which broke Pam's heart, but Missy has healed much if not most of that wound.

Dr. Phil had on a show in which he stated pets were ridiculous if you couldn't afford them.  Pam and I say, dump the Cable TV subscription (who needs Dr. Phil anyway?) and keep the critters.  They definitely give better advice.

4. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have had a pet cat since I was 4. I am an only child and while I was rarely alone, when I was, I have very fond memories of my cat Pokey (who recently passed away at age 18), sitting and watching me play attentively. Almost like she was babysitting me. When I have kids someday, I definitely want them to have at least one female cat. They really do well with children (most of them...if they're raised right!).

I have two others that are really great, too. One of them is seriously like my baby. I really adore him. In fact, I wrote a hub about Bentley! hahaha I couldn't imagine not having a cat since I've had one 18 years of my life. I would like to get a dog someday, too, but for now I really think that my cat is just as communicative and attentive as a dog. Some people don't 'get' cats, but I think they're incredible pets. I love their independent behavior and their various personalities, no two cats are alike. For people that hate cats, I think it's because they've never met one like mine! big_smile For example, if my mom's cat was the only cat I had ever interacted with in my life, I would not care for cats at all. That cat is awful. lol

5. Bredavies profile image60
    Bredaviesposted 14 years ago

I love animals. It's like they always know when there is something wrong.

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put, funny I once read about a guy who arrived home every night after a hard day at work and whilst his wife and kids didnt greet him his dog was all over him licking his hand and glad to see him back.

Hmmmm, that's right, it was me smile

1. Bredavies profile image60
        Bredaviesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess animals are just brilliant! smile

2. cashmere profile image77
        cashmereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds like my Dad. it used to happen a lot in my home when i was growing up.

6. forlan profile image60
    forlanposted 14 years ago

they are kind. they never ask any money to you. they just ask your love.

http://hubpages.com/hub/MY-FAVORIT-ANIMAL-IS-BIRD

7. Eternal Evolution profile image71
    Eternal Evolutionposted 14 years ago

Growing up i've always had pets, however all of them were outside and not allowed in, except for one cat that would come in on occasions. Now all my pets are indoors. I have 3 dogs, a pit bull (bowser) and 2 boston terriers (nibbler and goomba) 2 cats (achillies and baylin) 2 gerbils (powder and toast man) and some fish. they are my companions, they are family. idk exactly why i have them other than the fact i have and always will share my life with animals.

8. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

I have two - my husband and my 4 year old. Between them they keep me so busy that I don't have any time for a four legged variety.

9. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

I would like to have a pet, but I prefer not having to pay for the pet deposit where I live.  I had a cat a few years back, but I gave it to my parents, so I can visit her any time I wish.  The pet I miss the most is Siberian huskey Lady dog.  She was such a big part of my life as a teenager and a young adult smile.

10. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

My cat is always near me and when I'm sad or disappointed it's always he who calms me and improves my mood without doing anything - just sitting on my knees and tenderly miauling.

1. LRobbins profile image45
      LRobbinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I couldn't agree with you more Gennifer.  Nothing cheers me up more than to see my 2 cats running to the door to greet me after a long day.  Just being with them is a pleasure

11. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

Inside:2 dogs, hubby wanted them now all he does is complain about them, a cat, for the kids,and 3 fish. They are fun to watch and easy to take care of. outside:chickens, for eggs and they are pretty fun, rabbits, again for the kids, and now we have a little garter snake too. My youngest adores snakes, but I refuse to keep a python or anythign like that. every summer we let her catch a grass snake or garter snake and keep if for a couple weeks. I feel like its mean to keep them long, since they are used to going wherever they want. So we make her let them go.
    I like my pets, but I wish it wasnt such a strain latley.

12. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I was adopted by a Frog!
    They don't require much looking after and it never pees inside!
    It is free to hop in or out whenever it pleases and I'm ok with his girlfriend staying over. smile

13. Anath profile image61
    Anathposted 14 years ago

Sometimes like Marie Corelli I prefer the pets to a husband tongue

"... I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband. I have a dog which growls every morning, a parrot which swears all afternoon, and a cat that comes home late at night." Marie Corelli

14. NaomiR profile image77
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

We just love animals, especially cats. I think they're beautiful, graceful and mysterious. They get a bad rap for being unaffectionate, but that couldn't be further from the truth. My Maya greets me at the door each day when I come home and sleeps on top of me each night. She's just the most loyal, loving creature you could imagine.

15. Luciendasky profile image61
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

I have a tortoise because he is simple to take care of and because he is important to me... I wrote a hub about him if you would like to check it out.

16. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Have always had dogs, horses, cats, birds, rats....okay, we love animals.  They love unconditionally, and show by example how life should be lived -- in the moment without any regrets.  And, they are great teachers for children -- responsibility, senstivity, socially, emotionally, physically.... the list goes on and on...  big_smile

1. Valerie F profile image61
      Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree completely. My family has only one dog at the moment. As for the cat in our house, he has us.

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I always want pets in my house for their constant love, understanding, and comfort. Without my pets I wouldn't be where I am today because they are the silent listened who always are there for me when I don't want to talk and be left alone. They are there for me.

18. torimari profile image68
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Because I prefer their company over that of most people. smile

19. steffsings profile image64
    steffsingsposted 14 years ago

First for pity - daughter begged & pleaded - now for love. makes our home happier  - a constant presence of unconditional love greets me at the door every evening.

20. wychic profile image84
    wychicposted 14 years ago

Because I have always had pets, and dogs have been better family to me than most of the humans smile. I'm also told that I have a naturally nurturing personality and MUST mother on anything that comes my way. This has translated into many spoiled rotten pets, tons of houseplants, and a three-year-old son that I'm trying NOT to spoil but it doesn't always work. I also volunteer at the shelter to love on those critters, I'm the call person for wild birds and such needing rehabbing, and I've spent countless hours with severely abused animals helping them rebuild trust.

I had the dog in my picture for 15 years, bottle-fed him from two days old, and he just died in March a full three years older than the life expectancy of his dominant breed. I actually went a few months without any pets at all, and just adopted another little one that desperately needs some love. My significant other likes to joke that I found the ugliest dog in the shelter to feel sorry for, but her eyes just melted my heart. This dog was surrendered along with 32 other animals that were all being kept in a minivan, right now she has a really rough and discolored coat from being fed nothing but scraps and sleeping in waste her entire life. She adopted me before I ever adopted her, and it's just amazing how quickly she's blossoming when she has the love and attention she's always needed.

21. kowings profile image61
    kowingsposted 14 years ago

Because my wife showed my kid a picture of this really cute dog that was available for next to nothing....

I never had a chance...

22. VYMM2384 profile image60
    VYMM2384posted 14 years ago

Because kitties make excellent napping buddies and amazing foot warmers :-)

23. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

Why do you have pet?

because i love animals. i always wanted a pet of my own. over the years we had a few dogs but i had to share them with my brothers and sisters. i always wanted a bunny rabbit, so one day i went to the rabbit rescue and took the cutest bunny home with me. but i would cover her ears when i say she is my pet, because she thinks she is the boss of me wink

24. edguider profile image63
    edguiderposted 14 years ago

For the company and friendship. I have a dog and she never eaves my side. She is always happy to see me when we are separated and that worth more allot to me...

25. Specialk3749 profile image59
    Specialk3749posted 14 years ago

I love animals and had a dog when I was growing up.  She was my best friend.  Now, 6 out of my 7 kids have at least one pet. They really help teach responsibility.  We have 3 dogs: a rat terrier, border collie mix, and a blood hound. Three cats, a guinia pig, snake and 3 chickens.  All live in the house except for the chickens. Whew! I need a bigger house.

26. RedSonja94 profile image61
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

My oldest son has a cat and I have a dog.  I love animals and have no problems having them in the house.  My Mitsy is my best buddy and does everything with me.....even more than my hubby and kids.

27. VivBounty profile image63
    VivBountyposted 14 years ago

I have a 5-year-old 85lb dog and a 3-month-old kitten. The dog was originally to get my husband to take walks but as he won't and I love to walk, my dog Pedro and I walk the trails in the countryside where we live throughout winter and keep each other fit. The kitten was given to us, barely 6 weeks old at an agricultural exhibition in our village. Apparently the family had 15 more in their barn and were looking to give them away. Scampy the kitten might be female but as the vet is still unsure having proclaimed the gender male 4 weeks ago and then changing her mind on Monday, we will wait another 4 weeks until our next checkup to be sure. We hope big_smile
    In the meantime, Scampy is the name we chose for its gender ambiguity and he/she is endlessly entertaining and affectionate. Much more suited to my husband, the cat whisperer who always worked odd shifts and therefore had cats rather than dogs as pets after leaving his parents home. We love both our "kids" equally and wouldn't trade them for the world.

28. Stimp profile image60
    Stimpposted 14 years ago

Unconditional love, laughter and comfort when I'm sad/crying, I have no human children.

29. spiderspun profile image60
    spiderspunposted 14 years ago

I don't know if I have pets or pets have me.
    Animals seem to have no fear of me for some reason. I called off a dog that wasn't even mine and it came to me when no one else could control it.

Little bitty not handled criters arn't bothered by me. I removed some frightened hamsters from a shipping create for this pet shop keeper who couldn't get them individually out of the box, She stood there confused as each one crawled onto my hand and I put them in their new cage.

I have pets because they don't argue and they crave the love. They do actually argue in the case of my parrot who has mastered the understanding of the English language

30. Doggie Devotee profile image60
    Doggie Devoteeposted 14 years ago

I enjoy the love and companionship they provide. At the end of a long hard day my pets are there waiting for me with nothing but love.

31. unclesam profile image62
    unclesamposted 14 years ago

they are more loyal...i luv my doggie

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)