What is the best way to get followers on Hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    laxmiranikuntaposted 7 years ago

Hey guys! I'm a new Hubber and I just wanted suggestions on how to get more followers and more clicks to my articles.

1. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Explore the hubs and various topics you like. Read a few. Leave some comments, maybe follow a couple of hubbers. You really learn to write better hubs that way.  I've learned a lot on HP. And there are some excellent writers here (I can suggest some of my favs).   That is the most important thing: becoming a better writer. 

Find topics you are interested in and start engaging other hubbers. Followers and views will come.

2. theraggededge profile image97
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You don't get paid by the number of followers and internal views. If it's 'clicks' you want, you must focus on attracting external, preferably search traffic.

The social aspect of HP is a bonus.

1. profile image0
        laxmiranikuntaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ohh, I thought we get paid bAlright, thanks for letting me know that! smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You do get paid, but only for visitors from OUTSIDE HubPages.

"Followers" are all members of HubPages, not outside visitors.   It's nice to have followers because they help you feel motivated while you are learning how to attract outside visitors, but they do not earn money.

1. getmohsinpy profile image60
            getmohsinpyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

What you said was basic, but it never came to my mind. That's a cool advise. Thank you Marisa

3. lions44 profile image95
      lions44posted 7 years agoin reply to this

RaggedEdge is right. I should have noted that.  Social media is the best avenue for external clicks.  A website is helpful too.
      I'm not on Adsense or looking to make money. But I do use social media extensively and my views have tripled since using Twitter, FB and Pinterest.

1. profile image0

Thank you so much lions44, I will take those notes as a good start! smile

4. profile image0
      startalimposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You don't get paid by the number of followers and internal views. If it's 'clicks' you want, you must focus on attracting external, preferably search traffic.

The social aspect of HP is a bonus.

2. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

Search engines bring my traffic. I do not use social media at all.

One way to get more search engine traffic is to give your articles titles according to what a person would type into the Google (or other search engine) search box. For example, consider renaming your article "Friend or Foe -- Ain't So Easy to Tell!" something along the lines of "How to Spot a Toxic Friend" or "How to Get Rid of the Toxic People in Your Life" (just examples; I admit I did not fully read your article so I'm not certain exactly what topic it addresses).

There are many other factors which drive traffic, such as keywords and topic competition, but for now I'll just throw this one regarding search-friendly titles into the mix. Perhaps others will chime in with more, or search the forums and the learning center for more valuable information. It is all there, you just might need to look around for a few minutes.

1. profile image0

Alright, Thanks for the suggestion! I will try to look for a better title! smile

2. Rajeevi Murali profile image60
      Rajeevi Muraliposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That was an amazing information...Thank you.

1. Titia profile image91
        Titiaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Rajeevi Murali, you just commented on a post that's almost 2 years old.

3. Projectlazy profile image87
    Projectlazyposted 7 years ago

Social media can be exhausting and distracting. It's important but I found making a group of pages all around similar topics is much stronger. They can link between them and you can get multiple views from one person.

1. profile image0

Alright, I will try that thanks!

4. agilitymach profile image94
    agilitymachposted 7 years ago

If you want followers, make a Facebook Fan Page.  Only post newly published or recently edited Hubs on your Fanpage so you don't spam it.  Followers hate spam in the newsfeed.  Few people will join HubPages just to follow your articles.  However many, who are often already on Facebook, will "Like" your FB page, and follow you there.  Almost all of my readers come from posts I put out on my FB Fan Page.

That said, if you know the market you write for hangs out on Pinterest, go there to get your followers.  Maybe Twitter holds your followers, go there.  I know my market lives on FB, so I use FB to market my articles.  I have never paid for advertisement for my Hubs, but have generated my followers through "shares."  You might try advertising to see if it works, but if you do, be sure to really specify your market.

If you want to see a Facebook Fan Page, go to my profile, on the right side, click the Facebook icon.  It will take you to my fan page.  Look around.  Think about who your market is and what you need on your fan page to draw in "likes."

Good luck!

1. profile image0

I made a Facebook page but when I'm sharing my published articles there, it isn't giving me the option to post on my page's wall. Is there any suggestion or this?

1. agilitymach profile image94
        agilitymachposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure what you mean?  Do you mean you can't post the articles on your Fanpage?  Or do you mean you can't post the articles from your Fanpage to your personal FB page?  Or do you mean your main  photo isn't showing up on the post to your Fanpage?

1. profile image0

I mean that I made a Facebook page where I used to link my blogs from my old blogging website, but when I'm trying to do the same from hub pages, It isn't giving me the option to post my blogs on any page except my own timeline in Facebook. I know it sounds confusing, I'm trying to work on it to. But thanks for trying to help! smile

1. agilitymach profile image94
            agilitymachposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That is confusing!!  Check your privacy settings.  I know I was having trouble getting the main photo on my Hub to post on FB, but deleting the link and replacing it worked.  My fan page has been "glitchy" on FB lately.  I hope you work it out.

1. profile image0

Alright! Thanks again!

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image94
        SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi laxmiranikunta! smile

Why not? I have a Facebook page and I update my featured articles there regularly. There is a section titled "Post" with a small pen mark. Clicking on this will help you post anything. Just add the link to your hub there and you will notice a small thumbnail next to you hub title and little of your summary. Then click on Post and it will appear on your page.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image94
          SakinaNasir53posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Oh I'm sorry for misreading. I thought that you had made a special page for your articles on Facebook.

5. tlcs profile image62
    tlcsposted 7 years ago

If you want followers you need to check out other hubbers hubs. Follow them if you like what they write and often or not they will check out your hubs and follow you if they like what you write. Also check out the tutorials on this subject.

1. profile image0

Alright, I will try that, Thanks!

6. Oscar McGavin profile image39
    Oscar McGavinposted 7 years ago

I am new to hubpages and I find your post very helpful! thanks!

7. Rajeevi Murali profile image60
    Rajeevi Muraliposted 5 years ago

i was just googling for something that would help me and i came across this. Never thought to look when it was published!

1. DrMark1961 profile image96
      DrMark1961posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Things can change around here fairly quickly, so relying on old forum posts is not a good idea. In this case, however, the advice is still good. Best of luck here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)